1. Sediment pre-filter Made of PE net and two-layered non-woven fabric material, the pre-filter effectively filters suspended solids such as rust residues, mud, and sand larger than 5 micron (5/1000 mm).
Function: Removes rust and sediments larger than 5 micron
2. Activated carbon block filter The HomePure carbon block filter with developed technology provides greater chemical absorption and mechanical filtration. The HomePure activated carbon block also comprises a larger filter surface area, which is more efficient than a Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC) filter, thus providing better absorption of contaminants.
PRODUCT PORTFOLIO | 133
7. Antibacterial Silver-lite stone
Made of inorganic compound materials, the antibacterial Silver-lite stone is effective in preventing bacteria and algae growth due to its Silver ions (Ag+) that move throughout the filter. Hence, the remaining water in the filter does not become contaminanted and bacteria are prevented from re-entering the filter. Function: Antibacterial; cleans water; prevents algae growth
Function: Removes 97% of chlorine, 99% of turbidity, 99% of the total 46 types of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), TTHM (Trihalomethane ≤ 0.1 mg/L) and/or the other chemicals in Table 17 of NSF 53 (refer to User Manual)
6. Ultrafiltration hollow fibre membrane 3. Activated carbon ceramic balls
As the size of the smallest bacteria is 0.2 to 0.3 micron (a hair size is around 70-140 micron), the HomePure Ultrafiltration (UF) membrane ensures the reduction of bacteria and microscopic impurities due to its hollow fibre membrane having a pore size ranging from 0.01 to 0.1 micron. However, the UF membrane allows the passing through of beneficial water minerals.
Function: Remove 97% of chlorine, 99% of turbidity, 99% of the total 46 types of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds), TTHM (Trihalomethane ≤ 0.1 mg/L) and/or the other chemicals in Table 17 of NSF 53 (refer to User Manual); reduces bad taste and odour
4. Pi-water ceramic from Japan The Pi-water ceramic neutralises the adverse effects of active oxygen, preventing the action of hazardous ions, and controlling the oxidation reduction reaction. This claim has not been evaluated by NSF International, and is not supported by the NSF Certification of this product/ component.
Function: Suppresses oxidation and disintegration
Since 1944, NSF International, The Public Health and Safety Company™, is an independent, non-profit organisation committed in making the world a safer place for consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water and consumer goods.
NSF is the only third-party testing organisation to undertake a complete evaluation of every aspect of a product’s development before it can earn the NSF Certification. Products bearing the NSF Mark are assured to have undergone extensive product testing and material analysis to comply with strict standards imposed by NSF and its product certification programmes.
System tested and certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 53 for the reduction of Taste/Odour, Chlorine, Turbidity, VOC
The activated carbon ceramic balls are made as special coating balls at a low-temperature process under very technical and delicate methods to keep all the benefits functioning inside. The balls are responsible for improving the taste of your water, promoting excellent absorption and deodorisation.
Function: Removes 100% of total coliform and E. Coli; reduces bacteria and microscopic impurities
5. Tourmaline ceramic balls The tourmaline ceramic balls reduce water clustering and have antibacterial and deodorising qualities that improve water filtration. They help give water a good taste and are a good source of mineral microelements that are beneficial for wellness. Function: Reduce water clustering; is antibacterial; deodorise, ionise and alkalise water
One sample of water filter branded: HomePure has been tested by SIRIM QAS International Sdn Bhd. Sample of water after filtration was collected and has been tested for certain elements in the Twenty-Fifth Schedule of Food Regulations 1985. For details, please refer to Test Report No. 2010KL0408 dated 31st March 2010 TÜV SÜD PSB, Singapore (Test Report: 719165835-CHM10-EKH) KEWWI Korea Environment & Water Works Institute, Korea Consolidated Laboratory (M) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia