With a spirit to look beyond and move forward...
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. Ayrton Senna
WHAT IS FORMULA STUDENT
• Formula student is the largest educational motorsport event hosted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMECHE) in Europe with over 100 Teams participating from over 80 Nations worldwide.
• Several prestigious organization such as Jaguar Landrover, Shell, Airbus, National Instruments, Mercedes Benz have been associated with the competition & participating teams for many years
• The competition serves as a • Class 1A segment of the compebreeding ground for young intition invites environment-friendnovators to gain crucial practical ly high performance electric cars experience and transferable to compete with the conventional skills for use in a diverge range fuel guzzlers currently in vogue. of industries.
THE TEAM IIT Bombay Racing
• A student organization built with a vision to pioneer development and deployment of innovative technologies in the Indian automobile sector. • 60 Students with a formal 3-tier team structure spread across various engineering disciplines
are united by a common ambition of being at the forefront of global student motorsports. • The team has always operated independently, transferring the knowledge obtained from year to year.
• National Baja – SAE 2012 • A.Q.Peer’s Choice Award For Best ATV. • Ansys CAE Award. • Lightest Sustainable Vehicle. • 2nd In Acceleration. 2011 • Raftar Award . • Lightest & Fastest Vehicle Award. 2009 • Best Engineering Design Award. • 1st Acceleration.
• 1st Top Speed. • 2nd Hill Climb. • 2nd Cost Report. • Formula Student FS UK 2009: Agni • 2nd Cost Report. • 9th Business Presentation. • Highest Score Amongst Indian Teams. FS Michigan 2008: Vayu • Perseverance Award. • Best New Entrant Team Award.
GLORY 2013 The Vision
â€˘ Designing & developing an electric race car that best meets the FSAE vehicle design goals and which can be profitably marketed.
â€˘ Staying competitive on the international platform of Formula Student and setting a mark of our prowess among fellow teams.
GOALS FOR 2013
• Competing in all static & dynamic events, finishing amongst top 25
• Priority to safety, reliability and overall finish
• Restructuring the team, defining roles and allocating responsibilities to the smallest detail
• Emphasis on usage of industry standard practices for CAE, manufacturing, resource allocation
• Defining realistic & time-lined targets for the coming year
• Developing New Technologies: Electronic Differential, Planetary Gearbox
CHIEF ENGINEER, ELECTRICAL
CHIEF ENGINEER, MECHANICAL
Head, Vehicle Dynamics
Design Engineer, Brakes
Design Engineer, Suspension
Head Chasis & System Integration
Design Engineer, Steering
Head, HV Systems
Design Engineer, Safety System
Head, LV System
Design Engineer, DAQ
• Every small task incorporated in the timelines, with sufficient lead time. • Fortnightly design reviews with faculty supervision.
• 25 member Faculty support panel • Personal interest taken by Dean R&D and ex-HOD, Mechanical Engineering Dept
BROAD TIMELINES FOR FS 2013
Complete CAD of vehicle
October 30th, 2012
Complete System Level Integration
October 30th, 2012
Design Review (Review with detailed drawings)
November 1st week
Fabrication of components begins
November 7th, 2012
Safety & Rule Compliance Check
January 15th, 2013
January 30th, 2013
End of On-road Testing
May 30th, 2013
WHERE DO YOU COME INTO PICTURE?
• International Product Development Competition • Challenging, High Stakes, Year Long Project • Industry Support must to compete with Europeans who enjoy a lot of it in their home countries
• At Formula Student, we represent the future of Indian Automotive Industry
WHY SHOULD YOU GET INVOLVED?
• Face of the Indian Automotive Industry at a highly prestigious International Racing Event
• Association with a renowned scientific institution like IIT Bombay and its esteemed Faculty.
• Pioneer and supportive of new technology
• Dynamic and Supportive Recruiter
• Synergy with Mahindra REVA and “Go Green”
• Enhanced Reputation amongst FS, Supra and BAJA teams of India
WHERE COULD THIS RELATIONSHIP GO?
IIT BOMBAY RACING PIT AT SILVERSTONE, FS – 2013
• Banners at Event Pit • Logo presence on carpet
• Logo space on the car
LAUNCH OF THE CAR AND MISCELLANEOUS EVENTS
• Invitation to dedicated testing days named after sponsors
• Mood Indigo – Asia’s Largest College Cultural Festival
• Car Exhibit with sponsor branding at
• Department festivals & technical poster presentations
• Techfest – Asia’s Largest Technical Festival
• Website http://www.iitbracing.org/ • Facebook page and other social networking websites
• Team Apparel • Driver gear
PRATIK CHINCHOLE IIT BOMBAY RACING +91-993 095 9903 firstname.lastname@example.org SONAM MOTWANI IIT BOMBAY RACING +91-887 947 0502 email@example.com
PULKIT GUPTA IIT BOMBAY RACING +91-961 998 5675 firstname.lastname@example.org
DEVDATTA PATANKAR IIT BOMBAY RACING +91-992 054 7655 email@example.com
SHREYANK THAKKER IIT BOMBAY RACING +91-975-741-1842 firstname.lastname@example.org
Today is the last slow day of our life. Weâ€™d be honoured to have you embark this journey too...