How to Migrate X-Cart to PrestaShop ĐĽ-Cart started development in 2001 and now it powers thousands of online stores in more than 100 countries. At the same time, XCart has a lack of top end features, requires some experience to set up platform, and advanced features are available with highly priced plans. For those reasons, a lot of e-merchants decide to migrate their X-Cart to Prestashop, which offers better opportunities for business development. Moreover, it has a large number of modules and addons, helpful support. Cart2Cart offers a possibility to move all products, customers and orders from X-Cart to PrestaShopeffortlessly. Cart2Cart is fully automated so, you donâ€™t have to install any programs and it is not necessary to have high programming skills to perform successful migration. All you have to do is to follow an easy step by step instruction.
1. Create an Account It is really easy to create Cart2Cart account. You are able to sign in with your Facebook or Google profile or register a new account.
2. Select Source Cart Now you have to choose X-Cart as your Source cart. Then enter storeâ€™s URL. The next you have to do is install Connection Bridge. To do that you have to download file, extract it from zip archive and paste to the root directory. For better convenience look through our FAQ.
3. Select Target Cart Now you have to perform the same procedure with target PrestaShop store. 1. Choose PrestaShop from the drop-down menu. 2. Paste shopâ€™s URL. 3. Set up Connection Bridge.
4. Choose Entities You have an opportunity to choose entities that have to be migrated to PrestaShop. Put a tick near items that have to be moved or select Check All.
5. Map Currencies Cart2cart provides a possibility to map currencies which you used on X-Cart with those that will be displayed on target PrestaShop store.
6. Orders Statuses You will also have a possibility to map orders statuses for better convenience in future store administration.
7. Demo Migration Cart2Cart provides a possibility to try how everything works before Full Migration. Limited number of entities will be migrated to PrestaShop store while absolutely free Demo Migration. Thats why we highly recommend not to skip this step.
8. Full Migration After Demo Migration is successfully finished, the next step is Full Migration. Make sure you have enough money on your account, otherwise you will be asked to charge it with more funds. Check entities that have to be moved one more time and press Start Full Migration button.
Thats it! Now you can check X-Cart to PrestaShop migration results. We can congratulate you with new online store!
Published on Jul 4, 2013
How to Migrate X-Cart to PrestaShop http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/shopping-cart-migration-options/185-xcart-to-prestashop-migration