Target Training Around the World
Welcome to our June newsletter
It has been an exciting time for Target Training Associates. Our courses are more popular than ever and we are relishing the opportunity to deliver even more first-class training throughout the UK and beyond. Naturally, as we all eagerly await the onset of summer, there is plenty of scope for planning ways in which to enhance our career progression in the months ahead. We look at the useful ways in which Target can help, from offering excellent new qualifications to giving handy tips about presentations. We enjoy doing everything we can to support our clients in their professional lives. Our newsletter is a great way for you to catch up with the latest developments at Target Training and we look forward to bringing you more up-to-the-minute news over the coming months. All the best, Ralph Moody Founder, Target Training Associates Ltd
We have had a fantastic year so far, due in part to the growth of our training programmes overseas. There has been increased demand for our services in Malaysia and the Lebanon and we have even more courses planned in Europe, the Lebanon, Malaysia and Dubai throughout this year. Upcoming overseas courses include:
18th June International PTT Train the Trainer in Amsterdam 28th October International PTT Train the Trainer in Kuala Lumpur 31st October Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Understanding Preference in Kuala Lumpur â€Ś plus many more are planned so please keep checking our Course Finder for details. Just a few weeks ago our founder and MD, Ralph Moody returned from an extremely successful trip to the Lebanon where he led an in-house PTT Train the Trainer course. The feedback was excellent and the experience reinforced
our desire to promote the services of Target Training Associates abroad, wherever they may be required. Maintaining an international presence is very important to us. In the age of the global economy, we understand that the most effective skills can be applied to professional lives wherever they may be based in the world. We are proud to be able to offer courses not only in the UK but far beyond, as this both dovetails with our values as an organisation and provides an invaluable resource for our overseas clients. In order to find out more about our overseas courses or to discuss a bespoke course for your organisation abroad, please do not hesitate to contact us on +44 (0) 1665 605695 or email info@ targettrg.co.uk.
Target Training Associates Approved by ILM for Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management - by Bryan Shendon We are delighted to announce that the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) has recently granted us their approval to offer the Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management. This respected organisation, the UK’s largest management body, oversees the standards of industry-leading qualifications and their welcome seal of approval enables us to launch this wellregarded qualification for the benefit of our clients.
What is this qualification? The Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management has been designed to enhance the skills of practising and potential senior managers. This is primarily aimed at those who have significant responsibility and a high degree of autonomy for deploying resources and achieving strategic goals across an organisation. The course will allow participants to hone and enhance their skills, which
supports their work in a senior strategic management capacity.
strategic business plans, and leading innovation.
At Target Training Associates, we recognise the need to offer clear deliverables on each of our diverse courses. With the Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management, learners will take three mandatory units, covering:
Assessment for this qualification is comprised of a range of work-based submissions, from observation and discussion to statements and delivery of plans and reports.
• The development of strategic business plans
Benefits for Attendees • Focus on organisational performance and strategy
• The strategic direction and leadership
• Demonstrate and develop strategic
• Leading change within an
• Enhance your ability to manage
In addition to these units, the diploma can be tailored to individual needs with further optional units. These cover a wide range of high-level skills and specialist knowledge, including raising finance for an organisation, designing and managing business processes, implementing
• Close your skills gaps and develop
of an organisation organisation.
resources, information and operations at senior level specialist expertise
• Get a recognised qualification for your formal professional development.
Benefits for Employers • Senior managers with proven
competence and business acumen
• Excellent route for developing future leaders and succession planning
• Optional units mean the qualification can be tailored to specific organisational needs
• Promote a culture of organisational learning and development.
Find Out More
For full details about this Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Management qualification please contact Target Training Associates on +44 (0) 1665 605695 or email info@ targettrg.co.uk. For further information about the Institute of Leadership & Management please visit Learn With ILM.
Target Training Associates will develop individuals within your business into inspired, motivated leaders and managers
JUNE 2013 Target’s Top 5 Tips Using PowerPoint
Give Your Training Skills An Upgrade
Each month we will bring you handy tips that will enhance your professional life. This month we look at the best way to use PowerPoint:
1. Don't overuse it PowerPoint is an extremely useful tool, but don’t overwhelm your audience with too many slides, also known as ‘death by PowerPoint’. It should complement what you are saying and not rule the roost.
We are very well known for offering a first-class PTT Train the Trainer course. Many delegates come to us to maximise their skills and for those who have experience we highly recommend that they attend the Advanced PTT Train the Trainer Course.
2. Think ‘B button’
3. Keep it simple
The Advanced PTT Train the Trainer Course offer a positive next step in enhancing training skills. The 2-day ILM-accredited course covers:
• Advanced structuring • Advanced facilitating skills • In depth psychology of delivery • Mentoring and support What’s different from the standard course? The major difference is that Advanced PTT Train the Trainer explores the psychology involved using spatial anchoring and embedded questioning. Additionally, it gives a deeper understanding of training structure, including the advanced use of aims and objectives. Reasoning is one of the fascinating topics covered. When we use this technique, we can reason with individuals so they work out the answers. This is a fundamental part of our ‘show not tell’ philosophy and is borne out in the best forms of education - think back to the most effective teachers at school and the chances are they used reasoning.
Using the B button on your keyboard blanks the projector, which is a handy tip that ensures you won't inadvertently provide a screen show. Each slide should be clear and cleanly presented. Don't make them too busy with too much complex information. Stick to a few key points, with shortbut-sweet wording.
4. Introduce bullet points one at a time Run through each point in a gradual manner that is easy to follow, not all at once.
5. Don’t get too fancy
Beware of elaborate transitions, unnecessary gimmicks and music. Always consider the people having to go through it and keep it user-friendly.
Find out more To learn more about our outstanding Advanced PTT Train the Trainer Courses, please contact Target Training Associates on +44 (0) 1665 605695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further detailed information visit our website at www.targettrg.co.uk Tel: +44 (0) 1665 605695 or e-mail email@example.com