POLARIS RZR 4 DOORS (P101202) “Patent Pending” INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these instructions carefully before installation to prevent injury to yourself or damage to your vehicle. KIT CONTENTS PARTS LIST:
FRONT DOOR FRAME (L)
3/8-16 NYLOC HEX NUT
E-CLIP RETAINING RING
FRONT DOOR FRAME (R)
3/8-16 x 1.75” FLANGED HEX BOLT
LOWER B-PILLAR BRACKET
FRONT DOOR ASSEMBLY (L)
3/8” NYLON SLEEVE BEARING
M6 x 25mm FLANGED HEX BOLT
FRONT DOOR ASSEMBLY (R)
5/8-11 JAM NUT
7/16 FLAT WASHER
REAR DOOR ASSEMBLY (L)
5/8-11 SPRING PLUNGER
REAR DOOR ASSEMBLY (R)
M6 NYLOC FLANGED HEX NUT
M6 x 20mm BUTTON HEAD BOLT
CAUTION! During installation, the roll cage will be disconnected from the frame. Due to the construction of the vehicle, the frame can flex greatly, causing fitment and/or rubbing issues with the Doors. Setting the vehicle on 4 jack stands (taking full weight off the wheels) during the entire installation process. PREPARATION: FIG. 1
VEHICLE MOUNTING POINTS FIG. 2
1. Remove the seats from the vehicle, along with factory side nets. 2. At the A-pillar, remove and retain the (2) factory nuts and bolts that attach the factory roll cage to the vehicle’s frame. Perform procedure on both sides of the vehicle. See fig. 1 2. Under the front seat, remove and retain the bolt that attaches the vehicle’s floor plastics to the seat mount bar. Perform procedure on both sides of the vehicle. See fig. 2 3. At the B-pillar, remove and retain the nut and bolt that attaches the seatbelt assembly to the welded upper B-pillar mounting plate. PerForm procedure on both sides of the vehicle. See fig. 3 4. Remove the forward nut and bolt from the C-pillar mount of the vehicle’s roll cage. Retain the nut and discard the bolt. Perform procedure for both sides of the vehicle. See fig. 5
FRONT / REAR DOOR DIAGRAM RIGHT SIDE SHOWN UPPER B-PILLAR MOUNT A-PILLAR MOUNT
C-PILLAR MOUNT UNDER-SEAT MOUNT LOWER B-PILLAR MOUNT
1. Position the right front door frame in place so that its A-pillar and under-seat mounts are aligned to the vehicle’s A-pillar and under-seat mounting points. Loosely install (2) 3/8-16 x 1.75” hex bolts and 3/8-16 nuts at the A-pillar mounting points. Loosely re-install the under seat bolt retained from preparation step # 2. See fig. 6 . 2.
FIG. 7 ITEM #15 BRACKET
LOWER BPILLAR MOUNTING POINT
Insert (1) item #15 bracket in place as shown in fig. 7. The angled tab section should be facing away from the B-pillar tube. This will be the connection point for the front right door assembly’s lower B-pillar mount and the rear right door assembly’s lower B-pillar mount.
FIG. 8 REAR DOOR ASSEMBLY FRONT DOOR ASSEMBLY
FRONT RIGHT DOOR FRAME
ALIGN MOUNTING BRACKETS
Position the front and rear right door assemblies so that front sleeve tube of the rear door assembly inserts into the lower rear tube section of the front door assembly as shown in fig. 8. Adjust the (2) door assemblies so that their lower B-pillar mounts are aligned with one another.
SEATBELT ASSEMBLY UPPER B-PILLAR MOUNTING POINT
4. Position the front and rear door assemblies up to the vehicle. Align the front # 17 WASHER AND RETAINED HARDWARE door’s upper B-pillar mount to the upper B-pillar mounting point. Loosely secure the mounting point by re-attaching the seatbelt assembly and reinstalling the retained hardware from preparation step #3 along with (1) item # 17 washer on the front side of the mount. 5. Position item #15 bracket so that it is aligned to the lower B-pillar mounting brackets of the Front and rear door assemblies. Loosely install (1) M6 x 25mm bolt through the (2) lower Bpillar brackets, through the B-pillar into item # 15 bracket. See fig. 10
LOWER B-PILLAR MOUNTING POINT ITEM #15 BRACKET
6. Position the rear door assembly’s C-pillar mount over the C-pillar mounting point of the vehicle’s INSTALL roll cage. Loosely install (1) retained nut from ITEM # 26 BOLT preparation step #4 and (1) retained factory Apillar bolt from preparation step # 2 along with (1) 3/8 washer from the hardware kit at the C-pillar mounting point. See fig. 11 Due to the production variances and differing conditions of the frame, door adjustments may be necessary to avoid rubbing and proper fit. Ensure proper fit before tightening hardware and continuing with installation!
C-PILLAR MOUNTING POINT
INSTALL ITEM # 18 WASHER AND RETAINED HARDWARE
NOTE: If adjustment is necessary, confirm all mounting points are secured. Gently pull on the front or rear door frames to adjust positioning of the door in the frame.
7. Locate the latch tabs (2) found on the front inside sections of the swinging portions for the front and rear door assemblies. Loosely thread in (1) item# 11 spring plunger into the front door’s latch tab. Fasten the plunger by loosely installing (1) jam nut as shown in fig. 12. Repeat the procedure on the rear door. The plungers will need to be adjusted so that the doors are free to swing open and closed with the plunger handle pulled back. Do so by threading the Plunger in or out of the latch tab.
PLUNGER PLUNGE LATCH
R 8. A hole will need to be drilled into A-Pillar and upper B-Pillar the mounting FRONT brackets directly in front of the latch tabs for the front and rear doors to lock the BACK FACE OF plunger pins in place when the doors are closed. Pull back the plunger handle MOUNTING BRACKET retracting the pin and swing the door to a closed position. Mark the back of the mounting bracket where the latch pin will be engaged. If necessary, use an E-clip at each door hinge to remove any excess play in the door’s hinge assembly. Drill a .50” diameter hole through the back side of front and rear mounting brackets at the marked location. Perform procedure for the front and rear door assemblies. See fig. 13
MARK HOLE LOCATION AND DRILL HOLE
CAUTION! Hole drilled must be NO larger than .500” diameter to ensure proper latch engagement! Make sure correct drill size is used. Ensure the hole is drilled parallel to the latch pin! 9. Insert (1) item # 9 nylon sleeve into each of the (2) drilled holes. Apply superglue or locktite to the nylon sleeve to ensure that it is securely seated into the drilled hole. See fig. 14 10. Pull back the plunger handle and swing the door closed. Release the plunger handle engaging the plunger pin into the nylon sleeve locking the door. Perform procedure for both front and rear door assemblies. Retracting the plunger pin by pulling back on the handle is required whenever opening the doors. Repeat procedures # 1– 9 on the left side of the vehicle for the front and rear left door assemblies. Re-install seats after door installation.
PLUNGER LATCH LATCH HANDLE
INSERT NYLON SLEEVE INTO HOLE
CAUTION! Ensure latch pin FULLY engages nylon bushing before use. Latch pin should protrude 1/4” PAST nylon bushing. Adjust plunger latch depth if necessary. 11. The remaining (62) M6 x 20mm button head bolts, (62) M6 nyloc flanged nuts, And (62) 6mm washers are to be used for installation of either the (P101207 or P101208 Door Plates) or the (P101206 Door Nets).
DOOR CLOSED WITH PLUNGER LATCH PIN INSERTED INTO NYLON SLEEVE LOCKED IN PLACE
MAINTENANCE: Periodically check to see that the doors are properly installed. Re-torque mounting bolts when necessary. Do not operate the vehicle if any bolts or fasteners are loose or missing from the doors. Do not operate the vehicle with door(s) open! CUSTOMER SERVICE: For further information, please contact Pro Armor at 1-951-343-9270.
Published on May 22, 2012
PARTS LIST: HARDWARE KIT: PREPARATION: KIT CONTENTS PART DESCRIPTION QTY CAUTION! During installation, the roll cage will be disconnected fr...