WASHINGTON DC / CAPITOL Guest ServiceS Guide Welcome to our camping oasis near Washington DC, a place full of activities and amenities. Play hard at the campground and area attractions, then relax in your KOA home away from home.
Owned and Operated by: 768 Cecil Ave North I Millersville, MD 21108 Phone: 410-923-2771 I Toll Free: 800-562-0248 I FAX: 410-923-3709 (After Hours Emergency Phone Number is located on the outside of the Office and Satellite Buildings)
www.capitolkoa.com I firstname.lastname@example.org
• THE GOLDEN RULE OF CAMPING: Please do not walk through occupied campsites.
• Check-in Time: CABIN 2:00 pm, RV Sites 12:00 noon.
• Observe 10 mph speed limit and watch for children.
• Check-out Time CABIN & RV Sites: 12:00 noon. Late check-out arrangements must be made with the front desk. Anyone remaining in their site beyond their scheduled check-out time, without prior arrangements, will be assessed a $ 5.00 fee per hour up to 4 pm. An additional one day’s charge will be assessed after 4pm.
• Help our trees grow—no clotheslines or hammocks, please.
• Quiet Hours are 10:00 pm to 8:00 am except during special events. ENFORCED!
• Pavilion use – see the front desk.
• Visitors: ALL visitors must check in at the Store / Registration Desk and obtain a car pass. Visitors must pay the day pass fee PER PERSON. This entitles them to the use of the campground facilities. They must park at the designated overflow area or parking lots. Registered campers are held responsible for the conduct of their visitors. ALL visitors must leave the KOA by 10 PM. Visitors may drive to your site, but afterward, they must park in the designated overflow area. Disabled persons may park at your site if space allows.
These Following items are available at the Office.
• Daily Shuttle Tickets • Six Flags Amusement Park Tickets • DC Tour Tickets
• Jumping pillow – adult supervision is required.
• Ice / Firewood / Propane
• Firearms and fireworks are prohibited. • Only one electric connection per RV site allowed. • Laundry room sinks are reserved for washing hands. Wash dishes at your campsite or the dish sink located at the satellite restroom/laundry building. • County health ordinance requires gray water to be caught in a container. Please dispose of gray water at Dump Stations. • Wash vehicles at a commercial car wash to ensure dry campsites.
• Pets MUST BE ON A 6-FOOT LEASH AT ALL TIMES AND YOU MUST CLEAN UP AFTER THEM. Pets must not be left unattended in vehicles. When you leave the Campground, • Please do not park in empty rv sites or empty pets MUST NOT be left unattended outside cabin slots. One vehicle allowed per site. your unit. • GUEST GOLF CARTS, ATVs, DIRT BIKES, MINI BIKES, ETC. ARE WELCOME UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: They must • Use the fire ring and picnic table assigned to be insured and operated safely. Golf carts your site. Confine fires to fire rings. may be operated in the Campground • Accompany children under age 12 to the by licensed drivers at least 16 years old. pool and restrooms. Health Department All other motorized recreational vehicles does not allow non-toilet trained children in may only be used to enter or leave the Campground. public pools. Page 2
• Bicycles are welcome in the Campground. Off-road, motorized recreational vehicles are not permitted on the grounds.
• Only one camping unit allowed per site. No tents allowed on rv sites . No tents allowed on cabin sites.
• Generators may be used only from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
• Rent a Bike
• Equipment for Billiards, Horseshoes & Ping Pong • Mail Service
Thanks for selecting Washington DC/Capitol KOA! Our friendly KOA staff would like to personally welcome you to the Washington, DC – Baltimore – Annapolis triangle, where the list of things to do and see is almost endless! We are ready to help make your vacation a memorable one. We’re glad you came! Happy Camping!
Washington DC / Capitol KOA Staff
interest in the area
Arlington Cemetery Rte 3 South for 9 miles to US 50 West. (US 50 becomes New York Avenue as you go into the center of Washington.) Turn left on 9th St, then right on Constitution Ave. Continue to the Lincoln Memorial and bear left around it. Exit onto the second bridge, which is Arlington Memorial Bridge.
Baltimore Inner Harbor Travel I-97 North to the I-695 W (Baltimore Beltway) exit. Follow I-695 W, and take Exit 7B, which is I-295. Continue into the center of Baltimore. Immediately after the road makes a sharp right jog, turn right on Pratt St., Inner Harbor will be on the right. On your return, head west on Lombard Street and turn left on Greene St. (Greene St becomes Russell St.) Follow signs for Glen Burnie and I-97 South (via I-695 Baltimore Beltway). Take Exit 4 (I-97 South / Rte 3), and follow I-97 South approximately 8 miles. Take Exit 10A. Follow camping signs.
• Schedule of KOA Events
Mt. Vernon Rte 3 South to US 50 West to I-95 South. Cross Woodrow Wilson Bridge, take the first exit, and stay in the right lane. Go two blocks to George Washington Parkway. Turn right and follow the Parkway to Mt. Vernon.
• Movie Schedule
National Zoo Car: Rte 3 South to US 50 West to I-95 North. Take I-95 North and drive the left lanes to I-495, which will split off to the left as I-95 continues north. Take Exit 33 (Connecticut Ave), and go left at the end of the ramp into town. The zoo will be on your left. Metro: Rte 3 South to US 50 West. Exit at the New Carrollton Metro Station. Catch any train leaving and ride to the Metro Center. Change to a Red Line train to Woodley Park. Exit the station and walk north up Connecticut Ave.
• Nature Trail Information • Local Church Listing Emergency Police, Fire and Ambulance, Dial 911.
CHANNELS 2 & 7.............. abc 4 & 11............. nbc 9 & 13..............cbs 5 & 45............. fox 22 & 26.............. pbs 20 & 24............. upn 54 ................ WB
United States Naval Academy Visitors Center Travel I-97 South to US 50 East, and take MD 70 / Rowe Blvd (Exit 24). Continue on Rowe Blvd to College Ave (MD 450), and turn left on MD 450 to King George St. Turn right on King George St, and go about half a mile.
The Leader in the Guest Services Guide Industry for over 25 Years ATTENTION FULL-TIME RVING COUPLES
SEEKING SALES REP TEAMS
Earn commission while traveling Complimentary camping Supportive office provides assignments Sell local print & internet advertising to an established customer base Applications available at agspub.com or call 877-518-1989
For kids with cancer, the joys of childhood can sometimes seem out of reach. But at KOA Care Camps, these kids can enjoy a vacation while getting the specialized care they need. Learn more at
KOA Care Camps
The KOA Kampground Owners Association established the nonprofit Care Camps Trust in 1984.
AUTO, TRUCK & RV SERVICE
224 C Mountain Rd.
to Six Flags America on Sale at the Washington DC / Capitol KOA Front Desk!
Take your GARBAGE to the Dumpsters with are located near KL1, and Cabin 119
T hank You!
86 85 84
Deluxe Tent Sites No Hookups Deluxe Cabin Deluxe Cabin Sleeps 8
Camping Cabin® 1-room 1 Camping Cabin® 1-room Camping Cabin® with Deck 2-room Camping Cabin® with Deck Parking Laundry Men’s Restroom Men’s Showers
48 49 46 47
Staff Parking Capitol Canines
410-969-0100 Wi-Fi Login From available networks, choose “Capitol KOA WIFI” and connect. NOTE: Our wi-fi is intended for basic email, facebook and web surfing. It will not work successfully for heavy data requirements such as streaming movies, Skype, etc.
Indoor / Outdoor RV • Boat Storage Climate Controlled
Winterize Service Wash/Wax/Detail & More 24 Hour Video Surveillance
BWI Shuttle Provided
1 1 1 K125 K119 K120 K124 K121 K122 K123
8074 Veterans Highway Millersville, MD 21108
Women’s Restroom Women’s Showers Dump Station Recycle Bin Trailhead Steps Dumpster
Jumping Pillow 114
Water & Elec Tent Sites Water/Electric-20amp
Meadow 2 Pavilion
Full Hookups 50 Amp - Pull-Thru Full Hookups 30 Amp - Pull-Thru Water & Elec 30 Amp - Pull-Thru Full Hookups Back In - 30 Amp
Community Fire Pit Playground
103 104 106
Office & Store Propane
Outdoor Movie Screen
legend 50 Amp Premium Patio
Se ve rn
co Dr ive
Chess 101 102 Set Ping-Pong Basketball
Please do not walk through occupied campsites.
ak eA ve n
K129 KL4 K130
Av e nce
K126 79 KL2
e nd pe e d In 96
• Veterinary • Boarding • Grooming • Day Care • Pet Supplies • Indoor/Outdoor Runs • DIY Dog Wash Mon-Fri 7:30am-7:30pm Sat 7:30am-5pm • Sun 3pm-7:30pm Hospital by Appointment
THE GOLDEN RULE
The Vacation Place for Pets & So Much More!
Receive a 10% Discount at Businesses with the Value Kard Logo in their Ad.
7366 BaltimoreAnnapolis Blvd. Glen Burnie, MD I-97 Exit 16
www.bwiboatrvstorage.com Your Premier Recreational Vehicle Storage and Full Services Location
TO WILMINGTON, DE
BALTIMORE 395 EXIT 52
HARBOR TUNNEL THRUWAY
Y CH PINE AR Y D PK W OR
NF I RD ELD
“Because of your support, I found my Forever Family!” -Jay operationkindness.org
1. Leaving the KOA Kampground, make a right at the first stop sign — Hog Farm Road. Follow Hog Farm Road to Rte 3 South, and travel 9 miles to Rte 50 West. Exit onto 50 West and travel approximately 8 miles. Exit at New Carrollton Metro.
CO L PKWLEGE Y
Y LSE HA D R EXIT 22
WE S ST T
EXIT BUSCHS RI 27 FRONTAGE RD VE R
EXIT ANNAPOLIS 21 HARBOUR CENTER
SOL O ISLA MON ND S RD
Mon-Fri 8-8, Sat 10-6
www.davidsnaturalmarket.com • 871 Annapolis Rd., Gambrills
Get Hearty “Grab & Go” Meals
TO WASHINGTON, DC
2 MOUNTAIN RD
SUNRISE BEACH RD
1223 Dorsey Rd., Glen Burnie
301 SIX FLAGS AMERICA
DA VID SO
LS RA NE GE HWY
LE RSVIL MILLE RD
E RD ILL NV
ROUTE THREE CENTRE
CROFTON INDUST. PARK
NF BL IELD VD W BENFIELD
Only Minutes from KOA AP
LS GENERA HWY
WAUGH CHAPEL VILLAGE CON WA YR D
TO ALEXANDRIA, VA
LS R D
CIL AV HO E N G RD FARM
SHINGTO ORE- WA
ODENTON SHOPPING CENTER
HIE RITC GOV WY H
WA CHA UGH PEL RD
PATUXENT NATIONAL WILDLIFE RESEARCH REFUGE
NE AK PRE DR
POST OFFICE EXIT 21108 10
FORT GEORGE G MEADE
EXIT 12 D TR U C GR W O NE RDVER
7 Area's Best Natural Market !
TELEGRAP H RD
PO NA AN RD
1021 Generals Hwy • Crownsville, MD
D O RS E Y R D
ARUNDEL MILLS MALL
Pizza • Subs • Wings • Seafood Fried Chicken • Brick Oven milano pizza MD
ION IAT AV LVD B
HARBOR RD EXIT 3B
TO FRANCIS SCOTT KEY BRIDGE (TOLL)
Parts & Accessories Camping Supplies Hitches & Towing Accessories Service & Repairs Motorhome Rentals
($10 Minimum Order)
CR A HW IN Y
EXIT 11 EXIT 49
GOV RITCHIE HWY
MILANO PIZZA We Deliver! 5
TO HARBOR TUNNEL (TOLL)
US NAVAL ACADEMY
TO ANNAPOLIS, MD
US NAVAL STATION
These businesses are recommended by your host. Please let them know you are staying at
WASHINGTON DC / CAPITOL KOA.
Great Mexican Food Burgers & More! Homemade Food Sun-Thur 11am-1am Fri-Sat 11am-2am
2. Take any train leaving the station and ride directly to the Smithsonian stop. Exit the Smithsonian station at THE MALL exit. 3. Leaving the Smithsonian station, take the orange line train back to New Carrollton, where a minimal parking fee is payable in coin. Return to the KOA Kampground via Rte 50 East to Rte 3 North. At the end of Rte 3 North, exit at Veterans Highway and follow the state camping signs.
Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm
Wide Beer Selection Fresh Squeezed Margaritas Happy Hour 3-7 M-F
Dog Friendly Patio
410-923-8226 722 Generals Hwy Less than 2 minutes away from KOA
VACATION CENTER “A Service Minded Dealer”
ALL TYPES RVS
A/C • HEATING ALIGNMENTS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DIAGNOSIS MUFFLER/EXHAUST OIL CHANGE & LUBE MAINTENANCE
SALES • SERVICE • PARTS • PROPANE
door Visit OurrooImn ! Show
Large Accessories Store Pop-Ups • Travel Trailers 5th Wheels • Toy Haulers A,B,C Class Motorhomes Gas & Diesel
410-987-4793 Rt. 3 N. Gambrills (Between Rte 175 & 424) 3 Miles South in Northbound Lane
>> www.leosrv.com <<
“AS SEEN ON TV”
410-451-4677 FREE SHUTTLE 1101 STATE RT. 3 S. GAMBRILLS, MD www.GossGarage.com
Waterbury Liquors 10
11 OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK
Delivery on Large Orders • Special Case & Party Discounts Keno • MD Lottery • Keg Beer
1021 Generals Highway • Crownsville, MD 21032
$ 00 NEW YORK CITY/ NEWBURGH KOA • Free Wi-Fi OFF your stay with Purchase of a Tour.
New York Tours!
Depart from the KOA. Admissions included. Offer not valid with any other offer except the KOA Value Kard. Expires 12/31/2018.
Some Activities Seasonal.
• Shaded RV & Tent Sites • Camping Cabins & Lodge • Outdoor Cinema • Kamp K9 Dog Park • 2 Large Swimming Pools • Catch & Release Pond • Pancake Breakfasts
Box 382, Plattekill, NY 12568 www.newburghkoa.com
Some Activities © 2018 AGSPUB.COM • CROWLEY, TX 76036 • (877) 518-1989 • 2-18 CH • MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • D1698 RDS 12434
Washington DC/Capitol KOA Sitemap