* By Jeff Quandt
* Consists: * Professional experience * Education * Interests * Capabilities * Recommendations * Links
Location and industry
* FREE through Jeff Beebe Photography * Willing to set up and take your photo digitally
(have a flash key or email address handy) here on Tuesday
* Need a group of 5 to hold a session and set up appt.
* List to sign up
2. Summary Should be personal and contain keywords and phrases for the job you are looking for. A good place to promote and brand yourself.
Specialties Short keywords of your skills and abilities.
3. Activity • • • • •
Updates Discussions Questions and answers Liking Sharing
4. Experience • List the past 15 years • Include descriptions that show how you benefited the company in that position. • Seek recommendations from former co-workers and friends
* Give to Receive * Try and get at least 4
* Former co-workers * From your email list, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, outlook, etc.
* Friends * Group discussions
Using your online email accounts
Using your email tool like Outlook
Entering email addresses
People you may know through your connections Former classmates
* Groups in your targeted field of work * Groups that are job search related * Groups of interest * Adding useful content to discussions Helps add Connections
* Consider relocating? A way to find connections in other markets
* Follow other people
Group suggestions based on your Groups
* Suggested Jobs based on your profile * Locate job postings on LinkedIn * Save job searches * Connections help you infiltrate
LinkedIn Provides a list of Jobs that is based on your experience and current summary profile. Your Home page will also show a few of these jobs. For a more tailored job search use ADVANCED SEARCH
Advance Search Save Search
* Find answers to questions you may have? * Post questions related to your Job Search
Ask a Question
Questions from your network
Advance Search to search for an answer
* Follow Companies that you are interested in working
* Find people that work at companies, may lead to connections or hand-offs
* See new Job openings * See new hires
General information on the Company
Employees that are on LinkedIn
How you are Connected
* Search companies * Search jobs * Search people â€“ connections * Answers * Groups
Use Advance Search to narrow results Search for:
* When you visit a LinkedIn profile you will be known and not anonymous
* Go to your privacy settings to make the change to Profile View
Home Page • Activity • People You may know • People that have viewed your Profile • Jobs • Applications • Etc.
* Help in anything you wanted to know about LinkedIn and Now can ask.
The Learning Center is found on any screen Navigation bar under MORE.
* By appointment during the week. Sessions held at CCC Atrium
* By appointment before or after Tuesday session * Call 415-5277, 953-2340 * Email firstname.lastname@example.org * Send mail via LinkedIn (via group or connection)
Published on Jan 13, 2011