Discover Benelux | Design | Desirable Designs
New design beginnings January - the month of New Years’ resolutions, moderation, and new beginnings. Whilst detoxing your body, it might also be a good idea to extend the diet to your home by decluttering and implementing minimalistic designs. These neat and functional creations will ensure an organised start in 2018. TEXT: CHARLOTTE VAN HEK | PHOTOS: PRESS PHOTOS
1. Stretch your space Dining tables do not get much sleeker than this. Crafted for those with a soft spot for Scandi design, it has a sophisticated, minimal look and a sizeable table top. And it does not stop there: the extendable top allows you to increase seating when needed - as functional as it gets! €799 Aveiro via www.made.com
4. 2. Hang on Whether in the kitchen to hold your recipe books, in the office to hang up brochures, or on your kids’ bedroom doors as a reminder to do their homework: this foldable and portable magazine rack will keep your books and magazines organised in the most stylish way. €67.90 Oitenta via www.crowdyhouse.com
3. Basic baskets Storage solutions have had an upgrade in recent years, becoming a whole unique category of design. These baskets from HAY allow you to store books, toys and chargers in style. Basket (medium) €45 HAY via www.idstorehaarlem.nl
5. Bookish Decadence comes in many forms, one of them being this magnificent bookcase from KOKET. The two ornate metal semi-circles are joined in a glamorous union by sleek glass shelves, while the backless design allows for the perfect canvas to store your simple pleasures. Price on request www.bykoket.com 8 | Issue 49 | January 2018
4. Three-ring circus Life is definitely better with an organised jewellery box. These cones from Dutch budget brand HEMA will make sure you never lose your most precious diamonds again. €2.25 www.hema.be
Promoting Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxembourg.