WH AT IN T H E WOR L D AR E YOU
WAIT IN G F OR ?
DONâ€™T SETTLE. Make your best BETTER.
FG 17 The 17th Celebration of Bovine Excellence Auction Night Phones: 419/350-9159 513/256-8575 Internet Bidding: 937/515-1194
Date New Location
Friday Evening, March 16, 2018 The Polaris Ballroom at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris Hotel 8700 Lyra Avenue — Columbus, OH 43240 1.888.864.8055
6:30 P.M. – Frozen Gold Social Heavy Hors d’Ouevres and Cocktails
Sponsored in-part by Kalmbach Feeds, Donor Solutions and Merck Animal Health
7:30 P.M. – Frozen Gold XVII Watch and bid live at liveauctions.tv!
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for news and instant updates @ptamn
FOR PAIN AND FEVER IN CATTLE, RELIEF IS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND.
New Banamine® Transdermal. The first FDA-approved pour-on for pain control in cattle. Pain and fever can cause cattle to go off feed. But new, easy-to-use Banamine® Transdermal (flunixin transdermal solution) helps get ‘em back where they belong. FDA-approved to control pain due to foot rot and fever due to BRD, Banamine Transdermal is the only non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) cattle product available with a convenient pour-on route of administration. Visit BanamineTD.com to learn more.
Frozen Gold 2018 | 7
SHOWCASING THE WORLD’S ELITE Important Sale Information Unless described or announced differently, the following terms will apply to each of the lots selling.
The Right to Flush
All lots described as “The Right to Flush” will carry the following guarantee. In all cases, a minimum of eight (8) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. In the event of any cow failing to produce the minimum number of embryos (8), the buyer will have the option of flushing the cow again until the minimum, and only the minimum, number of embryos is fulfilled, or the buyer may elect to have their money returned to them based upon a prorated price per embryo as determined by the auction price of the flush. In all cases, the buyer will assume the expenses associated with the embryo flush. The location and the technician used for the flushing procedure will be the choice of the seller and in most cases will be announced at the sale. Unless stated otherwise, the buyer will have the right to flush the female as soon as she is available. Terms of the Sale Please see each lot for details on each female’s availability. The duration Terms of the sale are cash or good check made payable of the agreement will be 12 months from the date of the sale. If the purto PrimeTIME immediately after the sale and before any chaser has not received embryos within this time period, all deposits will livestock or merchandise is exchanged. Except where be returned in full. If embryos are recovered but the balance of the flush described differently in this booklet, full payment is purchase price and flush expenses have not been paid by the purchaser expected on sale day. Invoiced accounts are due in full then all deposits will be forfeited and embryos retained by the seller(s). within 10 days of the sale date or may be subject to a 2% Pregnant Recipients finance charge on the tenth day and each tenth day In the case of already realized pregnancies (i.e. embryos that have been thereafter. Any person bidding on items in this auction implanted and confirmed pregnant) the buyer will pay 100% of the puragrees to these terms and conditions and understands that, chase sale day. Each of these recipient females has been examined for by bidding, they are entering into a binding contract bepregnancy by a qualified technician and is fully guaranteed to be carrying tween themselves and the seller(s) and that they will be the mating described with each lot. These cattle will sell without further held financially responsible for their actions. This includes guarantee. In the case of unrealized pregnancies, the seller will provide those people representing parties not present at the sale the buyer with a pregnant recipient female that is fully guaranteed to be carrying the mating described in its respective lot on or about unless approval is received from the sale manager prior to the time agreed upon by the buyer and seller. Buyer must take the sale. All bidding disputes will be settled by the auctiondelivery of and make full settlement for their pregnancy eer. purchase within 30 days of confirmation of the pregnancy and notification by the seller. All “sexed pregnancies” are fully guaranteed to be carrying the calf sex as determined in this booklet or as selected by Liability the buyer. No guarantee, expressed or implied, is made as to a live All persons who attend this sale do so at their own risk. calf, calf quality, or recipient value. In all cases, transportation will be the Neither the sale manager, auctioneer, employees, nor the responsibility of the buyer in cooperation with the seller. sellers may be held responsible for any accidents that may occur. Embryo Packages Unless described or announced differently, all embryos are Grade #1s and are fully guaranteed to consist of their respective mating described Location and Sale Headquarters herein. Due to the nature of this event and the wide range and The Polaris Ballroom at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris geographical locations of the buyers and sellers involved, no guarantee Hotel, 8700 Lyra Avenue — Columbus, OH 43240, can be made as to conception rate realized when using these embryos. 1.888.864.8055 However, if the buyer uses an embryo technician that is agreeable to the seller, and the buyer informs the seller of his intentions prior to implanting the embryos, at least one 90-day pregnancy will be guaranteed per three Room Reservations embryos sold. Many of the embryos will be available for transfer at the at Hotel Columbus/Polaris Hilton the Call auction. In all cases, if shipped the buyer will be responsible for all shipping arrangements and expense. 1.888.864.8055 and ask for the “Frozen Gold Block.”
Watch For Special Door Prizes at the Sale!
8 | Frozen Gold 2018
All semen is guaranteed to be of acceptable quality but no guarantee is made as to conception rate. Much of the semen will be available for transfer at the sale. In all cases, if shipped the buyer will be responsible for all shipping arrangements and expense.
Internet Bidding Procedures:
Live internet bidding is available at www.liveauctions.tv. You may watch the auction and bid on your favorite items in real-time.
Internet Bidding Questions May Be Directed to 937/515-1194 Internet bidders are responsible for all published updates/ corrections and/or announcements made from the auction stand prior to and during the auction. It is highly recommended that all bidders consult the sale update sheet and sale order and/or contact the owner(s) or sale manager prior to bidding. The sale management and auction staff bear no responsibility for the function of the internet broadcast. The sale management reserves the right to refuse bidding privileges at anytime.
Frozen Gold Storage and Shipping Services by:
Craig M. Reiter & Associates P.O. Box 305 Perrysburg, Ohio 43552 Phone: 877/800-9230 Sale days: 419/350-9159 firstname.lastname@example.org www.primetime.marketing
Col. Kevin Wendt, Auctioneer......... 419/566-1599 Col. Ron Kreis, Auctioneer.............. 740/683-3235 Greg Meyer........................ Clerk, 513/256-8575 Mark Murphy......................................... Ring Staff John Meents...........................................Ring Staff Richard Carmichael................................ Ring Staff Scott Mihalic.......................................... Ring Staff
Photo Archives: Lindsey Broek, The Voice Linde Sutherly, Lindeâ€™s Livestock Photos Scooter Lewis Lindsey Hanewich BJ Eick Graphic Design: Tiffany McComas
Embryos and semen not picked up sale night may be picked up at The Ohio Beef Expo during the weekend at either of these providers, please ask for specifics. Shipping and storage is also available though storage fees may apply if left for an extended time. All shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser(s).
Auction Night Phones: 419/350-9159 513/256-8575 Internet Bidding: 937/515-1194
Neither the owners, auctioneers, sale manager or other affiliated personnel may be held responsible for any accidents that may occur. PrimeTIME AgriMarketing NETWORK, Inc. acts only as an agent between buyer and seller and may not be held responsible for any livestock or merchandise. It is to be clearly understood that PrimeTIME AgriMarketing NETWORK, Inc. and its representatives act only as a medium between buyer and seller, and may not be held liable, financially or otherwise, for any failure on the part of the same to fulfill any obligations set forth in this sale or for the truth of any warranties expressed or implied. Neither does PrimeTIME AgriMarketing NETWORK, Inc. assume any financial obligations to collect or enforce the collection of monies between buyer and seller. This catalog has been prepared by the sale manager from information provided by the seller(s) and is assumed accurate as presented to us. However, PrimeTIME AgriMarketing NETWORK, Inc. will in no way guarantee age, pedigree, or reproductive status of the animals selling. All exceptions taken and adjustments made are between buyer and seller.
Broadcast live at liveauctions.tv // Updates at frozengold.net Frozen Gold 2018 | 9
SPECIAL LIVE LOT
A Frozen Gold Sire. He Sells.
Green Valley 535R
GVC Suh M.V.P. – Lot 1
ML MJ 23E ET “M.V.P.” 62.50% Maine-Anjou Bull 486956
Calved: February 9, 2017
BPF MERCEDES BENZ 131U NMR MATERNAL MADE NMR 004X NAGE WIDE TRACK 94J MISS GREEN VALLEY 535R MISS GREEN VALLEY 007K TH-Free / PHA-Free
Selling 100% Interest and Possession – Seller retains 100 straws of semen per year at collection cost From a legendary Maine-Anjou cow family and a Frozen Gold dam that created nothing but success during her career comes M.V.P., a Frozen Gold sire with impeccable quality and mammoth breeding potential. Judge for yourself sale night and we think you’ll agree that this bull presents elite performance and total quality that starts with his superb ground game, continues with his more-than-enough power, and ends with his breathtaking style. He is the one we’ve been waiting on but he is not the first game-changing sire from his now-deceased dam. The dam of M.V.P. was a magical Maine female and the top seller of the 2012 Green Valley Female Sale to Richard Jenkins, VA, after producing over $105,000 from 7 natural calves. Offspring from 535R include the $60,000 GVC Suh, and the high-selling GVC iBull plus several other top bulls and the $20,000 GVC Hearts Desire 009X that was a multiple winner for Kiley Elder, IA. Recent siblings to M.V.P. include the $27,5000 daughter of Team Blake that was Calf Champion Maine-Anjou Female of the 2017 North American International for Hanewich Cattle, IN, a $9,750 daughter by Irish Whiskey purchased by KO Cattle, OH, a $7,500 daughter by Bismarck owned by The Farmer Group, OH, and a strong herd sire at Martin Livestock by I-80. M.V.P. is the first calf by Maternal Made and there likely will be no more. Legendary matings produce legendary results. OFFERED BY MARTIN LIVESTOCK – BARGERSVILLE, INDIANA – 317.431.0618 – MARTINDREAMGIRLS.COM RICHARD JENKINS – ABINGDON, VIRGINIA
WATCH A CURRENT VIDEO OF M.V.P. NOW AT FROZENGOLD.NET
10 | Frozen Gold 2018
FRISKY WHISKEY Proven Power. He Sells.
SPECIAL LIVE LOT
$25,000 steer by Frisky Whiskey
Frisky Whiskey – Lot 2
ADW Frisky Whiskey 040Z 75 % Maine-Anjou Bull 440529
Calved: March 24, 2012
IRISH WHISKEY ADW KRUEL WHISKEY 730W DIAMOND K BLACKBIRD 3730 COWAN’S ALI 4M ADW XTRA SPECIAL 040 BKCC MISS BACHELOR 59P TH-Free / PHA-Carrier BW: 66
Selling 100% Possession – Semen rights are owned by Rodgers Cattle Company, IA
- More huge opportunities in the Frozen Gold Sire division, this new sale feature gives you the opportunity to purchase full possession (full use) of Frisky Whiskey, one of the most popular and proven high-Maine sires on today’s market. This proven calving ease and quality sire has been used extensively across the country and his progeny continue to top shows and sales annually. - Frisky Whiskey reduces birth weights while adding style and power – a very rare combination. Sons include AI sires like “Trade Secret” at Welshans Cattle, MI, and “Ferguson” at Paulsen Cattle, IA. Steer calves have been winners nationally with a long list of top sellers including the one shown here that sold for $25,000 for Copeland Cattle, NM. - A ton of great show heifers got their gifts from Frisky Whiskey. A few that are shown here include the multiple winners for the Peine, Morey, Bloch, and Eaton families but many more have topped sales and shows since the first crop hit the ground from this unique sire.
Sired by Frisky Whiskey
- This bull is far from used up – watch a current video now at www.frozengold.net – the Whites just have too many daughters in their herd to use Frisky Whiskey appropriately; his talents will be wasted if he stays there another season. - If you are in search of a truly great high-Maine bull that will leave you with a set of very marketable calves and likely will not cost you a ton at admission, this “Mature AI Sire Special” is surely the best deal you’ll be offered this spring. - Don’t settle. Make them better. Friskey Whiskey will help. OFFERED BY ADAM WHITE CATTLE – MT. HOPE, WISCONSIN – 608.732.8449 – ADAMWHITECATTLE.COM NOTE: RODGERS CATTLE COMPANY (RCC), IA, OWNS 100% SEMEN INTEREST ON FRISKY WHISKEY. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS RELATIONSHIP MAY BE DIRECTED TO THE SELLER OR RCC.
WATCH A CURRENT VIDEO OF FRISKY WHISKEY NOW AT FROZENGOLD.NET
Sired by Frisky Whiskey
Frozen Gold 2018 | 11
HOLLYWOOD DREAMS 24Y A Unique Leader - She Sells
SPECIAL LIVE LOT
Hollywood Dreams 24Y – Lot 3
THOM Hollywood Dreams 24Y Registered 13.48% American Chianina Cow #356,239
Calved: March 2, 2011
HEAT WAVE HOLLYWOOD 183R ADPR MA x AN 183 CHECKS IN THE MAIL THOMPSON M24 K23 TH-Carrier / PHA-Free
Selling 50% interest with negotiable possession Sells open and flushing with 6 embryos – 2 each by Silveira’s Style, Made 2 Order 2, and C&C McKinley
2016 Arkansas State Fair Grand Champion Steer
- This huge improvement and investment opportunity comes straight from the top of the winning herd at Green Oak Farms. We will offer lots of sure bets at Frozen Gold XVII but few will compare to this halfinterest option that gives you full access to one of the most successful donors in the elite GOF lineup. - Hollywood Dreams 24Y is the dam of a string of recent successes like her son by I Believe that was selected as the Grand Champion Steer of the 2016 Arkansas State Fair plus another that was a county fair winner in 2016 and a string of daughters that have been strong sellers in the 2016 and 2017 A League of Their Own Sale. She is one of the most bankable assets in the deep lineup at Green Oak posting revenue from two crops in excess of $70,000. - Study her pedigree and realize the options that await you with 24Y. She is a daughter of Hollywood, just like the dams of so many recent winners and high sellers like Goettemoeller’s dominant Maine-Anjou Champion that is featured herein for starters, and her higher percentage Chi pedigree makes everything from her registerable. - Posting a lifetime flush record in excess of 15 embryos per attempt, Hollywood Dreams 24Y calved last spring and she is looking great and really rolling in production; Green Oak is even throwing in some embryos so you can get started with her right away. Her calves hang purple banners and print black type every year. Now she can be yours.
I-80 x 24Y
OFFERED BY GREEN OAK FARMS – NEW PARIS, OHIO – GALE LONG, OWNER – DILLON DURHAM, MANAGER: 765.546.0395 – GREENOAKFARMS.COM
I Believe x 24Y
12 | Frozen Gold 2018
BLACK STAR T702
A Unique Leader - She Sells
$40,000 daughter of Lot 4
Built Right x Lot 4 CNS Black Star T702 Lot 4
SPECIAL LIVE LOT Built Right x Lot 4
$50,000 daughter of Lot 4
CNS BLACK STAR T702 PB SM 2389097
WLE POWER STROKE HC POWER DRIVE 88H KAPPES LADY IRISH F88 SAC MR MT 73G BH MISS MT 02K CCR BLACK STAR CE 7.6 | BW 2.9 | WW 48.4 | YW 70.7 | M 24.1 | API 107.8 | TI 54.2
Selling 50% Interest without possession Purchase price includes 4 IVF Female Embryos by GLS New Direction X184
$70,000 daughter of Lot 4
EBY/ADKS 5B Deacon 308A
Lot 4A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Silveira’s Style Lot 4B – Four IVF Female Embryos: 2 by Remington Lock N Load / 2 by ACW Iron Hide
- A real Simmental matron and the builder of many current successes within the breed, this great cow was the $80,000 top-seller of the historic dispersal at Lazy H Farm. To date, she is the dam of 66 recorded Simmental progeny, many of them breed movers. - Black Star T702 (a.k.a. Yankee) was a big winner during her day but she has been absolutely huge in the breeding pen. Her resume includes a long list of winning and top-producing cattle including 3 top sellers in a row for Lazy H Farm. Her daughters have now become elite producers themselves and the influence of this great cow can be felt far and wide in the breed. Daughters of Black Star by Built Right include: • $34,000 top seller of the 2010 Lazy H Game Day Sale to Grindstone Creek, MO • $30,000 heifer that was Reserve Grand Champion of both the 2013 Ft. Worth and San Antonio shows for the Maulsby family, TX • $70,000 heifer, produced from an embryo purchase, that was the Grand Champion of the 2013 Illinois State Fair • $25,000 to Circle M Farm, TX; winner of the 2012 Houston Livestock Show and a leading donor for them • $50,000 Lazy H Black Star Y201 owned by Trennepohl Farms, IN, and Spivey Farms, IL • $40,000 FSC1 Maria B407 owned by Circle T, TN, and Trennepohl Farms, IN
- Other progeny include the EBY Ranch and ABS Global sire, Deacon 308A, and daughters from $7,000-$15,000 by Dream On, Lock N Load, and more. This list includes a number of winners at Simmental majors, several produced from embryo sales. - Black Star T702 continues to build on her legacy of quality and profit. She has been a no-miss performer and her name continues to add value down through the generations. Cows like this one never go out of style. OFFERED BY DOUG SPRAGUE – MARIETTA, OHIO – 740.525.3166 LOT 4 IS OWNED WITH NANCY ADKINS, IL, WHO IS RETAINING HER 50% SHARE OF OWNERSHIP.
Frozen Gold 2018 | 13
The Denver Champion and Hudson Pines Dispersal Top Seller
Produce of WHF/PRS/HPF Alley 247Y Registered PB American Simmental Cow #2,637,396 TNT TOP GUN R244 JF MILESTONE 999W MS MAXIE LOU M112S CNS DREAM ON L186 WHF SIERRA 245S WHF BLACK JASMINE 240J
Lot 5A – The Right to One IVF Cycle of Alley 247Y
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 10 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. 247Y is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
Lot 5B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Silveira’s Style or Quantum Leap Available for shipping sale night from TransOva, IA
Lot 5C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Pay the Price or Hammer Time Available for shipping sale night from TransOva, IA
- The stars will be out this March 16th and beautiful, proven purebreds like this will take center stage where they belong. This gorgeous lady was the top seller of the historic Hudson Pines Farms Dispersal after huge wins on the show trail and huge production in the donor pen. - Alley 247Y was the 2013 National Western Grand Champion Simmental Female and her success in the HPF breeding program is well documented with a lifetime progeny well in excess of $10,000 per head. The 2018 Denver One Sale featured a $37,500 daughter by Duracell selling to Denning Farms, IA, and previous progeny include a $32,000 daughter to Tylertown, TN, a $22,000 daughter to Ivie & Sons, TN, a $28,000 daughter to Kydie Jo Smith, OK, a $26,000 daughter to Sullivan Farms, IA, and an $11,000 daughter to Haley Farms. Additionally, in the dispersal where Alley was the Lot 1 feature, another daughter by SAV Brilliance sold for $35,000 to Pine Creek/Hafner/Schick, IL. - Alley 247Y has settled in nicely to her new home and is already rolling in production. She offers an exciting growth profile with maximum body capacity and the unique ability to transit her power to the next generation with consistency. - Truly great females do not come for sale very often but Parks Show Cattle grabbed Alley 247Y in the peak of her productive life and now they are sharing these profit and improvement opportunities with you. They do not intend to do so very often so grab on to this breed elite while you can! OFFERED BY PARKS SHOW CATTLE – METAMORA, MICHIGAN – DAVID PARKS – 248.765.7844 DAVID EBERSOLE, GENERAL MANAGER: 319.781.2074
14 | Frozen Gold 2018
MS IMPULSIVE 546B
Chopper’s Best / Red is the New Black
Ms Impulsive 546B
FGCF Ms Impulsive 546B Registered 50% American Simmental Cow 2,910,098 SVF STEEL FORCE S701 ZKCC CHOPPER 844U MS MEYER 31S1 OF TH WYR IMPULSE GRANNY’S MISS IMPULSE 28T OCC QUEEN 927
Lot 6 – The Right to Flush Ms Impulsive 546B
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer with no cap. 546B may be flushed in late April or early May 2018. If the first flush is selected by the buyer the procedure will be IVF, if the flush is performed later the procedure may be conventional if desired. Guarantee is void if sexed semen is used in the flush.
- This bold and beautiful red lady by the great Chopper was the high-selling – and much-admired – female of the 2018 Martin Dual Threat Sale and she is stacked with generations of cow power that run much deeper than her great looks alone.
Miss Impulse 28T
- She has been a standout since she hit the dirt and she has provided no-miss profit and enjoyment every step of the way. Her first two natural calves brought in excellent premiums but the best is undoubtedly yet to come as this impeccable redhead reaches maturity and enters intensive production. - This one is all grace and feminine angles with a perfect belly sweep, frame score, and udder to match. If you want to watch a great cow video, give this one a view; it gathered more views on YouTube than the winter Olympics. - Her quality is no accident being the product of a high-production daughter of the National Champion, WYR Impulse, that was a leader at Granny Creek Farms before selling to Stoppel Chiangus, KS. Furthermore, her second dam is the foundation donor, OCC Queen 927J, that was a huge producer for Lawrence Cattle, OH, and Boyer Show Cattle, OH. - As good looking and versatile as they get, 546B also carries 6% Chi blood to make your service sire options even more interesting. There’s nothing “impulsive” about this unique lady, she was bred to be great. OFFERED BY GRANNY CREEK FARM – MT. VERNON, OHIO – MIKE AND JODY FORMAN: 614.332.0746
OCC Queen 927
Frozen Gold 2018 | 15
THE SERENA SLAM
Heifer Pregnancies of HF Serena 74Y
Registered PB American Simmental Cow #2,584,182 ELLINGSON LEGACY M229 MR NLC UPGRADE U8676 MS NLC MOJO S6119 B SS GOLDMINE L42 MISS KNOCKOUT 74T SLOW POKE 74R
Lot 7A – Confirmed Heifer Pregnancy by TJSC Optimus Prime Due to calve August 12, 2018 – Recipient is a crossbred cow
Lot 7B – Confirmed Heifer Pregnancy by BC Lookout Due to calve July 15, 2018 – Recipient is a crossbred cow
Lot 7C – Confirmed Heifer Pregnancy by SMA Watch Out 482 Due to calve July 1, 2018 – Recipient is a crossbred cow Selling the Buyer’s Choice of Heifer Pregnancies - This Frozen Gold exclusive gives you a front row seat to the incredible success of Serena 74Y, Upgrade’s greatest daughter with progeny sales that are rapidly nearing $2 million. Serena 74Y was a dominant winner – Grand at Louisville Junior and Open, Grand at the Simmental Junior National, Supreme at the Indiana State Fair to name a few – and she has become a dominant producer of champions herself with sons and daughters winning major shows nearly each year she has been in production. - The 2015 Frozen Gold featured the opportunity to flush this great cow and that flush went on to yield winning daughters – one of them is featured here - selling as high as $100,000 and winning sons over $50,000. Serena 74Y delivers bankable success that cannot be denied. - Consider that Trennepohl Farms has sold only 3 pregnancies from this cow; those pregnancies have produced a state fair champion and successful donor for Prospect Cattle, OH, the $15,000 top seller of the 2017 Farmers Daughters Sale, and the multiple winner featured here in Lot 9. - Be the winning bidder and then pick any sire of these guaranteed heifer calves, you know it’s going to work. Big time.
16 | Frozen Gold 2018
Lot 7D – Embryos of HF Serena 74Y Registered PB American Simmental Cow #2,584,182
Lot 7E – Three IVF Female Embryos by GSC GCCO Dew North 102C Available for shipping sale night from TransOva, IA
- The strength of the almighty Serena 74Y blended with the red-hot winning power of Dew North 102C. The service sire here is the 2018 Ft. Worth Grand Champion and 2017 NAILE Reserve Champion Simmental Bull, and his build and unique blood will offer an exciting twist on the proven success of Serena 74Y. - Has there ever been a purebred Simmental cow that produces winners like Serena 74Y? Remember that in 2016 not less than 5 class winners at the AJSA National Classic were Serena daughters with one of them winning the Indiana State Fair Junior Simmental Show for Hailey Hedrick, IN, where a half-blood daughter of Serena 74Y was selected as the Fifth Overall Heifer, while two different Serena 74Y sons were selected as Reserve Grand Champions in Louisville and Denver where another son won the calf division, with another daughter winning Supreme Champion of the MI Beef Expo, and yet another daughter being selected as the Reserve Grand Female of the Dixie National. Say what?!? OFFERED BY TRENNEPOHL FARMS – MIDDLETOWN, INDIANA – 765.620.1700 OR 765.620.0733 – TRENNEPOHLFARMS.COM
Serena D74 “Lila”
Registered PB American Simmental Cow #3,146,263 CNS DREAM ON L186 WS PILGRIM H182U WS MARLA 276M MR NLC UPGRADE U8676 HF SERENA 74Y MISS KNOCKOUT 74T
Lot 8 – The Right to One IVF Cycle of Serena D74
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 10 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. D74 is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- Bred in the ballroom and produced from an amazing flush of Serena 74Y that generated nearly $225,000 in sales with more to come, this beautiful Pilgrim is the picture of Simmental maternal excellence. Her amazing structure and uncommon good looks and femininity propelled her to big wins; she is arguably the most unique of the winning daughters of Serena 74Y in production now.
Serena D74 “Lila”
- Claire Trennepohl guided this heifer to wins in the Calf Division in Denver and she was Reserve Grand Champion Purebred Female of the 2017 AJSA National Classic and the 2017 NAILE Junior Show. She entered production with a bang when her first daughter by PVF Insight arrived and they will be a force to reckon with this summer. - Serena D74 “Lila” was the top seller of an amazing flush that included a $60,000 full sister and the $50,000, STCC Plymouth Rock, from a dam that has produced over $1.5 million in progeny sales and a huge string of major winners. - Serena breeds on like no other and history is doomed to repeat itself. This Serena Slam will be heard from. OFFERED BY TRENNEPOHL FARMS – MIDDLETOWN, INDIANA – 765.620.1700 OR 765.620.0733 – TRENNEPOHLFARMS.COM PHELPS FARMS – MILFORD CENTER, OHIO CIRCLE T SIMMENTAL – BEECHGROVE, TENNESSEE
STCC Believe In Serena Registered PB American Simmental Cow #3,007,559 CNS PAYS TO DREAM T759 LLSF PAYS TO BELIEVE ZU194 LLSF UR A BABY DOLL U194 MR NLC UPGRADE U8676 HF SERENA 74Y MISS KNOCKOUT 74T
Lot 9 – Three IVF female embryos by Quantum Leap Serena 74Y
Available for shipping sale night from TransOva, IA
- This is a powerful Simmental package that is sure to be heard from! This “Serena Slam” gives you access to not only the amazing Serena 74Y but also two of her most exciting daughters. - The way-powerful donor featured here was PRODUCED FROM A PREGNANCY PURCHASE and went on to be one of Serena’s most decorated daughters winning the Supreme Championship of the 2016 Michigan Beef Expo and Sixth Overall Purebred Female of the 2016 AJSA National Classic. She is one of only three produced from this mating; the others were Hailey Hedrick’s Third Overall Female of the 2016 AJSA Summer Classic and Grand Champion of the Indiana State Fair, and the outstanding - and now-deceased - Trennepohl herd sire, STCC Believer Out of Me. - This blend with Quantum Leap, sire of a huge string of recent winners including the 2017 Louisville Junior Simmental Grand, lines up some of the best bets in the ASA herd book. Never bet against a Serena. OFFERED BY TRENNEPOHL FARMS – MIDDLETOWN, INDIANA – 765.620.1700 OR 765.620.0733 – TRENNEPOHLFARMS.COM RICHARD JENKINS – ABINGDON, VIRGINIA
Believe In Serena 055C
Frozen Gold 2018 | 17
HARA’S MISS PRINCESS 101Z Solid Gold Blood for the Frozen Gold
Broker x Hairietta
Hara’s Princess 101Z
Hara’s Miss Princess 101Z 50% American Simmental Female 2,647,762 SVF STEEL FORCE S701 MR HOC BROKER JM BF H25 WHO MADE WHO 411F HARAS HAIRIETTA CLONE H3W ANGUS
Broker x Hairietta
Lot 10 – The Right to Flush Princess 101Z
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 15 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. Princess 101Z is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- This stunning blaze-faced donor is the product of one of the most successful and decorated pedigrees in the history of the show cattle business from one of greatest show cattle producing lines of all time, the Hairietta Team. Hara Farms calls Princess 101Z, “Simply the best cow we have ever sold, bar none.” Time will tell on that one, but all you need to do is look at this beautiful creature to know that you’ve got have a piece of her.
Broker x Hairietta
- Broker and Hairietta; what a match they have been; one for the record books for sure. Full sisters to Princess 101Z include 3 National Western Champions, 2 Louisville Sim-Solution Champions, the 2017 Indiana State Fair Supreme Champion, back-to-back Keystone Reserve Supremes, Houston, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, Hoosier Congress, Kansas Expo, American Royal, Badger Kick-Off and on and on. - Princess 101Z is a flush mate to the $190,000 record-selling Sim-Solution female sold by Hartman Cattle, NE, that was a Denver Champion for Maddy Udell, IA. This is the cow Hara Farms elected to keep that year. She was shown one time and she won the Ohio Expo. - Recent production from full sisters to 101Z includes the 2016 NAILE Calf Champion Female from Udell Farms, IA, who also produced a $50,000 product that was Reserve Calf Champion at Louisville in 2017 while Campbell Show Cattle, PA, raised the Reserve Sim-Solution of the 2017 Simmental Sweepstakes with their full sister to Princess 101Z. There is much more and, really, this new generation of Hairietta daughters is just getting started; see recent embryo sales for big proof. - Soehnlen Cattle grabbed Princess 101Z as the second-high seller of the 2017 Holiday Classic Sale and she promptly delivered a very promising heifer calf for them. This may be the only flush they will ever sell from her. Hold on tight!
Broker x Hairietta
OFFERED BY SOEHNLEN CATTLE – NAVARRE, OHIO – THE DAVE AND LORI SOEHNLEN FAMILY – STAN: 330.312.1147
WATCH A VIDEO OF PRINCESS 101Z NOW AT FROZENGOLD.NET 18 | Frozen Gold 2018
HARA’S MISS USA
A Living Legend that Creates Success for All
Hara’s Miss USA
Hara’s Miss USA 2S
Registered 50% American Simmental Cow #2,342,210 MR BLACK GX 6W MEYER RANCH 734 MISS GX 728R WHO MADE WHO WAG HAIRIETTA 9145J CAX WAG ANGUS
Lot 11 – The Right to Flush Miss USA
Monopoly x Miss USA
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 10 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. Miss USA is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- Now the dam of more than $800,000 in progeny sales, Frozen Gold buyers love Hara’s Miss USA! This one-of-a-kind female has delivered success for so many people in the business and this opportunity to flush her your way is one of the surest bets we can offer this year. This is the only time the right to flush her has been sold.
Monopoly x Miss USA
- Miss USA is, of course, the winningest Meyer 734 daughter ever having won the Simmental Triple Crown in 2007-2008, she is the only Sim-Solution female to do so. Along with her sisters, this cow has been a steady profit source from previous Frozen Gold events with a long list of accomplishments achieved by buyers of her genetic packages. The Meyer 734 x Hairietta blend was truly one for the ages and Miss USA surely takes the prize as the most potent and lasting animal to surface from that game-changing combination. - Miss USA consistently produces high dollar steers and heifers that sell high and win. Previous Frozen Gold embryo sales from this cow have produced AI sires and winning show cattle plus bred heifers selling for as much as $24,000 and steers up to $36,000 with too long of a list selling for big premiums in between. She has worked her magic with Simmental, Maine, Chi, and exotic sires; she just delivers the goods. - This cow flushes like a champ - conventional or IVF and even if you use reverse sorted sexed semen. The Miss USA name adds plenty of value to each calf she produces. OFFERED BY HARA FARMS, LLC – DUBLIN, OHIO – CHARLES, MARK, AND JEFF HARA – 937.478.8431 OR 614.554.3402
Frozen Gold 2018 | 19
CAMPBELLCO SANGRIA 015Y Frozen Gold Success Breeding On
Embryos of Campbellco Sangria 015Y 9.98% American Chianina Cow 355048 / 50% Simmental Cow GF MAXIMUS 391N CAMPCO BRAVEHEART 832 WW MISS MONA 125K ADVANCE GIT ER DUNN CAMPCO 914W CFCC PENELOPE 402T
Lot 12A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Comfort Zone Lot 12B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Pays to Believe Available for pickup or shipping sale night
State of Mind
- The Frozen Gold debut of Campbellco Sangria! These embryos will produce 100% heifer calves, all of them siblings to the hottest cattle to emerge from one of Ohio’s most decorated show cattle herds. - Sangria was bred in the ballroom – her sire was raised from a previous Frozen Gold embryo purchase - and she has turned into a magnificent producer. She blended with Comfort Zone to produce not only the new Campbellco and Competitive Edge sire, State of Mind, but also the Pryor family’s 4th Overall Female of the 2015 Iowa State Fair, one of the best heifers ever raised at Campbellco. Other calves from Sangria include outstanding young cows in the Campbellco herd plus a son., A.P.O., that was selected as the Grand Champion Chi Bull of the 2013 Ohio State Fair. - These embryos will yield 100% heifer calves. This combination with Comfort Zone is well proven and this new blend with Pays to Believe will produce 75% Simmental heifer calves that will make great selling stock – if you can bear to let them go. OFFERED BY CAMPBELLCO CATTLE – CEDARVILLE, OHIO – DAVE, JODY, AND BLAKE CAMPBELL – 937.206.5303
Full sister to State of Mind
20 | Frozen Gold 2018
Bred to Win & Delivering As Promised
I-80 x Beyonce
Embryos of S&S Beyonce W95 50% American Simmental Cow 2,497,761 FAMOUS 7001 GAMBLES HOT ROD CHAMPION HILL LADY 703 G&L AVALANCHE 149F S&S PENNIES FROM HEAVEN P29 WAR O’FANCY PANTS 603
Lot 14A – Three IVF Embryos by Who Da Man Lot 14B – Three IVF Female Embryos by I-80
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- S&S Beyonce W95 was bred from the deep foundation at Schaffer Show Cattle from a Frozen Gold dam and she is a former Louisville and Hoosier Congress Champion that is delivering as promised – and more. - This is a big impact performer with the ability to create champions and great revenue. Beyonce W95 is already the dam of more than $290,000 in production with daughters like a $17,000 Monopoly and her $18,000 sister by Smilin’ Bob that won Div. 1 of the 2014 Hoosier Congress for the Brad Johnson family. A white-footed daughter by Bodacious brought $12,000, several steers have sold for $4000-7500, and so far this wonderful cow has recorded a lifetime average of $7,000 per calf.
Smilin’ Bob x Beyonce
- Her most recent success came in the form of the highly-touted I-80 daughter raised by Pettigrew Farms, IN, from an embryo purchase. That heifer, shown by Sara Sullivan, IA, has been selected as the Grand Champion MaineTainer Female of the 2018 Ft. Worth Stock Show and Fifth Overall of the 2018 Iowa Beef Expo. - Beyonce is an absolute beast on the hoof and in the donor pen. She is a daughter of the $40,000 foundation donor, Pennies From Heaven P29, and her daughters make great producers themselves with two of them already producing calves that have sold for more than $7,000. - These embryo packages feature her well-proven success with I-80 and her very first rendezvous with the almighty Who Da Man. Go Beyonce go! OFFERED BY SCHAEFFER SHOW CATTLE – HAGERSTOWN, INDIANA – TIM & EMILY SCHAFFER: 765.541.0738
Monopoly x Beyonce
Frozen Gold 2018 | 21
BARBARA D16 “BARBIE”
The 2017 Simmental Junior National Champion
Produce of KNRF Barbara D16 “Barbie” Purebred American Simmental Cow 3,128,701 LONG’S SHEAR PLEASURE TLLC ONE EYED JACK LONG’S MISS SWEET TREAT MR NLC UPGRADE KNRF UPGRADE BARBARA A9 SALUTE BARBARA X212 CE 6.2 BW 2.0 WW 61.7 YW 90.5 M 17.7 API 117.9 TI 71.7
Lot 15A – Three IVF Female Embryos by SC Pay the Price Lot 15B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Mr HOC Broker Lot 15C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Silveira’s Style Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- It’s time grab this rocket and enjoy the ride! Barbie D16 is the reigning AJSA National Classic Grand Champion Simmental Female and one of the youngest donors in the deep, deep battery at Schaeffer Show Cattle. You know this rocket is going to blast off and these special profit packages should give you the best seats. - Mattie Drew Doerstler, IN, guided this lovely lady to multiple banners a year ago and she entered production with a bang this spring. Barbie D16 is quite a sight to see with her unthinkable front end on such a massive body and now she is sporting a beautiful udder. She is a new purebred base that the Schaeffer team will be building around for years to come and they know how to make cows like her really work. - Barbie is blended here with some certain recipes for success like the back-to-back National Western Grand Champion and now $500,000 SC Pay the Price, and the undeniable excellence of Broker and Style. This Barbie is a beauty for sure, but she ain’t no play thing. Get to work. OFFERED BY SCHAEFFER SHOW CATTLE – HAGERSTOWN, INDIANA – TIM & EMILY SCHAFFER: 765.541.0738
THE TABLES ARE BACK!
Tables are available this year but reservations are not accepted. AUCTION TIME: 7:30 PM EST
22 | Frozen Gold 2018
CARD “SASSY” 020Y
The dam of Snap Chat and much more
Embryos of GCC Miss Chopper 020Y “Sassy” 50% American Simmental Cow 2,624,668 SVF STEEL FORCE S701 ZKCC CHOPPER 844U MS MEYER 3151 OF TH IRISH WHISKEY GCC MISS WHISKEY 16/5R GCC MISS CHILL 2082
CARD Sassy 220B
Lot 16A – Three IVF Female Embryos by SC Pay the Price Lot 16B – Three IVF Female Embryos by W/C Relentless Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- A brilliant performer that is more than ready for the ballroom, Sassy 020Y is the dam of astonishing success in her young life. This is her first embryo offering and, judging by her amazing consistency, it may be the best investment you make this year.
- From four natural calves, Sassy 020Y is the dam of three AI sires and one donor. Her first was Snap Chat, the calving-ease and quality sensation whose semen sales are featured here again this year after siring four different major winners in his first crop. Her second was the $16,500 full sister to Snap Chat that is a young leader for Doug Stork, MI, and her third was Chatterbox by Pilgrim, the now-proven sire of quality at Martin Livestock, IN. The fourth calf from this cow was Tinder 2020D, the $54,000-valued top seller of our 2017 Frozen Gold Sale by Pays to Believe that sold to Gillespie and Ehnis, IL. - Sassy has been bulletproof in production to say the least. Her embryo sales debut features new angles on her proven success and, though it may be unwise to let these packages loose, it would certainly be unwise to bet against her. OFFERED BY CARDINAL CATTLE COMPANY – WYOMING, ILLINOIS – JEFF WISNEFSKI, MGR: 815.274.3860 – CARDINALCATTLECOMPANY.COM
Frozen Gold 2018 | 23
Simmentals Sweet Like Honey
Classen x Honey
Classen x Honey
Embryos of HPF Ms Honey R007 Purebred American Simmental Cow 2,288,113 TCF/RCC TEMPTATION GJ640 SHS NAVIGATOR N2B ROCKY HILLS JO GW TAILOR MADE 515A LBS PASSION MAID 4F LBS MS BLACK PASSION 34D
Style x Honey
Lot 17A – Three IVF Female Embryos by SC Pay the Price Lot 17B – Three IVF Female Embryos by EXAR Classen Lot 17C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Silveira’s Style
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- This 2-time Simmental major champion – Grand at the National Junior Show and the North American and Reserve at the National Western – was quite a show heifer and she has become a banner-making machine as a donor at Schaeffer Show Cattle. - Her outcross pedigree and impeccable design has made her quite a match with a variety of sires and she keeps getting hotter with each new calf crop. These potent embryo packages give you access to some of her greatest successes plus a chance to build something new with the 2-time Denver Champion, Pay the Price.
Classen x Honey
- After producing the $25,000 S&S Sweet Dreams by Dream On in 2015, the spring of 2016 brought two daughters of Honey R007 that sold for $60,000 and $40,000 before they won both the Sim-Solution and Purebred calf divisions in Louisville. Fact check us, but we do not think that had been done before or since. - The spring of 2017 was even better when Honey yielded a string of high-sellers by Classen and Style that have become dominant forces on the show trail this season. Daughters by Classen were selected as the Reserve Grand Champion (from the calf division) of the 2017 NAILE Simmental Show, Supreme Champion of the Kansas Beef Expo, Supreme Champion of the Kansas Classic, Early Spring Calf Champion of the National Western Junior Show, and Reserve Supreme Champion of the Ohio Heart Of it All Preview and the Purdue AGR Preview. - Daughters by Style won the Calf Division in the National Western Open Sim-Solution Show, the Keystone International, and the National Sim-Solution Show in Ft. Worth. - Make ‘em sweet, like Honey. Own all of these and smile. OFFERED BY SCHAEFFER SHOW CATTLE – HAGERSTOWN, INDIANA – TIM & EMILY SCHAFFER: 765.541.0738
24 | Frozen Gold 2018
Sure Things from Schaeffer’s Best
Who Dat Lady 2037Z
Choice of Embryos by Blacklist 7077
Purebred Angus Bull: PVF Insight x Dameron First Class x Saugahtachee 3000C
DONOR OPTION A:
DONOR OPTION B:
Who Dat Lady 2037Z
HPF HONEY R007
WHO MADE WHO 411F ASHW WHO DA MAN 55N ASHW CA x MA x SM 55 HEAT SEEKER JSUL 6640 6651 STOCKMAN
TCF/RCC TEMPTATION GJ640 SHS NAVIGATOR N2B ROCKY HILLS JO GW TAILOR MADE 515A LBS PASSION MAID 4F LBS MS BLACK PASSION 34D
Lot 18A – Three IVF Female Embryos by PVF Blacklist 7077
Lot 18B – Three IVF Female Embryos by PVF Blacklist 7077
13.08% American Chi Cow 363566
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
Purebred American Simmental Cow 2,288,113
HPF Ms Honey R007
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- These smoldering-hot embryo packages feature the hottest – and most decorated – females in the Schaeffer Show Cattle lineup with their newest herd sire, PVF Blacklist 7077. - The excitement surrounding Blacklist has exploded since his Denver display where he was heralded by many for his ultra-complete design, deep pedigree, and exciting potential with both pure and crossbred combinations. He is great for sure, but he will surely get a big boost when matched with females like those featured here.
2017 National Jr. Chi Show Grand Champion
- Lot 18A matches Blacklist with the magical Who Dat Lady 2037Z, the National Champion Chi Female that has become a constant source of wins in each of her crops. Who Dat Lady 2037 is the dam of both the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion Chi Females of the 2017 National Junior Show – wow! – plus an awesome string of high sellers and winners like High Style, the Frozen Gold sire that is doing great things for Executive Sires, VA, who purchased him here a year ago. Who Dat Lady’s greatest successes so far have been by Silveira’s Style; she ought to be a stone cold lock with Blacklist. - Lot 18B matches Blacklist with HPF Honey R007, the major champion producer of major champions whose embryos are also featured here in Lot 17. Honey has been lighting it up with Classen and Style; she will murder it with Blacklist. OFFERED BY SCHAEFFER SHOW CATTLE – HAGERSTOWN, INDIANA – TIM & EMILY SCHAFFER: 765.541.0738
2017 National Jr. Chi Show Reserve Champion
Frozen Gold 2018 | 25
The Dam of County O – The Denver High Seller
Embryos of Ruby NFF Rhythm 475B Purebred American Simmental Cow 2,871,254 SVF STEEL FORCE S701 AJE/PB MONTECITO 63W KS MISS SHES SO SWEET 9 PVF-BF BF26 BLACK JOKER RHYTHM 418P DOUBLE R SHESTHEONE K18
Lot 19A – Three Embryos by W/C Loaded Up Lot 19B – Three Embryos by W/C Loaded Up
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- This embryo sales debut of Rhythm 475B is a big one! These embryos will produce full siblings to arguably the hottest yearling, purebred Simmental bull in the business, GEFF County O. - County O was the $351,000-valued high seller of the 2018 National Western Stock Show where he was heralded for his next-level combination of power, good looks, performance, and impeccable design. County O is sure to have a large impact on the industry and this opportunity to own your own full siblings will put you ahead of the game. - Study this pedigree. The sire of the embryos is the $480,000-valued Loaded Up, one of the most unique purebred Simmental bulls available today and the sire of a huge variety of high sellers and winners. The donor dam, Rhythm 475B, gets a strong shot of maternal quality and show ring good looks with the presence of Black Joker, Power Drive, and the great She’s So Sweet line that is also featured here in Lot 20. - Power, performance, and great looks are hard to build in package, especially in a purebred. We all seek it. Loaded Up and Rhythm 475B deliver it. OFFERED BY GEFFERT CATTLE COMPANY – LAVALLE, WISCONSIN – SHEA AND KRISHA GEFFERT: 608.963.5895
Come Early. Stay Late. The Frozen Gold Has a New Home! Call 888.864.8055 or visit frozengold.net for reservations
26 | Frozen Gold 2018
SHE’S TWO SWEET 118C
The Next Big Thing from a Great Line – With a Twist
KS She’s So Sweet 98R
She’s Two Sweet 118C
Siever’s She’s Two Sweet 118C 50% American Simmental Cow 3,376,903 MEYER RANCH 734 MAXIMUS 391 G720 3C PICASSO F955 BZ LVCC MRS PICASSO 180 T180
Lot 20 – The Right to Flush She’s Two Sweet 118C
TJSC Hammer Time
Special terms of the flush: Semen from SC PAY THE PRICE IS INCLUDED in the purchase price if the buyer selects that sire. Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 15 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. 118C is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- Light a fire in your foundation in a hurry with this big flush option – the first one ever offered – from She’s Two Sweet 118C, the next big thing from the She’s So Sweet line that has created so much success for so many. - This incredible cow family has been delivering the big hits over multiple generations and it may be coming off its best year yet. The 2018 National Western Simmental Show showcased the strength of this cow family when Jones Show Cattle, OH, and their customers showed both the Grand Champion Simmental Female and the $100,000 Reserve Grand Champion Bull, Hammer Time, from daughters of the deceased full sister to She’s Two Sweet 118C, KS She’s So Sweet 98R.
2018 National Western Grand Champion Simmental Female
- The She’s So Sweet line has been the source of a sustained string of success that will rival any in the business. Multiple big winners and great sires like Optimus Prime, Vindication, and Montecito (sire of the Lot 19 donor) got the goods from this cow family. - This special flush option gives you the chance to blend both of the 2018 National Western Champion Simmental Bulls. Hammer Time, the Reserve Champion, was produced from this cow line and we are throwing in semen from Pay the Price, the Grand Champion, should you elect to go that route. OFFERED BY MARTIN LIVESTOCK – BARGERSVILLE, INDIANA – JIMMY AND MANDY MARTIN: 317.431.0618 – MARTINDREAMGIRLS.COM FISHER CATTLE FARM – HARROD, OHIO – KEVIN: 419.302.7261
Pay the Price
Frozen Gold 2018 | 27
HARA’S/CHERRY KNOLL ERICA 1315 Dam of the Hottest Angus Heifer on the Circuit
Paradox x Erica 1315
Paradox x Erica 1315
Embryos of Hara’s/Cherry Knoll Erica 1315 Registered American Angus Cow #+17600302
EXG RS FIRST RATE S903 R3 DAMERON FIRST CLASS DAMERON NORTHERN MISS 3114 WAR COWBOY UP 3102 HARA’S DIXIE ERICA 09 DCC DIXIE ERICA 001
Lot 21A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Plum Creek Paradox 161B Lot 21B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Plum Creek Paradox 161B Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- Your exclusive Frozen Gold ticket to the Winners’ Circle, these bundles of Angus joy come giftwrapped in black hides and purple banners. This is the embryo sales debut for Haras/Cherry Knoll Erica 1315 and it is only fitting seeing that this great cow got her start in this ballroom.
- These heifer embryos by Paradox will produce full sisters to the hottest heifer so far in 2018! That heifer has been nearly unstoppable in the hands of Kathy Lehman winning Grand Champion Angus 8 times, Supreme Overall Female 6 times and Reserve Supreme Champion one time so far. For a purebred female to win the Supreme slot these days, you know how good she needs to be. Kathy’s heifer is a breakaway leader in the Ohio’s BEST Circuit so far with more than 2x the points of the second place heifer that was also bred by Hara Farms. - That heifer was a $72,500 feature of the 2017 Sullivan Maternal Legends Sale and she looks to be just the start from Erica 1315 that was herself a great show heifer winning Sioux Falls and the Eastern Regional in some of her few times shown. - This is the great Hara Angus cow family that got its start in the Frozen Gold; the same family that recently produced the $300,000 “The Show” Angus sire and his amazing sisters along with multiple high sellers this fall. This is the Angus cow family that is anchored by DCC Dixie Erica 001, one of the first Frozen Gold record setters and the catalyst of the success at Duff Cattle Company, OK. OFFERED BY HARA FARMS, LLC – DUBLIN, OHIO – CHARLES, MARK, AND JEFF HARA – 937.478.8431 OR 614.554.3402
Dixie Erica 001
28 | Frozen Gold 2018
CHAMPION HILL GEORGINA 8408 White-Hot Combinations from Black Angus Elites
Champion Hill Georgina 4402
22 Coleman Bravo
Embryos of Champion Hill Georgina 8408 Registered American Angus Cow *17796623
SAV MANDAN 5664 SAV BRAVE 8320 SAV MAY 2397 SAV BISMARCK 5682 CHAMPION HILL GEORGINA 72561 CHAMPION HILL GEORGINA 4402 CED +8 BW +2.6 WW +49 YW +79 M +27
Lot 22A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Coleman Bravo Lot 22B – Three IVF Female Embryos by C&C Priority Lot 22C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Plainview Lutton E102 Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- Strengthen your fundamentals in high style with this huge embryo sales debut of Georgina 8408, the $45,000 high selling full-interest cow of the historic dispersal at Champion Hill Farms, OH. This is the cow that Kelly Schaff, ND, proclaimed from the block as “maybe the best Angus female that Paul Hill ever produced”. Her very first calf brought $55,000 that day so I’d say she is off to a strong start and Kelly might be right. - The Georgina cow family has had an incredible impact upon Angus show and sale rings for generations and this cow family was the runaway favorite of the Champion Hill Dispersal producing nearly all of the high sellers in each division. Georgina 8408 is a beautiful blend of proven stock with the ideal size and construction plus the elite blood that it takes to create special results. Her dam and her maternal sisters formed one of the most profitable and in-demand families of Angus cattle in the history of the breed. - She is blended here with the now $900,000-valued cow-maker, Coleman Bravo, the phenotype leader C&C Priority by Dameron First Class, and the ever-valuable and consistent “Lut”. - Build a special foundation with these Angus elites and make your cow herd great again! An investment here and the subsequent heifer calves that it yields will pay you back now and for a very long time. OFFERED BY CARDINAL CATTLE COMPANY – WYOMING, ILLINOIS – JEFF WISNEFSKI, MGR: 815.274.3860 – CARDINALCATTLECOMPANY.COM CANTWELL CATTLE, LLC – TOULON, ILLINOIS – 309.238.7149
Frozen Gold 2018 | 29
CARD CAMMIE 406W
Build Your Program. Make it Special.
Pure Product x Lot 23
Lot 23 “Cammie”
First-N-Goal x Lot 23
Embryos of CARD Camilla 406W “Cammie” Registered American Angus Cow 16464039 EXAR LUTTON 1831 PLAINVIEW LUTTON E102 PLAINVIEW PRIDE C123 WAR WAGONHAMMER 3521 HCA CAMILLA 406 QLC C1 CAMILLA D206N
Lot 23A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Musgrave Sky High Lot 23B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Colburn Primo - One sexy and potent Angus cow for sure, Camilla 406W is proven to produce even better than she looks – she is a 100% premium performer - and these 100% heifer calves by two of today’s hottest ought to be just the ticket. Together, they present another great opportunity to strengthen your cow herd fundamentals quickly and get paid well along the way.
- This Lot 1 feature of the 2017 Program Female Sale has long been a Cardinal pasture favorite and go-to source of success. She was a multiple winner as a show heifer and her very first daughter was a Reserve Bred & Owned Division Champion of the 2103 National Junior Angus Show. The next heifer calf from this beauty was a $16,500 product of First-N-Goal that went to Ben Kiner, IL, in 2014 and her first son was a full brother to Ben’s heifer that sold well to Larry Simmons Farms, OH. Another $5,000 son by Pure Product did great work for Dave Cox, IL, plus another daughter by American Classic was a $5,500 selection by Mark Wills, IL. - Two mature daughters of Cammie 406W are top-shelf producers themselves, both with calves selling in excess of $7,250 in 2016 and 2017. This is the same cow family that created Remedy 1160, the $16,500 top seller of his crop that did an incredible job for McLemore Farms, OK, and has provided them with years of sale features; this is Remedy’s maternal sister. - This cow family breeds true for consistent size, good looks, fertility, function, and longevity - you can pick them out in the pastures every time. Build your program. Make it special. OFFERED BY CARDINAL CATTLE COMPANY – WYOMING, ILLINOIS – JEFF WISNEFSKI, MGR: 815.274.3860 – CARDINALCATTLECOMPANY.COM
30 | Frozen Gold 2018
ROYAL BLACKBIRD 231 Make Your Angus First Class
Embryos of SCC Royal Blackbird ELL 231 Registered American Angus Cow *17232542
EXG RS FIRST RATE S903 R3 DAMERON FIRST CLASS DAMERON NORTHERN MISS 3114 OSU CURRENCY 8173 SCC ROYAL BLACKBIRD 031 SCC ROYAL BLACKBIRD 435
Lot 24A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Plum Creek Paradox Lot 24B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Silveira’s Style - When it comes to making your cow herd great again you’ve got to have the right Angus females and we are loaded with awesome options this year. These packages, from a great Ohio winner and the legendary Royal Blackbird family, are the first to be offered and they are set up exactly right to get what you want – and fast! - Royal Blackbird 231 was Lindsey Pugh’s banner winner in 2013 when she won often including a rare purebred Angus selection as the Reserve Supreme Champion Heifer of the Ohio Beef Expo. Blackbird 231 also grabbed another major prize when she was selected as the Reserve Champion Bred & Owned Heifer of the 2013 National Junior Angus Show. - Sired by the almighty Dameron First Class, 231 is a daughter of Stertzbach Cattle Company’s great Royal Blackbird 031 that was a Division Champion as both a calf and bred heifer at the North American International and the National Western Stock Show. This pedigree runs deep with Angus breed movers. - This embryo sales debut offers 100% heifer calves by the two most dominant Angus show sires today, Style and Paradox. These are the blacks that grab the purple! OFFERED BY PUGH CENTRAL STATION – LOUISVILLE, OHIO – TODD PUGH: 330.353.1001 OR LINDSEY PUGH: 330.933.4297 STERTZBACH CATTLE COMPANY – LOUISVILLE, OHIO – BRUCE: 330.704.5260
Frozen Gold 2018 | 31
EC CICI 619
The Beautiful Outcross Char / Her First Flush
EC Cici 619 PLD
Registered PB American Charolais Cow #F1224156 JS FULL THROTTLE 1353 PLD EC DONE DEAL 5052 PLD EC MISS BEYOND 5052 PTW LT BLUE VALUE 7903 ET EC BELLA 315 PLD EC LADY ASSET 047 PLD
Lot 25 – The Right to Flush Cici 619
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 6 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. Cici 619 is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- Spencer Goettemoeller’s first show heifer is a great one and she is going to be even more important as she comes into production. Lots 25 and 26 give you the option to own the first flush of either of the 2017 winners from Team Goettemoeller and we wouldn’t blame anyone that chose this one. - Cici 619 was a big winner from the Charolais divisions this past season. She was Champion Charolais of the Kentucky Beef Expo, Hoosier Beef Congress, and stood just behind the eventual Grand Champion of the 2017 American Royal. She won the Char’s and then was Supreme Overall of the Ohio AGR Preview and the Scarlet & Gray Classic. - Goettemoeller Show Cattle made Cici 619 one of the highest sellers of the fall 2016 sale season because of her individual quality but perhaps most importantly because of her totally cold, outcross pedigree. You can really get to work with this gal in both pure and crossbred varieties to create something very unique and special – and valuable. - Cici 619 is going to be a real cash cow. It’s not if but when. Getcha some of this. OFFERED BY GOETTEMOELLER SHOW CATTLE, BRIAN, DRU & SPENCER GOETTEMOELLER – WINCHESTER, INDIANA – 937.459.0209
32 | Frozen Gold 2018
MISS ANITA 1D
The First Flush from a Huge 2017 Winner
GOET/CHAM Miss Anita 1D Registered 75% American Maine-Anjou Cow #478262 GOET I-80 GOET DRIVIN 80 BPF DESTINY 110W HOLLYWOOD ANITA 01W WHISKEY GIRL 507
Lot 26 – The Right to Flush Miss Anita 1D
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer. Should the flush produce in excess of 6 embryos those embryos will be split between buyer and seller with the seller paying for their share. Anita is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- Be sure you are paying attention when we get to Lots 25 and 26, the first flushes – and likely the only ones that will ever be sold – from these two big winners and young leaders in the Goettemoeller Show Cattle program. History has taught us that, when it comes to cattle like these, investing early and boldly is always the cheapest and best decision. Some huge Frozen Gold rewards have been reaped from flush options like these. - Miss Anita was another tanbark terror for Becca Chamberlin, IN, this past season. She did not take Anita out very often but when she did the result was very predictable and sensational. Becca showed her 6 times as follows: • Grand Champion American Royal Junior Maine-Anjou Show • Grand Champion American Royal Open Maine-Anjou Show • Grand Champion North American International Junior Maine-Anjou Show • Grand Champion North American International Open Maine-Anjou Show • Grand Champion Bred & Owned of the 2017 National Junior Maine-Anjou Show • Champion Maine-Anjou and 5th Overall Heifer 2017 Indiana State Fair Junior Show
- A high-Maine with a build like this does not surface very often but she is not the first great calf from her dam that is a full sister to the famed Anita Loan at Willow Springs, AR, the Supreme Champion Female of the 2010 American Royal. Previous siblings to Anita include a big-time winning steer for Taylor Darner, OH, another high-premium steer, a bull over $10,000, and a secret to be revealed later. - Remember when we sold the first packages from Miley, Mercedes, Destiny, and Winnie? Some paid attention, others paid later. OFFERED BY GOETTEMOELLER SHOW CATTLE, BRIAN, DRU & SPENCER GOETTEMOELLER – WINCHESTER, INDIANA – 937.459.0209
I-80 x 01W
Frozen Gold 2018 | 33
CHANTEL 1Z “CHARLIE” White Hot and Rollin’!
Hi Ho x 1Z
Embryos of Chantel 1Z Firewater x 1Z
Registered 50% American Charolais Cow EFP31
Donor Sire: WCC Mr Interstate 122 Donor Dam: Faber’s Chantel (Heat Wave x Oahe Wind Charolais) Tested THC/PHAF
Lot 27A - Three embryos by Mr TR Firewater Lot 27B - Three embryos by Business Done Right Lot 27C - Three embryos by Hi Ho Silver
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- We are in the amazing business, and this great white cow is simply that. She banked one of the most amazing first embryo crops that has ever been recorded with winners and high sellers all over the place, and what did she do after that? She backed it up with another. - Chantel 1Z (a.k.a. Charlie) was a $96,000 sensation as a calf but that investment price looks small now that she is over $275,000 after the sale of her first two embryo crops and one natural calf.
Firewater x 1Z
- Nearly every single calf from the first crop of this former champion was a champion in 2017 including a son by Hi Ho Silver that was Grand Champion of the Heart Of It All Preview and the 2017 Illinois State Fair for Olivia Caldwell and a daughter that was Grand Champion Composite Charolais Heifer of the 2017 National Western for Stetson Bennet, IN. A flush sister to that heifer was a multiple winner for Abbie Collins, OH, and yet another heifer, by Drivin’ 80, was a winner for Bailey Garwood, OH. - Charlie was Supreme Champion of the Scarlet and Gray Classic – among many other top placings – and her first calf was a $20,000 winner of that very same show for Demi Powers, OH. - The first 7 heifers from Charlie combined to average $24,500 and sons have sold up to $25,000 so far. There is another great crop on the ground now including calves by these combinations. - Charlie is arguably the best daughter of Faber’s Chantel, one of the great earners in the history of the club calf business. She was genetically programmed to be the star that she has become. Grab these embryos from her before her owners take her off the market – we already warned you once!
Drivin 80 x 1Z
34 | Frozen Gold 2018
OFFERED BY GOETTEMOELLER SHOW CATTLE, BRIAN, DRU & SPENCER GOETTEMOELLER – WINCHESTER, INDIANA – 937.459.0209 GREEN OAK FARMS – NEW PARIS, OHIO – GALE LONG, OWNER – DILLON DURHAM, MANAGER – 765.546.0395
MISS DAISY 1C Go for the “Winnie”!
CHAM Win Dixie
X-Rated Miss Daisy 1C
Embryos of CHAM Miss Daisy 1C “Kiki” Purebred American Maine-Anjou Cow 458189 GVC STATESMAN 4R BBBN X 483X BOSS BEAUTY 84M GOET I-80 MISS RIHANNA 4Y “Winnie” MISS WINNIE 4W
Bismarck x Miss Rihanna “Winnie”
Lot 28A – Three IVF Female Embryos by SAV Bismarck Lot 28B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Colburn Primo Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- From the “Winnie” foundation that has spawned so much success for so many in so little time, this is the embryo sales debut of “Kiki”, the next big player to emerge from this amazing line of show cattle. - This purebred power player was bred at Goettemoeller Show Cattle, IN, and selected as the Calf Champion Female of both the junior and open shows at both the American Royal and the North American International. She is a full sister to the Chamberlin family’s Win Dixie 8B that as the most decorated Maine-Anjou show heifer of the 20142015 season when she won the both calf divisions at the American Royal and the NAILE and went on to be Grand Champion of the 2015 American Royal Open Show and Reserve Champion of the Junior Show before she was Grand Champion of the NAILE Junior Maine-Anjou Show and Reserve Champion of the Open Show. - Both are full sisters to the $30,000 Frozen Gold high seller, X-Rated, from an incredible Goettemoeller dam that produced a pair of steers shown by the Boersen and Vickland families a year ago that were winners from Michigan to Colorado and in between. - The donor here is also a maternal sister to the Bismarck daughter bred by Goettemoeller and shown by the Chamberlin family last season that was a tanbark killer with wins like Supreme at the Hoosier Congress and Kentucky Expo plus Champion MaineTainer of the 2017 Indiana State Fair and both the junior and open shows of the American Royal to name a few. - More siblings include the high-selling female of the 2017 OMAA Sale, the top bred heifer of the 2017 Winners Circle Sale, a heifer that is winning now in Texas for Macie McCollum, and sons up to $53,000. - This is the blood that wins and sells real high and it is tailor made for the new MaineAngus game. Getcha some! OFFERED BY CARDINAL CATTLE COMPANY – WYOMING, ILLINOIS – JEFF WISNEFSKI, MGR: 815.274.3860 – CARDINALCATTLECOMPANY.COM GENSINI SHOW CATTLE AND TIM HECKMAN – HENNEPIN, ILLINOIS
Frozen Gold 2018 | 35
MISS IZZY MAE 18
Exotic Elites That You Cannot Do Without
Izzy Mae 18
Embryos of Miss Izzy Mae 18 ET 50% American Maine-Anjou/2.34% Chi Cow #374994
COWAN’S ALI 4M GOET I-80 BPF MILEY 80T SHORTHORN HIPPY 904 SHORTHORN
Lot 29A – Three Embryos by Getcha Some Lot 29B – Three Embryos by In God We Trust Lot 29C – Three Embryos by I-Town or C&C McKinley
Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- Most of next year’s leaders are on the ground now - all across the country - waiting to be discovered. The crystal ball tells us that an early investment here will look very wise when the fall of 2018 rolls around. - Izzy Mae was the 2015 Indiana State Fair Supreme Champion and American Royal Champion MaineTainer for Becca Chamberlin and these are some big-time genetic bundles that will mimic Izzy’s awesome early success.
Getcha Some x Izzy
- It was only a matter of time with Izzy Mae and it did not take long. Her first crop was by Getcha Some and it included the $19,000 steer shown here, his $6,500 flush sister also shown here, and a solid red, double-clean darling that was retained – you should see her. - The current crop from Izzy Mae is off to a great start with a pair of McKinley daughters that stand out in the new babies at Goettemoeller’s. In God We Trust and Getcha Some calves are expected after catalog press time – be sure to ask about them. - These embryo packages will give you the chance to repeat Izzy’s early success and also create your own , new path with I-Town, one of the newest and most impressive bulls in the lineup at Rodgers Cattle, IA. OFFERED BY GOETTEMOELLER SHOW CATTLE, BRIAN, DRU & SPENCER GOETTEMOELLER – WINCHESTER, INDIANA – 937.459.0209
Getcha Some x Izzy
36 | Frozen Gold 2018
STYLISH LADY 9D
The 2017 Ohio Supreme Champion
Stylish Lady 9D
UDE Stylish Lady 9D ET Registered 7.50% American Chianina Cow #384,503
GAMBLES HOT ROD SILVEIRAS STYLE 9303 SILVEIRAS ELBA 2520 ASHW WHO DA MAN JSUL RED THUNDER 9051W SULL 60
Lot 30 – The Right to Flush Stylish Lady 9D
Special terms of the flush: Buyer will pay 50% of hammer price sale day. A minimum of six (6) transferable embryos is guaranteed to the buyer with no cap. Stylish Lady is open and ready to flush shortly after the sale.
- The right to flush Stylish Lady 9D, the 2017 Ohio State Fair Supreme Champion, to the bull of your choosing is an awesome opportunity to access one of the best examples of one of the most-decorated pedigrees in the show game today. - The Ohio State Fair Junior Heifer Show in 2017 was the toughest one yet and this one topped them all. She rose to the top due to her uncommon blend of beauty, elegance, and performance that is so difficult to capture in one animal. Stylish Lady 9D is aptly named because her style is so right for the times, and she was a steady winner all season long for Abbie Collins, OH, including wins in Louisville, Ft. Worth, and all along the Ohio’s BEST trail. - She is the product of one of the most influential pedigrees in today’s show rings – Style x Who Da Man x Heat Seeker – and she is a close relative to so many recent major winners like both the Grand and Reserve Champions of the 2017 National Junior Chi Show, for one example, from a dam that is a genetic repeat of the Supreme Champion Female of the 2017 North American Junior Show. - This pedigree offers enough Chi percentage to make those hard-to-find, easy-to-sell, dual-registered blacks but the powerful body shape and impressive structure of Stylish Lady 9D brings an endless list of other sire choice options that will advance her success. We will be hearing much more from this Supreme lady as she enters production! OFFERED BY GREEN OAK FARMS – NEW PARIS, OHIO – GALE LONG, OWNER – DILLON DURHAM, MANAGER: 765.546.0395 – GREENOAKFARMS.COM
DO YOUR HOMEWORK & GET READY TO WIN Frozen Gold 2018 | 37
She Delivers the Pot of Gold!
Monopoly x Aggie
Monopoly x Aggie
Embryos of Summit Ms Hoo Doo 9198 “Aggie” Purebred American Charolais Cow F1119415 Donor Sire: Mr TR Firewater Donor Dam: Hoo Doo George 7075
Lot 31A – Three IVF Embryos by Monopoly Lot 31B – Three IVF Embryos by Getcha Some Lot 31C – Three IVF Female embryos by MM Outsider
All available for pickup or shipping sale night
- Aggie 9198 is the purebred Charolais cow that really delivers a pot of gold! It was only a matter of time before she delivered a major champion and now, with the Grand Champion Steer of the 2017 State Fair of Texas under her belt, she is really rolling!
Monopoly x Aggie
- In just a short time in transplant she has produced a slew of high selling calves and big winners, over $250,000 and counting, and she has another great crop on the ground now. - Her flush to Monopoly in 2015 was amazing. The top steer sold for $35,000 to Rodgers Cattle, IA, and the flush produced a Monopoly heifer at $17,500 and another steer at $11,000. The first calf from this combination was a steer sold by Goretska Cattle, IA, for $22,000 that won all season long from the Badger Kickoff to the Missouri State Fair. - Aggie clicked great with Solid Gold as well. She raised the $25,000 steer that Brian Martin, TX, purchased plus his full sister that sold for $19,500 and another sister that sold in the Hunter Bros Sale, IA, for $19,000. - Most recently, Aggie raised that Grand Champion Steer in Dallas in the same year that a purebred daughter was selected as the Champion Charolais of the 2017 Iowa Beef Expo. - You can count on these calves – halves or pures - to be great colored, high quality, and very profitable. Everything this cow has produced so far has been high end and this is her first shot with Getcha Some!
Purebred daughter of Aggie
38 | Frozen Gold 2018
OFFERED BY SHARP FARMS, GREG SHARP – BELOIT, OHIO – 330.206.5417 ESQUIRE CATTLE – DOVER, OHIO - KYLE CONRAD, MGR – 330.401.6454 MIMMS CATTLE, MIKE MIMMS – HEREFORD, TEXAS – 806.344.5016
HELLBUSCH DONOR 180 Extreme Success…Every Year!
Here I Am x Hellbusch 180
Embryos of Hellbusch Donor 180 Donor Sire: Yellow Jacket Donor MGS: OCC General
Lot 32A – Three Embryos by Here I Am Lot 32B – Three Embryos by Monopoly or Maternal Perfection All available for shipping sale day
- The hottest and best from the biggest backdrops call the Frozen Gold home and it is about time we got some of these red-hot frozen gems to make your next calving season brighter! - Scott Hellbusch’s 180 donor has staked her claim as one of the very best club calf producers in the game because she delivers major hits year after year. She has made his place a must-stop for serious show calf shoppers and she is stacking up the high sellers and big winners again this year. - Her son by Here I Am was a $69,500 top seller of the 2017 fall sale season for Goretska Cattle, IA, and he has been hard to beat in the hands of Julia Frye, CO, who has shown him to huge wins like Grand Champion Prospect Steer of the 2018 Sioux Empire Stock Show and Reserve Champion Prospect of the 2018 National Western; there will surely be more to come from that pair.
Monopoly x Hellbusch 180
- The older brother to Julia’s steer by Monopoly was the Grand Champion Steer of the 2015 Arizona National and his full brother was a $56,000 prospect in the fall of 2016. - Full sisters, by Monopoly, were selected as the Grand Champion Market Heifers of the 2016 Aksarben and the 2015 Missouri State Fair. We have full sibs to all of the best calves from Donor 180 selling here. - The best calf on the ground now at Hellbusch Cattle is a Monopoly out of a Maternal Perfection daughter of Donor 180, another combination from this awesome Yellow Jacket that has been outstanding. - Donor 180 delivers the extreme hits and she does it every year. She is quite a sight to see and there will not be many embryos available from her. You need these!
Monopoly x Hellbusch 180
OFFERED BY HELLBUSCH CATTLE – CRESTON, NEBRASKA – SCOTT HELLBUSCH: 402.920.2543
Frozen Gold 2018 | 39
The Outcross Maine Matron
Waverly 996W – Lot 33
Embryos of BBR Waverly 996W Irish Whiskey x 996W
American Maine-Anjou Cow 400248
FJH SPECIAL DELIVERY 505M BFW MITTEN MAN Q35P LMJ CONNIE 590 EM JOLT 795 MCF MISS JOLT 216JP ANGUS
Lot 33A – Three IVF Female Embryos by Irish Whiskey Lot 33B – Three IVF Female Embryos by Maternal Made Lot 33C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Mr HOC Broker Available for pickup or shipping sale night
Only 2 sets of embryos will sell, buyer’s choice
Irish Whiskey x 996W
- With lifetime revenue production exceeding $355,000, Waverly 996W is the outcross leader in the AMAA herd book. She has delivered the goods since she entered production and her greatest asset may be her ability to add value to each calf in her litters, all the way to the end. - Waverly 996W was the high-selling cow of our 16th Frozen Gold Sale due to her consistent quality and performance and she was the $40,000 all-time high seller of the Holiday Classic Sale due to her good looks and winning ways. She is a former National Junior Maine-Anjou Show Grand Champion and a former Champion Maine Female of the NAILE Junior Show. - She is the dam of the $68,000-valued Maternal Gem at Pinnacle Sires, OK, plus a great string of success by sires other than Maternal Made. Daughters by Irish Whiskey include one in 2012 for $19,000 to Sullivan Farms, IA, and 2014 for $20,000 to Feree, IN, and $7,500 to Buck, OK. Another pair sold for $7,000 to Oran Wolfe, IN, and $22,000 to The Farmer Group, OH, (she has raised a pair of daughters that averaged $13,000 so far) plus another daughter by Bojo sold for $21,000 in 2015. Her only daughters by Broker averaged over $7,000 this fall. - Great Maines are some of the easiest cattle to sell year in, year out. Waverly 996W is a great Maine and her pedigree is unlike nearly any other you will find.
Bojo x 996W
40 | Frozen Gold 2018
OFFERED BY R&L CATTLE – CLAYSVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA – BOB ROSS AND KATHY LOGUE-ROSS: 724.350.0066 OR 724.747.8589
The Denver Champion and Holiday Classic Top Seller
Embryos of BPF Mariah 54X 37.50% American Maine-Anjou Cow 407924 COWAN’S ALI 4M BPF MERCEDES BENZ 131U DCC MERCEDES 701P MOSSY OAK BPF MARIAH X ANGUS
Lot 34A – Three IVF Embryos by Fu Man Chu Lot 34B – Three IVF Embryos by Getcha Some Lot 34C – Three IVF Embryos by Monopoly Available for pickup or shipping sale night
- One of the best ever by Mercedes Benz, this former National Western Champion MaineTainer Female was the $30,000 top seller of the 23rd Holiday Classic Sale and she was a former high-selling heifer calf at Bushy Park Farm, SD. - As those that saw her in Zanesville can attest, this lady takes functional mass and power to new heights. She is absolutely enormous at the ground and she is blown wide open with quality featuring one of the most monstrous hip and back spans that can be fit on a cow that still looks this good. Hair? Yeah, boy. This lady was built for heavy-duty construction. - Already the dam of a pair of treasured daughters, Mariah 54X should be a cinch with these high-powered steer combinations. This is the first time she has been blended with these sires and she was certainly built for them. This treasure chest is just being opened! OFFERED BY JONES SHOW CATTLE – WINCHESTER, OHIO - DAVID JONES: 937.725.2294 TOLLE SHOW CATTLE – TAYLORSVILLE, KENTUCKY – BRENT TOLLE: 502.905.7831
TAKE THE SHORTCUT TO SUCCESS The Frozen Gold Delivers – Ask Around Frozen Gold 2018 | 41
Timeless 602 Genetics.
Miss Chill 648N
Embryos of MIM Miss 602 Chill 648N 37.50% American MaineTainer Cow 347009 CUNIA CHILL FACTOR MS COLDFRONT 2066 ANGUS ANGUS 602 ANGUS
Lot 35A – Three IVF Female embryos by Irish Whiskey Lot 35B – Three IVF Male embryos by Getcha Some Lot 35C – Three IVF Male embryos by Monopoly Available for pickup or shipping sale night
Irish Whiskey x 648N
- If you want to pay the bills and keep your program moving in a positive direction you’ve got to stick with time-tested leaders and trusted cow families. Miss 602 Chill 648N has stood the test of time for sure and she is back here with a strong offering with her best combinations. - Chill 648N is the most productive, living full sister to the legendary Chill 602G, herself the dam of an incredible legacy of success including sons that won both the National Western and Ft. Worth steer shows – 11 years apart. These are timeless genetics. - 648N is herself the dam of more than $230,000 in sales with more than $50,000 in 2016 alone. She will not quit. She creates bankable premiums each year and her calves always sell for a premium. - These embryos will produce full brothers to a pair of $25,000 sons by Monopoly - Ragin’ Inferno and Hoosier Daddy – and these are the first time these Monopoly embryos have been offered in a while plus this is her first blend with Getcha Some. - The heifer embryos will produce full sisters to maybe her most consistent work as daughters by Irish Whiskey are always popular and have sold up to $12,250 so far. - The product of one of the best club calf/Maine cow families in history, this is the blood that works in the herd and in the ring. Study your history and load up for some strong returns here! OFFERED BY PARKS SHOW CATTLE – METAMORA, MICHIGAN – DAVE: 248.765.7844 DAVID EBERSOLE, GENERAL MANAGER: 319.781.2074
Ms Chill 602G
42 | Frozen Gold 2018
The Sure Thing for Quality, Profit, and Winning Colors
Monopoly x W2W
Embryos of Bainridge Beauty W2W Donor Sire: Dr. Who Donor Dam: The Emerald Lady 138M (Meyer 734 x AN)
Broker x W2W
Lot 36A – Three embryos by Monopoly or Man Among Boys Lot 36B – Three embryos by Monopoly Lot 36C – Three embryos by TR Mr Firewater All available for pickup or shipping sale night
- The best from the Emerald Lady 138M foundation that pays, Beauty W2W is the best daughter of one of the best Meyer 734 daughters of all time. This beautiful cow hangs banners by the bunches and stuffs bank accounts with cash. - Her dam was one of the all-time Frozen Gold leaders with scores of regional and national winners, and W2W is on pace to outdo her. Her calves have won an amazing array of shows – mostly by Monopoly and MAB – and W2W seems to match up well with each sire she has been tried with. - Her first litter of calves by these combinations averaged $5,900 and a natural daughter by Jesse James brought $8,000 in the 2015 Holiday Classic plus previous calves by Monopoly include two steers at $7,500 each and a bull at $5,200.
MAB x W2W
- A daughter by Monopoly was selected as the Grand Champion of the 2015 Ohio Feeder Calf Round Up and her full brother was a strong winner on the Ohio’s BEST Circuit for Bryce Vernon, plus the W2W progeny popped up as winners at a long list of summer jackpots the past three summers. - The fall of 2016 featured another winning W2W daughter, this time by Broker. Raymond Gonnet, KS, purchased a heifer raised by Shegog/Laird for the Flory family, KS. She was a consistent winner with wins at the American Royal, Kansas State Fair, and the Kansas Beef Expo. - The current crop from W2W is excellent again and already touts a steer calf by Firewater selling for a big premium at only 3 months of age. - Full sibs to the best combinations from W2W sell here. This Beauty makes them colorful and crazy hairy and their structure has been great regardless of the sire chosen. She is carrying the torch of this great, winning family! OFFERED BY SHEGOG FARMS – CAMBRIDGE, OHIO – TM SHEGOG: 740.255.0034 LAIRD FARMS – CLAYSVILLE, PENNSYLVANIA – SAM LAIRD: 724.263.3410
The Emerald Lady 138M
Frozen Gold 2018 | 43
The Ultimate Power Cow!
Rachel at 20 years of age
Embryos of RF/OWC Rachel Donor Sire: Meyer Ranch 734 Donor Dam: Full Throttle x Maine x Angus
Lot 37A – Three Embryos by FSF Starburst Lot 37B – Three IVF Embryos by RR Firewater (MA) Lot 37C – Three IVF Female Embryos by Troubadour All available for pickup or shipping sale day Selling the buyers’ choice of two packages
- We end our embryo offering with one of the cows that gave the Frozen Gold its beginning, Rachel 31J; the anchor of the success at Kastel Show Cattle. This amazing Meyer 734 daughter was a fan favorite of some of our earliest sales and she is still going strong even as she approaches her 21st birthday.
JFK Mind Bender
- All good things must come to an end, however, so these will be the absolute last embryos available for purchase from this ultra-powerful beast that was a huge feature of our 2006 Frozen Gold where she sold in her entirety. Since then, Rachel has been churning out the hits in the form of herd sires, donor females, and winning show prospects. - Rachel is the dam of JFK Mind Bender by Starburst, the Kastel herd and AI sire, that is a preferred choice for Shorthorn+ calving ease, color, and quality in a double-clean package. Mind Bender progeny are being met with rave reviews, semen sales are strong, and we have frozen full siblings to offer here. - Another son, JFK Dirty Thoughts by My Kind, is gaining steam as his first calves hit the ground. And another son, the full brother to Mind Bender, recently sired a son, JFK Russian Gold, that sold one-half interest for $14,500 to Joe & Josh Beukema, MI. - Recent daughters include a $7,500 Maximus fall-born, a Bodacious at $5,750, and a Broker daughter – FROM AN EMBRYO PURCHASE – sold for $9,750 and is off and winning for the Mogg family, MI. - Early calves from Rachel included a $23,000 son and three heifer calves by three different sires that averaged $8,750. - The 2018 crop from this great cow is being called “her best stuff yet” and it includes two very exciting full sisters to these embryos by Firewater and Troubadour. - Rachel will go down in history as one of Meyer 734’s most powerful daughters – and she passes it on! She has stood the test of time, to say the least, and now her sons and daughters are starting to produce elite stock – just like we knew they would.
2018 Firewater x Rachel 31J
- Grab on to these last packages from a Frozen Gold legend and hold on tight! OFFERED BY KASTEL SHOW CATTLE, JOSH AND MICHELLE KASTEL – HUDSON, MICHIGAN – 419.344.3476 OR 344.0737
44 | Frozen Gold 2018
I-80 x Chopper x Irish Whiskey lbs. from a first calf heifer THF/PHAF – Polled – BW: 72 25% Simmental and e Main % 62.5 d stere Regi
Selling 350 Straws of Semen
This will be the only opportunity to purchase Snap Chat semen until December 2018.
Lot 100: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 101: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 102: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 103: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 104: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 105: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 106: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 107: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 108: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 109: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 110: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 111: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 112: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 113: 10 straws x $_____
Lot 114: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 115: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 116: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 117: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 118: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 119: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 120: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 121: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 122: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 123: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 124: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 125: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 126: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 127: 10 straws x $_____
Lot 128: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 129: 10 straws x $_____ Lot 130: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 131: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 132: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 133: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 134: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 135: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 136: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 137: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 138: 5 straws x $_____ Lot 139: 5 straws x $_____
Illinois State Fair Grand Champion Steer
Wisconsin State Fair Reserve Grand Champion Steer
From not more than 50 calves in his first crop, Snap Chat sired: - Grand Champion Steer of the 2016 Illinois State Fair - Reserve Grand Champion Steer of the 2016 Wisconsin State Fair - Reserve Grand Champion Steer of the 2017 Pennsylvania Farm Show - Champion MaineTainer Heifer of the 2016 Illinois State Fair (sold for $28,000) - High-selling bull of the 2016 OMAA Sale - High-selling bred heifer of the 2016 Holiday Classic Sale
The Snap Chat Story: Snap Chat is a very rare individual and one of the most consistent and exciting sires in the industry. He creates the same great look and quality every time, in multiple colors. He has the unique ability to create success on a variety of cows and he is proven heifer-safe.
PA Farm Show Reserve Grand Champion Steer
His amazing dam is a 100% premium performer with a remarkable track record from 4 natural calves. Snap Chat was her first. Her second was a $16,500 heifer that sold to Doug Stork, MI, in 2015. Her third is CARD Chatterbox that is doing great work at Martin Livestock, IN. Her fourth was the $54,000 and now-deceased sire, CARD Tinder, sold at Frozen Gold 2017. She does not miss. Snap Chat semen is in very limited supply. It is sold twice a year; at the Frozen Gold in March and The Program in December. Semen will be available for pickup or shipping sale night and throughout the weekend. Buyers are responsible for all shipping expenses and arrangements. Pickup your purchases auction night or call MIDWEST GENETICS, 309.255.0199 with your Frozen Gold buying number after the auction. OFFERED BY CARDINAL CATTLE COMPANY AND DAVE COX – JEFF WISNEFSKI, 815.274.3860
The 2018 Rare Semen Offering
In-Demand Offerings from New and Established Leaders Most semen will be available at the auction or during the weekend. Bring your tanks and ask/listen for specific details.
SEXED SEMEN OFFERINGS: PVF Insight 0129
FHEN Halftime A127
W/C Relentless 32C
Angus Bull +*16805884 SAV Brilliance 8077 x PVF Missie 790
50% Simmental Bull 2884737 SAV Brilliance 8077 x R&R Miss Cut Above Y127
PB Simmental Bull 3045559 Yardley Utah Y361 x Miss Werning KP 8543U
Selling 4mL Sexed Female Semen Lot 200A – 5 straws x __________ Lot 200B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 200C – 2 straws x __________
Selling 3mL Sexed Female Semen Lot 201A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 201B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 201C – 3 straws x __________ Lot 201D – 3 straws x __________ Lot 201E – 3 straws x __________
Selling 3mL Sexed Female Semen Lot 202A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 202B – 3 straws x __________
Mr NLC Upgrade U8676 PB Simmental Bull 2474338 Ellingson Legacy M229 x Ms NLC Mojo S6119 B
Selling 2mL Sexed Female Semen Lot 203A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 203B – 2 straws x __________
THE TREASURE TANKS
Both of these nitrogen tanks will sell with their contents included – each for one bid! Tanks will be available at the auction and need to be removed sale night Semen is from a working inventory and has been used recently for conventional and IVF flushing plus AI work.
Lot 300: Tank 1 & Contents ANGUS BULLS OCC Anchor - 10 Cortachy Boy - 2 Connealy Dateline - 2 CHIANGUS BULLS WYR Impulse - 2 CLUB CALF BULLS Dr Who - 3 One & Only - 5 Smoth Sailing - 2 Walks Alone - 5 Who Made Who - 12
46 | Frozen Gold 2018
Lot 301: Tank 2 & Contents
MAINE-ANJOU BULLS DMCC Trailblazer - 50 Hardings Capital Gains - 12 Cunia 602 - 4 Strictly Business - 2
CAN 1 Believe In Me – 4 units New Look – 1 unit After Hours MA3766 – 6 units Simple Math XB511 – 3 units
SIMMENTAL BULLS Harwood 209 - 5 3-C Macho - 6 SVF/NJC Amazon - 30 Climax - 7 Meyer Ranch 734 - 2 DJ Salution - 20 Sandeen’s SOS - 2 CARD Uproar - 5
CAN 2 Strictly Business – 5 units Full Throttle – 5 units Full Flush – 2 units High Roller – 1 unit Cerveza – 2 units Point Taken – 1 unit BR Midland AN3342 – 1 unit Direct Hit – 2 units Mojo – 2 units
CAN 3 EMBRYOS Donor Dam: 011T (I. Whiskey x Saugahatchee) —- 6 by Steel Force —- 3 by Broker CAN 4 empty CAN 5 empty CAN 6 Grizzly SM1760 – 2 units Paddy O’Malley – 2 units
UNSEXED SEMEN OFFERINGS: High Valley 4C6 Ambush
Colburn Creed 5770
WAGR Driver 706T
Angus Bull #12240991 Paramount Ambush 2172 x Glendoddle Burgess Bardella
Angus Bull +*18418469 Bushs Unbelievable 423 x Silveiras Saras Dream 1339
PB Simmental Bull 2411975 CNS Dream On L186 x Harts Sub Zero
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 204 – 5 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 205 – 2 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 206A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 206B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 206C – 3 straws x __________
Mr TR Hammer 308A
DJHF Heart Beat 056A
I Believe x Monopoly x Kelli (WDM) THF/PHAF
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 207A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207B – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207C – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207D – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207E – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207F – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207G – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207H – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207J – 2 straws x __________ Lot 207K – 2 straws x __________
PB Simmental Bull 2759745 Mr NLC Upgrade U8676 x SVF/HS Expecting A Dream
75% Maine-Anjou Bull 158381 Cunia x Callie by Etula
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 208A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 208B – 2 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 209A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 209B – 2 straws x __________ Lot 209C – 2 straws x __________
TJ High Caliber 556B
25% Maine-Anjou Bull 401231 BHCS Heat Seeker 23 x FAW Teri
PB Simmental Bull 2891465 MCM Top Grade 018X x PRS Lady Done Right W214
75% Maine-Anjou Bull 294939 BK Ice Pick 472J x NTC 615 Ever Ready
Selling Unsexed Semen
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 211A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 211B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 211C – 3 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 212A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 212B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 212C – 3 straws x __________ Lot 212D – 3 straws x __________ Lot 212E – 3 straws x __________
Made to Order
Man Among Boys
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 214A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 214B – 3 straws x __________ Lot 214C – 3 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen
N Bar Emulation Ext
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 216A – 1 straws x __________ Lot 216B – 1 straws x __________ Lot 216C – 1 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 217A – 1 ampule x __________ Lot 217B – 1 ampule x __________ Lot 217C – 1 ampule x __________ Lot 217D – 1 ampule x __________
M&M Outsider 4003 PLD
PB Charolais Bull M846631 LT Long Distance 9001 PLD x M&M Ms Carbine 1567 PLD
TR Mr Outkast 6605D
WS Pilgrim H182U PB Simmental Bull 2485318 CNS Dream On L186 x WS Marla 276M
PB Simmental Bull 2911662 WS Pilgrim H182U x WAGR Panarama 204Z
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 219 – 3 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 220A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 220B – 2 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 221A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 221B – 2 straws x __________
Silveiras Style 9303
QAS Traveler 23-4
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 222A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 222B – 2 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 223 – 1 straws x __________
Tested, Flush Quality
Lot 210A – 3 straws x __________ Lot 210B – 2 straws x __________
Remington Lock n Load 54U
PB Simmental Bull 2503661 Remington On Target 2S x Bar 15 Miss Knight 78E-51G
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 213A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 213B – 2 straws x __________
Angus Bull 10776479 Emulation N Bar 5522 x N Bar Primrose 2424
PB Charolais Bull M879418 M&M Outsider 4003 x TR Ms Diablo 3631A
Angus Bull 16427563 Gambles Hot Rod x Silveiras Elba 2520
Monopoly x Who Da Man x Heat Seeker x SULL 6651 THF/PHAF – Produced from a Frozen Gold purchase
Angus Bull 6064368 FCR Elation Lad 652 x Miss Emulous 243
Angus Bull 9250717 Band 234 of Ideal 3163 x QAS Blackbird Eve 601 1
Monopoly x Hard Core THC/PHAF
Frozen at Nichols Cryogenics – Flush quality
Lot 215A – 5 straws x __________ Lot 215B – 5 straws x __________ Lot 215C – 5 straws x __________
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 218A – 2 straws x __________ Lot 218B – 2 straws x __________ Lot 218C – 2 straws x __________
Lead On x WG x Casper x Sugar x Epinal
Selling Unsexed Semen Lot 224 – 2 straws x __________
Frozen Gold 2018 | 47
68% Genetics / 31.5% Effort / 0.5% Chance
GO FOR THE GOLD