CONNOR Los Angeles, CA 4 8 0 . 3 5 8 . 8 3 6 4 email@example.com issuu.com/rachelconnor6
E D U C A T I O N UCLA
9/ 2015 6/ 2018
9/ 2010 5/ 2014
1/ 2013 5/ 2013
Master of Architecture I Los Angeles, CA
B.A. Civil Engineering B.A. Architectural History Providence, RI
AAP Study Abroad Rome, Italy
3.7 | 2016 Pamela Burton and Company Scholarship Recipient, 2015-2016 Recruitment Fellowship Recipient. 3.6 | Courses included: Architectural Design Studio, Modern Architecture, Structural Analysis.
3.8 | Courses included: Renaissance and Baroque Architectural History, Drawing Studio.
S K I L L S Autodesk AutoCAD | Revit | Maya Rhinoceros Grasshopper | Vray Adobe Suite Ai | Ps | Id | Pr | Ae | Lr Microsoft Word | Excel | Powerpoint Operating Systems Windows | macOS Google Sketchup Photography Canon DSLR App Design XD | Appsheets
COMPETITIONS Iceland Northern Lights 2018 | In progress ASCE CANstruction 2014 | Team Leader Won “Best Structural Integrity” and “People’s Choice Award” Contemporary Architecture Exhibition 2012 | Model Competition Won “Best in Show” for “City Edge Project” by Daniel Libeskind
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Architecture Intern 2/ 2017 DPMO, Architecture Group 3/ 2018 UCLA Los Angeles, CA
6/ 2016 Andmore Partners 9/ 2016 Los Angeles, CA
4/ 2016 Santa Monica Plastics 4/ 2017 Santa Monica, CA
Spanish Working proficiency Italian Elementary proficiency
• Aided in the schematic design process for both commercial and residental projects. • Prepared site documentation and as-built drawings for renovation work. • Contributed to the fabrication of various acrylic and plastic products for clients and commerce. • Collaborated and communicated with clients on unique and personalized design projects.
6/ 2016 Black Spectacles 9/ 2017 Los Angeles, CA
• Photographed notable architecture throughout Los Angeles, specificially those by Pritzker Prize laureates. • Post-produced photographs for online publication on the company’s website, blog, and social platforms.
Designer 8/ 2014 Dan D’Agostino Master 8/ 2015 Audio Systems Cave Creek, AZ
• Created part and assembly models along with technical drawings using SolidWorks. • Managed the ordering, purchasing, and receiving of parts for use in testing and manufacturing high-end audio systems.
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE Teaching Assistant
3/ 2018 UCLA | Alfie Koetter C u rre n t Los Angeles, CA
L A N G U A G E S
• Assisted with independent and collaborative designs for campus-wide, tenant improvement projects. • Produced and presented construction documents for fire marshall and building official plan check approvals. • Designed an app for the surveying of ADA compliance in campus buildings.
9/ 2016 UCLA Chapter C u rre n t Los Angeles, CA
Assistant 9/ 2013 Brown University | 5/ 2014 Anthony Vidler Providence, RI
• Assist in the guidance and development of undergraduate student projects with a focus on total building design. • Coordinate and facilitate meetings and events for the UCLA Architecture and Urban Design community. • Supported Professor Anthony Vidler with the preparation and delivery of his course, The Brutalist Epoch.
Published on Feb 23, 2018