Saturday, June 7, 2014 Published by J-Ad Graphics, Inc. Phone (269) 945-9554 1351 North M-43 Highway • Hastings, MI 49058-0188
he more things change, the more they stay the same, at least in the Lakewood community, where local farmers come together to support one of their own, as 10 farmers bring their equipment to a farm in Woodland to plant close to 800 acres of soy beans for Dave and Darlene Niethamer. Organizer Randy Durkee said “it’s just what we do,” when a neighbor needs help. Dave is temporarily confined to a wheelchair, after an abdominal aortic aneurysm ruptured back in February. Some of the more than 30 friends and neighbors who helped get the job done took time to pose for a photo. Pictured are (front row, from left) Mike Haskin, Ben Stowell, Dan Armbruster, Roy Wise, Corey Brodbeck, Dave Niethamer, Kyle Brodbeck, Dutch Cappon, Gary Smith, (middle) Clint Hoppes, Jeff Morton, Kevin Brodbeck, Mark Niethamer, Owen Brodbeck, Jack Altoft, Jim Stowell, Pam Carpenter, Jim Wickham, (back) Randy Durkee, Bob Baker, Ron Coats, Tim Brodbeck, Terry Fry, Dave Makley, Curt Wells, Brian Haskin, Bill Bosworth and Brenda Armbruster.
5. NEW LISTING 3 bedroom, 2 bath 1. HASTINGS 4TH WARD! Superb 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath * 2 story with updated decor and several rooms with hardwood floors offering plenty of charm and character * Partially finished basement with family room * Large deck over looks large fenced in backyard * Awesome newer 2 car garage with access to back alley. Call Mark today. . . . . . . $139,900
country home * Setting on 1 acre * Living room, kitchen, family room, main floor laundry * 2 plus garage * Cement patio and large backyard! Call Cindy . $94,900
MONDAY-FRIDAY 9:00-5:30 (269) 945-5182 • 1-800-420-9080 • 149 WEST STATE ST. HASTINGS
6. BEAUTIFUL UPDATED HOME IN
2. NEW LISTING Cozy family home * 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath * Updated kitchen with beautiful oak cupboards, dining room, living room and main floor laundry. Call Cindy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $74,900
Mark Hewitt, GRI, Assoc. Broker . . . . . . . . . . 838-7005 Cindy Winebrenner . . . . . . . 616-437-7729 Dianne Feldpausch, CRS, GRI, Sales Mgr . . . . . . . . . 838-1332 Ron Lewis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 269-908-2828 Tom Mohler . . . . . . . . . . . . . 269-986-1197 Justin Peck . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 269-760-4965 Leanne Wilkins. . . . . . . . . . . 269-350-6347 Jess Webb . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 616-350-7948 Larry Allerding, CRS, GRI, Assoc. Broker. . . . . . 838-6794
HASTINGS! Lots of space in this 3 bed, 2 1/2 bath home * Roomy updated kitchen, large living room w/fireplace & bay window * Main floor master bedroom w/ new bath * Main floor laundry * 3 season porch and deck overlooking private backyard. Great location! Call Larry $179,900
9. LAKEFRONT LIVING! Great cottage or year around home on Long Lake at Cloverdale * Incredible single wide mobile in superb condition * 2 bedrooms * 1 Bath * Newer furnace, windows, siding, roof and more * Garage * Storage shed * Private lake frontage * Awesome fishing and all sports! Call Mark . . . . $129,900
3. GREAT COUNTRY SETTING! Home on 70+/- acres * This 3 bedroom home needs some finishing work * Great hunting and recreation in addition to the 32.5 tillable acres. Call Larry. . . . . . . $249,900 New Listing
THE COUNTRY! 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths * Handicap accessible * Spacious rooms & beautiful views on 2.4 +/- acres * The great room has cathedral ceiling & French doors to a gazebo style formal dining room w/ wrap around windows & French doors to a deck * Main floor laundry * Finished lower level walk out could be used as an in-law apartment * So much more you have to see to believe. Wonderful cared for home! Call Larry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $193,000
move in ready. 3 bedrooms including master 2/ on suite. Additional bath with large basement! Do not pass this by! Call Justin . . . $129,900
bedroom, one bath home in Nashville. Everything on one level. Sun porch just off living area. Clean, move in ready! Call Leanne . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $53,000
10. ALL SPORTS MIDDLE LAKE! Great fishing, swimming and all the other fun things can be found right out your back door of this well maintained 2 bedroom year around home * On the back lot there is also a 32’x40’ 4 stall pole barn for your car, boat & toys! Call Larry . . . $199,900
well maintained 2 bedroom home * Updated kitchen, flooring, windows & siding * Large deck overlooking private backyard * 1 stall garage * Storage building! Call Larry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $82,500
8. 3 Mi. NE OF HASTINGS WITH 5 PLUS
ACRES Beautifully kept 3+ bedrooms, 2 baths * Master suite, very large kitchen/eating area, dining room & living room with a fireplace * Over 2000 Sq. ft. of living area in this home. Call Ron . . . . . . . . . $119,900
TING! All the charm and character a log home can offer! Great fishing on Lake 21 through access * 3+ bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths * Main floor master suite laundry * 3 Season porch * Screen porch * Wrap around porch * 2+ Car garage * Fireplace * Loft & much more! Call Mark$239,900
COMMERCIAL & VACANT LAND CENTRAL DOWNTOWN HASTINGS Over 2500 sq. ft. of a four room office with a kitchen and bathroom. Call Ron . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $89,900
SPRINTIME BUILD! One of the newer plat in N.E. part of Hastings. 202 & 206 Thornhill Ct. also available making over a 1/2 acre building site at a very reasonable price! Call Ron. $9,900 each
COMMERCIAL! 1929 +/- sq. ft. in a very desirable area. This building is set up for a doctorís office and has lots of possibilities. Large lobby, 4-5 patient rooms, kitchen area, 2 bathrooms, and lots of storage. Ample parking and close to Gun Lake! Call Dianne......$175,000
NEW PRICING BAR/RESTAURANT Bar/Restaurant available between Grand Rapids and Lansing * 100 person seating capacity * One rental unit on 2nd floor * Building and inventory included. Call Ron ..............$259,000 NEW PRICE!
14. RANCH HOME IN COUNTRY Hastings schools * Main floor laundry * Paved main road * Extra large 24’ x 32’ garage * Basement * 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Call Mark . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $79,900
11. LOG HOME IN WOODED SET4. WONDERFUL CITY HOME! Attractive
country estate * 4 bedrooms * 2 1/2 baths * Incredible cherry custom kitchen * Cedar family room with gas stove * Dining room w/ fireplace * Master bedroom suite * Large 3+ car garage * Auto-generator system * Visit today. Call Mark $194,900
17. CHARMING HOME - IMMEDIATE POSSESION 3 Bedroom, 2 bath on large city lot * This spacious home also has a den/office, living room, parlor/family room, kitchen and dining room * Detached 2+ stall garage and storage shed in large backyard! Stove and fridge included! Call Cindy . . . . . . . . . . . . . $99,900
13. GREAT PRICE Cute as can be. Two
7. AMAZING CUSTOM BUILT HOME IN
12. WALK TO PINE LAKE This ranch is
16. LAKEWOOD SCHOOLS 7 acre
READY MADE INCOME! This fantastic business is ready for you! Solid foothold in the Hastings market w/ loads of loyal followers! Call Justin ............$115,000
BUILDING IN THE COUNTRY! 2,070 sq. ft. building * 1.2 acres * Parking area available * Lots of possibilities, would make a great Child Care Facility! Call Dianne...........................$59,900
Explore our user friendly website featuring... 15. CLASSIC CITY This 2 story boasts character and space! 3 large bed w/2 full baths. Large kitchen, family and living rooms! Call Justin . . . . . . . . . . $89,900
BARRY COUNTY SPECIFIC SEARCHES
Now it's easy to search for a home!
Just Say “As advertised in the Reminder” Hastings Saturday, June 7, 2014
HASTINGS ... IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME HASTINGS CITY BAND CONCERTS
Fridays at the Fountain SUMMER CONCERT SERIES
Wednesdays 7:30pm LOCATION:
Fridays 12:00pm - 1:30pm Courthouse Square
Courthouse Square Downtown Hastings
PLAYING AT THE PLAZA
PLAYING AT THE PLAZA
Entertainment Noon Thursdays
Entertainment 6:30pm Thursday Evenings
All Summer Long
HASTINGS SPLASH PAD NEXT TO THE THEATER
All Summer Long
Father’s Day Car Show
Friday, June 13th 5-8pm
Sunday, June 15th 8-4pm Historic Charlton Park
Downtown Hastings Food • Music • Fun!
FREE FAMILY FUN
No Family Left Indoors Tuesdays 6:30 - 8:00pm Various venues around Barry County
HASTINGS PUBLIC LIBRARY
Summer Reading Club
TAKE YOUR PICK!
Hastings Farmers Market Wednesday & Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm Courthouse Square Downtown Hastings
GILMORE CAR MUSEUM
Air Cooled Car Show Saturday, June 14th 9-6pm
Wednesdays 2:00pm Hastings Public Library “Fizz - Boom – Read” Kids • Teens • Adults
OPEN ’TIL 8 FRIDAY
Trolley Around Town
Free Trolley Rides Fridays 6:00-9:30pm 14 stops around Hastings! Look for the signs or flag the trolley down
GIFTS • GIFT WRAP • GIFT BAGS
• Visit the Hastings Sculpture Exhibit all around town
FATHER’S DAY CARDS
BUY 3 & GET A 4TH CARD
FREE! (CARD OF LEAST VALUE IS FREE)
Gift Certificates are limited to one per person, per month and, unless otherwise stated, to those 18 & older.
Prices effective thru June 14, 2014 or while supplies last.
• You can take the Trolley from 14 Stops Around Town to Enjoy Downtown Hastings and South Jefferson Street
1. This Friday (June 13) celebrates the opening of the fifth annual Hastings Sculpture Exhibit in Downtown Hastings. The festivities will include music, information about each sculpture featuring a docent or the artist in person. This year’s exhibit features many new sculptures on loan in addition to the more than 20 sculptures purchased by local citizens and donated to the City of Hastings for permanent display. There is no charge for the exhibit and it is open to all. For more information call the Thornapple Arts Council at 269-945-2002 or pick up an Exhibit Brochure at each sculpture location or at stores downtown. The new sculptures are available for sale to individuals, businesses or organizations or you may want to gather a group of which you are a member and purchase a sculpture for the permanent exhibit. For more information about buying a sculpture, call the City of Hastings at 269-945-2461. 2. The Fridays at the Fountain Concert Series starts this week with the music of “Jenny LaJoye.” The concerts are each Friday from Noon until 1:30 p.m. at the fountain on the Courthouse Square in Downtown Hastings. The concerts are free to all each Friday through the summer. Bring your lunch or buy lunch from one of the many Downtown Hastings Restaurants, come and go as your schedule allows and enjoy the show. If it rains, move to the Hastings City Bank Community Room on South Jefferson Street. Friday at the Fountain Concerts are sponsored by the Thornapple Arts Council, the City of Hastings DDA and local businesses. 3. For over 100 years the Hastings City Band has played a series of concerts in Hastings each summer. They play marches, patriotic music and other band selections beginning at 7:30 this Wednesday through July 9. The concerts take place on the Courthouse Square in Downtown Hastings, are free to all and are sponsored by the City of Hastings, the TAC and area businesses. Make plans now to attend the July 2 Special Patriotic Concert featuring the Lakewood Area Choral Society and the Thornapple Jazz Orchestra. 4. The “No Family Left Indoors”program series continues this Tuesday evening (June 10) with “Family Night at Camp” sponsored by the YMCA of Barry County. Enjoy a couple of hours at camp with the family. Activities include camp games, the climbing wall and a boat ride on the lake. The evening is free to all but you are asked to register at 269-721-4190 or at www.cedarcreekinstitute.org. 5. The quarterly Barry County Chamber of Commerce Legislative Lunch for June is this Friday from Noon until 1 p.m. at the County Seat Restaurant on South Jefferson Street in Downtown Hastings. The public is encouraged to attend, buy lunch and take the opportunity to talk directly with State Representative Mike Callton and State Senator Mike Nofs on topics affecting us all. RSVPs are required at 269-945-2454 or email@example.com. 6. The 14th edition of the Nashville Route “66” Classic and Antique Car Show will be held next Saturday (June 14) from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. in Downtown Nashville, sponsored by the Nashville Car Club and the Nashville Area Merchants. Car show proceeds are used to fund local charities. Door prizes, raffles, hundreds of cars, breakfast and more highlight the show. For more information call 517-285-3693. 7. Two new concert series debut in Downtown Hastings this summer at the Spray Plaza Park. Entertainment for adults will play on Thursday evenings (6:30 p.m.), entertainment for kids will be at noon each Thursday. The concerts will be weekly through August 28. The evening concert this Thursday features Douglas Fast, Classics. The Children’s Concert this Thursday at Noon will be “Little Nell’s Magical Dancing Balloon Show,” a delightful and enchanting program as she leads the group on a magical journey of fun and surprises. All Playing at the Plaza shows are free. 8. Flexfab and Comprenew will sponsor an Electronics Recycling Day for the community through this Sunday (June 8) in the parking lot of Flexfab at 102 Cook Road in Hastings. If you need help loading items onto the recycling trailer someone will be available today (Saturday) at the site. They will accept almost anything with a cord or a battery. Data security is guaranteed. Take advantage of this opportunity to properly dispose of obsolete or non-working electronic items. 9. The Hastings Summer Lunch Program begins this Monday, June 9. Free lunches for qualifying young people will be served from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Southeastern Elementary School and Central Elementary School, Monday through Friday until August 22 with transportation from other locations in the school district. Log on to www.hassk12.org for the pickup locations and times. For more information or to volunteer for the program call 269-9484417 or 269-948-4400. 10. The Hastings Public Library will learn about “Summer” at the Toddler Story Time (Tuesday, 10:30 a.m.) and at the Pre-School Story Time (Friday, 10:30 a.m.) with music, songs, etc. The Summer Reading Club (Fizz-Boom-Read) program this Wednesday afternoon (2 pm.) features dinosaur fossils and Jo Paleo a real paleontologist. The Movie Memories features this Thursday (4:30-8 p.m.) is “Strike Up the Band” starring Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney and the Paul Whitman Orchestra in a story about two kids who want to participate in Paul Whitman’s high school band contest and how they manage to find a way. All library programs are free and open to all. 11. The Circle Pines Center (on Mullen Road in Delton) will sponsor the Buttermilk Jamboree next Friday through Sunday (June 13-15). This is a family friendly music festival celebrating traditional and progressive arts with a common vision of social justice, cooperation and sustainability using local music, art, storytelling and workshops to tell the story. To find out more and purchase tickets go to www.buttermilkjamboree.org or call 269-623-5555. 12. Again this summer under the sponsorship of Barry County Transit and other merchants the BCT Trolley will offer free trolley rides every Friday evening throughout town and to Downtown Hastings from 6-9 p.m. You can ride downtown for dinner, to shop the stores, view the new sculptures, enjoy ice cream, coffee or other drinks (you have a designated driver). Catch a ride at one of the 14 trolley stops around town or flag the trolley down as it passes by. All rides are free compliments of local businesses. You can also shop downtown as over 30 local businesses are participating in “late til 8” and are open until 8 p.m. or later. 13. Next Friday, Middleville features the Middleville Farmers Market from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. in Downtown Middleville followed by the Riverbank Music Series from 6:30 until 8:30 at night in Stagecoach Park featuring “Lindsay Lou and the Flatbellys” this week. 14. The Hastings Mystery Theater feature this week is Sinister Hands (1932) starring Jack Mulhall. During a séance a millionaire is murdered and the detective investigating finds that everyone at the gathering had a reason for wanting him dead. The Hastings Mystery Theater plays each Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m. only on WOW, the Hastings cable access channel. 15. Hastings: What you always wanted your hometown to be. QUOTE:“Summer’s filled with breaking the rules, standing apart, ignoring your head, and following your heart.” – ANONYMOUS
• Over 25 Local Merchants and Restaurants will be Open ’til 8pm or Later
Sponsored by the Thornapple Arts Council & DDA
SOUTH JEFFERSON STREET, DOWNTOWN HASTINGS www.bosley-rx.com MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 9AM - 8PM • SATURDAY 9AM - 5:00PM SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM - 2PM
945-3429 or 1-800-831-7597
GET DAD A NEW RECLINER!
$V RZ $V/
All roads lead to
Amish Oak Warehouse!
7 -3 M
Tanner Lake Rd.
Wall Wall Huggers! Huggers! Rocker Rocker Recliners! Recliners! Power Recliners! Swivel Power Recliners! Swivel Recliners! Recliners! Power Power Lifts! Lifts!
AMISH OAK WAREHOUSE
Custom Furniture for Today’s Lifestyles
570 S. Tanner Lake Rd. Hastings • 269-945-1767 07656384
amishoakwarehouse.com • Mon-Thu 10am-6pm, Fri 10am-8pm, Sat 10am-3pm
1288 Rosewood St. Jenison • 616-457-8087
Just Say “As advertised in the Reminder” Hastings Saturday, June 7, 2014 – Page 5
1. JENNY LAJOYE.....Voice, Piano & Guitar Near My Rescue... In case of rain… Seasonal Grille @ 150 W. State St.
2. MARK RAMSEY .............................. Piano Outside Gilmore’s... In case of rain… Anne’s Health Foods @ 103 W. State St.
3. STEVE LAWHORNE .............. Steel Drum Outside City Hall... In case of rain… The County Seat @ 128 S. Jefferson St.
4. KEVIN KREIGER ................................ Sax On Jefferson St. Near Bosley’s In case of rain… Olde Towne Tavern @ 114 S. Jefferson St.
1. Storm Robert R. Garcia 2. Stone Harp Calvin Babich 3. Trinity Douglas M. Gruizenga 4. Profiling Todd Kime 5. Horned Owl Sam Soet 6. Summer Solstice Pamela Reithmeier 7. Enlightenment Terry L. Hewlett 8. KinderBells Tom Kaufmann 9. The Gatherer Brent Harris 10. Radiolaria John W. Parker 11. My Rescue Martha Cares 12. Gaze II James L. Oleson, Jr. 13. Stone Stories Glenn Zweygardt 14. Self-Series III Israel & Erik Nordin
15. Dance of Bliss Mike Sohikian 16. Audubon Watcher Jim Collins 17. Refuge Nicholas Sikma 18. First Flight Ruth Gee 19. And A Child Will Lead Them Corey Van Duinen 20. Bookish Butterfly, Friendly Frog & Dancing Dragonfly Anderson Metal Sculptures 21. A Dream Takes Flight Stuart Padnos 22. Avian Ascent Toni Lucadello 23. Reflective Moments Ruth Gee
This Summer in Downtown Hastings businesses are inviting everyone to come enjoy Great Restaurants, Interesting Shops and Unique Sculptures. Many of the local merchants have extended their Friday hours until 8pm or later. Hastings 200 S. Boltwood Hastings
945-2003 Electronics, Appliances & Mattresses
130 W. State Street Downtown Hastings
Jami's Craft Supplies 130 East State St. Hastings, Michigan
Bluebird on the Moon 117 S. Jefferson St. Hastings
HASTINGS ANTIQUES LADY PEDDLER
Antiques Spinning & Knitting Supplies
142 E. State St. Hastings, MI 49058 269-948-9644 www.ladypeddler.info
ICS TRAVEL 269-945-5110 800-875-2525 ICSTRAVEL@ISERV.NET Member Barry County Area Chamber of Commerce
Hastings Splash Pad NEXT TO THE THEATER
Live Entertainment For Kids: Thursdays at Noon For Adults: Thursdays at 6:30PM All Summer Long COUNTY SEAT LOUNGE 109 West State St. Hastings, Michigan
128 South Jefferson Street
269-945-5029 Fax 269-945-0469
Grand things are happening at...
131 S. Jefferson
Women’s Consignment Boutique
150 W. Court St. Downtown Hastings
122 W. State St. Hastings 269-945-2963
Free Earrings With a
$20 Purchase 269-945-9605
BOSLEY PHARMACY • NATURAL FOOD • JUICE BAR • VITAMINS • HERBS
103 W. State St. Hastings, MI 49058
108 E. State Street Downtown Hastings
SOUTH JEFFERSON STREET DOWNTOWN HASTINGS www.bosley-rx.com
150 W. State St. Downtown Hastings 269.948.9222 SeasonalGrille.com
945-3429 or 1-800-831-7597
Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 10am-5:30pm; Fri.10am-8pm; Sat. 9am-5:30pm
Hours: 10:00-6:00 Mon-Sat 10:00-8:00 Friday
105 E. STATE ST. DOWNTOWN HASTINGS 945-4400
269-945-4417 Layaway Terms
Apparel y t i C
131 W. State St.
111 S. Jefferson St. Hastings
116 E. State St. Downtown Hastings
149 WEST STATE ST. HASTINGS
(269) 945-5182 1-800-420-9080
Thank You for Shopping Local
*,)7,'($'6)25 '$'6 *5$'6
Flip Flop Sofa Bed..........$399
Sofa..............................$649 Loveseat ......................$599
Sofa . . . . . $599 Bookcase ........$229
Bedroom Set .............$1599 Night Stand.................$249 Wallaway Recliner .........$299
Desk .....$259 Jewelry Stands starting at ......$149 Starting at
Chair Side Table ........$129
Twin Sets . . . . $199
Full Sets . . . . . $249
Queen Sets . . . $299
www.rcsfurniture.com (269) 963-5809
1 Mi. East of BEDFORD ROAD Serving the Battle Creek and Surrounding Area Mon.-Fri. 9-6 • Sat. 9-5 • Sun. 1-5 Between the Corn Fields & The Pastures
INTEREST FREE FINANCING • LAYAWAYS AVAILABLE • FREE DELIVERY
4237 EDMONDS ROAD
Cocktail Table ............$189
Power Rocker $ Recliner ......... 599
We also carry… Do-It-Yourself Supplies • Carpet • Area Rugs • Hardwood • Window Treatments • Ceramic Tile • Wall Coverings • Heritage Lace • Benjamin Moore Paints 221 N. Industrial Park Dr. • Hastings, MI 49058
Phone (269) 945-2479 • Fax (269) 945-4080 *See store for details
Store Hours: Mon. - Friday. 9-6; Sat. 9-2; Closed Sunday.
BROWN’S & CUSTOM INTERIORS
+DSS\ )DWKHU·V 'D\ Celebrate Dad Sunday, June 15th Check out some of these items on his list!
Stop in or Shop Online…
www.mcsupply.com Complete Parts Look-Up System M-F 9-6 • Sat. 9-1
Ph: 269-945-2782 Fax: 269-945-2107 • 2310 S. M-37, Hastings, MI 49058
XCel HD Action Camera $ 99
Range Ops BTC-1 Trail Camera Reg. $119.99
Ball Caps Reg. $12.99
699 Knives In Stock by:
Range Bag Reg. $59.99
• Buck • Kershaw • Browning • Knives of Alaska • Outdoor Edge • Gerber • Winchester
2208 W. M-43 Highway, Hastings, MI 49058 2 Miles West of Hastings on M-37 & M-43
STOP IN OR SHOP ONLINE AT BOBSGT.COM
Not responsible for printing errors. All items subject to prior sale. *Discounts off regular everyday selling prices.
Hours… Mon. - Sat. 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sunday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Home of the
“REAL FULL SERVICE”
Gift Card Purchases
Example Pay $50 and Receive a $60 Gift Card!
Buy 5 Car Washes and Minimum $30 Purchase Receive One FREE! WE CARRY ALL MAJOR Serpentine Belt, Fuel, Cabin & Air Filters, Injector Cleaner, Light Bulbs, Wipers BRANDS OF BOTTLE OIL ALL KINDS OF VEHICLE TREATMENTS, ETC. 815 W. State St., Hastings, MI 49058 ACROSS FROM K-MART!!
269-945-9933 All Oil Changes include FREE vacuum, air freshener & car wash!
FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT! ION JOB ROCKER WIRELESS JOBSITE SOUND SYSTEM
With Bluetooth AM/FM and Aux. Input SKU: JOBROCKER Reg. Price $199.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT $ PRICE: SAVINGS: $30
ASUS NOTEBOOK 15.6” LCD TOUCHSCREEN
TUL EC 600 EXECUTIVE LEATHER CHAIR
APEX 32” LED HDTV
Display 60HZ Refresh Rate 720P Resolution, 3 HDMI Inputs SKU: 160-2912 • Reg. Price $239.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: SAVINGS: $70
ROCKWELL 3-IN-1 CORDLESS DRILL
4GB Ram, 500GB HD, DVD Drive, Windows 8 SKU: 250-4113 Reg. Price $329.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT $ PRICE: SAVINGS: $30
PORTABLE WIRELESS SPEAKERS
Indoor/Outdoor, 150 ft. Range, Easy to Connect Aux. Input SKU: 750250 • Reg. Price $169.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: $ 99 SAVINGS: $40
BLACKMAX 1700PSI ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER
Screwdriver, Hi/Lo Gears, Flashlight SKU:RK2515K2 Reg. Price $119.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: SAVINGS: $50
ASUS D550MA-DS01 15.6” INTEL 2815
2117 U Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB HD, Windows 8 SKU: X550CA-SPD0304 Reg. Price $449.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: SAVINGS: $70
Comes in Black or Brown. SKU: TULEC600 Reg. Price $199.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: SAVINGS: $100
RADIOSHACK 25-PIECE MINI TOOL SET
1.2 Gal. Per Min., 25 ft. Hose, Detergent Tank. SKU: BM80721 Reg. Price $189.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: $ SAVINGS: $70
SKU: 640-0186 Reg. Price $19.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: SAVINGS: $10
SHARP 32” LED TV
1080 Display, DTS, SD Enabled, MHL Enabled, 2 HDMI USB Input SKU: LC-32LB150U Reg. Price $329.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: $
GOODYEAR 12 VOLT AIR INFLATOR
Powerful direct drive motor. SKU: 844753 Reg. Price $49.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: $ SAVINGS: $20
SIMPSON PREMIUM PRESSURE WASHER
— Prices good thru 6-14-14 or while supplies last! —
LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEED!** **Service for Service Includes Products for Product!
GIVE DAD THE DEVICES HE WANTS Verizon Ellipsis 7 TM
FREE $99.99 2 year price -$100.00 Mail-in Rebate Debit Card. With new 2 year activation.
Samsung Galaxy S 5 ®
3000 PSI Powered by Honda SKU: POWERWASHER300 Reg. Price $399.99 FATHER’S DAY SAVINGS EVENT PRICE: $
Military & Senior Citizen Discounts!
$249.99 2 year price -$150.00 Mail-in Rebate Debit Card. With new 2 year activation.
FREE $149.99 2 year price -$150.00 Mail-in Rebate Debit Card. With new 2 year activation.
“Your Hometown Electronics & Wireless Experts” Dealer
JCJ/SFJ ENTERPRISES, INC.
602 West State Street - In the Kmart Plaza in Hastings • (269)
JCJ/SFJ ENTERPRISES, INC.
602 West State Street - In the Kmart Plaza in Hastings
HOURS: Monday - Friday 9am-9pm; (269) 945-4800 Saturday 9am-9pm; Sunday 11am-6pm
HOURS: Monday-Friday 8 am-9 pm; Saturday 9 am-9 pm; Sunday 11 am-6 pm
Activation/upgrade fee/line: Up to $35. IMPORTANT CONSUMER INFORMATION: Subject to Cust Agmt, Calling Plan, rebate form & credit approval. Up to $175 early termination fee ($350 for advanced devices). Coverage, varying by svc, not available everywhere; see vzw.com. While supplies last. Restocking fee may apply. © 2014 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung Galaxy S both registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., LTD. 4G LTE is available in 500 markets in the U. S. © 2014 Verizon Wireless.
After all of these years...
He deserves a new band 102 E. State Street, Hastings 269-945-9572 gilmorejewelers.com 02711105
Toshiba 3D Smart TV
47L7200 47" LED, 1080P, 240 Hz Was $1,499.99
$ Three Only!
Sony 55" LED TV 3D KDL55HX750, #131137 Was $2,399.99
Save $ 50% Now
Toshiba 3D Smart TV
1000 watt, 3D Blue-Ray, WIFI Ready, Was $349.99
47L6200U 47", 1080P, 120 Hz Was $1,299.99
Samsung 60" 3D
LG 60" LED 1080P, 120 Hz 60LN5400, Was $1,499.99
Over 20 Models on Display
1080P, LED, w/WIFI. UN60F7100AF, Was $2,599.99
Samsung Surround System
130 W. State Street • Downtown Hastings • 945-4284 • Open: M W F 9-8; T Th 9-6; Sat 9-3; Closed Sun.
annualsidewalksale PAC BATTLE CREEK UNIFORM STORE | 847 MAIN STREET
3 DAYS ONLY June 5, 6 & 7
save on your medical
uniforms accessories shoes
print scrubs and more!
All hospital colors in stock!
$5 & $10
Solid Scrubs while supplies last!
professionalapparel.com LIKE US ON FACEBOOK / professionalapparel
Take 20% Off all regularly priced items storewide! Thursday, June 5 â€“ Thursday, June 12, 2014 IN-STORE PURCHASES ONLY. EXCLUSIONS MAY APPLY.
269.963.4390 M-F 9-6 SAT 9-3
Ready for Summer?
LOSE 20-40+ LBS. IN 40 DAYS
Jim lost 47lbs and 6” in 40 days!
How? Come to our workshop & find out! "Nutrimost has completely surpassed my expectations! It's given me a life...literally! I have more energy and NO knee pain after losing 71 lbs in under 3 months.” - Dave
"I had tried EVERYTHING! I exercised and ate healthy and I still couldn't lose the 15lbs I had put on since turning 40. I lost 15 lbs in 20 days! My labs show that my hormones are now in balance...and I've kept the weight off for the past 8 months...eating foods I love!" - Michelle
www.nutrimostmi.com Monday, June 9 th 6:15 PM
Call to reserve your spot… or to schedule your own private appointment
1346 W. Columbia Ave., Battle Creek
Barry Community Foundation Supporting health and wellness education matters For the next three years the Barry Community Foundation has elected the education element as its priority focus area. This element is a reminder that a healthy community opens itself to new ideas and provides life-long learning for all members of the community. 2Q-XQHWKWKHODVWVHVVLRQ is to be held at the Hastings Public Library. 'LYHUVHFRPPXQLW\OHDGHUVZLOOÂżQDOL]HD FRPPXQLW\SODQ:DQWWRDWWHQG"
KRQH\KHUEVĂ€RZHUVDQGFUDIWVWRWKHDUHD,I you are interested in participating, please call WKH9LOODJH2IÂżFHDW
The Hastings Farmers Market is open every Wednesday and Saturday through October from DPWRSP7KLVRSHQDLUPDUNHWLV located on the beautiful Court House lawn in traditional Downtown Hastings and features a variety of fresh produce, baked goods, artisan FUDIWVDQGEHDXWLIXOORFDOO\JURZQĂ€RZHUV7KLV growing market is embracing the importance of providing everyone with the opportunity to access a variety of fresh foods. The market our vision - Barry County... a community has formed a new partnership with the Barry where education matters for all! Community Foundation in order to explore new ways to achieve this. Through this partnership, ood nutrition is a critical part of the market will be implementing new and an individualâ€™s health, well-being innovative ways to get fresh food into the hands and quality of life and is directly of the individuals to who need it the most. correlated to the health of their community. One of the many great things about With the addition of a hand held scanner, the Hastings Market will soon have the ability to living in a rural community such as Barry County is that there are numerous opportunities accept SNAP Bridge cards for payment allowing it to participate in the Double Up Food Bucks to access fresh food and produce. This not 3URJUDPIRUWKHVHDVRQ7KH0DUNHWZLOO only enhances the quality of life for Barry also continue accepting WIC Project FRESH County consumers, farmers and crafters but also increases the economic sustainability of the coupons. If you are interested in participating with the Hastings Farmers Market please call community. IRUPRUHLQIRUPDWLRQ
your local Farmerâ€™s markets Middleville:
The Middleville Farmers and Crafters Market started its 2014 season at the beginning of May and is open every Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. until October and also every Wednesday evening from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. until August. The market is located in the parking lot behind the Village Hall. It is situated along the banks of the beautiful Thornapple River and at the head of the Paul Henry Trail. The Middleville Market continues to be a success in the community and is now embarking on its eleventh year of existence. As they continue to grow and attract more consumers and vendors future plans have been created to provide a more permanent home for the market across the street allowing it to offer only the most fresh, ripe, locally grown produce, baked goods, jams,
The No Family Left Indoors 2014 Series is a collaboration of 10 different Barry County organizations helping to get families outside WRJHWKHU7KHSURJUDPLVVSRQVRUHGE\3HQQRFN Health Services and provides a free weekly activity in Barry County led by a local non-profit organization. These programs are designed to provide a fun way for families to enjoy time outside and explore the resources of Barry County. Now in its fourth year as a county-wide program, the No Family Left Indoors continues to foster collaboration and partnership in Hastings, Delton, Middleville, Dowling, and the rest of Barry County. Hundreds of families have participated in these programs over the past three years and have appreciated learning about new places and having the opportunities to try new things.
The Barry Community Foundation values all types of gifts; of time, talent or treasure. To make a donation to any of our existing funds, please visit the Giving Center on our website. By consolidating our resources we will continue to make Barry County a more YLEUDQWSODFHWROLYHZRUNDQGJURZ7ROHDUQPRUHDERXWKRZ\RXFDQYROXQWHHUFRQWDFW WKH%DUU\&RPPXQLW\)RXQGDWLRQDW 231 S. Broadway St. Hastings, Michigan 49058 Megan McKeown
healthy youth and seniors fund ,QDXQLTXHVWDWHORFDOSDUWQHUVKLS was created in Michigan. As a result of legislation receiving bipartisan support and signed into law by Governor Engler, the &RXQFLORI0LFKLJDQ)RXQGDWLRQV&0) distributed tobacco settlement funds received IURPWKHVWDWHWRFHUWLÂżHG0LFKLJDQ community foundations. The purpose of the distributed funds was to support programs at the community and regional level contributing to â€œhealthy youth and healthy seniors.â€? CMF received the funds through the Michigan Community Service Commission in accordance with a grant contract from the Department of Career Development. The Barry Community )RXQGDWLRQUHFHLYHGIURPWKH VHWWOHPHQWDQGKDVLQHQGRZPHQW today. Each community foundation created a local advisory committee and the committee accepts grant proposals in the spring of each \HDU6LQFHWKHLQLWLDOJUDQWRI was grant to the Barry-Eaton District health department to help smokers extinguish their KDELWORFDOO\KDVEHHQJUDQWHGWR prevent, provide cessation and education to our residents regarding the hazards of smoking.
no family left indoors
How can you help make a difference?
Design and Photography:
Barry Community Foundation Staff
Events you wonâ€™t want to miss For additional information please contact us at:
Hastings Farmerâ€™s market: Wednesdays and Saturdays 7LPHDPWRSP Barry County Courthouse Lawn
Middleville farmerâ€™s market: Saturdays Time: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Wednesdays Time: 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Behind Village Hall
June 13 Bill Porter Memorial Charity Golf Outing 7LPHSP Location: Barry Community Enrichment Center
June 26 Education Matters - Planning Session 7LPHDPWRSP Location: Hastings Public Library
ONSTAFF USA OPEN INTERVIEWS Denso Air Systems
300 Fritz-Keiper Blvd., Battle Creek
Tuesday, June 10th from 2:30-4:00pm Openings are on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift!
2000 HONDA ODYSSEY
2003 DODGE DAKOTA SXT
223K Miles, 3.5L V-6, Honda Quality.
107K Miles, 3.9L V-6, 5 spd. MT
☛ $4 , 4 9 7 ☛ ☛ $2 , 9 9 3 ☛ 1994 FORD DUTCHMEN RV
1990 GEORGIEBOY RV
7.5L V-8, Needs TLC, but Ready to Camp.
V-8, Hunters Special.
☛ $6 , 9 9 9 ☛ ☛ $3 , 9 9 9 ☛ 2002 HONDA CIVIC EX
2009 FORD RANGER XL
1.7L I4, 156K Miles, Great MPG!
2.3L I4, 82K Miles, 5 spd. MT
☛ $4 , 9 9 9 ☛ ☛ $8 , 4 9 7 ☛
(269) 320-6304 1420 S. Hanover St., Hastings
Just Say â€œAs advertised in the Reminderâ€? Hastings Saturday June 7, 2014 Page - 41
Barry County Central Dispatch 2013 Annual Report
Back row from left: J. Kramer, D. Camburn, D. Glasgow, K. Worm, D. Morey, B. Frey, A Bross Middle row from left: E. Mulvaine, L. Parrish, M. James, R. Warren, C. White, P. Fuller Bottom row from left: S. Rose, S. Lehman, K. Kellogg, K. Beach
Sue Rose- Administrative Assistant- 22 years Donald Glasgow - Technical Supervisor - 21years Sue Chase- Supervisor- 21years (not in picture- retired) Dale Morey- Telecommunicator - 21years Phyllis Fuller - Director - 2 0 years Che'rie White- Supervisor- 15 years Michelle James- Supervisor- 14 years Allen Bross - Telecommunicator - 9 years Kurt Worm- Telecommunicator- 8 years Joseph Kramer- Telecommunicator- 7 years
David Camburn - Supervisor - 7 years Roger Cronk - Custodial Engineer - 7 years Stephanie Lehman - Supervisor - 5 years Leslie Parrish - Telecommunicator - 4 years Blayne Frey - Telecommunictor - 2 years Rachel Warren- Telecommuncator- 2 years Eric Mulvaine- Telecommunicator- 1year Katie Kellogg- Telecommunicator- New Hire Kristina Beach- Telecommunicator- New Hire
“WE WILL BEAT ANY COMPETITORS PRICES WHICH ARE LOWER THAN OURS”
DAD WILL APPRECIATE TIRES MORE THEN AN UGLY TIE! BRAKE JOBS
165 A/C REPAIR
Pads & Rotors $ starting at
AFTER MARKET CELEBRATING 29 YEARS! WHEELS
Wilder’s Tire & Auto Service 1510 Starr School Rd. Hastings
Social Security Bankruptcy - Personal & Business
McPhillips, Young & Baker Apple Street Law Office Michael J. McPhillips Kimberly S. Young Jackie L. Baker
Barry County’s most Experienced Bankruptcy Attorneys
Family Law - Domestic Relations Divorce, Custody, Support, Parenting Time Criminal Defense Felonies and Misdemeanors Probate - Estate Planning Living Trusts, Wills, Elder Law Personal Injury Real Estate Transactions Landlord/Tennant Civil Litigation ~ Experience Matters ~
269-945-3512 Over 46 years of experience working for you! The only call you’ll have to make! Call for evening or weekend appointments.
Toll Free 1-888-943-5400 • Fax 269-945-9310 121 W. Apple St., Hastings, MI 49058 www.applestreetlawoffice.com We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.
2013 RAM 2500 SLT CREW CAB 4X4 Special Price
DIESEL. Low miles, chrome wheels, bedliner, tow pkg., all power
See These & More at …
2012 CHRYSLER 200 Special Price
Very low miles, loaded!
2005 CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE COUPE Special Price $
Limited, leather heated seats, all power, beauty of a vehicle
11301 S. M-43 HWY DELTON, MI
Call Dewey’s First
Downtown Delton on the Southside
*Prices are plus tax, doc and regulated fees.
(269) 623-6301 SAVE THOUSANDS! 02711103
Down payment $1,350 Sec dep $0 Amount due $1,509
Total pymnt LEV Miles Cost per mile
$5,712 $12,734 32,000 .25
a month for 36 months!!
a month for 36 months!!
Did you know about our coverage? Chevrolet 2-Year Scheduled Maintenance coverage is included with the purchase or lease of new 2014 Chevrolet models. Down payment $2,160 Sec dep $0 Amount due $2,399
Covers only scheduled oil changes with filter, tire rotations, and 27-point inspections, according to your new vehicleâ€™s recommended maintenance schedule for up to 2 years or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Does not include air filters. Maximum of 4 service events.
Total pymnt LEV Miles Cost per mile
*all payments plus tax, title, plate doc fee, rebate to dealer with approved credit.
GREAT % RATES!
2014 CHEVY CAPTIVA LS GREAT % RATES!
2013 BUICK LACROSSE 2012 BUICK LACROSSE
Leather, heated seats, back-up camera, 19,000 mi.
Leather, heated seats, moon roof.
2008 PONTIAC TORRENT AWD
Great % Rates!
2012 CHEVY CRUZE LT 2011 CHEVY CRUZE LT 2011 CHEVY CRUZE
Fully loaded, 19,000 mi.
Fully loaded, 5,000 miles.
Fully loaded, 34,000 mi., great gas mileage.
6 cyl., loaded, 91,000 mi., local trade-in.
2011 BUICK REGAL 2009 CHEVY AVEO LT
Fully loaded, leather, heated seats, moon roof, 28,000 mi.
5-speed, only 68,000 mi., great gas mileage.
2014 CHEVY IMPALA LT 2013 FORD CMAX HYBRID
SOLD Loaded, moon roof, 15,000 mi. New body style!
Fully loaded, 33,000 mi., great gas mileage!
2003 SATURN ION 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE 2013 CHEVY EQUINOX LT 2007 CHEVY TAHOE LT3 4X4 2013 CHEVY TAHOE 4X4 LT
4 cyl., loaded, only 64,000 mi., local trade-in.
Leather heated seats, 1-owner, 97,000 mi.
Fully loaded, 4 cyl., 33,000 mi.
2008 CHEVY TAHOE LT 4X4 2011 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY 2007 FORD EDGE SEL $
Fully loaded, power sliders, 26,000 mi.
Leather, heated seats, DVD, 18,000 mi.
2004 CHEVY 2500 4X4 2012 CHEVY CREW CAB 2500
Fully loaded, leather, heated seats, moon roof, 78,000 mi.
Reg. Cab, Duramax Diesel, 107,000 mi.
HD, 6.0 V-8, fully loaded, 51,000 mi., 1-owner.
5.7 V-8, auto., 160,000 mi., local trade-in.
$ Fully loaded, 1-owner trade-in, 143,000 mi.
LTZ, leather, loaded, 78,000 mi., local trade.
3.7 6 cyl., A/C, cruise, CD, 57,000 mi., local trade-in.
XLT Plus, fully loaded, 15,000 mi.
*For Qualified Buyers
2002 CHEVY CUTAWAY VAN 3500 2004 CHEVY EXT. CAB 4X4 2009 CHEVY EXT. CAB Z71 2009 DODGE RAM 2WD 2013 FORD EXT CAB 4X4
THE TEAM YOU CAN COUNT ON! 632 E. Main St. Caledonia 888-994-2846 616-891-8104
* See Dealer for Details. On select certified vehicles Get 1.9% 36 mo. on Select GM Certified
Pete Mulder Used Car Mgr.
Tim John Harkema Harkema Sales
GREAT % RATES!
GREAT % RATES!
Leather, moon roof, local trade-in, exc. shape, 3rd row seat.
Leather, heated seats, moon roof, 141,000 mi., local trade-in.
GREAT % RATES!
GREAT % RATES!
4 cyl., auto., loaded, great fuel mileage, 11,000 mi.
$8,591 $16,550 32,000 .25
Published on Jun 8, 2014