YOU MOVE EUROPE GROWTH AND QUALITY EMPLOYMENT 1. A EUROPEAN PACT FOR SOCIAL PROGRESS including an investment programme, a pact for employment, a social minimum throughout the European Union to guarantee a solid welfare state and a comprehensive plan against poverty. 2. PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES FOR DECENT WORK by multiplying the funds for guaranteeing jobs for youth by three and increasing the European social fund for unemployed people over 55.
3. A EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK FOR MINIMUM WAGES so that member states, taking into account their relative level of development, the cost of living and the average salary in each country can guarantee a decent and sufďŹ cient wage.
4. A NEW EUROPEAN INDUSTRIAL POLICY to bring industry up to 20% of the GDP, consolidate small and medium-sized industries and promote industrial recycling in strategic sectors.
5. A MORE FLEXIBLE TIMELINE FOR REDUCING THE DEFICIT to make room for leeway to draw up a national plan for investment and employment and thereby promote growth. We will incorporate the “golden rule in calculating the deﬁcit" to promote public investment in education, R&D&I and youth employment.
6. REFORM THE EUROPEAN CENTRAL BANK to reduce the cost of public debt and put an end to instability in the ﬁnancial markets.
7. WE ARE COMMITTED TO A "SOCIAL TROIKA" consisting of the European Parliament, the European Commission and social agents, to supervise and evaluate the impact of economic policies and thereby avoid the social drama they are giving rise to in many European countries, including Spain. 8. PROGRAMMES TO RESTRUCTURE DEBT for families in order to alleviate their precarious situation and at the same time to promote internal demand and growth.
9. A GREATER EFFORT IN R&D&I with risk capital, supporting ďŹ nancing, improving the link between science and the manufacturing sector, favouring the mobility of researchers and encouraging greater accessibility to the patent system.
YOU MOVE EUROPE FOR A FAIR AND PROGRESSIVE TAX LAW 10. REDUCE TAX EVASION BY 50% by means of a black list of tax havens.
11. COMPANIES SHOULD PAY TAX WHERE THEY GENERATE BUSINESS to put an end to tax evasion in large multinationals. 12. ELIMINATE BANKING SECRECY AND BAN TAX AMNESTIES in the European Union by reinforcing transnational cooperation.
13. FINANCIAL TRANSACTION TAX (TOBIN TAX) to reduce speculation and make the ﬁnancial sector contribute to the growth of the economy and the welfare state.
YOU MOVE EUROPE TO PUT AN END TO INEQUALITY 14. EUROPEAN SOCIAL MINIMUM AND BINDING SOCIAL INDICATORS. We will establish a social minimum in public budgets to guarantee the maintenance of European standards in education, health and social services in any kind of economic scenario. We will guarantee social indicators to measure the impact of economic decisions –before they are taken– especially on employment and poverty. 15. EUROPEAN PLAN AGAINST POVERTY. Further support for food banks and increased budgets for European funds to help the neediest in the coming years.
16. EUROPEAN PLAN AGAINST THE SALARY GAP to put an end to the salary and pension gap suffered by women once and for all. 17. EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE FOR EQUAL RIGHTS to set up minimums in the ﬁeld of non-discrimination to be met and respected by all countries.
YOU MOVE EUROPE FOR RIGHTS AND FREEDOM 18. FULL RECOGNITION OF WOMEN’S RIGHTS TO DECIDE about their sexual health and reproduction.
19. EUROPEAN DIRECTIVE AND STRATEGY AGAINST GENDERBASED VIOLENCE guaranteeing the struggle against this social scourge throughout the Union at the highest levels. 20. TOWARDS A GENUINE COMMON POLICY ON IMMIGRATION based on three mainstays: prevention, protection and integration,
endowing the three existing European programmes –FRONTEX, EUROSUR (the new European system for managing borders) and the new Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund– with the necessary resources.
YOU MOVE EUROPE FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT 21. FIRM
ACTION AGAINST ENERGY POVERTY, recognising citizens’ rights to electricity and water.
COMMON AGRICULTURAL POLICY COMMITTED TO ACTIVE FARMERS to reinforce intervention measures in food markets.
FRACKING. ACTIVE DEFENCE OF OUR NATURAL RESOURCES as public assets, preserving them from right-wing privatising plans and from aggressive and unsustainable use.
Fracking, which is the extraction of hydrocarbons from the sea, has no place in our sustainable management programme.
YOU MOVE EUROPE FOR THE DEFENCE OF HUMAN RIGHTS 24. THE EU AS THE WORLDWIDE DRIVING FORCE FOR AID TO DEVELOPMENT. We want the EU to keep on leading international cooperation and aid to development. We will therefore increase European resources for this purpose, we will improve coordination between European institutions and member states and we will reinforce non-governmental and aid to development organisations. 25.
THE EU AS THE WORLDWIDE DRIVING FORCE FOR THE DEFENCE OF HUMAN RIGHTS. Bilateral agreements signed by the European Union with third countries will incorporate clauses concerning respect for human rights, social rights and environmental standards as established by international agreements.
SOCIALIST CANDIDATE TO PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
SOCIALIST CANDIDATE TO EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT