King Midas â€“ 3
1. Find the words in the story that mean the same as: (a) pretty
(d) bad spell
(e) straight away
(f) very giving
2. Find how many times these words are in the story.
3. Write in the correct word into its sentence. eager
(b) I might go to the cinema or instead. (c) I was
on top of the hill is haunted.
(a) Some people say the
I will go to the shop
to open my surprise birthday present. became rich.
(d) The man who came up with a brilliant (e) In the town there is a
of a famous person.
4. Find the opposite of these words.
5. Colour each pair of opposites the same colour.
nothing false silly
Write Yes or No. My learning log
I can find words that mean the same. I can find the opposites of words. I can put words into correct sentences.
Reading â€“ Comprehension and Word Reading