Page 2

The Botanical Garden

The Botanical Garden of the Canton of Ticino is located on the island of San Pancrazio of Lake Maggiore. Founded in 1885 by Antoniette St. Leger, it is owned since 1950 by the Canton and the municipalities of Ascona, Brissago and Ronco sopra Ascona. Subtropical plants are cultivated on more than 2.5 hectares thanks to insubric climate with mild temperatures and high precipitation. The core of the collections are species from the five Mediterranean regions of the world: the Mediterranean region, the Cape region of South Africa, the Californian coast, Western Australia and Central Chile. Phone: 0041 091 791 43 61

|

E-mail: info@isolebrissago.ch