| 525 SUV | Edition 18.2
Cross over to a Riviera adventure yacht
The Riviera SUV Collection: count on amazing adventures Next time you seem certain to be swamped by the incoming tide at work - everything wanted yesterday, or the day before - take a moment to reflect on the larger picture. There is a bigger world out there filled with wonder and adventure. Over 70% covered in water, and just waiting for you to discover it all. What better excuse could you have to run with the outgoing tide and explore all the highlights of both hemispheres on board your brilliant new Riviera SUV adventure yacht.
The Riviera SUV Collection is made up of the 445 SUV, 525 SUV, 575 SUV and the sensational new 395 SUV model. They are a perfect meld of the high performance and wide open cockpit of the classic Riviera Flybridge Collection, and the luxurious single-level, alfresco entertaining style of the award winning Riviera Sport Yachts. In other words, you will be at the helm of two fabulous motor yachts in one ... with twice as many excuses to turn your life into one great adventure after another. Enjoy!
Surrounded in luxury, totally relaxed and taking every opportunity to create unforgettable memories, your friends and loved ones will thank you forever. Riviera Owner - Rodney Longhurst
The Riviera 525 SUV: Supreme Utility Vessel It is one thing to combine two types of craft, quite another to create an inspired new whole: a fresh class of luxury motor yacht which will forever change the way you think about and pursue your blue water activities. The renowned Riviera design team have set out to embrace â€˜ultimate utilityâ€™. The result is the spectacular new Riviera 525 SUV, the entertaining meets exploration craft just made for escape - escape par excellence. Look around the expansive cockpit, suitably outfitted for your favoured recreations. Picture yourself cruising the great waterways of the world, diving in the Bahamas, or fishing on the Reef. Anything and everything is possible on board your Riviera 525 SUV. World famous, ocean tested, Riviera build quality and strength underpin spirited, enduring performance and guarantee retained resale value. And no motor yacht could be more luxurious or better appointed. From bowsprit to boarding platform, you will relish the Riviera attention to detail, handcrafted luxury and astonishing operational technology. This is cruising on an unprecedented scale of comfort and ease. Luxuriate in a standard of finish others call optional. Revel in the Riviera design with unrivalled design flow and sweeping glass and surround views from the saloon and helm. Marvel at how much easier and more enjoyable the Riviera embrace of modern technology makes every cruising experience. There is a whole other world of refined living below decks with three staterooms and two bathrooms. And then, of course, there is the Volvo Penta Glass Cockpit navigation system and silky- smooth Volvo Inboard Performance System (IPS), to power your every cruising and escape dream. Wherever in the world that may be.
Your escape starts here
Your love affair with the Riviera 525 SUV commences from the moment you step on board with nonchalant ease through either of the double transom doors. Notice the sporty fibreglass hardtop 525 design feature above offering cockpit shelter and shade. The elegant teak decking at your feet. And the brilliant 360 degree views courtesy of the forward windscreen, tinted and tempered glass sliding side windows and rear door, and opening awning window - encased in rugged, gleaming stainless steel. Riviera designers have clearly thought of everything in what is, in effect, a full flybridge-scale cockpit space. Out here you can entertain, converse, unwind, sunbathe, swim, dive or fish, all in sublime style. There is a superbly comfortable three-seater cockpit lounge forward to port. Upholstered in a contemporary, high quality, weatherresistant fabric, it can also be converted to a restful day bed. But in concert with the integrated, superbly crafted teak table, it makes an ideal conversation and entertaining area. And just over to starboard, youâ€™ll find a double gas barbecue with stainless steel splashback, LED lighting and ice-maker to help fuel the good times. Ah yes, this is the Riviera life. Lovers of the great escape, recreational or angler, will appreciate the 525 SUV as much as the cruising family. You can, for instance, fit a cockpit table, game chair or custom rod holders with ease. And the transom lounge can be shortened to accommodate diving and swimming gear storage, or even a live bait tank. Itâ€™s all here just waiting for you to press the escape button.
Safety over and above
Children, grandchildren, friends of any age, even your petsâ€Ś Riviera wants everyone to enjoy every part of your remarkable new 525 SUV. That means placing a high emphasis on safe passage to the amazing and expansive forward deck. Up here, life takes on a different, refreshing perspective: new vistas and new possibilities at every turn. And thanks to Riviera ingenuity and attention to detail, getting there has never been easier. Wide side decks featuring thoughtfully placed handrails, a high side and bow rail and raised, toe-kick bulwarks, ensure safety and comfort, even in inclement weather. The foredeckâ€™s deep anchor lockers store a range of equipment concealed from the elements and view. Above all though, life up here for you and your guests is all about experiencing the freedom, adventure and relaxation possibilities that the great escape has to offer. Be the first to spot a favoured anchorage, pod of dolphins or calming sunset. Alternatively, if all that sounds a trifle too energetic, you may just wish to relax into the large cushioned sun pad built for two and let the world slide by, flat out doing preciselyâ€Śnothing.
The heart of the matter
Has there ever been a more welcoming and inspired luxury yacht design than the Riviera 525 SUV? All that space, light, strength, luxury and practicality. So step into the heart of the vessel now, the saloon, and see what pleasures await. The rear bulkhead finished in tinted, tempered glass and housed in a ship-like, highly polished stainless steel frame, looks as good inside as it does out. (And being a Riviera will do so for decades to come.) Immediately to port, precisely where it should be for maximum interaction inside and out, is the superbly appointed galley. With designer appliances, handcrafted cabinetry, ample storage and corian bench tops, be sure to bring your favourite recipes on board, because you can create magic here. And speaking of magic, look at the views forward, port, starboard and astern…you’ll be surrounded by inspiration. With the large glass awning window connecting you to the cockpit and the adjacent saloon, you are in the true heart of the moment … entertaining, conversing, laughing and sharing life, forward and aft… doing it all with grace, style and ultimate ease.
The spectacular saloon
The dictionary defines ‘spectacular’ like this: spectacular adjective: beautiful in a dramatic and eye-catching way,”spectacular ocean scenery” - synonyms: striking, picturesque, breathtaking, arresting, amazing, glorious The saloon of the Riviera 525 SUV is spectacular in every way: a spectacular space to enjoy, admire and absorb the surrounding views. From the panoramic 360 degree windows to the touch-of-a button star lover’s sunroof, to the standard of furnishings and finish, Riviera designers have truly excelled. Whether you are enjoying the company of new found friends, entertaining or simply unwinding with your favourite people in the world, one thing is certain: you are in for a spectacularly fine time. Settle into the large L-shaped lounge to port and contemplate the views and your next boating adventure. That fabulous hi/lo dining table can easily fold and lower to become a coffer table once the main courses have been served. To starboard you will discover the beautifully crafted, double stitched three seater-settee, with slide-out ottoman and extra table for more entertaining or dining possibilities. And should you feel the need to reconnect with the world you’ve left behind, press a button and your 32-inch television with integrated sound system will emerge (then adjust for optimum viewing), from its discrete storage compartment. Here in the saloon, as in all the 525‘s enclosed spaces, reverse cycle air conditioning complements your level of comfort. Should you so desire though, the large side sliding glass windows can easily be opened to invite fresh sea air…just spectacular!
Step forward and take command
The light and luxury below decks
Comfortable driving a contemporary luxury car? Then you can confidently take command of a beautiful 525, and set out to discover a better world - a world full of new ports, secluded bays, friends, entertaining and recreational possibilities - a world largely unaffected by the pace of modern life.
The lifestyle advantages of escaping on board your own gleaming new Riviera 525 SUV are not merely limited to above deck. In the lower accommodation deck, you’ll find a standard of luxury and appointments normally only associated with the finest hotels.
So, step forward with confidence from the saloon, slide into the big, comfortable captain’s chair and take command of the sports-inspired steering wheel. How good does it all look and feel. Stylish. Clean. Ultra modern. Every single component - seating position, console lay out, electronic aids, instrumentation and displays - has been engineered and integrated to make being a skipper a real joy. Just look at the amazing visibility through the curved, toughened glass windscreens, equipped with anti-fog air conditioning vents. Experience centimetre-perfect control through fingertip-easy, joystick maneuverability. Feel the surge of power from the state-of-the-art, silky-smooth twin Volvo Inboard Performance System (IPS), totally at your command. Now take in the large multi-function display touch screens - alive with astonishing technical virtuosity - easily guided by an intuitive menu. At a glance you can take in full vessel controls, engine system monitoring and all navigational aids - just so easy. The art of the escape has never been more fulfilling. Or simpler to command.
What hotel however could boast such constantly changing, always inspiring views? So, step down the timber-finished companionway and immediately notice the headroom, space and...the light! Lots and lots of lovely atrium light, brightening the space and your being, courtesy of the massive glass windscreen and saloon sunroofs above. You’ll feel at home straightaway. And you still have the three staterooms and two bathrooms to experience and enjoy...
A masterclass in elegance and design
Great architectural designers create warm, welcoming spaces and Rivieraâ€™s talented team achieve the yachting equivalent. So, step into the master stateroom, and appreciate great design skill at work. Take in the space, serenity, the light and sheer luxury. The 525 SUV master stateroom can be positioned aft or forward - wherever you decide, either will exceed your expectations. The bed is queen sized and walk around, with twin bedside tables emphasising the spaciousness. A combination of soft light filtering in the sweeping hull window and porthole, along with the elegant contemporary fabrics, fine timber work and furnishings, invite you to stop and rest a while. Lie back in perfect air conditioned comfort. Or fill the room with invigorating sea air from the opening porthole. Settle back and enjoy your 26-inch LED TV and home theatre system, or elect to retire for the night and wake up revitalised. Rest assured, with abundant storage options - including large under bed drawers and locker, as well with four cedar-lined hanging lockers with auto LED lighting - you can pack enough leisurewear and accessories to outfit a whole year of adventure. The master stateroomâ€™s ensuite bathroom completes our designersâ€™ vision of elegance and luxury. Generously proportioned and beautifully appointed, it boasts a walk in shower, full vanity and basin, superbly detailed timber drawers and large, well lit mirrors.
Vip treatment for your guests
On board your magnificent Riviera 525 SUV, guests receive VIP treatment, above and below decks. With this approach in mind, consider the breathtaking forward guest stateroom. Frankly you could be forgiven for mistaking it for the master, such is its level of comfort, finish and appointments. As in the master, the bed is queen sized and walk around, with a distinctive upholstered headboard design feature. Notice the LED lighting situated here too, and the superb, handcrafted cabinetry. Of course thatâ€™s in addition to large his and hers, cedar-lined hanging lockers, as well as even more storage drawers cleverly concealed below the bed. Thereâ€™s plush pile carpet underfoot, stylish hull windows perfectly framing the natural beauty outside and climate air conditioning throughout. Yes, your family, friends and honoured guests will enjoy a total VIP experience. Needless to say this detail in luxury and pampering also extends to the adjacent guestroom ensuite which, with dual entry points, also functions as the day head.
Nothing overlooked, everyone looked after You’ll find the faster modern life goes, the greater the number of people who’ll feel the need to escape with you. So, whether they be last minute guests, friends, or distant relations, be confident they can be accommodated and well cared for in your third stateroom, aft on the starboard side. What you won’t see as you enter this elegant space is the optional laundry centre or home entertainment system, cleverly hidden from view behind eye catching, stylish cabinetry. What will be immediately apparent is the plush pile carpet, twin adult-sized beds with centre bedside table, LED lighting, large fixed hull window, opening porthole ...and something else besides…a distinctive feeling of luxury and quality so true to the Riviera marque. Like every part of this remarkable craft, it all makes for the perfect escape, for owners and guests alike.
Optional port stateroom layout
The clean and uncluttered engine room — with acoustic and thermal insulation and LED lighting — highlights the skilled consideration for which Riviera is renowned globally in terms of engineering. The impressive commercial air intake system helps keep the engine room temperature well below the manufacturer’s formal recommendation, reducing fuel consumption even further, while the air-conditioning units are mounted high so gravity feeds condensation water into the common drain lines located on either side of the yacht, and which drain aft and overboard. All onboard drains also feed into these common drain lines, while an advanced mist elimination system with veins draws moisture from the air and feeds directly overboard. Four automatic bilge pumps with manual override are located at various points throughout the hull and also pump directly overboard. There’s even a dedicated space for a gyroscopic stabiliser — yet another example of how Riviera is ready to embrace all innovations that make boating more enjoyable.
All batteries onboard the 525 SUV are maintenance free to ensure carefree boating and are housed in special battery boxes in accordance with the American Boating & Yacht Council (ABYC) and European Unionâ€™s CE industry standards. The house power is 24 volt, which allows for simpler charging, lower current draw and smaller cables (further reduced weight) than equivalent 12 volt systems. The Mastervolt 2.5kW AC/DC inverter provides power to the icemaker, galley outlet and onboard entertainment systems, ensuring watching television while relaxing quietly at anchor is whisper quiet. LED lighting is utilised throughout the yacht and provides trouble free boating while reducing electrical current draw. The lamps use less than 10 per cent of the power required to run a bulb lamp â€” no bulbs means no maintenance and long service life. Additionally, Residual Circuit Interrupter (RCD/GFCI) provides protection over the entire yacht and also complies with ABYC and CE standards for safer boating.
The power and technology are yours
Riviera is at the forefront of a marine propulsion revolution, having now launched hundreds of pod-driven luxury motor yachts. Pods are used on such worldly form vessels as the Queen Mary II cruise ship as well as large scale commercial craft. This proven technology is now revolutionising pleasure yachts. Pod drives offer an excellent power-to-weight ratio delivering improved performance, enhanced torque, improved fuel efficiency, simple maneuverability, reduced environmental impact and quiet operation thanks to under water exhausts. In simplified terms, Volvo Penta’s innovative Inboard Propulsion System (IPS) features twin pod drive units, each of which is capable of turning independently to provide the correct thrust to move the yacht in the exact direction required by the skipper easily controlling the system with either a steering wheel and throttles or a joystick. The 525 SUV has a joystick at the helm and an additional joystick as standard in her cockpit so a skipper, either solo or with a novice crew, is able to simply push and twist the joystick and the yacht will respond immediately, pivoting in place or tracking sideways into a berth that’s just long enough to fit the yacht. In the 525 SUV, owners have the option of having the cockpit joystick located on either the port or starboard sides. IPS also offers a Dynamic Positioning System (DPS) for stationholding while preparing lines and fenders or while waiting off a fuel jetty, the convenience of Auto Pilot, manual trimming with optional auto-trim, as well as a highly-efficient Anti-Corrosion Protection (ACP) unit mounted to the transom to reduce the maintenance of sacrificial anodes.
Window to the future
The three-blade nibral, forward facing, counter-rotating propellers are protected by the premium antifoul coating propspeed to achieve a long service life, as well as 316 marine grade stainless steel line cutters from Volvo Penta, located between the propellers for protection from ropes, fishing lines, plastic bags or nets. These precision made line cutters create a very efficient rotating cutting action to protect the propellers and shaft sealing without increasing drag or fuel burn. The 525 SUV employs the revolutionary Volvo Penta D11-IPS800 propulsion system with twin D11 engines and IPS20 pod-drives (2x 460kW/626hp) as the standard package. This is a perfectly matched drive package for the 525 and the system’s Class 4 commercial rating assures reliability and durability. Additionally, the IPS2 package is fully certified under the Det Norske Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd (DNV GL) classification system. Owners are also able to select the optional D11-IPS950 system with twin D11 engines and IPS20 pod-drive units (2 x 533kW/725hp).
To give you total command of the 525 SUV, Volvo Penta’s state-ofthe-art Glass Cockpit navigation and monitoring system blends new technology with dependability and practical functionality. The Glass Cockpit system provides a very clean, easy-to-use system with enhanced overview and control of both engines and navigation, including GPS, sounder and radar, even autopilot and optional charts ... and all in one place and in the one system. Integrated with the IPS Electronic Vessel Control (EVC) system, the Glass Cockpit gathers all driver information and displays it in one location. The easy-to-handle, pinch-to-zoom displays give you instant data and control. The ergonomic design and interface for the dashboard offers push buttons on the controls and touch-buttons on the screens. Just one clever feature of the Glass Cockpit is the unique auto guidance feature that — based on the yacht’s draft and your desired safety distance to obstacles — searches through all relevant charts to create a route you can follow, avoiding shallow water, buoys and other obstacles. Coupled with the auto pilot, it not only shows the way, it can take you there. The Glass Cockpit also enables the option of full joystick steering whilst underway.
The Riviera advantage
Riviera is continuing to lead the luxury motor yacht market and proudly stands behind the easy-to-use systems onboard its worldclass designs.
The fully integrated CZone digital switching system enhances the ease of monitoring and operation of the Riviera 525’s onboard systems, including tanks, and extends centralised, touch-screen control to lighting, pumps, batteries, entertainment systems and appliances.
The confident poise of the 525 SUV is just as evident offshore as it is at anchor — her solid and robust hull with keel is the evolution of our rich 38-year history of building almost 5300 world-class luxury motor yachts that are proven in the often challenging Australian offshore conditions.
A 5-year all Volvo Penta systems limited warranty is now standard with every new Riviera and covers Volvo Penta helm stations, steering and propellers as well as major componentry of their high performance drivelines and fuel-efficient engines. Available worldwide, this extended warranty complements the Riviera 5-year structural limited warranty and will provide even greater peace of mind for our valued Riviera boating family members. Riviera Family members enjoy exclusive invitations to fun-filled social and boating education events, inspiring cruising experiences as well as special offers on genuine parts, electronics and our premium Riviera lifestyle collection.
CZone allows owners to operate multiple circuits at a single touch, energising all lighting and electrics depending on your requirements. It comes pre-programmed with three modes — entertaining, cruising and dock unattended — and these modes can be customised by the owner so the system works exactly how you want. Other user-friendly features include interior light-dimming, timer controls, automated circuit control, wiper speed and wash functions. There’s also a service mode that shuts down all power and systems. Based on industry-proven Controller Area Network (CAN) technology, the CZone system offers DC and AC switching and over-current protection. Full systems monitoring (with alarms) including AC voltage, current frequency and kilowatts, DC voltage, current and remaining battery capacity, along with fluid tank levels and indication for systems in operation, is clearly displayed on the 5-inch touch-screen at the helm and 8.4-inch screen at the saloon entrance. There is also the option of additional iPod connectivity so you can control CZone from anywhere onboard your yacht.
Every Riviera built at our world-class facility on Australia’s Gold Coast combines superior-strength hand lay-ups with a water-tight collision bulkhead forward, and independent compartments throughout the hull. Our legendary build quality also features vinylster resin in the outer layer of lamination to increase the ability to withstand water absorption. An isophthalic gelcoat exterior provides an impeccable and hard-wearing surface finish. From the waterline down, the hull is solid GRP with reinforced bottom, keel and chines. Structural core material is used in the hull flanks, main deck and hardtop, while precisely fitted, lightweight resin transfer-moulded small parts have a double-sided gelcoat finish and are pre-fitted for a perfect seal when all the major components are bonded together. Riviera uses only 316 marine-grade stainless steel in all our exterior fastenings. All stainless steel rails feature ground and polished welds to ensure a consistently smooth and mirror finish. Our designers have placed a firm focus on convenient access to every key maintenance point throughout the yacht so any issues can be quickly identified and addressed, and service costs are kept to a minimum. Of course, this thoughtful consideration for our Riviera family of owners is a key part of our ethos of doing all we can to help our valued owners achieve … ‘the ultimate boating experience’.
Features, inclusions and options COCKPIT OVERVIEW
· Hand held hot and cold freshwater shower
· Hardtop access ladder, removable in stainless steel
Features and inclusions
· Seawater wash down outlet
· Impact and UV resistant gunwhale rail in white PVC with stainless steel insert strip
· Wide boarding platform with hydraulic lift · Double transom doors allow easy access and extend the cockpit space even further
· Optional live bait tank and shorter transom lounge, including pick up circulating pump, window and light
· Large cushioned sun pad on the forward deck upholstered in white vinyl and with stainless steel rails and with cover
· Expansive self draining cockpit with reinforced alloy plate for future installation of game chair or table. There is also the option for teak flooring
· Padded bolster fitted to cockpit coaming
· The fibreglass hardtop extends well aft to provide shelter and shade from the extremities. This can be extended even further with an optional stainless steel and acrylic canvas awning for additional protection from the sun and extremities
Features and inclusions
Features and inclusions
· Aft sliding door with tinted and tempered glass and set in a strong stainless steel frame
· Transom lounge covered in white vinyl with storage underneath, includes white protection cover
· Wide walk around side decks with well placed hand rails lead safely forward on both sides of the yacht · Stainless steel Ultra anchor with galvanised chain
· Mezzanine features a top loading freezer locker with the option for refrigerator conversion
· Anchor chain chafe plate fitted to the bow sprit and anchor chain stopper fitted to the deck
· Folding mezzanine seat converts to a day bed, upholstered in white vinyl and including a white protection cover
· Anchor locker within the watertight collision bulkhead forward, with rope and chain divider offset to starboard, with access from a hatch with heavy duty, stainless steel lockdown
· Teak table with hi/lo folding capabilities includes drink holders and a white protection cover · Wet bar to starboard includes double electric barbecue grill and plate units, ice-maker, sink, hot and cold tapware, rubbish bin and storage
· Salt and fresh water wash down faucets at anchor locker · Anchor safety strap
· Large opening rear awning window of tinted and tempered glass
· Vertical anchor winch with overload protection circuit breaker to suit rope and chain operated via up/down switches and with a remote to the helm
· Large fish locker built in to the cockpit floor with pump out capability, accessed through an anti-vibration hatch
· Bow rail in 316 marine grade stainless steel, highly polished, with mid safety wire and including flag staff and burgee
· Overhead flood lights, as well as LED overhead and courtesy lighting
· Heavy duty stainless steel bow roller fitted to the bowsprit
· Heavy duty stainless steel lock downs for lazarette storage and bilge access
· Stainless steel cleats 11’’ (8x), fairleads aft (2x) and pop up fender style cleats to the cockpit coaming (2x)
· Premium brand electric dua element cooktop with in built pop up fiddles to secure pots · Premium microwave convection oven · High end, high quality timber finish flooring · Rangehood · Thoughtful overhead LED lighting · Rod storage in overhead liners with two fold-down hatches · Solid surface bench top includes a sink cover that doubles as a cutting board, while the mixer tap conveniently swivels so you can wash down the adjacent self draining bin compartment · Storage cabinets and drawers below and above the bench top with positive locking hardware
Features and inclusions
Features and inclusions
· Luxurious internal furnishings with the finest fabrics and leathers, as well as premium brand appliances
· Premium upholstered leather helm and companion chairs with adjustable arm rests, with sports flip up cushions for bracing in rough seas
· Webasto sunroofs, opening side windows and massive front windows enhancing cross ventilation of fresh air and natural light
· Luxury sports inspired wrap around helm with drink holders and ultramodern navigation and systems monitoring technology as well as joystick for easy docking
· Convertible dinette table with manual hi/lo table operation and with rotating movement for conversion to a coffee table
· CZone LED display screen
· Safety hand rail is recessed into cushioned, upholstered headlining with timber accents
· Helm electronics area with 24VDC feed protected by main circuit breaker
· Overhead LED courtesy lighting
· Compass with backlight
· Drinks cabinet with two refrigerator drawer units forward and 1 x freezer drawer unit aft and with built in lockers for glass and bottle storage
· Dedicated switches for horn, wipers (with intermittent setting) overhead and navigation lights as well as engine start and stop function
· Huge windscreen and opening side windows bring in natural light and fresh air
· Electronic engine control unit, twin lever gear and throttle
· Reverse cycle air conditioners with electric heat, split to the galley · Plush pile carpet with high quality underlay · Front windscreen cover · Entertainment is via a large TV and sound system, stored out of the way in its own dedicated compartment to starboard. It rises elegantly and electrically at the touch of a button, and swings for viewing from every saloon seating position
· Anchor chain counter
· 12 volt accessory socket · Spotlight on hardtop with remote control at helm · Storage lockers and drawers · VHF radio including aerial · Visual and audible signal for bilge high water
ELECTRONICS · A comprehensive range of factory fitted electronic packages and custom features are available with everything from radar to underwater lights. Your dealer has full details.
Please refer to your Riviera representative for the latest inclusions and options
Optional storage bin, transom lounge and teak cockpit floor
MASTER STATEROOM OVERVIEW Features and inclusions · Queen sized walk around bed is supremely comfortable and features clever storage solutions including large under bed drawers with positive locking hardware and a huge locker under the innerspring mattress · Upholstered feature bed headboard · Two bed side tables · Four cedar lined hanging lockers with automatic LED lighting · Reverse cycle air conditioner with electric heat, split to ensuite · Plush pile carpet with high quality underlay · Reading and overhead courtesy lighting · Full length mirror · Large fixed hull window with roller blind · Opening porthole for fresh air, set in a strong stainless steel frame and alarmed to the helm in the event it is left open · Entertainment cabinet with flat screen integrated into Samsung home theatre system and storage below
excess water to drain quickly, ensuring that owners remain dry and comfortable. · Maximum privacy is assured — an overhead deck hatch brings in additional light and fresh air but, when required, an Oceanair block out screen slides across. · Backwater tank level indicator
Features and inclusions
· Overhead and vanity LED lighting
· Premium finish, contemporary styling in the guest bathroom, which doubles as the day head
· Timber locker door to storage under vanity · Freshwater flush toilet · Toilet roll holder and accessories · Towel rails
FORWARD VIP STATEROOM OVERVIEW Features and inclusions · Queen sized walk around bed with innerspring mattress and storage underneath · Two cedar lined hanging lockers to starboard with automatic LED lighting
Features and inclusions
· Cedar lined storage locker and shelving to port with automatic LED lighting
· The large frameless shower stall has a teak lined seat and showerhead on a slide bar · Bathroom floor is a high quality, non slip, timber finish platform enabling
· Entertainment is via an optional flatscreen TV and home theatre system
FORWARD VIP ENSUITE OVERVIEW
MASTER ENSUITE OVERVIEW
· Porcelain sink and premium quality mixer tap
· Reading and overhead LED courtesy lighting
· Air conditioning split from staterooms and extraction fan
· Upholstered feature headboard
· Luxurious design with solid surface bench top and above vanity mirror
· Two hatches with screens and blinds for privacy
· Storage cabinets outboard with positive locking hardware and gas strut support
· Solid surface bench top with above vanity mirror, porcelain sink and mixer tap · Timber locker door to under vanity storage · High quality, timber finish flooring · Overhead hatch with screen and blind for privacy · Overhead and vanity LED lighting · Shower stall with frameless glass door and shower head on slide bar · Fresh water flush toilet · Toilet roll holder and towel rails · Extraction fan
STARBOARD STATEROOM OVERVIEW Features and inclusions
· Long fixed hull windows for natural lighting
· Adult sized side by side bunk beds with centre bedside table
· Reverse cycle air conditioner with electric heat, split to day head
· Upholstered feature headboard
· Plush pile carpet with high quality, soft underlay
· Large fixed hull window with roller blind
Standard aft master stateroom
· Opening port hole alarmed to the helm in the event it is left open · Cedar lined hanging locker with lighting and shelving
· Reverse cycle air conditioner split from forward cabin
Features and inclusions
· Plush pile carpet with soft underlay · Reading and overhead courtesy lighting · Handcrafted storage cabinets with positive locking hardware · At the entrance to the cabin there’s a large and convenient storage compartment which accommodates an optional laundry centre or flatscreen TV with home theatre entertainment system
DAY HEAD OVERVIEW Features and inclusions · Premium finish, contemporary styling in the guest bathroom, which doubles as the day head · Solid-surface bench top with above vanity mirror, porcelain sink and mixer tap
· All through hull fittings on or below the water line are fitted with ball valves, all hoses are double clamps · All metallic hull fittings below the waterline are bonded to zinc anodes, including galvanic isolators · Bilge pumps — auto and manual override (4x)
· Sanitation system with switch at the helm for overboard pump out and deck fitting for dock side pump out, includes odour filter
ELECTRICAL OVERVIEW Features and inclusions
· Emergency fuel shut-off valves accessed from outside engine room
· Alternators — independent start bank, independent house bank and auxiliary bank
· Anti-vibration engine mounts
· Battery banks individually isolated
· Engine room flow-coated white and well lit with LED lighting
· Battery paralleling system provides increased reliability in the event that you are faced with a flat start battery bank
· Engine room ventilation system air intakes with mist eliminators and forced air pout of system · External and internal seawater strainers for main water intakes, engines, generator and air conditioning · Fire suppression system for engine room with automatic and manual controls
· Timber locker door to under-vanity storage
· Portable fire extinguishers (5x)
· High quality, timber finish flooring
· Fresh water AC heater
· Overhead hatch with screen and blind for privacy
· Fresh water system with total capacity of 750 litres (approx. 198 US gallons)
· Overhead and vanity LED lighting
· Fresh water tap and hose set in engine room
· Shower stall with frameless glass door and shower head on slide bar
· Fuel filters/ water separator for engines and generator
· Fresh water flush toilet
· Fuel lines all swaged
· Toilet roll holder and towel rails
Fuel tank gauge is linked to CZone and there is a sight gauge fitted to the tank ·
· Extraction fan
· Fuel tank GRP (ethanol resistant resin) and coated in fire retardant materials, 3500 litres (approx. 925 US gallons)
· Digital circuit control and protection incorporating ‘intelligent’ operation with user programmable usage modes, timer circuits, light dimming and circuit bypass, operational via conventional switches, signal set points as well as LCD display modules · Engine monitoring including instrumentation, alarms and hour meters · Generator — Onan EQD 13.5 kw/50Hz (17 kw/60Hz) with muffler, fresh watercooled including sound shield, remote stop/start electronic and hour meter · Inverter — 2.5kW to operate entertainment, 1 x Galley GPO and ice machine in the absence of generator shore power · Navigation — 2 x 15” Volvo Glass Bridge multi-function displays with integrated autopilot (does not include sounder or radar) · LED navigation lights to meet international standards · Wiring coded, numbered and assembled in looms where possible to ensure trouble free maintenance and repairs Please refer to your Riviera representative for the latest inclusions and options
Optional forward master stateroom
The Reassurance of owning a Riviera
What sets Riviera apart as one of the world’s great luxury motor yacht builders? Is it the devotion to quality, standard of materials used, the oceantested structural strength, unsurpassed ease of operation, or the stylish, handcrafted luxury finish? Or perhaps it’s the famous culture of care that transforms owners into the ‘Riviera family’. The answer is all of the above, and more. Much, much more. Over 38 years and the building of over 5300 luxury motor yachts, the 585-strong Riviera team have been on a continuous quest of evolution and refinement. This remarkable heritage of knowledge matched by innovation allows us to marry the best of the time proven with the exciting and new. Witness our introduction of cutting edge touch screen digital technology and joystick maneuverability, which make navigating and operating a Riviera and Belize luxury motor yacht a relaxed and enjoyable experience. Located on the Gold Coast, Queensland, our 14-hectare, state-ofthe-art manufacturing facility is the largest facility of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. From here we build on the notable Australian qualities of strength, practicality and love of water in the continent completely surrounded by three oceans and four seas. Then we test our designs in some of the toughest offshore conditions on earth. Hardly surprising that Riviera luxury motor yachts command impressive resale values worldwide.
Today, you can choose from five individual designs that make up our fabulous collection of luxury motor yachts, the Riviera Flybridge, SUV, Sport Yacht or Sports Motor Yacht models, along with our more traditional Belize Collection. All will withstand virtually anything the elements and you can put them through, with poise and ease. Naturally, we back this confidence with an industry-leading 5-year structural limited warranty. In addition, with all our Volvo Penta powered yachts, we offer a 5-year limited warranty covering helm station controls and multi-function displays, steering and propellers, plus pod drives and engines. Life is too short for needless compromise. So when it comes time to invest in your next dream motor yacht, why settle for a lesser option when you can enjoy all that makes up a Riviera.
Crafted with pride, with you in mind
Owner Care at Riviera and Belize is in a class of its own. Premium quality, professional and personal, it is all designed to be of the highest quality, in keeping with the world-class luxury motor yacht we are building specifically for you. Like thousands of other happy owners, we are confident your every experience of dealing with us and our global representative team from selecting your favoured options, electronics and decor, through to routine maintenance and repairs - will be conducted with the upmost respect and care. Our highly skilled team consult and partner with internationally acclaimed naval architects, designers and engineers to ensure we fully embrace the latest, most exciting industry standards and trends. Constant communication with the worldwide family of Riviera owners also plays a vital part in helping guide and inform our new model development program. All this pride in performance ensures Riviera will continue to exceed the evolving needs of discerning luxury motor yacht enthusiasts like you.
A marque of excellence
For nearly four decades the Riviera team have been preoccupied with the relentless pursuit of excellence. That means never being satisfied with the status quo, rather forever looking to improve and refine our knowledge base by embracing the latest technologies and work practices. All these endeavours are directed towards creating a superior luxury motor yacht experience for you. They have also garnered us enormous acclaim from the global boating industry along the way. Over the years Riviera have accumulated an impressive collection of local, national and international awards recognising ‘world’s best practice’ across the fields of education and training, employment, innovative manufacturing techniques, export, quality of workmanship and pioneering design. More than testimony to our passion for handcrafting superior luxury motor yachts, they are your assurance of ‘The Ultimate Boating Experience’ when you decide to own a Riviera.
Electronics and systems Electronics play an ever-increasing role in maximising the pleasure and safety of luxury motor yachts, and the choice of equipment that is available today is vast. Selecting the equipment that meets your needs can be a very challenging task — and Riviera’s electronics experts are here to assist. We source the best systems from around the world, we help match technology to individual requirements and work closely with Riviera’s international representative network to create systems that maximise your boating pleasure.
Riviera Genuine Parts and Accessories
Our passion for quality and practical design is reflected in our exclusive and growing range of clothing, accessories and décor items created to enhance your time afloat. If you love your Riviera, you’ll feel right at home with the Riviera Collection — an extensive range of casual, stylish, comfortable, practical equipment, clothing and accessories. The Accessory and Décor collection ranges from storm jackets to stylish crockery. To make your Riviera truly your own, we offer a wide range of fabrics, finishes and colour schemes that enable you to personalise your motor yacht. Of course our experienced design team is always available to advise and assist you with your individual selection. RivieraParts.com.au
The Riviera Experience
There’s nothing quite like the exhilaration of blue-water cruising in company to remind our valued owners why they are so passionate about the rich and rewarding Riviera luxury life afloat. For these are the types of passages that build the confidence and skills for people to use their yachts to their full potential, that create the very special memories that last a lifetime, and, importantly, are often the catalyst for long-lasting friendships. Together, members of our growing global family of Riviera and Belize owners enjoy many special cruising experiences to idyllic destinations around the world — safe in the knowledge that experienced skippers and engineers are always close at hand. We invite you to join with us for these special experiences — either to stretch your sea legs and gain offshore cruising confidence, or to simply enjoy the company of like-minded people who share an appreciation for the truly unique Riviera life.
Riviera 525 SUV
525 SUV Specifications with Zeus or IPS
Our care for your information
S P EC I F I C AT I O N S
Length Overall (inc. swim platform and bow sprit)
Hull Length (Lh to ISO8666) * Beam (inc. gunwale) Maximum Draft (inc. props) Dry Weight (approx.) ** Fuel Capacity *** Water Capacity *** Holding Tank Capacity *** Sleeping Capacity Cockpit Area Mezzanine Deck Total Bridge Clearance Engine Options Volvo Penta D11-IPS800 x 2 Volvo Penta D11-IPS950 x 2 *Specifications may vary on a regional basis.
16.15 m 5.01 m 1.30 m 22,800 kg 3,500 L 750 L 400 L 6 persons 8.5 m2 2.47 m2 10.97 m2 3.89 m
53’ 16’ 5” 4’ 3” 50,300 lb 925 US gal 198 US gal 106 US gal 91.5 ft2 26.6 ft2 118.1 ft2 12’ 9”
460 kW 533 kW
626 hp each 725 hp each
* Length of the hull (Lh) to ISO8666: Includes all structural and integral parts (ie. the moulded length of the hull). It excludes parts that can be removed in a non-destructive manner without affecting the structural integrity of the craft, (eg. pulpits, outdrives, driving platforms, rubbing strakes). ** Dry weight represents the estimated minimum weight of a yacht with standard engines and options, no fuel or water on board, no equipment or provisions and no personnel. The stated dry weight may be exceeded. *** Denotes net tank capacity. For useable capacity do not rely on more than 90% of tank capacity. Actual capacity will vary according to yacht trim and sea state. Speeds are subject to normal weather conditions, fuel and/or water levels, passengers and equipment loads.
Due to the constant refinement of specifications and design by Riviera Australia, the information in this document may change without notice. Specifications may vary with time and by region. Some images or illustrations in this brochure may include options or custom details. Please note that as safety equipment specifications or standards vary by country, this aspect of your purchase will need to be completed by yourself and or your Riviera representative. Please refer to your Riviera representitive for specific warranty cover and the latest detailed list of inclusions and options prior to purchase.
The Evolution of Australiaâ€™s Riviera - Since 1980
2018 - 395 SUV
2017 - 72 Sports Motor Yacht
2017 - 68 Sports Motor Yacht
2016 - 4800 Sport Yacht
2016 - 575 SUV
2016 - 5400 Sport Yacht
2015 - 57 Enclosed Flybridge
2013 - 63 Open Flybridge
2013 - 50 Enclosed Flybridge
2012 - 445 SUV
2012 - 75 Enclosed Flybridge
2012 - Belize 54 Daybridge
2011 - Belize 54 Sedan
2011 - 4400 Sport Yacht SII
2009 - 3600 Sport Yacht SII
2008 - 61 Enclosed Flybridge SI
2008 - 56 Open Flybridge
2008 - 51 Enclosed Flybridge SII
2008 - 48 Offshore Express
2008 - 4400 Sport Yacht
2008 - 38 Open Flybridge
2005 - 47 Enclosed Flybridge
2005 - 3600 Sport Yacht SI
2004 - M400 Sport Cruiser
2004 - 51 Open Flybridge
2004 - 33 Open Flybridge
2003 - 58 Enclosed Flybridge
2003 - 47 Open Flybridge SII
2000 - M3350 Open Flybridge
1999 - 3000 Offshore SII
1999 - M3850 Open Flybridge
1999 - 3000 Offshore SI
1998 - 48 Enclosed Flybridge SII
1998 - 36 Open Flybridge Single Cab
1997 - 34 Open Flybridge
1993 - 36 Open Flybridge Twin Cab
1992 - 48 Open Flybridge
1991 - 42 Open Flybridge
1991 - 39 Open Flybridge
1989 - 44 Diavalo
1989 - 27 Targa
1989 - 27 Hardtop
1985 - 52 Open Flybridge
1985 - 46 Open Flybridge
1984 - 32 Open Flybridge
1983 - 34 Open Flybridge MK I
1983 - 44 Open Flybridge
1982 - 30 Open Flybridge
1982 - 30 Sedan
2015 - 52 Enclosed Flybridge
2015 - 525 SUV
2015 - 77 Enclosed Flybridge
2014 - 6000 Sport Yacht
2014 - 515 SUV
2013 - 565 SUV
2013 - 63 Enclosed Flybridge
2011 - 61 Enclosed Flybridge SII
2011 - 53 Enclosed Flybridge
2010 - 43 Open Flybridge
2009 - 5000 Sport Yacht
2009 - 70 Enclosed Flybridge
2009 - 5800 Sport Yacht
2009 - 43 Offshore Express
2007 - M470 Sport Cruiser
2007 - 4700 Sport Yacht
2007 - 45 Open Flybridge
2007 - 41 Open Flybridge
2006 - 56 Enclosed Flybridge
2005 - M360 Sport Cruiser
2005 - 60 Enclosed Flybridge
2003 - 42 Open Flybridge
2002 - M370 Sport Cruiser
2002 - M290 Sport Cruiser
2002 - 47 Open Flybridge SI
2001 - M430 Sport Cruiser
2001 - 37 Open Flybridge
2000 - 40 Open Flybridge
1997 - 4000 Offshore Enclosed
1997 - 4000 Offshore Open
1996 - 43 Open Flybridge
1996 - 40 Open Flybridge Aft Cab
1996 - 39 Open Flybridge
1995 - 3300 Open Flybridge
1993 - 48 Enclosed Flybridge SI
1989 - 33 Open Flybridge
1988 - 52 Enclosed Flybridge
1987 - 35 Open Flybridge
1987 - 34 Diavalo
1987 - 33 Open Flybridge
1987 - 27 Open Flybridge
1986 - 38 Open Flybridge MK II
1980 - 38 Open Flybridge MK I
Riviera 525 SUV brochure