Continents and Oceans of the World – 3
1. (a) Which letters in the word ‘large’ and ‘largest’ are used
to show the soft ‘g’ sound?
(b) Underline the two words with the same soft ‘g’ sound. huge
‘surface’ and ‘circulate’?
2. (a) What sound does the letter ‘c’ make in the words ‘Pacific’, ‘place’,
(b) Write a sentence using two of these words.
3. (a) What letter is used to show the short ‘u’ sound in ‘other’?
(b) Underline the word with the same short ‘u’ sound. nothing
4. What does the apostrophe mean in the phrase ‘the world’s surface’?
5. What suffix has been added to each word? (a) salty
(b) smallest (d) followed
6. Divide each word into syllables using a slash (/) for easier reading.
(a) Antarctica (b) Indian (c) Australia
Write Yes or No. My learning log
I know words with the soft ‘c’ and ‘g’ sounds. I can recognise the short ‘u’ sound. I can divide words into their syllables.
Reading – Comprehension and Word Reading