PROTECTORS MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS
PROTECTOR BY-‐LAWS CURRENT AS OF September 21, 2011
Page 1 of 4
PROTECTORS MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS All meetings will be conducted in accordance with the Robert’s Rules of Order. 1. All meetings will be held on the 3rd Sunday of each month @4 PM. Meeting location will vary and will be announced prior to the meeting.
2. The elected officers shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Road Captain, Media Officer, Sergeant at Arms and Chaplain. President and Vice-‐ President elections will alternate every other year with all other elected positions. 3. Election of Officers will be every 2 years. Elections for offices shall be held at the December meeting. All candidates running for an elected office must have been a full patch member for one (1) year. 4. Any officer unable to complete the term of their elected position will be replaced by membership approval. 5. Minutes will be kept of all meetings. Minutes from the prior meeting will be read at each subsequent meeting with motions for acceptance or modification. 6. A treasury report will be given at each meeting. 7. All treasury accounts will be required to have two signatures. The President, or Vice-‐President and Treasurer. All checks written will require an invoice or receipt for substantiation.
8. The back patch will be worn at all Biker Functions. This identifies our members as being a part of an organization that is a COC Member. 9. Members are not allowed to drink alcoholic beverages during any poker run or other events sponsored by the association. 10. All members will promote a positive image of the Protectors Organization at all times with outstanding citizenship that projects a positive image of the group whether individually or as a group.
11. Any member’s actions that appear negative to the good of the Organization, upon consideration and vote by elected officers, could result in removal of that member from membership. If so ordered, the Organization’s Patch will be returned to the Membership with no refund of the $35.00 fee. 12. Application for membership and cost of patches is $35.00 payable after approval of membership by members. The back patch will only be given once payment is received and six (6) month ride along with an appointed sponsor and 100% vote by all full patch members. Page 2 of 4
PROTECTORS MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS
13. Each member/prospect shall conduct themselves in keeping with the traditions and written BY LAWS of the Organization with RESPECT to the elected board members, ALL fellow members and their family, to the community, its laws and the good name of the Protectors Motorcycle Association. 14. A completed prospective membership application will be required prior to sponsor assignment to begin ride along. While completing the 6-‐month ride along, the prospective member will be required to attend ALL club meetings, fund raisers and rides, unless otherwise an exemption is PRE-‐APPROVED by officers. 15. All new prospective members must be at least 18 years of age and will be given a membership packet at the first attended meeting. The packet will include: Application, By-‐Laws and Officers Phone list.
16. Any member wishing to leave the organization will return the back patch without refund of monies. 17. 20% of all fund raising will go to the organization for operational expenses. 18. Any Protector member will not use their power as an elected officer, member or prospect to indulge themselves in any wrongdoing, public annoyance, or sexual misconduct of any kind. 19. All members will respect any other member’s property, home , place of employment, vehicles, bikes, etc. If for any reason a member is found to guilty of not respecting these things of other members – TERMINATION FROM THE GROUP WILL BE REQUESTED. 20. Dedication from each member to help out during any events is expected. It makes all projects easier on each other and will strengthen our group ability to gain more new prospects and potential sponsors to establish an all around closer net group. 21. Any and all business shall remain within and among each member. No member of the organization will use or pass along information to any other organization in order to gain recognition and/or favoritism from outside groups, organizations, or the media. If found guilty of doing so, without permission, will result in removal or disciplinary action by the group. 22. Any member’s personal lives which include public and/or family problems which needs to be helped with can be talked about within the group. We are here to rely on each other for help and encouragement. Therefore, all members
Page 3 of 4
PROTECTORS MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS shall keep group problems and any member’s personal problems within and amongst our own.
23. All members will honor the Protectors membership patch and COC patch. No other group patches are allowed to be worn unless prior approval of elected officers first.
24. When there is a conflict between any two (2) members, the dispute will be brought to the attention of the Sergeant of Arms, President or Vice President immediately. The Sergeant of Arms will assign two (2) members of his choice to assemble the conflicting members to settle the dispute. The two (2) assigned members will watch-‐over the proceedings allowing each member to state his or her problems with the other member(s) without taking sides and watch over the discussion. If member’s conflicts cannot come to a peaceful end, the matter will then be decided by the elected officials, where both members could be voted out by the Protectors. 25. If a member chooses to leave the organization either because of conflict or expulsion, he/she will be given until the next monthly meeting to make a final determination. At that meeting he/she will be voted out and all patches and property belonging to the Protectors will be returned without refund of monies. 26. Any departing member leaving the group either because of conflict or expulsion will not talk down the Protectors or members in any way! You had your ride and now respect your brothers/sisters that you respect within the group by your silence! Individual, incident or inner workings of the group should not be discussed with anyone! Violations will be dealt with by the Protectors as a whole! “Ride on Brother!”
27. It is not required that a member own a motorcycle. It is, however, required that each member support the Protectors by participating in rides, parades and other support functions such as hanging of flags and manning of activities at Protector events. For all members with bikes, the Road Captain will inspect them regularly. 28. The Protectors code is, you don’t lie, you don’t steal and you never use illegal drugs of any kind. Any infractions to this code could result in a member being expelled from the organization.
Page 4 of 4