Paint The Damage lyric book Table Of Contents Chalk It Up – page 3 Salad In The Air – page 6
Not Been The Same – page 9 Feeling Sick – page 11 Bulldoze The Days – page 13
Wings Of Death – page 15 Chewing The Fat – page 1
• Chalk It Up – Verse: • There has to be a day, when you push it all away • Y’had enough of your own shit, today’s the final day • Not gonna wait around for that sinking feeling to return • Pull my soul from my chest and shake it good and stern
o Bridge: x2
Chalk it up to foolish faith and everything I’ve craved Chalk it up to good intent, but that road has already been paved o Chorus:
I’m riding high on an ever-changing world
• And just when I fuckin’ thought that I had seen it all • I took the time to stand beside myself – Verse: • The air seems cleaner only a breath away • Leaps-andbounds-freshnew-sounds, what do you got to say?
• Kick the bucket or grab the sky, there is no end in sight • Slam and wormsink or swim, you might even have to fight! – Bridge – Chorus – Double time change up
• You don’t to be witness to the mess in my mind • I don’t want to be witness to the mess of human kind • I’m carrying a big stick and taking it all in stride • I’m carrying a big stick, there is nowhere to hide
• You can’t hide from your mind! • You can’t hide from your mind! • You can’t hide from your mind! – Double time change up repeat • There’s nowhere you can hide! • There’s nowhere you can hide! – Song rings out... •
• Salad In The Air • Old Habits die hard and that’s the fuckin’ truth • Hammer down the days just to hold down the roof • Bullshit weighs a ton and my back is fuckin’ sore • I’m standing on my head with my salad in the air
• The problems are oblivious • They’re all put on display • My mouth zipped tight • or else I’ll have to pay • Cross my fingers, furrow my brow and hope for the best
• Clear a path for my ass, and fuck all the rest • Cross my fingers, furrow my brow and hope for the best • Clear a path for my ass, and fuck all the rest – Chorus – Change-Up
• Frustration, it mounts deep inside my mind • Bury it under Logic, but there is nowhere it can hide • Repressed emotions are building a time bomb • Check my head, clear my head, but I know there’s something wrong •
SOMETHING –IS– FUCKING–WRONG!
• Try to keep a level head, but gnaws away at my soul • Try to hold onto reality, (but-it’s-soeasy-to-let-go!) • Re-affirm my stance as I clench my fists tight • Fending off the bullshit (andfighting-the-goodfight)
• The spirit is willing, but the flesh is getting weak • I’m standing in a place (where-fireand-ice-meet) • Pushing my luck and I hope it’s worth the spill • One things for sure (if-I-don’tembrace-my-fatesomeone-elsecertainly-will)
• Not Been The Same
• I’m pushing forward, the world is pushing back • Bang my head from side, escape from this trap • As you may know it’s not easy to do • Running in circles, you’re stuck in a fuckin’ zoo!
• Tryin’ to keep it real in a world gone mad • I’ve gotta keep my cool or join the mindless mob • I suppose it’s all the same and we’re all insane • Losing our fucking minds, but everything’s ok! • Chorus: • I have opened my eyes, and
• I have opened my mind, and • I can no longer remain • Because I have not been the same – Not been the same! – Not been the same! – Not been the same!
• Feeling Sick • Intro-verse • Feeling sick in the pit of my stomach • The air I breath is as thick as mud • I can’t find the light in the dark • Even with the slightest spark – Ya-Ya! – Verse 1
• You’re the one you’re foolin’
• I can see what you’re doin’ • You’re the one you’re cheatin’ • And I’m the one who’s leaving • I don’t care about your story • Believe me, I’m not sorry • You’ve got something to hide • You show all the signs
– Verse 2
• You’re painting a picture • For all the world to see • It’s a thin canvas, • But you’re too blind to see – Bridge/solo
• You’d rather sit there • And watch it all go up in flames • Point your finger around the circle
• Because everyone else is to blame – Intro-verse riff repeated
• A knife in the back, it’s so easy to see • Protrudes from my shoulder blades, it’s as plain as day • Here I am lookin’ you in eye • All I see is a head full of lies!
• Bulldoze The Days • Living for the moment, trying to keep the myth true • Lying to yourself that you’re on top of the world • Paycheck to Paycheck, kickin’ you in the ass • Make you cry, make you scream • Makes you know you’re alive!
• Bulldoze your way through the days • What would you miss if you slowed it down a bit • Bulldoze your way through the days • Doesn’t it seem that we’ve all had enough of it? – Verse
• Twist and writhe in a monetary convulsion
• Burn the nerves because the truth is revolting • Twist and writhe in a monetary convulsion • Burn the nerves because the truth is revolting – Chorus – Change-Up
• White hot iron blades pressed up against the eyes
• Stab that needle right into my veins • I don’t wanna know, I don’t really care • As long as I can find a way out of here! – Change-up/first verse
• Wings Of Death • Rock the boat, kick the can • Now your life is on the line • You’d like to think it’s fun & games • You’d better wipe that smile away • Chorus • Careful steps – there’s eggshells strewn about • Careful steps –
• There’s nothing to talk about • Verse • Once had a friend, I knew well • I’ll never forget her face • All was fine and dandy • She disappeared without a trace • Chorus • Chang-up/solo • Verse
• Take those thoughts and words • And put them behind your ear • If you value your future • My words are very clear
• Chewing The Fat • I chew it up and spit it out, • I chew it up and spit out, • It’s no wonder why I live in a state of, • Doubt is all you breed, • As you scheme to intervene, • And no one is really,
• Chorus • Free-Dom! • It seems like no one is really, • Free-Dom! • It means something dear to you and me! • Being Free! • Being Free! • Being Free! • Tearing down the walls, • They seem so might tall, • Look into their eyes,
• And see through their lies, • Tearing down the walls, • They seem so might tall, • Look into their eyes, • And see through their lies