Scan to Visit Us on theÂ Web!
WASHINGTON DC / CAPITOL Guest ServiceS Guide
Camping Cabin Deluxe Cabin
Welcome to our camping oasis in Washington DC, a place full of activities and amenities. Play hard at the campground and area attractions, then relax in your KOA home away from home.
Owned and Operated by: 768 Cecil Ave North I Millersville, MD 21108 I Toll Free: 800-562-0248 I FAX: 410-923-3709 (After Hours Emergency Phone Number is located on the outside of the Office and Satellite Buildings)
www.capitolkoa.com I firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 - 2017
• THE GOLDEN RULE OF CAMPING: Please do not walk through occupied campsites.
• Check-in Time: CABIN 2:00 pm, RV Sites 12:00 noon.
• Help our trees grow—no clotheslines or hammocks, please.
• Check-out Time CABIN & RV Sites: 12:00 noon. Late check-out arrangements must be made with the front desk. Anyone remaining in their site beyond their scheduled check-out time, without prior arrangements, will be assessed a $25 fee. An additional one day’s charge will be assessed after 2:00 pm.
• Bicycles are welcome in the Campground. Off-road, motorized recreational vehicles are not permitted on the grounds.
• Quiet Hours are 10:00 pm to 8:00 am except during special events. ENFORCED! • Visitors: All visitors must check in at the Store / Registration Desk and obtain a car pass. Visitors must pay the day pass fee per person. This entitles them to use the campground facilities. They must park at the designated overflow area or parking lots. Registered campers are held responsible for the conduct of their visitors. All visitors must leave KOA by 10pm. No new guests after 10pm. Visitors may drive to your site, but afterward, they must park in the designated overflow area. Disabled persons may park at your site if space allows. • Generators may be used only from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
• Jumping pillow adult supervision is required. • Firearms and fireworks are prohibited. • Pavilion use — see the front desk. • Only one electric connection per RV site allowed. • Laundry room sinks are reserved for washing hands. Wash dishes at your campsite or the dish sink located at the satellite restroom/laundry building. • County health ordinance requires gray water to be caught in a container. Please dispose of gray water at Dump Stations. • Wash vehicles at a commercial car wash to ensure dry campsites. • Pets MUST BE ON A 6-FOOT LEASH AT ALL TIMES AND YOU MUST CLEAN UP AFTER THEM. Pets must not be left unattended in vehicles. When you leave the Campground, pets MUST NOT be left unattended outside your unit.
• Use the fire ring and picnic table assigned to • GUEST GOLF CARTS, ATVs, DIRT BIKES, your site. Confine fires to fire rings. MINI BIKES, ETC. ARE WELCOME UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: They must • Accompany children under age 12 to the be insured and operated safely. Golf carts pool and restrooms. Health Department may be operated in the Campground does not allow non-toilet trained children in by licensed drivers at least 16 years old. public pools. All other motorized recreational vehicles • Observe 10 mph speed limit and watch may only be used to enter or leave the for children. Campground. Page 2
CONVENIENCE These Following items are available at the Office.
• Daily Shuttle Tickets • Six Flags Amusement Park Tickets • DC Tour Tickets • Rent a Bike • Ice / Firewood / Propane • Equipment for Billiards, Horseshoes & Ping Pong • Mail Service
Thanks for selecting Washington DC/Capitol KOA! Our friendly KOA staff would like to personally welcome you to the Washington, DC – Baltimore – Annapolis triangle, where the list of things to do and see is almost endless! We are ready to help make your vacation a memorable one. We’re glad you came! Happy Camping!
Washington DC / Capitol KOA Staff
interest in the area
Arlington Cemetery Rte 3 South for 9 miles to US 50 West. (US 50 becomes New York Avenue as you go into the center of Washington.) Turn left on 9th St, then right on Constitution Ave. Continue to the Lincoln Memorial and bear left around it. Exit onto the second bridge, which is Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Baltimore Inner Harbor Travel I-97 North to the I-695 W (Baltimore Beltway) exit. Follow I-695 W, and take Exit 7B, which is I-295. Continue into the center of Baltimore. Immediately after the road makes a sharp right jog, turn right on Pratt St., Inner Harbor will be on the right. On your return, head west on Lombard Street and turn left on Greene St. (Greene St becomes Russell St.) Follow signs for Glen Burnie and I-97 South (via I-695 Baltimore Beltway). Take Exit 4 (I-97 South / Rte 3), and follow I-97 South approximately 8 miles. Take Exit 10A. Follow camping signs.
• Schedule of KOA Events
Mt. Vernon Rte 3 South to US 50 West to I-95 South. Cross Woodrow Wilson Bridge, take the first exit, and stay in the right lane. Go two blocks to George Washington Parkway. Turn right and follow the Parkway to Mt. Vernon.
• Movie Schedule
National Zoo Car: Rte 3 South to US 50 West to I-95 North. Take I-95 North and drive the left lanes to I-495, which will split off to the left as I-95 continues north. Take Exit 33 (Connecticut Ave), and go left at the end of the ramp into town. The zoo will be on your left. Metro: Rte 3 South to US 50 West. Exit at the New Carrollton Metro Station. Catch any train leaving and ride to the Metro Center. Change to a Red Line train to Woodley Park. Exit the station and walk north up Connecticut Ave.
• Nature Trail Information • Local Church Listing Emergency Police, Fire and Ambulance, Dial 911.
CHANNELS 2 & 7.............. abc 4 & 11............. nbc 9 & 13..............cbs 5 & 45............. fox 22 & 26.............. pbs 20 & 24............. upn 54 ................ WB
United States Naval Academy Visitors Center Travel I-97 South to US 50 East, and take MD 70 / Rowe Blvd (Exit 24). Continue on Rowe Blvd to College Ave (MD 450), and turn left on MD 450 to King George St. Turn right on King George St, and go about half a mile.
The Leader in the Guest Services Guide Industry for over 25 Years ATTENTION FULL-TIME RVING COUPLES
SEEKING SALES REP TEAMS
Earn commission while traveling Complimentary camping Supportive office provides assignments Sell local print & internet advertising to an established customer base Applications available at agspub.com or call 877-518-1989
on DC’s Best Washingt
KOA Care Cam
100% Money Back Guarantee
For kids with cancer, the joys o childhood can sometimes seem reach. But at KOA Care Camps, these kids can enjoy a vacation while getting the specialized care they need. Learn more at KOA.COM.
The KOA Kampground Owners Association established the nonprofit Care Camps Trus
“Washington’s Best Tour”
- Washingtonian Magazine Purchase tickets from camp store.
11/13/12 1:19 PM
to Six Flags America on Sale at the Washington DC / Capitol KOA Front Desk!
Take your GARBAGE to the Dumpsters with are located near KL2, and Cabin 96
T hank You!
ia Virgin 1
Office & Store
Outdoor Movie Screen
co Dr ive
Chess 76 75 Set Ping-Pong Basketba
ke Av en
K117 KL4 K118
113 111 112
The Vacation Place for Pets & So Much More!
of m out of , n
• Veterinary • Boarding • Grooming • Day Care • Pet Supplies • Indoor/Outdoor Runs • DIY Dog Wash Mon-Fri 7:30am-7:30pm Sat 7:30am-5pm • Sun 3pm-7:30pm Hospital by Appointment
n st in 1984.
Please do not walk through occupied campsites.
legend Premium Patio Sites Full Hookups 50 Amp - Pull-Thru
K201 K202 56
Community Fire Pit Playground
Water & Elec 30 Amp - Pull-Thru
DT62 DT81 DT83 nnapolis Way DT66
Full Hookups 30 Amp - Pull-Thru Full Hookups 30 Amp
Jumping Pillow 72 Horse Shoes
Water & Elec 1
Premium/Deluxe Tent Sites Deluxe Cabin
Deluxe Cabin Sleeps 8
Camping Cabin® 1-room 1 Camping Cabin® 1-room Camping Cabin® with Deck 2-room Camping Cabin® with Deck Parking Laundry Men’s Restroom Men’s Showers Women’s Restroom Women’s Showers Dump Station Recycle Bin Trailhead Steps Dumpster
410-969-0100 Wi-Fi Login From available networks, choose “Capitol KOA WIFI” and connect. NOTE: Our wi-fi is intended for basic email, facebook and web surfing. It will not work successfully for heavy data requirements such as streaming movies, Skype, etc.
ALL PRO WATER FLOW
RV Holding Tank HYDRO-JETTING 3 Service
8074 Veterans Highway Millersville, MD 21108
Staff Parking Barking Lot
ODORS? Plugged Tank? Sensors Mis-Reading?
Receive a 10% Discount at Businesses with the Value Kard Logo in their Ad.
We SOLVE Tank Problems!
Full Hook-up Required
443-648-3024 Allprowaterﬂowmd Page 5
TO WILMINGTON, DE
BALTIMORE 395 EXIT 52
LS R D BRIL
Y CH PINE AR Y D PK W OR
CIL AV HO E N G RD FARM
N SHINGTO PKWY
CO L PKWLEGE Y
Y LSE HA D R EXIT 22
WE S ST T
EXIT BUSCHS RI 27 FRONTAGE RD VE R
EXIT ANNAPOLIS 21 HARBOUR CENTER SOL O ISLA MON ND S RD
HIE RITC GOV WY H
NF I RD ELD
TO WASHINGTON, DC
SIX FLAGS AMERICA
ROUTE THREE CENTRE
LS RA NE GE HWY
DA VID SO
SUNRISE BEACH RD
CROFTON INDUST. PARK
NF BL IELD VD
WAUGH CHAPEL VILLAGE CON WA YR D
LS GENERA HWY
E RD ILL NV
WA CHA UGH PEL RD
32 ODENTON SHOPPING CENTER
POST OFFICE EXIT 21108 10 NE AK PRE DR
ODENTON PATUXENT NATIONAL WILDLIFE RESEARCH REFUGE
TO ALEXANDRIA, VA
EXIT 12 D TR U C GR W O NE RDVER
FORT GEORGE G MEADE
TELEGRAP H RD
PO NA AN RD
2 EXIT 15
D O RS E Y R D
ARUNDEL MILLS MALL
TO FRANCIS SCOTT KEY BRIDGE (TOLL)
ION IAT AV LVD B
HARBOR RD EXIT 3B
HARBOR TUNNEL THRUWAY
CR A HW IN Y
EXIT 11 EXIT 49
GOV RITCHIE HWY
TO HARBOR TUNNEL (TOLL)
US NAVAL ACADEMY
TO ANNAPOLIS, MD
US NAVAL STATION
These businesses are recommended by your host. Please let them know you are staying at
WASHINGTON DC / CAPITOL KOA.
4 BICYCLE SALES SERVICE & ACCESSORIES
HOURS: M-F: 10-7 Sat: 10-5 Sun: 12-5
1286 Rt. 3 South (Rt. 3 Centre) • Crofton www.familybikeshop.com
15% OFF - Any One Item
(Excludes labor, can’t be combined with any other offer) KOA
MILANO PIZZA We Deliver! 5 ($10 Minimum Order)
Parts & Accessories Camping Supplies Hitches & Towing Accessories Service & Repairs Motorhome Rentals
410-766-5509 1223 Dorsey Rd., Glen Burnie
Serving the Children of Our Fallen Military Heroes
Pizza • Subs • Wings • Seafood Fried Chicken • Brick Oven milano pizza MD
1021 Generals Hwy • Crownsville, MD
1. Leaving the KOA Kampground, make a right at the first stop sign — Hog Farm Road. Follow Hog Farm Road to Rte 3 South, and travel 9 miles to Rte 50 West. Exit onto 50 West and travel approximately 8 miles. Exit at New Carrollton Metro. 2. Take any train leaving the station and ride directly to the Smithsonian stop. Exit the Smithsonian station at THE MALL exit. 3. Leaving the Smithsonian station, take the orange line train back to New Carrollton, where a minimal parking fee is payable in coin. Return to the KOA Kampground via Rte 50 East to Rte 3 North. At the end of Rte 3 North, exit at Veterans Highway and follow the state camping signs.
Specializing in Greek Food, Steaks, Seafood & Poultry
Daily Specials: Check Out Our Menu & Specials Online at www.perrysrestaurant.com
Breakfast Lunch & Dinner
FREE ) Wings (8A with KO Guide
• Serving Breakfast All Day • Catering Available Onsite or Offsite 1210 Annapolis Rd. • Odenton, MD • Lunch Specials Mon-Fri
The Sports Bar Downstairs... Pool• Darts • Dance • Good Times Come Watch your Favorite Sports on one of our HD TV’s! Open Every Day! 4PM - 2AM
VACATION CENTER “A Service Minded Dealer”
ALL TYPES RVS
SALES • SERVICE • PARTS • PROPANE
door Visit OurrooImn ! Show
Large Accessories Store
Benfield Service Center
Major & Minor Repairs Gas • Diesel • Propane Mon-Fri 6am to 9pm Sat 7am to 9pm Sun 8am to 8pm
8699 Veterans Hwy Millersville, MD
Pop-Ups • Travel Trailers 5th Wheels • Toy Haulers A,B,C Class Motorhomes Gas & Diesel
410-987-4793 Rt. 3 N. Gambrills (Between Rte 175 & 424)
3 Miles South in Northbound Lane
>> www.leosrv.com <<
“Because of your support, I found my Forever Family!” -Jay operationkindness.org
Waterbury Liquors Delivery on Large Orders • Special Case & Party Discounts Keno • MD Lottery • Keg Beer
1021 Generals Highway • Crownsville, MD 21032 OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
$ 00 NEW YORK CITY/ NEWBURGH KOA • Free Wi-Fi OFF your stay with Purchase of a Tour.
New York Tours!
Depart from the KOA. Admissions included. Offer not valid with any other offer except the KOA Value Kard. Expires 12/31/2017.
Some Activities Seasonal.
• Shaded RV & Tent Sites • Camping Cabins & Lodge • Outdoor Cinema • Kamp K9 Dog Park • 2 Large Swimming Pools • Catch & Release Pond • Pancake Breakfasts
Box 382, Plattekill, NY 12568 www.newburghkoa.com
Some Activities © 2016 AGS-TXAD.COM • CROWLEY, TX 76036 • (877) 518-1989 • 11-16 CH • MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • D1698 JBM 11951