How To Get Everyone In Your Family Couponing Having the whole family involved in couponing is very important. Your family members may not be as enthusiastic about couponing as you in the beginning, but there are ways you can change it. Couponing is all about commitment and consistency and having your family involved makes it a lot easier. Pleasing all your family members and saving money is quite a feast. They might grumble at first because they are missing out on their favorite snacks or meals, but they will come around. Shopping with coupons is not easy and it changes the way you shop, which is way not everyone does it. Here are a few ideas on how to get your family excited and involved with couponing.
1. Start A Conversation You need to sit down and have a conversation with your spouse and children about money, and the way you are going to try and save money by using coupons. Children (and husbands) need to understand that in an effort to save money, they are not going to be getting everything that they are used to. If the family as a unit is aware of the financial implications they will be more willing to make sacrifices where ever needed.
2. Set Down A Budget Setting a budget for your monthly grocery budget is a good step. Once the budget has been set, you can then look at how you might be able to slip in a few of the items that your family has sacrificed. A good idea is to set aside a little money each week for special items.
3. Make Couponing Fun The more fun you make couponing, the more your family will participate. Making a reward is a great way to get the family involved. Agree to use the money you save every month by couponing on a family vacation, or something you have always wanted as a family but could never afford. www.extremecouponingtips.org
If you have young children, make clipping and sorting coupons a fun activity that you can do together. Older children can help you search for coupons and special deals online; they can help with the shopping lists and even help you start up your stockpile.
4. Keep Everyone Informed If you are working towards a special reward with the money you are saving, make an effort to keep your family updated on the progress. Making a chart is one way of doing this. Staying enthusiastic about the project and talking about it often will keep it real in their minds.
5. Agree To Be Open About Trying New Things Using coupons is going to expose you to a lot of new products as those are the ones that most often get promoted by both the stores and the manufacturer. Giving up your favorite brand is hard, but agree to try another brand at least once. If you donâ€™t like it, you donâ€™t have to buy it again.
6. Put Priorities In Place Decide as a family on what products you are willing to save on (using coupons and sales) and what products you simply cannot live without. Save money on the products that you are not so fussy about, like toothpaste and laundry detergent. If you care about saving money, and your family is on board, there is no limit to how much you can save on your monthly grocery bill.
Published on Aug 28, 2011
Published on Aug 28, 2011
Having the whole family involved in couponing is very important. Your family members may not be as enthusiastic about couponing as you in t...