Tips On Opening A Business In London
If you are thinking of starting a business that entails you having a storefront in London, then we suggest you take heed of some points before you do so that you can possibly score some of the prime real estate available there or at least get advertised in a prominent place such as the Marylebone business directory.
Steps to be legal eagle as a London Business
Doing this is as easy as 1, 2, and 3 and really it is not very different than opening a business in the U.S. and Canada. As long as you are a citizen of the UK this will apply. If you are not then you need to first contact the Embassy and let them know what that you plan on opening a business in the UK and they will let you know if you have the right status to do so and if not, they can direct you as to how to obtain the right status and if you can. If you are an immigrant from some select countries you may not be allowed to open a business in the UK so getting that squared away as the first order of business is a good thing this way no time or money is wasted.
- Fees: You will pay around ÂŁ300 for forms 10 and 12 and you will sign and notarize them in front of a Justice.
- Plan: You will need a formal business plan to present in short and let the courts know how many employees you intend to hire. They like it when you are employing the general public there.
- Incorporate: For around ÂŁ30 you can fill out the proper incorporation forms with the Registrar of Companies.
Other steps after all the legal stuff is complete
- Hire: Start screening your team early and calculating job descriptions and salaries.
- Advertise: Be sure you are getting the best for your advertising dollar and see what kind of online advertising you should do. These days you need to have social media and optimized content to link to it. Get into Marylebone business directory quickly.
- Webpage: Hire a developer to construct a website that people can see and easily navigate. This should actually be planned and begun way before the incorporation process begins.
In conclusion, those tips are the meat of what you need in the beginning. Good business practices and networking out in the community with your target audience is what keeps what you started afloat.