TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICE (TTO)
TÜBİTAK 1513 - TTO Support Program The TÜBİTAK Supreme Council for Science and Technology (SCST) organized a meeting on December 27, 2011 to discuss “the national innovation and entrepreneurship system and the necessary steps for its improvement”. The meeting culminated into a series of decisions, including “establishing and supporting Technology and Transfer Ofﬁces (TTO) at universities”, in a quest to “develop policy tools to promote innovation and entrepreneurship at universities”. The support program aims to encourage universities to build and commercialize their own technology portfolio by supplying new technologies through university-based entrepreneurial activities and licensing agreements, steer their project development capacity and capabilities in line with industry requirements, and promote and improve the efﬁciency of TTOs as an interface offering logistic support to academic research. TÜBİTAK 1513-TTO Support Program provides 1 million TL for TTO's over 10 years. The program is designed to provide ﬁnancial support to particularly technology transfer ofﬁces established or soon to be established in Turkey, and promote cooperation among TTOs through mentorship programs based on best practice examples.
Contact Technology Transfer Ofﬁce Ozyegin University Cekmeköy Campus Nişantepe Street Orman District 34794 Çekmeköy Tel: +90 216 564 95 68 Fax: +90 216 564 90 68 E-mail: email@example.com
Working with OzU TTO
• Drafting cooperative agreements, overseeing the signature process and coordinating teams
The services that we provide for our partners are summarized below.
• Assisting in the in the grant / project writing, application and management processes.
For Faculty / Researchers Creating Knowledge and Technology
• Offering guidance for funding opportunities and calls for research based on the ﬁeld of interest and expertise, and periodically presenting & sharing information about current funds and facilities • Providing support for the preparation and submission of grant applications • Overseeing the contract process on behalf of the faculty members following the project approval • Conducting administrative and ﬁnancial follow-ups for projects, undertaking reporting, contract revisions and auditing to take bureaucratic workload off the shoulders of the faculty after the contract is awarded • Following up on research outputs, evaluating the resulting intellectual property rights, overseeing patent and licensing application processes, and determining appropriate strategies for commercialization • Increasing the number of student and faculty start-ups and spin-offs
For industrial stakeholders
• Facilitating information exchange and providing a functional platform for potential projects, business ideas and partnerships with the awareness and/or under the guidance of the faculty member’s expertise
• Organizing periodical meetings and info days for university students in the pursuit of promoting entrepreneurship • Being accessible for off-campus entrepreneurs, facilitating information exchange through a number of mechanisms such as social media and websites announcing and promoting regular meetings and info days • Conducting preliminary evaluations on entrepreneurial ideas without prejudice to their intellectual property rights and coordinating the search for university support and seed capital
For Funding Institutions (TÜBİTAK, EU, etc)
• Maintaining a close liaison with funding institutions (Through a series of informative events or the research catalogue prepared in a quest to inform the TUBITAK EU 7th Framework Programmes (FP) and/or H2020 about the ﬁelds of expertise of the OzU faculty for their future joint research calls) • Representing the institution in the informative events held by funding institutions and take an active part in information exchange • Hosting funding institutions at OzU and bringing faculty members both from OzU and other universities together with the funding institutions (TÜBİTAK, EU).
Ozyegin University Technology Transfer Ofﬁce Ozyeğin University has ranked among the top 10 universities awarded with a grant within the scope of the “1513 Technology Transfer Ofﬁce Support Program” launched by TUBITAK in 2013. Ozyegin University Technology Transfer Ofﬁce (OzU TTO) has identiﬁed its objectives; and planned its activities and human resources in recognition of the valuable contributions that our research outputs and new technologies can make to generate national and social beneﬁts. TUBITAK 1513-TTO Support Program activities are classiﬁed into ﬁve modules. OzU TTO offers its services for all modules. Module 1. Awareness, promotion and training Module 2. Services offered to beneﬁt from support programs/grants Module 3. Project development/management (university - industry cooperation activities)
Module 4. Intellectual Property management and licensing services Module 5. Incorporation and entrepreneurship services