In 1974, the second lesbian and gay pride parade was held on June 23rd, followed by a picnic in South Park. Organizers truncated the route by 1975. That year, on June 22, an undetermined number of community members and supporters jaunted downhill from the Civic Arena to Point State Park. The next year, 1976, a militant troupe wended a serpentine way from the Civic Arena to
the Federal Building, where they made demands of the federal government. The group continued to crisscross the Triangle, issuing rights demands at the City-County Building, the Catholic Diocese Building and Point State Park. In 1979 and 1980, queers hit the asphalt in more residential settings. On June 24, 1979, 120 participants marched through Shadyside and Bellefield, from Ellsworth Avenue to Flagstaff Hill. On
Pride Pittsburgh Magazine | PittsburghPride.org
941 Saloon | Tilden 941 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (412) 383-1533 85
The source for information about LGBT 2010 Pride in Pittsburgh, PA.