A dinner and auction to benefit
Event Schedule 5:30pm
Social Silent Auction Opens
1st Silent Auction Table Closes
2nd Silent Auction Table Closes
Welcome & Introductions
Live Auction Dessert, Dancing and Music
On behalf of the lives you are changing, thank you for your support and friendship!
Live Auction 1. Profess Your Love of Wine Enjoy some of the best west coast merlots with WSU’s Director of Viticulture and Enology, Thomas HenickKling. This fun and educational evening for 6 takes place at the home of Reading Foundation Board Member and Assistant Vice Chancellor Dr. Liza Nagel. Henick-Kling has been honored nationally and internationally for his work, including the New York Wine & Grape Foundation’s Wine Industry Research Award. Fair Market Value (FMV): $500.
Thank you Liza Nagel, Thomas Henick-Kling and Washington State University!
2. Personal Shopping Experience Treat yourself to a weekend getaway and revamp your wardrobe! This package includes a gas card to get you to Seattle, accommodations at a Starwood Hotel, dinner at one of famous Seattle Chef Tom Douglas’s restaurants—which include Lola and Palace Kitchen—and expert advice from personal stylist Leslie Umagat to help you amplify your style. FMV: $500. Thank you Jessica Blankenship, Marilee
Eerkes, Trent & Elizabeth Thompson, Leslie Umagat, Tom Douglas!
3. Gourmet Pizza Experience Learn the secrets of handcrafted gourmet pizza from celebrity chef Frank Russo. Gather up to 12 friends for a taste of Italy with all the comforts of home! You will enjoy making your own pizza pies from authentic Italian ingredients while sipping carefully paired Anelare wines. Enjoy the personal attention and vibrant personality of this amazing chef. Don’t miss out on this truly unique experience! Dinner must be scheduled by 12/31/2012 and redeemed by 6/30/2013. FMV: $1,000. Thank you Frank & Maryann
Russo, Dale & Suzanne Heaston and Anelare! 4. Red Fender Autographed Guitar Be the envy of your friends with a Red Fender autographed guitar with signatures from the members of the Rolling Stones. This item is sure to be a conversation piece and would make a great gift for the music fan in your life. Don’t miss this opportunity to own a valuable collector’s item!
Provided by Friends of the Reading Foundation.
5. The Best of WSU Enjoy some of the best activities Washington State University has to offer. Start with a post-Thanksgiving adventure to Pullman to watch the Cougars of WSU take on the University of Washington Huskies in the annual Apple Cup (4 tickets) and take home an autographed Mike Leach WSU football helmet as a souvenir. After the snow melts, plan on heading back with three friends for some golf at Palouse Ridge Golf Club, rated in the top three of Golfweekâ€™s Campus Courses. Spend an hour in lessons with head golf pro, Jeremy Wexler, then hit the links to test your skills (greens fees and carts included). After a successful day on the course, head over to Palouse Falls Brewing to get a tour and taste some of the amazing microbrews. No need to drive home as this experience includes an overnight stay in a suite at the Holiday Inn. FMV: $1,200. Thank you Jeremy & Dita
Wexler, Orman Blankenship!
6. Luau in the Tri-Cities Savor the traditional foods and experience the culture of the Hawaiian Islands poolside at a luau presented by Reading Foundation board members! Sip Mai Tais and enjoy the flavors of Hawaii, including tropical Pupus (appetizers), Kahlua pig, teriyaki chicken and decadent Hula Pie. This package is for up to 12 guest! Redeem by September 14, 2013. FMV: $1,200. Thank you Childrenâ€™s Reading Foundation
7. Expand Your Wine Collection Savor the flavors of the friends of the Children’s Reading Foundation! Take home a wide selection of premium wines in a 32-bottle wine refrigerator. Many of the bottles are signed by the Friends of the Children’s Reading Foundation. FMV: $1,500.
Thank you Friends
of the Reading Foundation! 8. Paradise Vacation Experience one week in a tropical paradise at Paniolo Greens Resort in Waikoloa! Located on the Kohala Coast, you’ll enjoy captivating mountains as the Paniolo Greens is a lush, tropical retreat deep in the heart of the Big Island. It’s perfect for romantic getaways, family vacations, reunions and golf outings. This 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom fully furnished condominium acts as a home-away-from-home. The resort features a spa, exercise facility, on-site activities such as Hula lessons, tennis, horse shoes, swimming and more! Reserve as soon as possible for travel by December 31, 2012 Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks are available! FMV: $1,000.
you Suzanne and Dale Heaston!
9. Mid-Columbia Wine Excursion Enjoy Red Mountain wineries as you and six friends take a private tour to some of the finest wineries in our region with knowledgeable experts! Wine Press Northwest’s Andy Perdue will be your guide as you taste some of the area’s best wines! Please make arrangements at least one month in advance. Date will be mutually agreed upon by all wineries. FMV: $1,000. Thank you Andy Perdue!
10. Hells Canyon Boat Tour Start the day off with bloody marys and cinnamon rolls before boarding the boat to ride the rapids of Hell’s Canyon with 6-8 of your friends. Midway through the day you will stop to enjoy a fresh grilled lunch and drinks on a scenic beach. Guests will have the opportunity to kayak the whitewater and/ or fish as they take in the scenery and history of the Hell’s Canyon National Recreation Area. Must be scheduled by 12/31/12. Suggested excursion dates between August and October 2013 for best weather. FMV: $2,500. Thank you Devan
& Amy Clements and Jessica & Mark Blankenship!
11. Phenomenal Fountain Be the proud owner of this beautiful 3-tiered beige-colored cement fountain by Gamache Nursery is majestic and eye catching. This impressive water feature blends in to any landscaping design as if Mother Nature selected the fountain herself! Don’t worry about getting it home as delivery is included. Thank you Gamache
Landscaping! 12. Autographed Sunburst Guitar Christmas is just around the corner, and if you have a musician in the family a Sunburst Guitar autographed by the band members of Pearl Jam would be the gift that tops them all! No one to buy for? Don’t forget to include yourself on Santa’s list!
Provided by Friends of the Reading Foundation.
13. Guided Fishing Trip for Four Tired of only bringing home stories about ’the one that got away?’ Let the experts be your guide as you and three of your friends embark out of a 23’ Alumaweld boat equipped with comfortable seating, the latest electronics, UHF radios and life jackets for everyone on board. Your guides will supply bait, tackle and other fishing items developed by leaders in the fishing industry! Trips are offered year round, from the vast mouth of the Columbia River to pristine Hell’s Canyon in Idaho. Big Rods Guide Service trips are based on the fish in season. Arrangements must be made at least a month in advance for an agreed upon date. Expires 9/15/13. FMV: $700. Thank you Bryan Bell!
14. Winemakers Dinner with John Bookwalter Enjoy dinner with winemaker John Bookwalter as you taste current releases as well as barrel samples for up to 8 people. This winemakers dinner is a truly unique experience and one you and your friends are sure to enjoy! Redeem by 9/14/13. FMV: $1,500.
Thank you Bookwalter Winery and John Bookwalter! 15. Mt. Hood Family & Friends Getaway Wyâ€™East Log Lodge is a spacious and grand log home on 2 secluded acres with breathtaking views of Mount Hood from the great room. This custom home, features a spacious and well-appointed kitchen with top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances, a gas range and breakfast nook with views of Clear Creek. Plenty of room for up to 9 people to enjoy a vacation together. The master suite has a king bed and romantic attached bath with a soaker tub. Two additional bedrooms feature queen beds and guests can also sleep on a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Relax with a complimentary bottle of Leonetti wine in the Oregon Hot Springs hot tub on the deck while you take in the sights and sounds of nature. Two nights lodging to be used by November 15, 2012. FMV: $1,200.
Thank you Art King and Lura Powell!