aloo Chick peas (Kabuli chana) Soda bicarbonate Salt Garam masala powder Potatoes Oil Cumin seeds Fenugreek seeds (methi) Asafoetida (hing) Ginger paste Green chillies Lime juice For the Chana masala Coriander powder Cumin powder Red chilli powder Mango powder Black pepper powder Turmeric powder To garnish Coriander leaves Ginger juliennes
250 gm ¼ tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 2, medium-sized cut into ½” cubes 4-5 tbsp 1 tsp ¾ tsp a generous pinch (or to taste) 1 tsp 2-3, chopped 1 tbsp 1½ tbsp 1½ tsp ½ tsp ¾ tsp ½ tsp ¾ tsp
chole 1. In a pan add the chickpeas, cover with water and boil. Once it starts to boil remove from heat. Cover and keep aside for 6 – 8 hours. 2. Boil the chickpeas with 1 tsp salt and Soda bicarbonate till they are very tender but not mashed. Drain and reserve the liquid. 3. In a wok, heat oil and fry the potatoes till they start changing colour. Keep aside. 4. In the same oil, splutter asafoetida, cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Sauté for a few seconds. 5. Add the ginger paste and green chillies, sauté for 30 seconds. Add the Chana masala dissolved in 4 tbsp of water. Sauté for 45 – 60 seconds. 6. Add potatoes and sauté for a few minutes. Add the boiled chickpeas and the reserved liquid as required and cook for 12- 15 minutes till the potatoes are completely done. Add lime juice and salt, as required. 7. Garnish with chopped coriander and ginger juliennes. Serve hot.
3 tbsp, chopped 1 tbsp
achari Potatoes Asafoetida (hing) Achari masala Turmeric powder Coriander powder Green chillies Ginger Red chilli powder Oil Salt Coriander leaves For the Achari Masala Cumin seeds Fenugreek seeds Fennel seeds Mustard seeds Onion seeds (kalonji) Cloves
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely crushed a generous pinch 1 tbsp ½ tsp 1 tbsp 3, chopped 1 tbsp, chopped 1 tsp 3 tbsp to taste ¼ cup, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter asafoetida. Then add the achari masala, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder dissolved in 3 tbsp of water. Sauté. 2. After 30 seconds, add potatoes. Sauté for a minute. 3. Add green chillies, ginger and salt. Cover and cook on low heat for a few minutes. 4. Add ½ cup water and cook for another five minutes. 5. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
1 tsp ½ tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ½ tsp 2, coarsely ground
Potatoes Red chilli powder Coriander seeds Bengal gram (Chana dal) Black gram (Urad dal) Mustard seeds Curry leaves Salt Lemon juice Oil
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cubed 2 tsp 1 ½ tbsp, roasted and coarsely ground 2 tbsp, roasted 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds. Then add chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves. Sauté until the urad dal turns pink. 2. Add the potatoes and sauté on low heat for 2-3 minutes. 3. Add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Sauté for another two minutes. 4. Finally, add lemon juice and serve hot.
1 tsp 12 to taste 1 tbsp 4 tbsp
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cut into wedges Plain flour 4 tbsp Corn flour 3 tbsp Salt 1 tsp Green chillies 6-8, slit into two Garlic 2 tbsp, chopped Ginger 1 tbsp, chopped Red chilli paste 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup 3 tbsp Vinegar 1 tbsp Sugar ½ tsp White pepper powder ½ tsp Salt to taste Coriander leaves 6 tbsp Oil 2 tbsp and for deep frying
potatoes 1. Dust the firm potato wedges with a mixture of flour, corn flour and salt. 2. Deep fry on high heat till light brown and done. 3. To prepare the sauce, mix red chilli paste, tomato ketchup, vinegar, sugar and white pepper powder in a bowl. Keep aside. 4. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil and sauté garlic, ginger and green chillies, on medium heat for a minute but make sure that the garlic doesn’t turn brown. Add the fried potatoes and sauté for another minute. 5. Then add the prepared sauce, check seasoning and add salt, if required. Sauté for 1 minute. 6. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely crushed Plain flour 2 tbsp Green chillies 10, slit horizontally Baby onions (Sambhar 20, peeled onions) Ginger 2 tsp, grated Thick coconut milk 1 cup Thin coconut milk 1 cup Turmeric ½ tsp Red chilli powder 1 tsp or to taste Butter 2 tbsp Salt to taste
ishtew 1. Heat butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. 2. Add flour and continue to sauté for about 30 seconds on a low heat. 3. Add green chillies, ginger, turmeric and red chilli powder and sauté for another 30 seconds. 4. Now add in the thin coconut milk and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. 5. Add potatoes and salt; continue cooking for another 3 minutes. 6. Finally add the thick coconut milk and cook for a minute (do not let it boil). Serve hot.
Potatoes Yoghurt (thick) Black pepper Cloves Cumin seeds Black salt Coriander leaves Salt Oil
500 gm, boiled, peeled, cubed 1 cup, whisked 1 tbsp, coarsely crushed 4, powdered 1 tbsp ½ tsp 3 tbsp, chopped to taste 4 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and splutter the cumin seeds. Then add the potatoes and salt and sauté on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until crisp. 2. Add the black pepper, cloves powder, black salt and the yoghurt. Sauté for another 3 minutes. 3. Remove from heat, garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
aloo ka Potatoes Onion Green chillies Coriander leaves Mint leaves Green onion Red chilli flakes Cumin seeds Salt Mustard oil Lemon juice
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely crushed 1 large, finely chopped 3 chopped 4 tbsp, chopped 4 tbsp 1 cup, chopped 1 tbsp 1Â˝ tsp, roasted and ground to taste 2 tbsp 1 tbsp
chokha 1. Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients to the crushed boiled potatoes. Mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes before serving.
amritsari Potatoes Onions Oil Cumin seeds Coriander leaves For the batter Gram flour Garlic paste Green chillies Salt Carom seeds (ajwain) Red chilli powder Asafoetida (hing) Turmeric powder
500 gm 2 large, finely sliced 2 tbsp and for deep frying 2 tsp 2 tsp 1 cup 1 tbsp 2, chopped 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp a pinch ½ tsp
For the spice water - dissolve in ¼ cup water Coriander powder 1 tbsp Red chilli powder 1 ½ tsp
Pomegranate seeds powder 1 tbsp (anardana powder) Garam masala 1 tsp Salt to taste 1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into wedges (like French fries but slightly bigger). 2. Make a thin batter by mixing all the ingredients of the batter in about 1 ½ cup of water. 3. Marinate the potatoes in the batter for 30 minutes. 4. Deep-fry the wedges in hot oil. 5. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds. When they start crackling add the spice water. Sauté for a minute. Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. 6. Add the potatoes, mix well and cook uncovered on low heat for 3-4 minutes. 7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
500 gm, cubed 1-inch x 1-inch Red chilli paste 1 tbsp Onion 1, large-sized and sliced Green chillies 5, chopped Mustard seeds 1tsp Onion seeds (kalonji) 1 tsp Turmeric powder ½ tsp Dry red chilli 4, broken Poppy seed paste (khus 2 tbsp khus/Posto) Salt to taste Mustard oil Butter
3 tbsp 1 tbsp
1. Dissolve turmeric and red chilli paste in 3 tbsp of water. 2. In non-stick pan heat oil. Once it starts to smoke, remove from heat and let it cool. Return to heat, add mustard seeds, when they start crackling add broken red chillies and onion seeds. Before the chillies start turning black, add potatoes. Sauté until pink (approx 4-5 minutes). 3. Add the onions, green chillies, poppy paste and sauté for 2 minutes. Add turmeric powder and red chilli paste. Sauté for 30 seconds. Add ½ cup of water and salt. 4. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till potatoes are cooked. 5. Finally, add butter and serve hot.
Potatoes Tomatoes Asafoetida (hing) Dry whole red chillies Ginger Turmeric powder Coriander powder Cumin powder Green chillies Salt Oil Red hot burning charcoal Cloves Ghee
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely crushed 1 large, pure´ed ½ tsp 4 2 tbsp, juliennes ½ tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 5, deseeded and julienne to taste 3 tbsp 1 piece 2 1 tsp
1. To make the spiced water, dissolve turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder in 3 tbsp water. Keep aside. 2. Heat oil in a pan; add asafoetida and dry red chilli. Sauté for 15 seconds and add the spiced water. Sauté for 15-20 seconds. Now add the potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes. 3. Add tomato purée, salt, ginger and green chillies juliennes. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 –5 minutes. 4. Transfer the potatoes into a casserole with a tight fitting lid. Make a well in the center. Fabricate a small bowl from an aluminum foil and place it in the space created. 5. Take a red-hot burning coal; blow away the ash from the charcoal. Place it in the aluminum foil bowl. Put the cloves on the top and pour the ghee over the coal. Immediately cover with the lid and let the smoke permeate the potatoes for about 30 minutes. 6. Discard the foil and coal. Serve.
potato Potatoes Mustard seeds Turmeric powder Curry leaves Asafoetida (hing) Salt Oil Grind to a paste Coriander leaves Green chillies Ginger
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes 2 tsp 1 tsp 16 a generous pinch to taste 2 tbsp
bhaji 1. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when they start crackling add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida. SautĂŠ for 30 seconds. 2. Add the potatoes, mix well and sautĂŠ on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. 3. Finally, add salt and the ground paste. Cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
1 cup 5- 6 1 tbsp, chopped
potato Potatoes Spring onions Green chillies
Asafoetida (hing) Mango powder Ginger powder Black salt Red chilli powder Turmeric powder Cumin seeds Curry leaves Salt Coriander leaves Oil Butter
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely mashed ½ cup, chopped 4, chopped a generous pinch 2 tsp 1 tsp ½ tsp 1½ tsp 1 tsp 2 tsp 12 to taste ½ cup, chopped 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
bharta 1. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. When the seeds start crackling, add green chillies, mango powder, ginger, turmeric powder and black salt. Mix well and immediately add the potatoes. 2. Cook on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add spring onions and salt and cook for another minute. 3. In a separate pan, heat butter, remove from heat, add red chilli powder and pour on the potatoes. Mix well. 4. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
pudina wale Potatoes Mint leaves Split Bengal gram (chana dal) Cumin seeds Roasted cumin powder Coriander powder Red chilli powder Black pepper powder Lemon juice Coriander leaves Salt Oil
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cubed 1 cup, chopped 2 tbsp, roasted 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tbsp ½ tsp 1 tsp, freshly crushed 1 tbsp ½ cup, chopped to taste 3 tbsp
1. Take a bowl and add potato cubes, mint leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours. 2. Heat oil in a pan; add Bengal gram and cumin seeds. Sauté for a minute then add potatoes mixture and salt. Reduce the heat to low and cook till they start becoming crisp. 3. Remove and mix lemon juice, black pepper powder and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
batatyacha Potatoes Green chillies Onions Asafoetida (hing) Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Mustard seeds Garam masala Curry leaves Tamarind paste Jaggery Oil Salt Coriander leaves
500 gm, peeled and cubed 3, chopped 2 large, sliced a generous pinch 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tbsp 1 tsp 8 1 tbsp 1 tbsp, crushed 3 tbsp to taste 3 tbsp, chopped
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan; add mustard seeds. When they start crackling add curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Sauté for 20 seconds. 2. Add onions and sauté on medium heat till transparent. Then add potatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, mix, cover and cook till potatoes are done. 3. Finally, add garam masala, red chilli powder, tamarind, jaggery and salt. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes. 4. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Potatoes Tomatoes Fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) Cumin seeds Onion seeds (kalonji) Asafoetida Ginger Garlic Green chillies Red chilli powder Turmeric powder Garam masala Coriander leaves Mustard oil
500 gm, peeled and cubed 2 medium, chopped 1 tsp 1 tsp ½ tsp 1/8 tsp 1 tbsp, chopped 1 tbsp, chopped 4, chopped 1 tsp 1½ tsp ¾ tsp 2 tbsp, chopped 4-5 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan till it smokes. Remove from heat, and let it cool. Reheat and add fenugreek leaves, cumin and onion seeds. When they start crackling, add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Sauté for 30 seconds, on medium heat. 2. Add potatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix and sauté for about 2 minutes on medium heat. 3. Add tomatoes, sauté for 2 minutes. Add 2½ cups of water and cook till potatoes are done. 4. Remove one-cup potatoes and mash them with potato masher and return to the gravy. 5. Garnish with garam masala and coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Potatoes 500 gm, boiled, peeled and cubed Turmeric powder 1 tsp Asafoetida (hing) a generous pinch Cumin seeds 1½ tsp Red chilli flakes 1½ tsp Tamarind paste 1 tbsp Bay leaves 4 Salt 1 tbsp Oil 3 tbsp For the Paanch Phoran Cumin seeds 2 tsp Fennel seeds 2 tsp Mustard seeds 1 tsp Onion seeds 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp * Powder in a grinder; and store in an airtight container, use as required.
1. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves and cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add 2 tsp paanch phoran powder and asafoetida. Sauté for 20 seconds. 2. Add turmeric powder, salt and potatoes and cook on low heat, till the potatoes become crisp. 3. Finally add the tamarind paste, red chilli flakes, salt and 1 cup of water. Mix and cook for 2-3 minutes. Serve hot.
shahi Potatoes 500 gm, peeled and cubed Onion 2 large-sized, sliced Bay leaves 3 Tomatoes 1 large, chopped Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp Green chillies 4, slit horizontally Oil 5 tbsp For the Shahi Masala - grind to paste Cashew nuts 12 Poppy seeds (Khus khus) 1 tbsp Cloves 4 Seeds of brown cardamom ½ tsp Seeds of green cardamom ¼ tsp Black pepper corn 1 tsp Cinnamon 1” piece Mace (javitri) a generous pinch For the Masala Yoghurt - mix together Yoghurt 4 tbsp, whisked Red chilli powder 1 tsp Turmeric powder ½ tsp Coriander powder 1 tsp Cumin powder ½ tsp To garnish Coriander leaves 3 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves. Sauté for 20 seconds. Add onion and sauté till light brown. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté till golden brown. 2. Add the Shahi masala and sauté for a minute. 3. Add potatoes, mix thoroughly and cook on low heat for 2 minutes. 4. Add 1-cup water and salt. Cover and cook on low heat till 80 percent done. Add more water if required. 5. Add tomatoes and green chillies, then cover and cook till tomatoes are soft and the potatoes fully cooked. 6. Add Masala yoghurt and continue to cook on low heat for a minute or two. Add coriander leaves and serve hot.
aloo ka Potatoes 500 gm Onions 2 medium, sliced thinly Ginger powder ½ tsp Yoghurt 1 cup, whisked Salt to taste Oil 8 – 10 tbsp For the Fresh Spice Powder - dry roast and grind to powder Whole dried red chillies 4 Coriander seeds 1 tbsp Pepper corn 1 tsp Cloves 4 Cinnamon 1-inch Green cardamom 3 Seeds of brown cardamom ½ tsp
salan 1. Peel and quarter the potatoes. Prick them with a fork and soak them in salted water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside. 2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions till brown. Keep aside. When cool, crush and add to the yoghurt. 3. In the same oil, add potatoes and ginger powder and sauté on low heat till 95 percent cooked. Remove from pan and keep aside. 4. In the remaining oil add the fresh spice powder and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the yoghurt and onions and sauté for two minutes. 5. Then add potatoes, cover and cook on low heat till potatoes are fully cooked. Serve hot.
dum Potatoes Brown onion paste Black cumin (shahi jeera) Salt Oil For the Masala yoghurt Yoghurt Fennel powder Red chilli powder Ginger powder Asafoetida Turmeric powder Whole spices Brown cardamoms Green cardamoms Cloves Cinnamon Bay leaves
500 gm, unpeeled and cubed (1” x 1 ½”) 3 tbsp ½ tsp to taste 5 tbsp and for deep frying 1 cup, whisked 1½ tbsp 1 tsp ½ tsp a generous pinch 1 tsp 4 6 6 2 pieces, 2-inch each 4
1. Prick the potatoes with a fork and deep fry till cooked. Remove on a kitchen towel and keep aside. 2. Whisk yoghurt and mix in all the powdered spices to make masala yoghurt. 3. Heat 5 tbsp oil in a heavy based pan and add the whole spices. When they start crackling, remove pan from heat and add the masala yoghurt. Mix and return to heat. 4. Sauté till oil separates. Add onion paste, salt and cumin seeds and sauté for a minute. Add approximately 1 cup of boiling water and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes. 5. Add the fried potatoes and cook covered on low heat till the oil separates. Serve hot.
batata Potatoes Onion Green chillies Tomatoes Red chillies dry Mustard seeds Roasted Bengal gram (Chana dal) Curry leaves Coriander powder Red chilli powder Oil Salt
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cubed 2 medium-sized, sliced 5, finely chopped 2 medium, chopped 4, broken into 2 pieces each 1 tsp 1 tbsp 16 1 tsp ½ tsp 3 tbsp to taste
curry 1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds. When they start crackling add the curry leaves, chana dal, green chillies and dry red chillies. Sauté for 30 seconds. 2. Add the onions and sauté till they become translucent. 3. Now add the tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and sauté for a minute. 4. Add potatoes, mix and cook for further 3 -4 minutes. Serve hot.
delhi ke Potatoes Tomatoes Onion Ginger Yoghurt Coriander powder Cumin seeds Red chilli powder Garam masala powder Water Oil Salt
500 gm, peeled, cubed 3, large-sized 1, medium-sized 1-inch ½ cup 1 tbsp 1 tsp ¾ tsp ½ tsp ½ cup 2 tbsp to taste
1. Blend the tomatoes, onions, ginger and yoghurt in a blender. 2. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds. After the seeds start spluttering, remove from heat. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Then add the tomato yoghurt blend. 3. Return to heat. Stir and cook on medium heat till oil separates. Add 1 cup of water and salt; let it simmer for 3- 4 minutes. 4. Add the potatoes. Sauté for two minutes and add 3 cups of water and transfer to a pressure cooker. Cook till done. 5. Garnish with coriander leaves and garam masala powder. Serve hot.
aloo Potatoes Onion Oil Cumin seeds Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Salt
500 gm, peeled and cubed 1 kg, finely sliced ¼ cup 1½ tbsp 1½ tsp 1½ tsp to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add potatoes. Shallow-fry on medium heat until potatoes are pink. 2. Add onions, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix and cook covered for 10-12 minutes or until onions are soft and transparent. Serve hot.
Baby potatoes Oil For the gravy Onion Garlic Ginger Tomatoes Bay leaves Green chillies Whole red chillies Green cardamom Salt The final touch Butter Cream Dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) Garam masala Ginger juliennes
500 gm, peeled for deep-frying 1 large-sized, coarsely chopped 4 cloves 2 tbsp, chopped 4 large, chopped 4 4 4 6 to taste 50 gm 50 gm 1 tbsp, roasted
1. Peel the potatoes and prick them with a fork. Soak them in salted water for 15 minutes; remove and pat them dry. Deep fry them in hot oil till cooked but firm. 2. To prepare the gravy, boil onion, ginger, garlic, tomato, bay leaves, green chillies, whole red chillies, green cardamoms and salt in 1Â˝ cups of water till the tomatoes and onions are soft (approx. 20 minutes). Remove from heat and pass through a sieve. 3. Heat the sauce again. Add the fried potatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes. 4. Finally add the butter, cream, dry fenugreek leaves and garam masala. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes. 5. Garnish with ginger juliennes. Serve hot.
1 tsp 2 tbsp
dhania wale -
Potatoes Coriander seeds Cumin seeds Red chillies flakes Mango powder Coriander leaves Salt Oil
500 gm, peeled and cubed 2½ tbsp, coarsely ground 1 tsp 1 tbsp 1 tbsp 3 tbsp to taste 2 tbsp and for deep frying
1. Peel and cube the potatoes. Heat oil in wok and deep-fry the potatoes till light brown and cooked. 2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan; add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and sauté for 20 seconds. Now add potatoes and mix well. 3. Finally, add the chilli flakes, mango powder and salt. Sauté for 2 minutes. 4. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
urulakizhanghu Potatoes Onion Tomato Green chillies
Red chillies (whole) Urad dal Chana dal Mustard seeds Curry leaves Asafoetida (hing) Red chilli powder Salt Oil
500 gm, boiled, peeled and diced 2 large, sliced 1 large, diced 2, finely chopped 5 1 tbsp 2 tbsp, roasted 1 tsp 20 1 pinch 1 tsp to taste 3 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a wok and add urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds. SautĂŠ till the dal becomes pink and then add whole red chilli, curry leaves and asafoetida. SautĂŠ for 30 seconds OR until the mustard seeds splutter. 2. Then add onions and cook till translucent. Finally add chopped tomatoes, green chillies, salt, chilli powder and boiled potatoes. Mix and cook covered on low heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Baby potatoes Mustard oil Pomegranate seeds powder Cumin seeds Red chilli powder Salt
500 gm, peeled 3 tbsp 1 tbsp 1 tbsp 2 tsp to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok till it smokes, remove from heat, let it cool a bit and return the wok to heat. Then add the cumin seeds; once they start spluttering add the potatoes. 2. SautĂŠ the potatoes on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Now add the salt, red chilli powder and pomegranate seeds powder. Mix well. 3. Cover and cook on low heat till the potatoes are done. Serve hot.
Potatoes Cumin seeds Oil Red chilli flakes Coriander powder Mango powder Green chillies Salt Coriander leaves
500 gm, boiled, peeled and cubed 1 tbsp 2 tbsp 2 tsp 1 tbsp 1 tsp 3, slit horizontally to taste 3 tbsp, chopped
1. Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds and sautĂŠ till the seeds splutter. 2. Add the green chillies and sautĂŠ for 20 seconds. Then add the potatoes and cook on medium heat for 4 minutes. 3. Sprinkle the chilli flakes, salt, mango powder and coriander powder and mix well. 4. Cover and cook on a low heat for 4 minutes. 5. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
500 gm, peeled & cubed White sesame seeds 1½ tbsp, dry roasted and powdered Turmeric powder 1 tsp Red chilli powder 1 tsp Lemon juice 1 ½ tbsp Salt to taste White sesame seeds 1 tsp, roasted for garnishing Mustard oil 6 tbsp Grind to paste Garlic 8 cloves Ginger 1-inch piece Coriander leaves ¾ cup Green chillies 4
1. Heat oil in a pan and bring it to a smoking point. Remove from heat and let it cool. Reheat and add the paste, turmeric and chilli powder. Sauté on medium heat till the oil specks appear on the surface. 2. Add potatoes and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Dissolve sesame powder in ½ cup of water and add to the potatoes. Cook until done. 3. Finally add salt and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Mix in lemon juice and remove from heat. 4. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Potatoes Oil Green chillies Curry leaves Mustard seeds Cumin seeds Ginger paste Tomatoes Red chilli powder Salt Coriander leaves Ginger juliennes
3, large 2 tbsp 1 tbsp, chopped 15 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp 2, blanched 1 tsp to taste 2 tbsp, chopped 1 tbsp
1. Prick the potatoes and wrap them individually in a kitchen towel. Microwave on high for 10 minutes but turn them after five minutes. Cool, peel and keep aside. 2. In a casserole add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies and ginger paste and Micro-High for 2 minutes. 3. Add tomatoes and red chilli powder and MicroHigh for 5 minutes. 4. Crumble the potatoes by hand and add them to the casserole, add salt, ginger juliennes, mix and microhigh for 3 minutes. 5. Add chopped coriander and garnish with ginger juliennes. Serve hot.
pahadi Potatoes Mustard seeds Asafoetida (hing) Turmeric powder Sugar Coriander leaves Salt Mustard oil Peanuts Grind to a paste Garlic Ginger Green chillies
500 gm, boiled, peeled and coarsely crushed 2 tsp a generous pinch 1 tsp 1 tsp 4 tbsp, chopped to taste 3 tbsp 4 tbsp, roasted and coarsely crushed
1. Heat mustard oil to smoking point, remove from heat and let it cool. 2. Reheat oil, add mustard seeds and when they start to crackle add turmeric powder and asafoetida, dissolved in 2 tbsp water. Sauté for 10 seconds and add the paste. Sauté till the moisture evaporates. Then add the potatoes. 3. Mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add salt, sugar, crushed peanuts and half the coriander leaves. Cover and cook on low heat till the potatoes are done. 4. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
6 cloves 2-inch piece 6-8