964. Byzantine Lead Seal. Theodore, Metropolitan of Tarsus, 2nd half of the 7th century AD. Bust of St. Paul, AΓ O IO C Π AV ΛO C, TAPC OV / Cross monogram, ΘΕΟΔWPOV MHTPOΠΟΛITOV. Corpus V 2 1537; Zacos I 2965a. 14.88g, 27mm, 6h. 200 965. Byzantine Lead Seal. Theodore, Metropolitan of Tarsus, 2nd half of the 7th century AD. Bust of St. Paul, AΓ O IO C, Π AV ΛO C, TAPC OV / Cross monogram for ΘΕΟΔWPOV MHTPOΠΟΛITOV. Laurent, Corpus V 2 1537; Zacos I 2965A (Fig. To Pl. 227). 15.69g, 24mm, 6h. 200
966. Byzantine Lead Seal. Daniel, Metropolitan of Cyzicus, 9th century AD. Θ (EOTO) KE BOHΘEI, the Virgin, nimbate, standing facing, holding Christ on her left arm / TW CW DOVΛW ΔA NIHΛ MHTP OΠΟΛIT (H) K VZIKOV. Zacos -. 8.80g, 23mm, 6h. 250 967. Byzantine Lead Seal. Joseph, Metropolitan of Caria, 10th-11th century AD. Bust of the winged Archangel Michael three-quarters facing, holding globe and sceptre, M IX O / Cross monogram for IWCH-Φ, in the interstices M (HT) PO ΠO L (ITH) [KA] -RI (AC). Zacos II 536. 6.83g, 21mm, 6h. Rare.
968. Byzantine Lead Seal. Antonios III Stoudites, Archiepiskopos of Constantinople Opel, AD 974-980. ΘEOTOKE BOHΘEI, the Virgin, nimbate, standing facing, holding Christ on left arm / ANTWNIW APXIEΠICKO ΠW KWNCTAN TINOVΠΟΛEWC NEAC PWMHC, ornamented with flowers above and below. Zacos -. 26.26g, 38mm, 6h. Extremely Rare, perhaps unpublished. Large crease.
969. Byzantine Lead Seal. Markos, Metropolitan of Adrian Opel, 11th-12th century AD. Bust of Paul right, holding scroll, and Peter left holding crosstipped sceptre; O ΠAV ΛOC above Paul, O ΠETPOC above Peter / THC AΔPIANOV ΠOIMENOC CΓPAΓIC MAPKOV. Zacos -. 10.66g, 27mm, 5h. A seal of the Archbishop Markos was not previously known. This piece is thus an important link for the Notitia of this church.
970. Byzantine Lead Seal. Nicetas, Bishop, 8-9th century AD. Cross monogram ΘEOTOKE BOHΘEI (monogram Zacos I XLIV), in the interstices TW CW ΔOV-LW / NIKH TA EΠHCK OΠOV N (I) KE [...] [...] NΘHN. Zacos -; Jordanov, Corpus -. 57.30g, 34mm, 6h. Extremely Rare.
Roma Numismatics Auction IX