PATH TO PRACTICE
Rigorous first-year courses build a strong foundation of traditional legal concepts and procedural rules. Upperclass students move quickly into a distinctive skills-building curriculum. Versed thoroughly in legal theory and practice, our students graduate with the skills and knowledge most valued by employers. 1L COURSES
2L / 3L CURRICULUM
• Professional Responsibility
• Property • Torts • Legal Skills Program • Civil Procedure • Constitutional Law • Criminal Law
“AS A RESULT OF ENGAGED LEARNING, OUR STUDENTS WALK INTO AN INTERVIEW. AND SAY, ‘LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT I’VE DONE, HERE IS MY PORTFOLIO’.” Professor John R. Nolon Founder, Land Use Law Center and Professor of Law and Adjunct Professor, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
• Professional Development Credits • Legislative or Regulatory Course • Upper-Level Writing requirement • Skills Courses: Liveclient clinic, externship or simulation courses
Pace Law students participate in several national and international moot court competitions.
• Specialized courses and seminars • Final semester: opportunity for supervised practice ADVOCACY AND MOOT COURT
Our trial advocacy and moot court programs, which transform students into highly effective advocates, have earned a significant national reputation. Led by outstanding professors who are also successful practitioners, these programs synthesize classroom learning, real world observation, simulated courtroom classes and a strong foundation in legal skills and substantive law. In moot court and simulated trials, students argue cases, provide legal representation to clients in a wide range of practical skills courses, receive professional feedback on their performance by peers, faculty, practicing attorneys, and judges, and gain exposure to areas of law in which they are considering careers.
• Case synthesis • Fact-gathering • Informative and predictive writing • Client interviewing and counseling • Print and electronic legal research • Oral and written appellate advocacy • Negotiation
L AW.PA C E .E D U /A C A D E M I C S
Published on Sep 25, 2017