SUZUKI LT-Z400 FAT PEG NERF BARS (S091031) INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these instructions carefully before installation to prevent injury to yourself or damage to your ATV. PARTS LIST: PART 1 2
3 4 5 6
DESCRIPTION NERF BAR (LEFT) NERF BAR (RIGHT) PEG WELDMENT (LEFT) PEG WELDMENT (RIGHT) FOOT PEG (OUTER CAGE) FOOT PEG (INNER CAGE)
QTY 1 1 1 1 2
M8 x 50mm HEX BOLT
M8 NYLOC NUT
M10 x 80mm HEX BOLT
M8 x 65mm HEX BOLT
PART DESCRIPTION 13 NET 14 WEB CLIP
QTY 2 6
1. Remove the factory foot pegs and heel guards from the vehicle. Retain the foot peg mounting bolts, and fender tab mounting hardware. 2. Remove the factory 10mm bolts from the lower rear mounting points of the vehicle’s front A-arms, retaining the factory nuts. INSTALLATION: LEFT NERF BAR SHOWN TOP VIEW 8mm WASHER (QTY 8)
M8 NYLOC NUT (QTY 8)
TUBE SPACER (QTY 4)
1. Assemble outer/inner foot peg cages on the left nerf bar using the items from the hard ware kit shown in the diagram to the left. Repeat the procedure for the right nerf bar.
M8 x 65mm BOLT (QTY 4)
2. Install the part #3 and 4 foot peg weldments in place of the factory foot pegs using the retained mounting bolts. Triangular shaped support should face upwards on both sides. Fig. 1
LEFT NERF BAR SHOWN
FOOT PEG WELDMENT
ALIGN MOUNTING HOLES
INSTALL: M8 x 50mm BOLT (1), 8mm WASHER (2) M8 NYLOC NUT (1)
3. Slide the peg mount of the left nerf bar over the shaft of the installed left foot peg weldment aligning the (2) mounting holes shown in fig.1. Loosely install the parts from the hardware kit specified in fig. 2. 4. Align the left nerf bar’s forward mount with the lower rear mounting point of the vehicle’s left front A-arm. Loosely install (1) M10 x 80mm bolt and (1) 10mm washer from the hardware kit along with the retained factory M10 nut. 5. Align the left nerf bar’s fender tab mount to the vehicle’s fender mounting point and loosely re-install the factory fender mounting hardware.
RIGHT NERF BAR
6. Slide the female end of the right nerf bar over the male end of the left nerf bar as shown in the diagram to the right. Repeat procedures # 3-5 for the right side nerf bar. 7. With all mounting points located and mounting hardware loosely installed, Tighten down all mounting bolts and fasteners securing the left and right nerf bars to the frame of the vehicle. Torque: M10 bolts @ 30ft./lbs.
LEFT NERF BAR
M8 bolts @ 15ft./lbs.
M6 bolts @ 6ft./lbs.
8. â€œTypical Web Thruâ€? method shown to install the netting on the outer web mounts of the nerf bars. Perform this procedure for both left and right nerf bars (see fig.1 & 2). Install the loose inner web strands by feeding the strands through the supplied web clips and wrapping the strands over the frame tubing shown in fig. 3. TYPICAL WEB THRU
Fig. 2 Fig. 1
WEB MOUNT CROSS SECTION
Periodically check all mounting hardware for tightness. Re-torque bolts and fasteners when needed. Make sure that the netting is properly installed before use. Do not operate the vehicle if any bolts or fasteners are loose or missing. CUSTOMER SERVICE:
For further information, please contact PRO ARMOR at 1-951-343-9270.
Published on May 22, 2012
2. Install the part #3 and 4 foot peg weldments in place of the factory foot pegs using the retained mounting bolts. Triangular shaped suppo...