Page 1

ST NEOTS TOWN Hungerford Town ISSUE 20: THE OFFICIAL MATCHDAY MAGAZINE £1.50 The Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division

Recruitment and Development Partners

St Neots Town FC Scholarship Programme in Partnership With St Neots Learning and Sports Academy open to all post 16 year old boys Scholarship programme based at St Neots Town FC

Trial Dates: Wednesday 17th Feb 2016 Registration 10.30am for 11.00am Start Venue St Neots Town FC NB: Trials will be held on the 3G astro Educational options: Btec Level 2 , Btec Level 3 Extended National Diploma, A Levels English and Maths GCSE Re-sits available

To register your interest email or call Iain on 07970851511

WELCOME An Outstanding Display of Football Good afternoon everyone and welcome back to the Premier Plus Stadium, home of St Neots Town Football Club and the Mick George Academy for today’s Evostik League Southern Premier Division game. Today we welcome the players, officials and supporters of Hungerford Town Football Club and we hope you have an enjoyable stay with us here in Cambridgeshire for what will be their second visit this season after winning here in the FA Trophy Second Round Qualifying last November by two goals to one. Well, since we last played here when we were convincingly beaten by high flying Chippenham Town, performances have improved tenfold with us trying to play a style of football which has been synonymous with the Club over the past few years but we weren’t getting the rub of the green and results were still proving somewhat elusive. However, after a narrow defeat at Stratford Town, where we deserved at least a share points, we headed off to Cirencester Town, who had returned home with the three points in the reverse fixture last October. This time there was to be a happy ending though as we blew away the hosts with an outstanding display of football on a heavy pitch and finally our endeavours were to be rewarded with three very important points as we ran out winners by five goals

GEORGE CASEY to two. Really pleased for Andy Davies who has stepped into the breach to look after the team in the short term and his positivity and beliefs have really been taken on by the lads so long may this and the results continue.

Ives Town and two lads joining us on loan from Stevenage FC - goalkeeper Ben Jackson and right back / midfielder George Casey (pictured) so please join me in welcoming all of our new additions and wishing them a successful stay with us.

There have been a number of comings and goings over the past couple of weeks with Shane Blackett and Ben Jones leaving us with best wishes for their respective futures and thanks for all they have done for us whilst here and we have seen Peter Clark return from St

Ok then, back to today’s game and please do get behind the team and hopefully, come full time, we collectively will have done enough for another three points. PUMP UP THE VOLUME Mike Green


HUNGERFORD TOWN Founded: 1886 Nickname: The Crusaders Chairman: Steve Skipworth Website: Our two sides have been finely balanced in the league with our last three meetings all ending in draws. At the time these notes were written Hungerford occupied seventh place in the league table (one place and one point shy of the play off positions with 45 points from twenty seven matches) but they will have completed two further fixtures in the past seven days both at home to Kettering and Stratford. Hungerford have several times been close to a Wembley date because they were no less than three times beaten semi-finalists in the FA Vase – in 1977/78, 1979/80 and again in 1988/89. However they did suffer a recent disappointing cup defeat losing at home to lower graded Winchester City in the third round of the Red Insure Cup. Club History Hungerford Town Football Club has come a long way since its formation in 1886.The club first played on Hungerford Marsh field but soon moved to the present ground at Bulpit Lane. Initially playing at Intermediate level (Newbury & District League and also the Swindon & District League), Senior status was consolidated in the ranks of the Hellenic League in 1958 and in 1961 the club won the Hellenic League Benevolent Cup. After a period of team rebuilding in the 1960’s Hungerford won the Division 1 League and Cup double in the 1970/71 season. The 1978/79 season, Hungerford’s first season in the Isthmian League, ended with a twelfth place finish in Division 2 and another Berks & Bucks Senior Cup final visit (the third in 4 years - this time it was

the mighty Wycombe Wanderers who narrowly won after a replay). In the next two seasons the club narrowly missed out on promotion finishing in 3rd place each time, though some consolation was gained in 1981 when Hungerford Town was invited to compete in the Anglo Italian Semi-Pro tournament.1988/89 saw a return to prominence under joint managers Gary Goodwin and David Dodds who guided the club to sixth place in the table and a third FA Vase Semi Final appearance. This time it was Sudbury Town who denied Hungerford its much deserved trip to Wembley.1996/97 brought the club its highest finish for several seasons and a Quarter Final Associate Members Cup appearance though in the following year the club narrowly escaped relegation again. The following year former Swindon Town player Don Rogers was appointed as manager and although the club reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup, the league form was disappointing Rogers resigned just after the start of the 1999/2000 season. Despite achieving a respectable fifth place finish in the league on top of a great FA Cup run into the third qualifying round, the decision was taken, for the long term benefits to the club, to rejoin the Hellenic League for the 2003/04 season, they finished the season in a creditable sixth place and winning the Hungerford Cup defeating AFC Newbury 2-0. With the pieces in place, the 2006/2007 season began with high expectations and a marvellous F.A. Cup run to the 4th qualifying round, which included victories against Weston Super Mare (Conference South)

and Bashley (Southern League South champions) before a 0-3 defeat against Conference league side Weymouth. The 2007/2008 season began with high hopes for success in the league and with some great league and cup performances, they entered March still chasing trophies on three fronts. Unfortunately a home defeat in the FA Vase quarter final against Whitley Bay proved costly. Consolation was once again achieved by retaining the Challenge Cup by beating Almondsbury Town 2-1. The 2008/2009 season began with the election of a new chairman, Nigel Warrick a local businessman who stated he wanted to improve the club both on and off the pitch. He immediately set about a refurbishment program for the club including both bars. On the pitch despite a sticky start in the league and a disappointing early exit in the FA Cup, the club went on a 22 match unbeaten run which earned the Hellenic League championship on goal difference and promotion to the Southern League. 2009/2010 saw the team promoted to the Zamaretto League Division One South & West and after an early spell where the team was challenging for a playoff spot, the second part of the season was not so good and the team ended in the bottom third of the league. 2012/13 saw the team promoted to the Premier Division after finishing runners-up to Poole Town in Division One South & West before going on to defeat Paulton Rovers and Merthyr Town in the plays offs.

Back row: Jamie Leacock, Lea Barkus, James Pilling, Jon Munday, Matt Day, Jon Boardman, Paul Strudley, Mark Draycott, Harry Goodger, Charlie Mpi, James Clark, Scott Rees, Elise Gilbert, Ian Hobbs. Front row: Diak John, Matt Collins, Dean Stow, Lee Smith, Nigel Warrick, Bobby Wilkinson, Gary Horgan, James Rusby, Alan O’Brien, Brendan Norris.


A brief round up of the recent results from the teams that matter Premier Division 30 January 2016 With Poole Town’s game at Redditch United a casualty of the weather, Chippenham Town took full advantage to take over top spot when, having been two up five minutes into the second half, they scored twice in the closing ten minutes to secure a 4-1 home victory against Kings Lynn Town and Dunstable Town recovered from going behind in the opening five minutes to lead at half time before completing a 3-1 home win over Cambridge City to move into third, replacing Weymouth who, after trailing three down just after the hour, struck twice in the final twentyfive minutes but went down 3-2 at second from bottom Bedworth United while Hungerford Town, leading at half time, converted a penalty in the second half, six minutes after conceding an equaliser, to move into sixth place with a 2-1 home victory over Kettering Town. Hitchin Town, a goal ahead on the stroke of half time, conceded two goals in three minutes midway through the second half to slip to their third consecutive

defeat with a 2-1 reverse at third from bottom Paulton Rovers but Dorchester Town, ahead after just three minutes but pegged back seven minutes later, struck soon after the hour mark to secure a 2-1 home win over Chesham United and Leamington scored twice in the second half to win 2-0 at home against Frome Town while Biggleswade Town, behind in the second minute, conceded two more after the break to lose 3-0 at home to Merthyr Town. Stratford Town struck twice in the opening twenty minutes to wrap up a 2-0 win at Histon while St Neots Town, three up at the interval, inflicted a 5-2 home defeat on Cirencester Town. Bideford’s home match against Slough Town and the top of the table clash between fourth placed Redditch United and leaders Poole Town were both called off because of waterlogged pitches. Division One Central 30 January 2016 AFC Rushden & Diamonds, behind after just five minutes, conceded an own goal early in the second

half which set them up for a crushing 4-0 defeat at Beaconsfield SYCOB but held on to top place when second in the table Chalfont St Peter, behind after thirteen minutes, slipped to a 3-0 home defeat at the hands of Northwood while Kings Langley, a goal ahead at the break, took advantage of other games being postponed to move into fourth place with a 2-1 victory at Ware. Arlesey Town converted a penalty two minutes from time to snatch a 1-1 home draw with Uxbridge who had equalised seven minutes into the second half while Fleet Town scored with fifteen minutes remaining to secure a 1-0 win at second from bottom Aylesbury United. The matches at Egham Town, against Bedford Town, Godalming Town, against Aylesbury, bottom of the table North Greenford United, against Barton Rovers, Petersfield Town, against Hanwell Town, Royston Town, against third from bottom Leighton Town, and third in the table St Ives Town, against Potters Bar Town, were all called off because of waterlogged pitches.

UCL Premier Division 20th February 2010 St Neots 5

Holbeach 0

St Neots continued their impressive run of form with their fourth consecutive league victory since the turn of the year taking their goals tally to fifteen in those victories. Another bumper crowd well in excess of 300 witnessed this latest victory which racked up St Neots’ seventh league double of the season. Once again the performance highlighted the amazing work rate of the St Neots midfield and the effective finishing of the strikers with all four of the attacking players on the score sheet. A recurrent injury to Adam Jones saw St Neots starlet Jordan Gent on as a substitute after his International debut for the England Colleges XI against Australia. St Neots began the match with the same line up that had thrashed Sleaford 4-0 in their last match but the lay off of fourteen days saw St Neots begin very slowly against a Holbeach side that were positive from the first whistle. An early rising shot by Craig Parker made Luke McShane move smartly to his left to push the ball away and then Liam Nimmo shot wide after St Neots seemed to be caught square at the back. St Neots replied with Liam Harrold heading wide, Tony

Scully shooting into the side netting and Dan Jacobs bringing a save with a clever chip after good work by Lewis Webb. After 19 minutes Holbeach should have gone ahead after a woefully short back pass by Adam Jones had left his keeper stranded but rather than shoot himself Nimmo chose to set up Alex Beck and he screwed his shot wide of an empty net from just eight yards. This let off seemed to galvanise St Neots and Jacobs had a shot cleared off the line by Lewis Brooks with his keeper beaten. Then after 24 minutes Rob Hughes won the ball in midfield and slotted a beautifully weighted pass forward for Tony Scully to run on and score with a low shot. Visiting keeper James Doughty then began to deny the St Neots forwards to keep his side in the match with important saves from Jacobs and Rob Hughes but after 28 minutes he was helpless as the dynamic Webb set up Dan French for a neat volley to double the lead. Webb almost joined the scorers list but another Doughty save denied him and two minutes before half time the contest was effectively won when ‘goal a game’ Dan Jacobs kept up his record pouncing on a mistake by Jon Fairweather to score St Neots third goal. Just before the

break Jones limped off to be replaced by Jordan Gent. St Neots began the second half where they had finished the first with Jacobs bringing another fine save from Doughty and a Hughes free kick found the head of the unmarked Liam Harrold but his glanced effort was wide. Holbeach were far from finished despite their arrears and Beck almost pulled a goal back but was denied by a Gent goal line clearance. At the other end Jacobs glided past his marker but shot into the side netting and then Harrold netted but was ruled offside. He then had a narrow angled headed tipped onto the cross bar by Doughty but he was not to be denied and in the next attack after 71 minutes he rose majestically at the far post to head home a Hughes corner and take his goals tally for the season to sixteen. St Neots had sent on Shane Wyllie their latest signing for Dan French but their second substitution was even more significant because with his first touch of the ball James Peagram replacing Liam Harrold sent Dan Jacobs clear of the defence to run on to claim his second goal of the match and complete St Neots biggest home league victory since October 2004.

ST NEOTS TOWN 0 CHIPPENHAM TOWN 4 Southern League Premier Division / 16.01.2016 / Attendance: 272 / Referee: Nicholas Cooper (Ipswich)

Things got progressively worse for St Neots as first the week and then the match wore on. Two days prior to the match Manager David Batch announced the resignation of his management team after only just over a year in charge leaving recently appointed Club Director of Football Iain Parr, to stand in to manage the side - for the third time in the last decade. He then got news from the treatment room that Ryan Hawkins and Remy Gordon had joined the injury list but he did have the bonus of two new signings – Josh Dawkin from Cambridge City and Matthew Smyth – a loanee from Stevenage. Hosting free scoring, second in the table Chippenham could hardly have been a more daunting prospect for the caretaker Manager but then skipper and centrehalf Ryan Frater limped off with a hamstring injury after just 23 minutes and his replacement, Matt Mitchel-King then left the field with double vision ten minutes from time leaving St Neots with ten men having previously utilized all of their permitted substitutes. In addition, both second half goals that doubled the tally against his side were both own goals scored by increasingly desperate defenders. So it is now eleven matches without a win and a nagging worry that a relegation battle looms in the last three months of the season. Where has it all gone wrong? – a question at the top of the to-do list that will occupy the priority of the new Manager expected to be

named in the next week or so. Although this was a better team performance than of late St Neots, were outclassed by their visitors and the need for more skill and energy in midfield shone out as a priority because the front runners had very poor service and the visiting keeper a very comfortable afternoon. From the start the visitors bossed proceedings. Andy Sandell headed over when well placed and Alex Ferguson left his marker for dead only to see his cross blocked and it took only 15 minutes for Chippenham to take the lead. After several attacks repelled by the St Neots defence the ball ran loose out of the penalty area and Matt Smith netted with a low shot that seemed to catch Andy Wilton unsighted. Smith then brought a good stop from Wilton that he could not hold and Alan Griffin squandered an easy chance to increase the lead firing high over the bar. After just 23 minutes there had to be a major reshuffle as skipper Ryan Frater limped off leaving Matt Michel-King to move to central defence and Lee Clarke into midfield with teenage striker Chris Lewis coming on to partner Tom Meechan. St Neots best first half chance came after 33 minutes when Meechan beat two players on the right to cross to the head of Clarke and visiting keeper Kent Kauppinen produced a fine reflex save to push the ball away.

After 41minutes Sandell saw a close range header blocked by Wilton but he only had to wait three more minutes to get his name on the score sheet. He was impeded by Mitchel-King in the area and he confidently tucked away the resultant penalty kick to double the visitors’ lead. Griffin wasted a golden opportunity to extend the lead two minutes after the break heading wide from a James Guthrie cross but six minutes later he crossed from the left only to see St Neots debutant full back Ben Burton turn the ball into his own net. Energetic youngster Robbie Sweeney, easily the most impressive St Neots player cleared off the line from Mark Preece following a Michael Pook corner and after 63 minutes St Neots made a bold move sending on 17 years old Claudio Ofosu for Josh Dawkin, who had not really settled on his debut. Ofosu looked lively and was unlucky not to be awarded a penalty after 74 minutes when Kauppinen appeared to pull him down but only a corner was awarded. Chippenham continued to bombard the St Neots goal and Wilton made two excellent saves from Ferguson and Sandell but when Mitchel-King went off St Neots could only await the final whistle for some relief however the visitors extended their lead in stoppage time when the unfortunate Tann diverted the ball into his own net.

St Neots Town Wilton, Anton, Burton, Tann, Frater, Smyth, Dawkin, Mitchel-King, Meechan, Clarke, Sweeney Subs: Lewis (C) (for Frater 23), Ofosu (for Dawkin 63), Jones (B) (for Meechan 78), Hobbs and Vieira.

ST NEOTS TOWN 1 ST IVES TOWN 2 Huntingdonshire Senior Cup Semi-Final / Attendance: 205 / Referee: Neil Hair (Peterborough)

It is the St Ives Saints who will progress to this year’s Huntingdonshire Senior Cup Final after a generally uninspiring match at St Neots. Ironically both the St Ives goals came from two former St Neots players and the final score was a reversal of that recorded on the same ground last October in the first round of the Red Insure Cup. St Neots’ team changes saw several inexperienced youngsters in the starting line-up and the highlight for the struggling home side who have now gone ten games without a win was an injury time consolation goal from sixteen years old debutant Dan Lewis. It is a long time since St Neots have started a match in the Senior Cup as second favorites but St Ives fresh from their away league victory over the leaders on Saturday looked the likely winners throughout the match and deserved their progress. With the St Neots Management team away on business it was recently appointed Director of Football Iain Parr who was in charge of the home side. The opening phase of the match was a fairly dour struggle as the sides appeared to pay too much respect to the other. St Neots made the better start but the only early attempt on goal after 12 minutes was a Peter Clark shot for the visitors that sailed over the bar. Claudio Ofosu

shot wide at the other end after good work by Ryan Hawkins but the game came to life after 28 minutes when Peter Clark picked up the ball 20 yards inside his own half and was allowed to run unchallenged to within 25 yards of target where he unleashed an unstoppable shot across St Neots keeper Ollie Sutton for the opening goal. Andrew Phillips had the best chance to increase the visitors’ lead four minutes later when he volleyed across goal with better options available and another surging run by Clark at the St Neots defence was halted when he was bundled off the ball by St Neots skipper Ryan Frater who was booked. St Neots began the second half brightly and Tom Meechan fired over the bar before he was brought down by Scott Sinclair who was booked. A Ryan Hawkins free kick tested Tim Trebes and the keeper then had to rush from his line to save at the feet of Ofosu who had beaten a thinly disguised offside trap. After 57 minutes St Neots introduced 16 years old substitute Erhan Nurettin one of their scholarship and he quickly settled in a midfield role looking a comfortable replacement for Ben Jones.

St Ives then broke away for Stuart Eason to see a close range effort rebound from the crossbar just before he limped off to be replaced by Luke Knight. The match had now opened up as a contest with play end to end and defender Dan Moyes could have extended St Ives lead from a free header at a corner but the ball sailed over the bar. Jordan Jarrold was St Ives saviour as he deflected a Meechan effort off the line and St Ives then introduced their two final substitutes to push on to settle the match. However St Neots finished the stronger but created little of significance and in a St Ives breakaway attack Ben Seymour-Shove showed electric pace to outrun the defence and force Sutton into a fine save at the foot of a goalpost. With five minutes left St Ives clinched victory as Luke Knight rose above the defence to head home a Jack Higgs corner but there was still time for another sixteen years old debutant late entrant to the fray as Dan Lewis fired home from 30 yards a minute into stoppage time to register his first senior goal for St Neots and claim some late limp consolation for the host side.

St Neots Town Sutton, Anton, Sweeney, Clarke, Frater, Blackett, Hawkins, Jones, Meechan, Ofosu, Vieira Subs: Nurettin (for Jones 69), Lewis (D) (for Vieira 80), Tann, Mailancol and Wilton Cards: Frater (34 mins) Goals: Lewis (D) (90+1)

Soccer Zone & Minecra FIFA Soccer Zone Experience


Play against your friends in our FIFA16 Soccer Zone


Minecraft Zone Experience

Build, build, build with your friends in our Minecraft Party Zone



Holiday clubs run during school half terms ÂŁ25 per child per day


Both Party Zones are available to hire for kids and adult parties


Please note, we are limited to 30

To Reserve your place, complete this fo St Neots Learning a St Neots Town FC | Kester Way

St Neots Learning and Registered office: Ducklands Cottage, Gra Company Num


aft Zone - Holiday Clubs

Typical Day Agenda:

08:45 - 09:00

Drop off at St Neots Town FC - Rowley Park

09:00 - 11:30

Minecraft Zone or FIFA Soccer Zone experience

11:30 - 12:30

Lunch (Please bring a packed lunch)

12:30 - 15:30

Minecraft Zone or FIFA Soccer Zone experience

15:30 - 16:00

Parent Pick up

0 Children per day so book early

orm and post together with payment to: and Sports Academy y | St Neots | Cambs | PE19 6SN

d Sports Academy Ltd ays Lane, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 2HR mber: 09779956



CHAIRMANS’ VIEWS First and foremost I’d like to welcome Hungerford FC to Rowley Park. ’The last three weeks have been pretty busy as you can imagine, lots of phone calls, lots of emails, lots of conversations but on the whole I think I’ve just about nailed down the off side rule. Our Recruitment and Development Partnership with Stevenage FC has been brought forward half a season and already we’ve had fantastic support from Darren, Sarll (assistant first team manager) and from Ian Morris (head of Academy recruitment) which has been much appreciated. Before anyone asks no it’s not another Norwich City FC partnership, that one was put together by a league club who wanted to use Rowley Park as an academy hub, promised much and delivered nothing. Naive? most definitely however as I’ve mentioned before we will continue to make the odd mistake, the important thing being not to make the same mistakes twice. Stevenage is a whole new beast and time will tell as to what this partnership actually means long term and how it will continue to develop however if the support we have had over the last four weeks is an indicator we’ll be alright. The Scholarship programme

has now been expanded. This has been done for two reasons, firstly it allows us to recruit an elite squad in partnership with Stevenage (they are recruiting one our behalf as well) which will give us a core of young talent that as a group should be affecting the first team within two years. This will run alongside our current programme which has mixed talent levels and secondly to allow us to launch a Girls scholarship programme which is something we have been wanting to do for a few years but never had the complete package available to us to do so.

remember was a year after he was relieved of his duties as first team coach. What he brings to the club doesn’t go unnoticed and he is an absolute asset. He was the first to offer help when Batch stepped down not because he wanted to (because his relationship with supporters hasn’t always been, shall we say, positive) but because he felt it was only right to do so.

This is an exciting time to be a 16 year old football with talent boy or girl. We are continuing to interview for the first team managers job and, at the time of writing, we have yet to find someone that ticks all of our boxes or that we tick all theirs. I’ll be slightly miffed if we end up in the same boat next January as we have done the last two years so I’d like to think we are going about it the right way. Time will tell. Big thank you to Iain Parr (opposite right) and in particular Andy Davies. Andy is one of the best coaches around, the players love him and love the way he coaches. It’s testament to his quality that he was the first port of call when we launched the scholarship programme and was first choice for our Academy manager. This

I’d like to thank Dave, Steve and Darren for all the time and energy that went into the last 13 months and wish them all the very best. Right let’s get back to the game today...........Can we play Rush goalie? Lee

Recruitment and Development Partners

St Neots Town Ladies FC Elite Scholarship programme in Partnership With Stevenage Ladies FC open to all post 16 year old Girls Scholarship programme based at St Neots Town FC

Trial Dates: Wednesday 17th Feb 2016 Registration 6.30pm for 7.00pm Start Venue St Neots Town FC NB: Trials will be held on the 3G astro To register your interest email or call Iain on 07970851511 Educational options: Btec Level 2 , Btec Level 3 Extended National Diploma, A Levels English and Maths GCSE Re-sits available

Recruitment and Development Partners

St Neots Town FC Elite Scholarship Programme in Partnership With Stevenage FC

open to all post 16 year old boys Scholarship programme based at St Neots Town FC in Partnership with Stevenage FC

Trial Dates: Wednesday 17th Feb 2016 Registration 10.30am for 11.00am Start Venue St Neots Town FC NB: Trials will be held on the 3G astro Educational options: Btec Level 2 , Btec Level 3 Extended National Diploma, A Levels English and Maths GCSE Re-sits available

To register your interest email or call Iain on 07970851511

Gregory Suite Suitable For Wedding venues / receptions & evening party's Conference and business meeting facilities Party Celebrations young and old Large funeral wakes (free room Hire) Event hire Trade & Craft Fares etc Fitness classes Music events Presentation events Stage productions Baby Classes Details Private and separate from the football - holds up to 250 people(120 seated) A large impressive bar serving a vast range of beers, ciders, wines & soft drinks We cater for all food requirements including Buffet menu's, Sit down Meals, Hog Roasts, Barbeques, Traditional Fish and Chips Stage area for bands, disco, and productions A large roomy dance floor perfect for any wedding reception Comfy dining furniture configured to suit requirements This party venue can be dressed / decorated to suit the celebration Friendly and experienced St Neots staff Door staff if required Plenty of parking Very adaptable... How Much Gregory Function Suite Day Hire Hourly rate - £30 Evening Parties £350 Day/Evening Weddings £500 Food and beverage POA All our facilities are wheel chair accessible. We do have a large projector in the Gregory Suite that can be used for corporate events Call 01480 470012 or email

Reedmans Suite

Suitable For Smaller Wedding venues / receptions & evening party's Smaller Conference and business meeting facilities Party Celebrations young and old funeral wakes (free room Hire) Event hire Trade & Craft Fares etc Fitness classes Music events Presentation events Baby Classes Details Private and separate from the football - holds up to 80 people A modern bar serving a vast range of beers, ciders, wines & soft drinks We cater for all food requirements including Buffet menu's, Sit down Meals, Hog Roasts, Barbeques, Traditional Fish and Chips Disco area Small dance floor perfect for any party or small wedding reception Comfy dining furniture configured to suit requirements This party venue can be dressed / decorated to suit the celebration Friendly and experienced St Neots staff Door staff if required Plenty of parking Very adaptable... How Much Reedmans Function Suite Day Hire Hourly rate - ÂŁ25 Evening Parties ÂŁ150 Day/Evening Weddings POA Food and beverage POA All our facilities are wheel chair accessible. We do have a two large TV's and remote projector in the Reedmans Suite that can be used for corporate events Call 01480 470012 or email

Harry Redknapp joins board at Wimborne Town after takeover A CONSORTIUM led by exchairperson Paula Henley has taken over Wimborne Town – with former Tottenham and QPR boss Harry Redknapp set to join the new board of directors. The Evo-Stik League Southern Division One South & West club had been searching for new investors and Henley has returned to take control of the Magpies. And she has drafted in the experienced manager, who has also bossed Bournemouth, West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton, in what will be seen as a big coup for the club. After leaving her role at Wimborne last February, Henley went on to manage Moordown U8s with Redknapp’s grandson Bobbie playing in the side. Henley used the opportunity to get in touch with Redknapp, already a club patron at Wimborne, who will join the new board of directors at Cuthbury alongside former chairman Paul Miller. A club statement read: “Over the past few months the board of Wimborne Town FC have been looking for someone who is prepared to invest in the club.

“We are pleased to announce today that agreement has been reached with a consortium led by ex-chairperson Paula Henley to take over the running of Wimborne Town. Paula has been invited to re-join the board as chairperson with immediate effect and she has accepted. “The current board will be offering to stand down immediately but, for ease of transition to the new management, will continue to fulfil their roles for as long as Paula wishes. We feel that we have taken Wimborne Town as far as we can.

“We have always said that we would be prepared, in the best interests of the club, to stand aside if someone else wanted to take on the challenge of continuing to keep Wimborne Town one of the premier NonLeague clubs in the area. We give Paula and her consortium our best wishes for taking our great club forward. “Paula has said that one of her first actions will be to organise a supporters’ forum to explain her thoughts for the club in more detail.” Follow us on twitter: @NonLeaguePaper


1 1 9

25 1 27 20 2 5 3 1 3 17 15 18 13








6 5 1 2 5 1 4 1 7 3

1 4 6 1

12 1

1 1 4 1 1 4 2 2 5 1

8 3 5




1 6 1


8 7 4 1


1 4 1

1 22 4

2 5 10 5


2 2

7 6 5 1


4 1 8 4 8 5 3


1 1 1







2 4 1


1 1

1 1

1 4


3 1 1

3 1 4

1 2 4 1

1 2 2

34 2 1 1 9 3 1 1 19 0 0 1 1 1 9 0 2 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 22 5 1 6 3 0 0 1 11 0 0 1 26 3 3 5 9 0 0 0 8 2 2 2 22 0 0 4 33 1 0 9 0 7 12 1 5 6 2 1 1 0 0 0 10 1 0 0 0 3 0 1 0 5 0 0 27 2 1 0 6 5 15 1 37 0 0 25 25 1 0 5 0 1 1 0 4 11 5 1 7 3 1 1 3 0 0 0 5 0 10 0 4 1 0 0 25 5 7 1 4 10 7 2 23 1 1 3 23 0 4 0 16 0 1 0

Details correct up to and including Saturday 30th January









1 1


1 1


2 1



26 6 14 1 2 2 18 3 10 20 8 8 14 26


Anton Jamie Beech Josh Blackett Shane Burton Ben Casey George (L) Clark Peter Clarke Lee Dawkin Josh Frater Ryan Galliford Isaac (L) Gay Danny Gordon Remy Hall Connor Hawkins Ryan Hobbs Dan Horne Ryan (L) Jackson Ben (L) Jones Ben Lewis Dan Lewis CJ Longden Brett Mailancol Guy Meechan Tom Mitchel-King Matt Nurettin Erhan Ofosu Claudio Roberts Drew Smyth Matthew (L) Sutton Ollie Sweeney Robbie (L) Tann Adam Vieira Luis Ward Tom Wilton Andy Wilkinson Jack






ST NEOTS TOWN FIRST TEAM PLAYER STATS 2015/16 St Neots Town First Team Player Stats 2015/16


4 3 1



1 5



3 8

1 1


1 5 1 4 1 2


READ ALL ABOUT IT We take a look at what other non-league clubs are doing that’s making the news this week. LEAGUE NEWS Bostik extend Evo-stik Southern Sponsorship for further year Leading adhesives and sealants provider Bostik has extended its sponsorship of The Southern Football League until at least the end of the 2016/17 season, furthering its support of grassroots football through its well-known brand, EVO-STIK. The deal means the League will continue to be known as The EVO-STIK League Southern for the remainder of the 2015/2016 season and into 2017, with an option for a fourth successive term. Commenting on the deal, Dale Poulton, Commercial Director of Bostik UK said: “We have a long-standing relationship with this tier of football, which includes our sponsorship of The Northern Premier League. The brand synergy is perfect and this agreement provides extensive exposure through the media, marketing campaigns and advertising in all stadia, programmes and on club websites. It’s the ideal platform to generate awareness for EVOSTIK as the premium brand of adhesives and sealants.” CAMBRIDGE CITY James Hall signs for City James arrives at City midway through a highly successful campaign for Godmanchester where he has netted over 20 goals for the Thurlow Nunn

Premier Division outfit. The new arrival for City previously played for St Ives but was released last summer due to a change in his work commitments.

been achieved without Kettering Town and Derek Dougan. The very first deal of its kind netted Kettering Town a princely ‘four figure sum’ ........ but paved the way for clubs to earn millions.


In January 1976, Derek Dougan, the ‘Doog’, had retired from professional football and took on the role of CEO of Kettering Town Football Club. In one of his first major acts in the role, on the 24th January, Kettering Town Football Club became the first club in the UK to have a sponsor on the front of their shirts. At home to Bath City, it was just before 3pm when the players ran onto the pitch with ‘Kettering Tyres’ blazoned across their shirts and history was in the making.

Pioneering Poppies celebrate 40 years of Shirt Sponsorships Nowadays it is a common sight to see teams running around with the latest technology company, betting shop, or even a chosen charity name emblazoned across their shirt for all to see. Whether it is Arsenal with Emirates or the local pub team with “Vince the Barber”, every football team up and down the country, from 4 year olds playing 7 a side football in the local playing fields to the heady heights of the Premier League, adorns the name of a sponsor. Everyone knows that other than match day tickets or, for the very lucky few, TV revenue, it is for most clubs the principle revenue earner. What is less known, however, is that without Kettering Town Football Club trailblazing the way, it would never have been possible. This year alone Premier League Football Clubs earned more than £200 million from shirt sponsorship deals. The top ten shirt sponsorship deals in the world account for revenues of over £300 million and this year Manchester City are expected to sign a new improved contract worth more than £80 million per season. None of this could have

The following week after the shirts had been worn again away at Weymouth the FA ordered the removal of the logo. Dougan duly removed four letters, claiming that ‘Kettering T’ stood for Kettering Town. The FA were not impressed and reiterated its order and, with Kettering Town threatened with a £1,000 fine, the logo was removed. The following season both Derby County and Bolton Wanderers, along with Kettering Town, applied for the right to carry sponsorship on their shirts and eventually, in June 1977, the FA conceded but, unfortunately, Kettering Town were unable to attract a sponsor. The rest as they say is history and what a history it has been - since 1976 Shirt Sponsorship has become major business.


Better advice from your local friendly independent financial advisor

Fenice Court, Phoenix Park, Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire PE19 8EP Email: Web:




Experts in Company Branding, Marketing and Website Design


01767 677559

Goalkeepers Andrew Wilton Ollie Sutton Defenders Brett Longden Adam Tann (Captain) Tom Ward Jamie Anton Ryan Frater Midfielders Ryan Hawkins Lee Clarke Mat Mitchel-King Guy Mailamcol Remy Gordon Issac Galliford

Line Up From: Paul Strudley Gary Horgan Diak John Jon Boardman Matt Day (Captain) Rhys Tyler James Rusby Mike Jones Nat Jarvis Stefan Brown James Clark Harry Goodger Ian Herring Mark Draycott Garyn Preen

Forwards Drew Roberts Tom Meechan Luis Viera Claudio Ofosu

Alan O’Brien

Colours Dark Blue Shirts, Shorts & Socks

Colours White Shirts, Shorts & Socks

Scott Rees Dean Stow

The match line up will be displayed on the electronic scoreboard Referee: Jonathon Block Assistant 1: Andrew Waite Assistant 2: Jeffrey Aldous

Next Home Game: Bideford AFC Evostik League Southern Premier Division Tuesday 6th February / KO 19:45

As a Club we support Grass Roots Football and stand firm against racism within football, visit for more information on playing your part.

Profile for St Neots Town Football Club

Issue 20 Hungerford Town  

Issue 20 Hungerford Town  

Profile for saints777