Issuu on Google+

Standing on the corner of Portland Place and Weymouth street , 66 Portland place is an impressive art deco building serving as the head quarters for The Royal Institute of British architects. It was formed in 1834 by several architects including Philip Hardwick, Thomas Allom, William Donthorne and the list continues. The RIBA is a member organisation with over 44,000 professionals. Since 1859 9 Conduit street had been the home for the RIBA until British architect George Grey Wornum had won a competition to redesign the building for its 100th anniversary.


Pam Rai, RIBA