Issuu on Google+

Supporting Documents that must be Submitted to Request Deferred Action I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, is the USCIS form that must be filed in order to request deferred action. Along with an application to request deferred action, you must also file an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765 and Form I-765WS, Form I-765 Worksheet. The USCIS forms that you file to request deferred action must accompany certain civil documents, in order to prove that you are eligible. Required Civil Documents • It is mandatory to prove that you are not below age 15 and not above 30 years of age at the time of filing Form I-821D. To prove your age and your identity, you may send copies of your passport, birth certificate, government issued immigration document with your photograph or other relevant school or military photo identification documents. • Form I-94, your passport with admission stamp, medical records or an immigration document may be provided as a proof that you were brought to the United States before you completed 16 years of age. • If you were in the United States in some lawful immigration status and if that status has expired as of June 15, 2012, you may be required to submit copies of Form I-94, to show that your authorized stay has expired. If you were issued a final removal order, you may submit copies of that order. • To request deferred action, you must prove that you had not left the United States and that you had resided in the United States starting from 15th June, 2007 to 15th June, 2012. To prove that, you may provide copies of your school, military, employment or office records such as school report cards, Form DD-214, etc. Similarly, you may submit copies of rent or money order receipts, passport entries, bank transaction records, etc, to show that you satisfy the continuous residence requirement and to prove that you did not travel outside that United States on 15th June 2012. • Students, high school graduates and discharged veterans are eligible to request deferred action and hence it is mandatory to prove your status by submitting verifiable documents. To prove that you are a student or a high school graduate, you may provide copies of written records from your school, your high school certificate or your GED certificate. • Being an honorably discharged veteran, you may submit copies of your military records, NGB Form 22 or Form DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty. USCIS may not accept affidavits to consider you for deferred action, as affidavits may not be sufficient to prove that you meet the key criteria to receive deferred action. Affidavits may be considered in certain circumstances, if the supporting documentation that you have is insufficient to prove that you meet the continuous residence requirement. If you submit an affidavit, make sure that you submit at least two affidavits and that it is affirmed by someone else other than yourself, who is well aware of the circumstances. If the USCIS considers that the supporting documents and the affidavits that you submit are insufficient, you may be required to provide additional documentation, to establish that you are eligible to receive deferred action.

Supporting Documents that must be Submitted to Request Deferred Action