Skowhegan/Canaan 18 Cabin Road (on RT2) • Canaan, ME 04924 207-474-2858 • 800-562-7571 GPS: 44.769710269401 69.54370379447937 www.smorefuncampground.com • www.skowkoa.com E-mail: email@example.com
GUEST SERVICES GUIDE
Canaan One Stop Palmyra Walmart Skowhegan Walmart
386 Madison Ave. • Skowhegan, ME 260 Water St. • Katie Q. Convenience 1 164 Main St. • Madison, ME
BEECH ST HANOVER ST
95 TO RT 201 & SKOWHEGAN
It is a pleasure serving you. Our KOA is locally owned, and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, be sure to let us know. Enjoy your stay, and come back soon!
Our Sincere Thanks
CLEVELAND ST MADISON AVE
E MADISON AVE
UTIO STIT CON AVE
Route 2 Canaan, ME
• Skowhegan Fair - August • Bar Harbor (Acadia National Park) • White Water Rafting • Benedict Arnold Trail • Lake George Regional Park • LL Bean • Mount Katahdin • Moxie Falls • 62’ Wooden Indian • Golf Courses • Lakewood Summer Theater • Antiques • Hot Air Balloon Festival (May) • Home of Author Stephen King • Scenic Moose Route • Camden Area Lighthouses • Baxter State Park • Appalachian Trail • Fort Knox • Spectacular Autumn Colors • Train Museums • Hiking • Fishing • Boating • Moosehead Lake
1 FAIRGROUNDS MARKET PLACE
318 Madison Avenue ◆ 474-0050 Dine-In/Carryout/Lunch Buffet
• Gas • Diesel • ATM • Cold Beer • Wine • Liquor • Fresh Meats • Pizza • Videos Complete Line of Groceries
Locally owned and operated by the Bailey Family
TO MADISON & AUBURN
CANAAN 3 SUPERETTE
Your Skowhegan/Canaan KOA Team
E AT W
KENNEBEC RIVER EAST RIVER RD
TO NEWPORT N
3 TO RT 201
RD ND PO OA K
.co her oa Ot .k To s? w ng on s w eli ati k U av oc c ... Tr L Che ut O
THESE BUSINESSES ARE RECOMMENDED BY YOUR HOST. PLEASE LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE STAYING AT
For Your Convenience
Grandma Don’s Kafe
Stocked Store – Hours Posted
Gifts & Souvenirs • Propane/Ice/Wood • R & R Room/Kafé/Laundry Playground/Arcade/Mini Golf/Pool/Hot Tub Hay Wagon, Trolley, Fire Truck Rides, Boat & Bike Rentals, Hiking Trails, Self-Guided Tours, Sports Equipment Provided, Activities/Theme Weekends
All fresh foods served in the romantic atmosphere of a renovated 19th century home. • Baked Stuffed Shrimp • Charbroiled Salmon • Chicken Crepes • and more!
Open Saturday & Sunday 7:30 - 10:30 am Made from scratch NO box mixes Goodies • Muffins • Coffeecake
DINNER – Sunday-Thursday: 5pm-9pm Friday & Saturday: 5pm-10pm LUNCH BUFFET – Tuesday-Friday
182 Madison Ave. (207) 474-5100
Checkout 11:00 AM
Full Hookup 30/50 AMP
We offer a Covered Pavilion for:
Company Picnics, Family Reunions, Tour Groups, Club Meetings, Church & Social Outings, Showers/Weddings, Birthdays
Your Site # G1 G2 G3 G4 G5 G6
Full Hookup 20/30 AMP
Cable - All RV Sites Dumpster
Do limit vehicle speed to 10 MPH - our squirrels don’t know one kind of nut from another.
C6 C5 C4 C3 C2 C1
Public Telephones Laundry Kafé Store R&R Showers Men’s Office Room Women’s Security Gate
A8 A7 A6 A5 A4 A3
D6 D5 D4 D3 D2 D1
E6 E5 E4 E3 E2 E1
Flying Disc Golf
F5 F4 F3 F2 F1
Basketball To Rt 201
For your pleasure and safety as well as that of our other guests, we ask your observance of the following, and if you observe others violating any Dos, please notify our friendly staff. Thank You! • CHECK-OUT TIME is 11:00 am (visitors fee will start to apply). Please let us know by 10:00 am if you wish to stay on site for an additional night the day prior (if available). Check-in time is 1:00 pm. We are unable to provide refunds for early departures.
• DO keep your campsite clean. Put trash into plastic bags and dispose of in trash Dumpster located behind stockade fence. Located across from visitors parking lot. Site trash pickup as well. • DO know SMOKING is not permitted in any KOA buildings, including all types of Cabins. Please do not put cigarette butts on the ground.
• DO observe QUIET TIME 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. All children under 18 must be on site by 10:00 pm. Please respect others by limiting the volume of voices and radios. Playground is closed at dark.
• Parents: YOU are responsible for your children’s safety and behavior at all times while anywhere in the Campground, bathrooms, arcade, pool, and all recreation areas. A parent must accompany children under 10 at all times while using the facilities and recreation areas. • DO remember sewer rings are required at each site. Please be considerate — no one likes a smelly neighbor. The dumping of grey water is against the law. Anyone caught dumping grey water on the ground will be evicted immediately, without refund. DO NOT USE ROCKS AROUND SEWER DRAINS.
• DO help Mother Nature and us by NOT putting nails, clotheslines, gas lanterns or chop marks on our trees. (They need their skin too.)
• DO use fire rings located at your site for campfires. DO NOT MOVE THEM. If you bring firewood please take it with you when you leave. Campfires must never be left unattended. Firewood may be purchased. Cutting/breaking of tree limbs, dead or alive, is not permitted. • DO refrain from using area rugs or large mats as these rapidly smother and kill the grass underneath. Limit size to 18" x 24". We value our nice green lawns and so do the next campers after you. • DO confine alcohol consumption to your site and conceal bottles and cans in plain cups. Drunkenness will not be tolerated.
• DO help us conserve well water. WASHING OF VEHICLES IS PROHIBITED! Please fix or report any leaks to the office. • DO OBEY POSTED POOL RULES AND HOURS! There is NO LIFEGUARD at any time - swim at your own risk. A parent, grandparent or guardian MUST accompany children under 15 at all times. Alcohol consumption is not allowed at the pool or deck area. • DO limit vehicle speed to 10 mph - our squirrels don’t know one kind of nut from another.
• DO ride bicycles and wheeled toys only during daylight hours. After dark they will be locked up for the night. Skateboards are not allowed in the Campground. Children under the age of 16 must wear a helmet.
• DO know FIREARMS, DRUGS, and FIREWORKS are NOT PERMITTED. Sparklers and morning glories are only permitted.
• PETS are WELCOME. For safety reasons, children are not allowed to walk pets. They must be on a 6' or shorter leash at all times. They must not annoy or constitute a danger to other guests. They must not be left outside unattended at any time. Owners are to pick up all droppings on and off sites. DO know that HEALTH DEPARTMENT RULES dictate NO PETS in the main building, bathrooms, laundry, showers, arcade, playground, pool, pavilion, mini golf area, and some deluxe cabins. • ALL REGISTERED GUESTS AND VISITORS use Skowhegan/Canaan KOA LLC. facilities and amenities at their own risk. The owners cannot be held responsible for accidents, injuries, or loss of personal property due to fire, theft, accident, or an act of God or nature. The owners and managers are not responsible for loss or damage by falling limbs or debris from trees. You assume all risks associated with entering this Campground not limited to but including your persons, your animals, and your vehicles. • MANAGEMENT reserves the right to change these rules at their sole discretion. Management reserves the right to refuse services and/or limit the length of stay. This is private property and we reserve the right to protect it and enforce all above Dos for the benefit and safety of all. © 2012 TEXASADVERTISING.NET • 910 S. CROWLEY RD SUITE 9-504 • CROWLEY, TX 76036 • (877) 518-1989 THIS PUBLICATION MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • 5-12/LHG/DM
Published on Jun 14, 2012