POLARIS RANGER XP (P106202) DOORS “Patent Pending” INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these instructions carefully before installation to prevent injury to yourself or damage to your vehicle. PARTS LIST: PART
DOOR FRAME (LEFT)
DOOR FRAME (RIGHT)
NERF BAR (LEFT)
NERF BAR (RIGHT)
HARDWARE KIT: PART
PEM NUT MOUNTING PLATE
M6 x 20mm FLANGED HEX BOLT
M8 x 20mm FLANGED HEX BOLT
3/8-16 x 1.75” FLANGED HEX BOLT
.375” DIAMETER ROD LATCH
1/4-20 x .75” BUTTON HEAD BOLT
5/8-11 SPRING PLUNGER
5/8-11 JAM NUT
1” x 2” VIBRATION PAD
1/4-20 x 2” BUTTON HEAD BOLT
1” RUBBER BUMPER
1/4 FLAT WASHER
1/4-20 HEX NUT
16 19 18 17
14 13 7 4
1. Remove the bench seat from the vehicle along with the side nets. 2. Remove the (2) mounting bolts that connect the roll cage to the frame of the vehicle at the A-pillar. Retain the nuts. Perform on both sides of the vehicle. See fig. 1 3. Remove and retain the (2) mounting screws on the floorboard shown in Fig. 2 Perform on both sides of the vehicle.
4. Remove and retain the mounting bolt and nut at the lower section of the b-pillar shown in fig. 3. Perform on both sides of the vehicle.
INSTALLATION: 1. Position (4) item #5 pem nut mounting plates in the slots of the lower frame cross members under the vehicle as shown in Fig.4 Use (2) item #5 pem nut mounting plates for each frame cross member. Position item #3 left nerf bar so that its (4) mounting tabs are aligned to the (4) positioned item #5 pem nut mounting plates. Loosely install (1) item #6 bolt through the nerf bar mounting tabs into each item #5 pem nut mounting plate. See the diagram below.
FRAME CROSS MEMBER
ITEM # 5
2. Position item #1 left door frame in place. Align its lower (2) mounting points to those on the welded mounting plate of the left nerf bar. Loosely install (2) item #7 bolts attaching the left door to the left nerf bar. See Fig. 5 FIG. 5 ITEM # 7
3. Align the mounting holes of the door’s A-Pillar mount to the vehicle’s (2) A-pillar mounting points. Loosely install (2) item #8 bolts and (2) retained nuts. 4. Align the mounting hole of the door’s B-pillar mount to the vehicle’s Bpillar mounting point and loosely re-install the retained factory B-pillar mounting bolt and nut. 5. Align the door’s floor board mount to the mounting holes on the vehicle’s floor board. Loosely re-install the retained mounting screws from preparation step 3.
6. With all mounting points located and hardware loosely installed, tighten all mounting bolts and fasteners securing the left door and nerf bar to the frame of the vehicle.
7. Repeat installation procedures #1 through # 8 on the right side of the vehicle for the right door and nerf bar.
ITEM # 12
ITEM # 10
ITEM # 9
FIG. 7 LATCH TAB ITEM # 11
ITEM # 15
FLOOR BOARD MOUNT
ITEM # 16
ITEM # 19 ITEM # 17
ITEM # 18
8. Use the figures below as a guide to assemble and position (1) bumper assembly INSERT (1) ITEM # 16 BOLT INTO (1) ITEM # 17 RUBBER BUMPER
SECURE THE BOLT TO THE RUBBER BUMPER BY INSTALLING (1) ITEM #18 1/4 WASHER AND TIGHTENING (1) ITEM # 19 1/4-20 NUT AGAINST IT
LOOSELY INSTALL (1) ITEM # 19 1/4-20 NUT AND (1) ITEM #15 WASHER ON THE THREADS OF THE BOLT
INSERT BUMPER ASSEMBLY INTO LATCH ASSEMBLY AND ADJUST BY THREADING IN OR OUT. TIGHTEN THE NUT SECURING THE BUMPER ASSEMBLY TO THE LATCH AND DOOR ASSEMBLY AFTER POSITIONING HAS BEEN ADJUSTED.
9. Assemble (1) item #9 latch assembly to the left door by installing (1) item #10 bolt and (1) item #15 washer at the upper mounting hole of the doors front bracket. Install the assembled bumper assembly from step # 8 at the lower mounting hole and threading the assembly into the latch assembly. Adjust the bumper assembly so that it is properly positioned to act as a door stop when the door is in the closed position. Do this by loosening or tightening the nut shown in Fig. 10 and threading the bumper assembly in or out of the latch assembly. Perform the procedure for the right side door as well See Fig 7 for final installation details. 10. Assemble (1) item #11 spring plunger to the left door by threading it into the welded latch tab. Install (1) item #12 jam nut on the threads of the spring plunger. Tighten the jam nut to secure the spring plunger to the door. 11. Adjustment of both the latch assembly and the spring plunger will be required for the door to open and close properly. Adjust the spring plunger by threading it either in or out of the welded latch tab. Make sure there is enough length on the plunger pin to engage the latch. Tighten the jam nut when the desired position of the spring plunger is achieved. Adjust the latch assembly so that it’s latch mechanism is aligned with pin of the spring plunger. Tighten the latch hardware when the desired position is achieved. Repeat procedures # 10 through # 11 on the right door.
CAUTION! Ensure spring plunger pin FULLY engages into the latch assembly before use. Latch pin should protrude 1/4” PAST nylon bushing. Adjust latch depth if necessary.
NOTE: Use the supplied E-clips by installing them to the center of the door hinges for door adjustment where necessary.
MAINTENANCE: Periodically check to see that the doors are properly installed. Re-torque mounting bolts when necessary. Do not operate the vehicle if any bolts or fasteners are loose or missing from the doors. Do not operate the vehicle with door(s) open! CUSTOMER SERVICE: For further information, please contact Pro Armor at 1-951-343-9270.
Published on May 22, 2012
PARTS LIST: 3. Remove and retain the (2) mounting screws on the floorboard shown in Fig. 2 Perform on both sides of the vehicle. Please read...