* Marissa Hayes Visual Communications June 12th 2013
* This is my final project in Visual Communications, it is my Photojournalism project. My photojournalism assignment had to be on a teenager doing something good in his/her community, so I took pictures of my friend, Emma, playing basketball. She plays for the Shamrocks and it is an AAU team. I used her playing basketball for my photojournalism assignment because she is doing something good in her community; she is playing on a team sport, and participating in something positive. As you look through this photojournalism project, you will see a story being told about Emma, doing something she loves in her community, and all the pictures I took of her in action, working hard, and being a team player. This is the Extraordinary Emma. I hope you like this photojournalism project about Emma and my pictures of her playing basketball.
* Emma before the game starts. She is warming up with her teammates, taking layups and shooting around, getting loose and stretching.
* Emma playing defense after the game has started; full court pressing.
* Emma standing on the foul line after getting fouled, catching her breath.
* Emma playing on offense trying to score, calling for the ball, and posting up behind her opponent.
* * Emma fighting for the
basketball, taking it out of the other teammates hands, being aggressive.
* Emma taking a foul shot.
* Emma running down the court.
Emma being a pointgaurd and dribbling the ball up the court.
* Emma receiving a pass, being wide open in front of the hoop with nobody covering her.
Emma sitting with her teammates after a successful win.