APRIL 2018 , NEWSLETTER
WORLDCUP IS COMING ! "HOW BRANDS CAN OWN WORLDCUP MOMENT?" CREATED BY : MINDSHARE INDONESIA TEAM
"Ideas that begin and end with media" -Mindshare
PAGE 1 PAGE 1
WORLDCUP IS COMING ! MUST KNOW TRENDS & OPPORTUNITIES FOR BRANDS DURING WORLDCUP
OWN THE MOMENT : TV PERFORMANCE & STRATEGIES DURING WORLDCUP LEARN FROM EURO 2016 AND BUILD UP STRATEGIES FOR WORLDCUP
INDONESIAN AUDIENCES DURING WORLD CUP PERIOD WHAT TYPICAL INDONESIAN CONSUMERS DURING WORLD CUP, AND HOW BRANDS CAN APPROACH THEM?
THINK OUT OF THE BOX : CONTENT IDEATION DURING WORLDCUP SEE BUNCH OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR BRANDS TO EXPLORE DURING WORLD CUP
MOMENT TO ANTICIPATE
WORLDCUP IS COMING ! : TRENDS & OPPORTUNITIES THAT BRAND SHOULD KNOW DURING WORLDCUP Worldcup will started on 14 June 2018, Mindshare has to gather insights for the world cup, so brands can own this moment. These are trends and opportunities that brands can take a consideration for strategies during world cup : 1. World Cup is The Hypest Sports Moment on Universe
Opportunities for Brands : Brands that targeting male audiences can create media asset to welcoming world cup before the opening ceremony really happen.
3. World Cup > Presidential Election
There are no other Sports events that can capture attention as big as FIFA World Cup. Based on Google Trend's Insight FIFA World Cup 2014 Outpacing every sports moment on both Google & Youtube Search volume. Even if, Indonesia scored a good achievement on Olympics, Sea Games, and Asians games but that’s doesn’t get enough attention from Indonesian, compared to World Cup Opportunities for Brands: By knowing this, brands should consider world cup as a moment to tap in.
2. Biggest Attention Not Came to Final Match During its peak, FIFA World Cup 2014 outpacing “Jokowi” and “Prabowo” in terms of search volume. This thing probably will happen again this year, but since the presidential election will happen in 2019, these are a good information that brands should know that world cup moment is that huge as a moment to tap in. People may think that the biggest attention during world cup moment is during the final match. But the data by google trends have shown that the biggest attention happened during the world cup's opening ceremony.
Opportunities for Brands : Indonesians see that presidential election moment is so noisy, but world cup is more than that moment. Using guerilla marketing with the right distribution of content is a good idea to elevate word of mouth during this moment. 1
MOMENT TO ANTICIPATE 4. Music Spreading World Cup’s Hype (to Everyone Else)
6. Digital Opportunities : Things that Brands Can Do in Digital Space
World Cup Opening Ceremony it’s totally not about football. Music and celebrity are an integral part of World Cup Opening Ceremony. This fact probably an answer why the opening is having the biggest attention compare to final.
These day is getting tougher to tell brands story to our consumers, especially when it comes to getting more reach with more efficiency in budget spending.
Opening Ceremony, along with FIFA World Cup official anthem, plays a huge role in expanding World Cup hyp to everyone else. Jason Derulo will sing the official anthem for FIFA World 2018. Opportunities for Brands : Creating music or jingle that focusing on welcoming the world cup is a good idea for brands.
5. Increasing in Footbal Game Players and Average Time Spent
Mindshare has compiled digital opportunities that brands can use to make brands advertising budget spent more efficient. These things below are the things that brands can do in digital : 6.1 Reach Audience while They Looking For World Cup Information People tend to search with a specific keyword for world cup updates and information. These are opportunities for brands to target audiences with specific keywords, For Example : -General keywords (match, opening, jersey) -Name (Player, Team, Coach, singer, etc) --Place (Stadium, Bar, etc) -Moments related (specific match, opening, foul, celebration) -And Other relevant keywords... 6.2 Twitter & TV Sync: Synchronize What Happen On Field with Our Social Media Campaign Syncing Twitter activation with TVC Ads results in the better impact on both medium, either in ad recall or awareness
Based on our data, during Major Football event, people tend to spend more time on mobile gaming, especially football-themed mobile games. During Worldcup, probably this trend will happen again, and the increases either in time spent or consumers that playing the football game on their phone are also increasing in vast numbers. Opportunities for Brands : For Brands that targeting male audiences can place their ads in a Football game should be a consideration.
For Example, We can Sync our social media ads With: GOAL Scored Half Time Break, injury time Match End, Win, Lose, Draw Free Kick, Foul, Card, Extra Time Brand Ambassador do Penalty Shootout etc 6.3 Important Dates: Maximum Impressions during Crucial Days If brands consider tapping in World Cup moment make sure that brands have marked several crucial dates like Opening Ceremony (16 June), Third Place Playoff (14 July), Final (15 July), & Highlights / Review (16 July). During these time, the brand can maximum their impressions by using Ultra, Youtube Masthead, and Twitter First Views Video
INDONESIAN AUDIENCES DURING WORLD CUP PERIODÂ Â
There are many ways to approach consumers, and it applies to World Cup also. But how brands can tell the way they built their stories during World Cup? Mindshare has differentiated World Cup supporters based on their behaviour during World Cup, below are the explanation :
1. The "Not Interested at All" Audiences
3. The "Steady & Involved " Audiences
" Meh... It is just a bunch of people that chasing ball nothing special about it."
" GOAAAAALL !!! OLE OLE OLE! World Should Know About This !!! *Post in their Social Media*."
Most of them consist of Female and WHH Audiences, that see a football match just an ordinary sport and nothing more.
Indonesian People that claimed that they're football fans mostly fall into this category, they tend to share whats happening in the football match, and also rarely miss watching their favorite team match on TV.
Brands Approach: Using World Cup stuff won't engage them as a Consumers, instead try to find their core value and built story around it.
2. The "A Bit Curious and Casual" Audiences
Brands Approach: Using World Cup gimmick are easy works out for them because they love to share and talk to their friends about whats happening during World Cup. Some of them may that ambitious to follow quiz that brands held in the change to go to watch live the World Cup.
4. The "Fanatic Lunatic" Audiences
" Well... I've no idea why I watch / following World Cup, I'm not that like it though., But at least I do it for social status. " In short, these typical consumers watch World Cup because so many people are talking about it, and they try to catch up the trend by knowing this so they can catch up the conversation with their friends or peer. Brands Approach: They're not that often watching all World Cup match, but they often search the news what's the last match result. Brands can consider to place their ads in Sports Publisher and also TVC. Mindshare has created a bunch of ideation for content please check our last article in this newsletter.
" Watch World Cup on the TV? Lame. I Prefer to Watch it Live !! " These are the rarest audiences that we will find in Indonesia, they prefer to watch the World Cup Live rather than watch it on TV. One thing for sure they're so having a big budget for entertainment spending. Brands Approach: These are the hardest audience to Influence, they can choose whatever product that they want. Brands need to research what value they have and serve ads based on what they interest at.
OWN THE MOMENT : TV PERFORMANCE & STRATEGIES DURING WORLDCUP World Cup is a celebrated sports moment on earth, and since Indonesia is a TV Country, especially when it comes to market FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) products. Brands should have effective media buying during World Cup, Mindshare has compiled media buying strategy based on the past TV Performance during Football Event (Euro 2016), These are Insights that we found :
1. Euro 2016 Lifted the Overall Performance
In May 2016 Before the Euro Cup. Drama series was owning the television channel. The program like Anak Jalanan (6.5 TVR), Tukang Bubur Naik Haji (4,1), and Dangdut Academy (4 TVR) were successfully own most male audience attention in May 2016. But When Euro Started, the top program was replaced by the match and it lifted up the TVR more than 30% growth by the time the euro match airing on television.
2. WHH and Female stick to those programs that really reflected to them
World Cup might be the most celebrated sports moment on earth, but according to the data based on Nielsen Arianna TV Performance for female / WHH during Euro 2016 was not that significantly change. Female / WHH Tend to watch programs like series or drama, based on these we can predict that during World Cup this kind of audience will do the same as well.
3. Utilize Brand’s Official’s Twitter Account to Support the on Air and Online Campaign
Live conversation during Worldcup often happen on Twitter, and these are the opportunities for brands that targeting Male audiences. Brands should consider using their official Twitter account to support their campaign during World Cup moment
4. Campaign Opportunities during Worldcup There are many opportunities that brands can tap in during world, there are certain of them : 4.1 Live & Re-Run Match : Brands can tap-in by placing their ads on television during 14 June - 15 July 2018, there are about 64 matches that will happen during World Cup 4.2 Off Air Activision : There many place the held World Cup " Nonton Bareng" and Roadshow, brands can tap in by sponsoring this kind of events. 4.3 Digital Activision : Brands should consider utilizing articles, user engagement, and Trivia Quiz. Brands will have such a high engagement if know how to play it well
THINK OUT OF THE BOX : CONTENT IDEATION DURING WORLDCUP How far have Brands explored opportunities for a moment? World Cup happen once in four years, knowing this Mindshare Team has done research and compile many opportunities that brands can use to tap in during World Cup..
1. WAGs – talk about beauty and make up
3. OOTD World Cup Inspired
Opportunities for Brands : Brands that Targeting Female Audiences
Opportunities for Brands : Brands that Targeting Female Audiences
OOTD World Cup (Link) Wags (Link)
2. Highlighting “Hot Players” and his journey/looks from time to time Opportunities for Brands : Brands that Targeting Female Audiences
Hot Players (Link)
4. Owning Key moments like penalty, goal, or another emotional moment Opportunities for Brands : Brands that Targeting Male Audiences
OOTD World Cup (Link)
CONTENT 5. Create and react to special/predicted moment
8. Opportunities for WHH: “Watch at Home moments”
Opportunities for Brands : Brands that Targeting Male Audiences
Opportunities for Brands : Brands That Targeting Male Female 15+ Audiences
Watch at Home Recipe (Link)
9. “Nobar” tradition – either die hard fans or just casual watcher Agility Moment (Link)
6. “Getting The [INSERT FOOTBALLER NAME HERE] Look”: Male-Grooming to help men get look (hair, fashion, body) inspired by selected footballers.
Opportunities for Brands :Brands that Targeting Male Audiences
Opportunities for Brands : Brands That Targeting Male Audiences
Nonton Bareng "Nobar" (Link)
10. Highlighting the people that matters the most: SUPPORTERS Opportunities for Brands: Brands that targeting Male Audiences Hair Tutorial David Beckham (Link)
7. Meme related to unforgettable moment : Opportunities for Brands : Brands That Targeting Male Female 15+ Audiences
Brands can highlighting supporter by using Parody, Interactive Articles, Listicles. These are certain ideation by Mindshare : 10.1 Parody a. Typical Football Supporter b. Typical Indonesian Nobar Supporter c. Nobar: Expectation vs Reality 10.2 Interactive Articles : a.What kind of football supporter are you? b.Which football club are you based on your favorite food?
Hair Tutorial David Beckham (Link)
10.3 Listicles a. 17 Nobar Supporters Habit, no.10 will make you laugh. b. 18 List Nobar Place for any Region