Dictionary Activity – 2 1. Dough and doe sound the same but have different meanings. Put each word in a sentence which explains its meaning. dough
2. The words below are all fruit. Find the missing letters. (a) m
3. There are three spelling mistakes in each sentence. Circle the incorrect words and write them correctly.
(a) ‘Attention, poeple,’ said Mrs Smith, the teacher. ‘Sit up strait and be quiete.’
(b) Don’t strane your eyes watching the computor screne.
(c) ‘Oh, no!’ showted Mary. ‘I’ve forgoten my libary books!’
4. Who is most likely to wear a kimono?
5. What is mah-jong?
6. A phillumenist is a person who collects … what?
7. What is the real name for quicksilver?
8. If you refrigerate something, what do you do to it?
Why would you want to refrigerate something?