CIS 409 Technical Paper Project Planning Group Policy Software Deployments and GPOs, and Active Directory Maintenance and Disaster Recovery PAPER+PRESENTATION Follow the link (blue) to purchase A Grade Solution
http://www.hwmojo.com/products/cis409-technical-paper-project We have all Assignments, Labs, Discussion Questions, Quizzes and Exams for CIS 409. We can also help with other Strayer classes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help. Or vist our website www.hwmojo.com Instant Download
Strayer CIS 409 Technical Paper Project: Planning Group Policy Software Deployments and GPOs, and Active Directory Maintenance and Disaster Recovery Due Week 10 and worth 205 points This assignment contains two (2) sections: PowerPoint Presentation and Written Report. You must submit both sections for the completion of this assignment. Imagine you are the junior network administrator for a technology firm located in Silicon Valley, California. Strong network security is instrumental for this company since much of its intellectual property data travels on its network. Ensuring certain administrators have access to files necessary to perform their duties, even when the network goes down, and limiting their network drive space used to save files are also concerns. You have created GPOs to help secure the company‟s network by configuring policies not only necessary for tightened security but for the other concerns mentioned. Section 1: PowerPoint Presentation Create a six to ten (6-10) slide PowerPoint presentation for the affected users that details the policies you‟ve implemented through GPOs, and to help them understand how these policies will help them. 1. Illustrate how the policies you‟ve implemented helped: a.
Propose a plan to prevent unauthorized access to client computers on
the network and address other security concerns. b.
Provide solutions to the potential issues of users not being able to access shared files if the network goes down.
Create a plan that would limit disk space for “storage hogs”. Section 2: Written Report Write a ten to twelve (10-12) page paper in which you analyze and solve the following issues:
You need to perform new software installations for several hundred network users and this has the potential to take considerable time and dig deeply into the IT budget. Provide an action plan based on Group Policy that:
Leverages efficient installation of software with reducing associated costs using each phase of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Highlights each phase of the SDLC and the associated aspect of Group Policy. 3.
You have a GPO that prevents approximately fifty (50) administrators from accessing a software tool required for them to do their job. Additionally, this software tool needs to be upgraded and its hardware requirements have significantly increased. Some of the administrators‟ computers need to be upgraded before this tool can be installed; however, you need to immediately install the software for the thirty five (35) administrators whose computers meet the software specs. Describe and graphically depict how you can:
Use the Group Policy Management tool to immediately help these employees access the software. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Upgrade to the latest version assuming their computers meet the hardware requirements. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length. d.
Lastly, you need to start documenting a disaster recovery plan for your Windows Server 2008 Active Directory network to prevent the loss of crucial data. 1
Explain at least three (3) maintenance and monitoring procedures you can follow to proactively manage the network before problems occur.
Explain a procedure you would take to restore Active Directory for both a single domain controller and an object or container within Active Directory if disaster strikes.
Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your written assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student‟s name, the professor‟s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
• Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Create security plans for use in the Active Directory environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to describe, configure, and administer Group Policy in the Active Directory environment.
• Create and configure User and Computer environments using Group Policy in the Active Directory environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform software installations using Group Policy.
• Demonstrate the ability to plan an implementation based on a Group Policy Management.
• Describe and plan for Active Directory maintenance, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery activities.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in directory service infrastructure environments.
• Write clearly and concisely about directory service infrastructure topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style