9 Signs that Say Keep Your Guard Up
There is no escaping the onslaught of scam that happens in our daily lives. They are everywhere. Whether online, offline, in your home or on the streets, it seems that there is no escaping it. The only way you can keep yourself protected from these evildoing is to keep yourself aware and informed. Educate yourself on the new scams that are circulating on the internet. Scammers are particularly innovative and will always come up with new ways to keep you off guard. The important thing is you know the basic ways scammers operate so that you may guard yourself accordingly. Here are some identifiable signs of fraudulent companies: 1) You are offered a prize by a company but in order to redeem it, you must travel abroad at your own cost to avail of it.
2) If the company that claims to have a special prize or discounted fare for you operates with a yahoo, hotmail, Gmail or other free email account, beware. A legitimate company should be able to afford the cost of a domain and a company email account.
3) A website that claims you have won in a lottery, or is offering you a prize or similar, has been listed on the internet as a scam.
4) Any website that notifies through an email that you won a lottery should not be taken seriously. No legit lottery website informs their winners through email.
5) You may want to take a look at the text. Anything that smells of scam will be sure to play up the good stuff, it will also be full of hyperboles and sweeping statements about the “prize” you have won. It will however contain very little information about your obligations and the prize mechanics.
6) You get a notification that you have won a lottery or a prize but you cannot recall having joined any.
7) The company will ask that you deposit an amount of money by way of processing or administering fees before you can claim your prize.
8) The name of the company is not searchable anywhere on Google and has no website.
9) The company asks you to disclose your personal information such as your credit card number, driver’s license, passport number or other pertinent information.
By keeping yourself on the lookout for these telltale signs, you will be able to avoid being scammed by these companies. You can also help the fight against fraud by reporting any suspicious companies to the authorities.
“If you are a victim of fraudulent activities and or scams sue these people for your own protection. Make sure to get the best lawyers in your locality.”
By keeping yourself on the lookout for these telltale signs, you will be able to avoid being scammed by these companies. You can also help t...