I’ve got nothing to hide.
Table of Contents Cooking Terms & Techniques Main Dishes American Fishburger Lobster w/ Garlic Butter Salmon w/ Olives and Tomatoes Sardine Soup w/ Bread Crumbs Sweet & Sour “Seagull Wings” Fried Tofu Sticks
Sides Fish & Chips Fried Shrimp Poutine Crab Cake Garden Salad Guacamole & Tortillas
Desserts Apple Pie “Lava” Brownies
Cooking Techniques & Terms BAKE - Cook by dry heat, usually in an oven. BARBECUE - Grilling done over open charcoal / wood fire. Long, slow direct-heat cooking. May include liberal basting with barbecue sauce. BATTER - Mixture containing flour and liquid, thin enough to pour. BEAT - Rapidly mix in order to make mixture smooth & light by incorporating as much air as possible. BROIL - Cook on grill under strong, direct heat. DICE - Cut food into small cubes of uniform size and shape DREDGE - Sprinkle or coat with flour or other fine substance. DUST - Sprinkle food with dry ingredients. FILLET - As verb, remove bones from meat or fish. As an adjective, a fillet/filet is the piece of flesh after bones have been removed. FRY - Cook in hot fat. GARNISH - Decorate a dish both to enhance appearance and provide flavorful foil. MARINATE - Flavor and moisturize pieces of meat, poultry, seafood, or vegetable by soaking in or brushing with liquid mixture of seasoning. MINCE - Cut or chop food into extremely small pieces PICKLE - Preserve meats, vegetables, and fruits in brine. SAUTÉ - Cook/brown food in small amount of hot fat SKIM - To remove impurities from the surface of a liquid during cooking. Results in clear, cleaner-tasting final product. STEAM - Cook in steam in a pressure cooker, deep well cooker, double boiler, or steamer. STERILIZE - Destroy micro-organisms by boiling, dry heat, or steam. TOSS - Combine ingredients with lifting motion. WHIP - Beat rapidly to incorporate air and produce expansion.
American Fishburger What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Fish fillet 1/2 kg (4x4 size) Black pepper 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Mustard powder 1/2 tsp Vinegar 2 tbsp Flour 2 tbsp Egg 1 Cheese slice 4 Burger buns 2 Mayonnaise 1/2 cup Lemon juice 1 tbsp Pickled onion 1 tsp Green chillies 1 tsp Pickled cucumber 1 tsp Boiled egg white 1 tbsp
Cooking Instructions 1. Marinate fish with black pepper, salt, mustard powder, vinegar, flour egg.
2. Fold each fillet with crumbs and deep fry in oil. 3. Mix lemon juice, pickled onion, pickled cucumber, green chillies and boiled egg white mayonnaise. The end product of this step is tartar sauce. 4. Heat up burger buns on a pan. Place cheese slice, spread mayonnaise on one side of bun and butter on other side. 5. Place each fillet on each bun. Spread some tartar sauce over it and place other half of bun.
Lobster w/ Garlic Butter What You Need:
● 4 Lobsters (1 ¼ lb - 1 ½ lb each) ● Large pot (⅔ full seawater) ● 1-2 lemons ● Garlic butter sides
1. Bring water to a rolling boil 2. Add lobsters and bring back to a boil 3. Start a timer for 6-9 minutes. 4. Check antennae routinely. If the antenna pops off with little, if any force, the lobster is done cooking. 5. Garnish with a lemon or two & serve with side of garlic butter.
Salmon w/ Olives and Tomatoes What You Need: ● ● ● ●
1 Salmon Salt and Pepper Olives Tomatoes
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper 2. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes 3. Garnish with olives and tomatoes
Sardine Soup w/ Breadcrumbs What You Need:
● 1 ½ cans boneless, skinless sardines in tomato sauce ● ½ head of cauliflower, washed ● 1 medium yellow squash, cut into ¼” rounds ● 6 cloves fresh garlic ● 2 garlic dill pickles, cut into rounds ● 1 ½ cups of water ● ½ cup rice noodles ● 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning ● ½ tsp. Hot Sauce ● 1 tsp. Kosher Salt ● ¼ tsp. Ground black pepper ● Sliced green onions for garnish ● Breadcrumbs for garnish
1. Cut yellow squash into ¼” rounds and slice green onions for garnish. 2. Measure all ingredients requiring measured amounts. 3. Hear saucepan and add some canola oil 4. Add veggies and sauté for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. 5. Add sardines and seasonings. 6. Add water and let simmer 5-10 minutes on low heat. 7. Add rice noodles and onions for garnish. 8. Add breadcrumbs for garnish 9. Serve.
Sweet & Sour Seagull Wings What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ●
12 Chicken Wings ½ tsp. Salt ½ tsp. Pepper The Secret Sauce (premade) Green Onions Sesame Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and place rack on it. Coat rack with non-stick spray. 2. Wash wings, then pat dry to ensure full dryness. 3. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Then place wings on rack. 4. Bake in oven for 25 minutes. 5. Flip wings and cook for another 20 minutes. 6. Cook secret sauce simultaneously for 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens. 7. Toss (cook quickly in skillet/sauté pan over direct heat) wings in bowl with secret sauce. 8. Garnish with green onions and
sesame seeds 9. Serve hot.
Fried Tofu Sticks
What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ●
1 block of firm tofu 2 tbsp chili sauce 2 tbsp soya sauce 2 tbsp corn starch 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper
DIPPING SAUCE ● 3 tbsp honey ● 1 tbsp Dijon mustard ● 1 tsp soya sauce ● Salt & Pepper
1. Cut tofu into finger-sized trips 2. Mix soy sauce and chili sauce 3. Marinate tofu in mixture for 30 minutes 4. Mix breadcrumbs and corn starch & add salt pepper 5. Roll tofu strips in mixture 6. Fill deep frying pan/wok with oil. Fry tofu strips until golden brown 7. Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together. 8. Serve immediately.
Fish & Chips
What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
4 large potatoes 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp salt 1 tsp ground black pepper 1 cup milk 1 egg 1 qt vegetable oil 1 ½ lb cod fillets
1. Place potatoes in medium-sized bowl of cold water. 2. In separate medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. 3. Stir in milk and egg until mixture is smooth. Let stand for 20 minutes. 4. Preheat oil in large pot to 350*. 5. Fry potatoes in hot oil until tender. Drain on paper towels. 6. Dredge fish in batter, one piece at a time, and place in hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. 7. Fry potatoes again for 1-2 minutes for added crispness
What You Need:
1 cup milk 1 cup buttermilk 1 cup hot sauce 2 cups self-rising flour ¼ cup self-rising cornmeal 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper ● 3 tbsp salt ● 2 lb medium shrimp, pelled and deveined w/ tails on ● Peanut oil ● ● ● ● ● ●
1. Preheat oil to 375*. Line baking tray with paper towels and set aside. In shallow baking dish, whisk together milk, buttermilk, and hot sauce. 2. In separate shallow baking dish, whisk together flour, cornmeal, pepper, and salt. 3. Ensure shrimp are dry. Then, dredge in Mixture 2. Dredge in Mixture 1 and then Mixture 2 again. Shake off excess between each dredging. 4. Deep-fry batches, but do not overload fryer. Fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown. 5. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel lined baking tray. Serve.
What You Need: ● ● ● ●
1 qt vegetable oil 1 can beef gravy 5 medium potatoes 2 cups cheese curds
1. Slice potatoes into fries 2. Heat oil in deep fryer to 365*. While oil heats, warm up gravy. 3. Place fries in hot oil, and cook until light brown (5 minutes approx.) Make fries in batches if needed to allow room to move in oil. Remove to a paper towel lined plate for drainage. 4. Plate fries and sprinkle cheese. Ladle gravy over fries & cheese, and serve immediately.
What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
1 lb shredded crabmeat 1 ½ tbsp dry bread crumbs 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley Salt & pepper 1 egg 1 ½ tbsp mayonnaise ½ tsp ground dry mustard 1 dash hot pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven broiler 2. Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. 3. Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet. 4. Broil for 10-15 minutes, until lightly brown. Serve.
What You Need:
● 1 10-oz bag American salad blend ● Pre-made salad dressing ● ¼ red onion, thinly sliced ● 4 small pickled peppers ● 1 small vine-ripened tomato, quartered ● 2 tbsp sliced black olives ● ½ cup large croutons ● 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1. Place salad blend in large bowl and top with remaining ingredients. 2. Drizzle pre-made dressing.
Guacamole & Tortillas
What You Need:
● 4 ripe Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and chopped ● ½ red onion, chopped ● 1 jalapeno pepper, minced ● 2 limes, juiced ● Salt & pepper ● Chopped fresh cilantro leaves ● Pre-prepared Cumin Dusted Tortillas
1. Combine all ingredients in a molcajete 2. Mix to a chunky consistency. Season with salt, pepper, and cilantro. 3. Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a high-sided saute pan to 360*. 4. Fry tortillas, in batches, until light golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and season immediately with cumin and salt. 5. Serve.
What You Need:
Double-Crust Pastry ⅓ to ½ cup sugar ¼ cup all-purpose flour ½ tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp ground nutmeg ⅛ tsp salt 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples ● 2 tbsp butter ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
1. Heat oven to 425F. Prepare pastry. 2. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl. Stir in apples. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate and dot with butter. Trim overhanging edge of pastry ½ inch from rim of plate. 3. Roll other round of pastry. Fold into fourths and cut slits so steam can escape. Unfold top pastry over filling; trim overhanging edge 1 inch from rim of plate. Fold and roll top edge under lower edge, pressing on rim to seal; flue as desired. Cover edge with 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excess browning. 4. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
What You Need: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Baking soda 1 stick butter 2 oz bittersweet chocolate 2 oz semisweet chocolate 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar 2 whole eggs 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla ½ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Spray four custard cups with baking spray & place on baking sheet 2. Microwave butter, bittersweet chocolate, and semisweet chocolate in large bowl on high until butter is melted (1 min. approx). Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. 3. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks, then add vanilla. Stir in flour. 4. Divide mixture among custard cups. 5. Bake until sides are firm and centers are soft (around 13 minutes). Let stand one minute. Serve.
The Culinary Guide for Post-Flash Life
Gordon Ramsay is a British-American chef. Growing up in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, Ramsay enlisted in the Royal Commerce Organization and served in Georgia during the Atlanta Crisis. After discharge, he opted to stay in the United States, becoming a citizen and gaining employment at The Anchor, a seafood joint in Whitman Bay, which was a mere mile from the US-PRT border. Heâ€™s known for his tasty meals, prepared at the highest of standards with only the freshest of ingredients.