Reasons to hire the services of staffing agencies If you are wondering why you would use a staffing agency for temporary or permanent recruiting needs, there are many reasons in what way you can benefit from them. The top five list addresses the most beneficial reasons Liability, Cost, Flexibility, Expertise & Time.
1. Liability: When a company engages the services and/or employee of a staffing firm, the employee isn’t directly under the payrolls of the company. Therefore, it has no liability for workers comp, professional/general liability, payroll taxes and unemployment claims.
2. Cost: Though the company is likely to pay a service fee or hourly mark up to a staffing/recruiting firm, you need to keep in mind that the agency is paying all of the workers compensation, professional/general liability insurance, and state and federal payroll taxes. And they make profit from the left over amount between the pay rate and client bill rate. So the company is saved from the above mentioned costs.
3. Flexibility: When a company needs a temporary employee or frankly any employee, there is a lot of time and expenses incurred to find the qualified and best candidate for the job. And when the need is only for a few weeks or months, it isn’t economically viable to recruit to have someone inhouse when the same can be outsourced to an agency that specializes in the kind of position and therefore already has the recruitment advertising dollars spent and qualified candidates lined up. Thus the company is able to use the agency's employee as much or little as you need and can discontinue their assignment once the work is completed satisfactorily.
4. Expertise: There are staffing agencies and recruiters that specialize in any industry or position that anyone requires. By being aligned with an agency or recruiter that has a specialty for the kind of position that you have in mind, chances of getting the exact talent pool immediately are more, with the chances of getting the best too increasing. The time a specialized agency or recruiter will take to fill your position will also be significantly less since they only work with candidates with specific skills sets.
5. Time: Time is what all of us are in need of always. Recruiting, screening and hiring a candidate whether temporary or long term takes a significant amount of money and personal time. In a larger company it is easier to handle temporary or permanent staffing needs because employees have more specialized roles such as the hiring manager or recruiter. Whereas small to medium sized businesses benefit the most from engaging the services of a staffing agency, since they are in need of employees periodically and may not have the bandwidth to add another task to their daily activities, especially a significant one such as recruiting & hiring.
If you are wondering why you would use a staffing agency for temporary or permanent recruiting needs, there are many reasons in what way you...