central and south-eastern europe Key Features
• a comprehensive survey, fully revised for 2011, of ALL the countries and territories of this culturally diverse region • vast array of up-to-date statistics, extensive directories and biographical information, complemented by expert analysis of questions of regional significance
• insightful and fully updated analytical articles written by specially selected experts on key regional issues, ranging from The Impact of EU Integration on Social Policy Reform to Bosnia and Herzegovina since Dayton.
‘This is an impressive reference work providing an impartial and invaluable guide to the politics, economy and history of the region.’ – European Access Plus
Detailed Country Surveys There are extensive individual chapters for each country and territory incorporating: • a complete description of physical and social geography • a selection of analytical essays on the economic and historical landscape of each country • extensive and meticulously researched surveys of the latest available statistics on area and population, agriculture, the media, trade and industry and much more • a comprehensive directory of names, addresses and contact details covering key areas such as national and local government, education, finance, tourism etc. August 2010 | 279x211 | 880pp | Hb: 978-1-85743-561-0 | £430.00
new for 20
Central and South-Eastern Europe 2011 includes a series of specially commissioned essays on the history and economy of Kosovo.
central and south-eastern europe Did you know...
… that the Government of Ivan Kostov, elected in May 1997, was the first in the history of post-totalitarian Bulgaria to complete its full mandate of four years?
… that a United Nations Conference on Trade and Development survey published in 2009 ranked Poland among the ten most attractive locations for foreign direct investment in 2007-09?
• a Who’s Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe, containing biographical details on more than 180 of the region’s leading political figures
… that the first university in Central Europe was established in Prague in 1348 by Charles I of Bohemia, who was subsequently crowned Holy Roman Emperor?
• full details of all major international organizations active in the region
These facts and more are all included in Central and South-Eastern Europe 2011, where you can benefit from unrivalled depth of coverage and accuracy of information. No other one-volume publication provides such detailed scope.
• an extensive list of research institutes • select biographies of key books and periodicals.
Road Traffic for Latvia (motor vehicles in use at 31 December) 2006 2007 2008 Passenger cars . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 822,011. . . . . . . 904,869. . . . . . 932,828 Buses and coaches . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10,628. . . . . . . . 10,624. . . . . . . 10,543 Lorries and vans . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 121,120. . . . . . . 129,614. . . . . . 129,805
Europa world online
30 day free
All of the content from Central and South-Eastern Europe 2011 as well as the Europa World Year Book 2010 and other Regional Surveys is available online at the click of a button. Europa World enables you to subscribe to as much online content as you choose and is available 24/7. Visit www.europaworld.com for more information. Libraries and institutions can take advantage of a 30 day free trial.
The Europa Regional Surveys of the World can be purchased as a complete nine-volume set, resulting in savings of 10% on the combined published price. December 2010 | 279x211 | Set ISBN: 978-1-85743-588-7 | £3,645.00
For more information or to order your copy of Central and South-Eastern Europe 2011, please contact us at: email@example.com | Telephone: +44 (0)20 7017 6566 | Fax: +44 (0)20 7017 6699
Published on Sep 8, 2010
Reference: Central and South Eastern Europe UK 2011 Catalogue for the European, Asian, African and Australian Markets from Routledge and the...