The Fairy Flag of MacLeod – 3
1. What letters are used for the soft ‘g’ sound in each word? (a) bridge
2. The sound ‘r’ is shown by the letters
in the word ‘wrapped’.
3. Underline the words with the same ending as ‘starvation’. motion
4. What two letters are used to show the ‘l’ sound in the words?
5. (a) Which word in the text has the suffix ‘-ful’ and means ‘full of joy’?
(b) Find and write another word in the text with the suffix ‘-ful’.
(c) Write one of these ‘-ful’ words in a sentence.
6. (a) What suffix was added to the word ‘merry’ to make the word ‘merriment’?
(b) What letter changed when the suffix was added?
7. Write a homophone from the text for each word below.
Write Yes or No. My learning log
I can read words with the suffixes ‘-ful’ and ‘-ment’. I can recognise the ‘l’ sound spelt ‘al’ and ‘le’. I know about homophones.
Reading – Comprehension and Word Reading