Now OPEN ALL YEAR!
Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg 3122 Veterans Blvd. • Pigeon Forge, TN 37863 865-453-7903 • Reservations: 1-800-KOA-7703 www.pigeonforgekoa.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
GUEST SERVICES GUIDE 49 Years of Great Customer Service
Welcome to KOA!
in o x a l e R
“For Campers Who Go First Class”
ed p t a e h
Visit us on the Web!
Welcome to Pigeon Forge, “Gateway to the Smokies,” and thank you for visiting the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA. We are delighted you are here, and extend a warm welcome to our first time visitors, and “welcome back” to our returning guests. There are many activities in the area suitable for every age and interest. The Great Smoky Mountains and various entertainment venues such as Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, Titanic and Old Mill Square offer numerous family-friendly activities. Outstanding musical theater productions are also available. Pigeon Forge is well known for its shopping opportunities, and the outdoor enthusiast will find unlimited choices. Countless dining establishments can satisfy every taste. There is something for everyone in the family. We will be happy to assist you in planning excursions around the area and can recommend some of our favorites. Just let us know how we may be of service to you. This is an area rich in mountain heritage and natural beauty. Experience as much as possible during your visit, and come back for more family fun in Pigeon Forge!
Your Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA Owners, Hosts & Staff 2
• Special Occasion Dresses • Coordinated Sportswear • Accessories • Casual & Special Dresses • Stretch Comfort Jeans
CHILHOWEE RV CENTER Airstream • Winnebago Forest River • Keystone
Complete RV Service & Camp Store
1-800-423-9580 4037 Airport Highway
3 Miles North of Knoxville Airport Alcoa, TN
MILEAGE FROM PIGEON FORGE KOA Ashville, NC. . . . . . . . . . 88 miles Atlanta, GA . . . . . . . . . 230 miles Bristol, TN . . . . . . . . . . . 109 miles Charleston, SC . . . . . . 357 miles Chattanooga, TN. . . . . 143 miles Gatlinburg, TN . . . . . . . . . 6 miles Knoxville, TN. . . . . . . . . 33 miles Maryville, TN. . . . . . . . . 35 miles Memphis, TN . . . . . . . . 418 miles Nashville, TN. . . . . . . . . 211 miles Savannah, GA . . . . . . . 374 miles Townsend, TN. . . . . . . . 15 miles
• BLACK BEAR • Perhaps the best known of our native species, the Black Bear is more vegetarian than carnivore. As a word of caution, do not attempt to approach bears. Enjoy them at a distance. While bears will normally flee from humans, should they feel threatened or protec tive, they are c apable of inflic ting serious harm. With running speeds up to 30 mph, they can outrun the fastest human. • WHITE-TAILED DEER • When fleeing, this deer is easily identifiable by the flashing white tail underside. Active year-round, day and night, the deer population was nearly decimated by the early logging industry, but quickly rebounded after the establishment of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
24 HOUR ON-SITE SERVICES
On-Site Services • A/C Repair • Bus & RV Complete Road Service • Towing Available
2 CAMPGROUND INFO 3 ABC 4 NBC 5 CBS 6 FOX 7 CNN 8 FOX NEWS 9 MSNBC 10 WEATHER CHANNEL 11 ESPN 12 ESPN2 13 SEC or NICK JR 14 CARTOON NETWORK 15 DISNEY 16 NICKELODEON 17 CMT 18 VH1 19 MTV 20 USA 21 TBS 22 TNT 23 A&E 24 BRAVO 25 E! 26 HGTV 27 FOOD 28 TRAVEL CHANNEL 29 DISCOVERY 30 HISTORY 31 NAT GEO 32 ANIMAL PLANET 33 HALLMARK 34 LIFETIME 35 COMEDY CENTRAL 36 SPIKE 37 TRU TV
That’s what we hope you’ll rate us on our survey after you leave. If at any time during your stay you do not feel we are earning a “10,” please allow us the opportunity to correct the situation. Simply call or stop by the Registration Desk (865-453-7903), or ask any staff member wearing yellow and they will be happy to handle your request. Thank you for choosing to stay at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA! Heather Kelch Johnson General Operations Manager
KOA Holiday: “Where Memorable Adventures Begin!” Whether you’re looking for a base camp for exploring the area or a fun place to stay with lots of activities, you’ll love our KOA Holiday campgrounds. There’s plenty to do at these KOAs, with amenities and services to make your stay memorable, whether it’s overnight or for a longer stay. Each KOA Holiday features full service RV sites and KOA Deluxe Cabins with bathrooms. Take a hike, see the local attractions or enjoy a campfire. It’s your holiday!
Happy Camping The Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg Team
Meet Roger Sellers, co-founder and owner of
*Family Owned *Top 50 Dealer *Quality Service *Professional *Integrity
You are cordially invited to visit. See our ad on the back page.
How Our Pull-Thru Campsites Work
In this example, the blue area represents all of site 50.
• Back of trailer past utility post • Vehicle parked in front of unit
Pull Your Vehicle
Onto The Pad.
14 9 176
122 121 120
P a t h t o P a tr i o t P a r k
• We will be happy to help you plan a variety of daily activities in the Great Smoky Mountains area. Please stop at the office and pick up your free KOA Directory and road atlas. • CAMPFIRES are allowed ONLY IN FIRE RINGS. DO NOT MOVE FIRE RINGS OR GRILLS. • CAMP SITE CHECK-OUT TIME IS 12:00 noon. Please re-register by 11:00 am if you are planning to stay another day. Units on reserved sites after 12:00 noon will be pulled off at owner’s expense. DELUXE CABIN CHECK-OUT—10:00 AM. CAMPING CABIN CHECK-OUT—11:00 am. NO LATE CHECKOUTS PERMITTED. • CHILDREN must have an adult with them in restrooms. • FIREWORKS PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES. • GARBAGE: PICKED UP DAILY AT 10:00 am. • NO draining of sink water into camping area. Please use a bucket. • NO RUNNING OF GENERATORS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. • NO CAR OR TRAILER WASHING. • ONLY ONE CAMPING UNIT AND VEHICLE PER SITE. ALL VISITORS AND VEHICLES MUST BE REGISTERED AND PAID FOR. • Please leave security pass in RED BOX on drive, or notify office when you check out. • PLEASE SAVE OUR GRASS—NO MATS LARGER THAN 3 FEET BY 3 FEET. • POOL: Hours—9:30 am till 11:00 pm. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. No lifeguard in attendance. NO DIVING IN POOL. While using pool/hot tub facilities, please use restroom provided at pool. Day guests must register and pay for use of pool. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK! NO PARKING AT POOL. • HOT TUB: Caution—water may reach high temperatures. NOT ADVISED FOR CHILDREN. • QUIET HOURS are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. • RIDING OF MINI-BIKES OR MOTORCYCLES NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPGROUND. GOLF CARTS PERMITTED BY LICENSED DRIVERS ONLY. • PETS ON A LEASH ARE YOUR PRIVILEGE, CLEANING UP AFTER THEM IS YOUR OBLIGATION. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PETS UNATTENDED. A KAMP K9 IS PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE. • 5 MPH SPEED LIMIT throughout campground for anything on wheels. • MANAGEMENT ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OR SAFETY OF GUESTS AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EVICT FOR INFRACTIONS OF THE CAMPGROUND RULES. • COURTESY IS CONTAGIOUS. GIVE YOUR NEIGHBOR YOURS.
Guidelines for your Camping Convenience
15 1 16 1 6 50
For emergencies call 911
For after hours campground assistance call (865) 333-1114
132 131 130 129 128 127
Little Pigeon Rive
Elec, Water, Cable – Pull-Thru
V 55 54
Group Fire Pit
“ T h ed o w s ” Mea Group Tent Area
Ga Ga Pit
DC4 Pet Walk
RV & Boat Storage
All rates include two people plus tax $2.00 each additional child $4.00 each additional adult
P Basketball Recycling
Pavilion Telephone Laundry Bathhouse Pet Walk Deposit Trash Dump Station
1-Room 4-Person Cabin, Cable
Zero Entry Wading Pool
Office & Store
$55-$65 1-Room 6-Person Cabin, Cable
2-Room 6-Person Cabin, Cable
Elec, Water, Cable – Back-In Elec, Water, No Cable – Back-In
To 441 & The Sm
Deluxe Cabin (Lodge),Cable, 6-Person Capacity, $10 per additional person over 4 people
No Hookups, No Cable
Elec, Water, Sewer, Cable – Back-In
Deluxe Full Hookup 30 & 50 Amp Elec, Water, Dual Sewer, Cable, Fire Ring, Grill, Patio With Furniture, Chiminea
Elec, Water, Sewer, Cable – Pull-Thru
Professional Service • Oasis Dealer • Service • Parts • Body Shop
Certified in Freightliner Custom Chassis Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit
Open Monday - Saturday
History of The Great Smoky Mountains Park The extraordinary biodiversity of the Smoky Mountains was recognized in the early 1900s, but that was many years before the Great Smoky Mountains National Park would become a reality. Logging interests stripped much of the region of timber. Becoming alarmed by the commercial logging threats to the forests, Congress finally authorized the Park in 1926. Land acquisition was difficult as more than 85 percent of the Park was owned by lumber and pulpwood companies. The Great Depression made collection of private pledges problematic. Even with the influx of public funds, monies were short. The Rockefeller family donated five million dollars to complete purchase of the lands that would become the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the first National Parks assembled from private lands. This significant contribution is honored in the Park at Newfound Gap. Agreements had been instituted, allowing the continuation of logging operations, but the last tree was felled in 1938. On September 2, 1940, President Franklin Delano Roosevelt officially dedicated the Park. Now encompassing more than 521,000 acres, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is home to one of the nation’s largest collections of rustic architecture. The Park contains more tree species than northern Europe, and more than 200 species of birds and 60 mammals make it their home. In accordance with the National Park Service mission (the preservation of natural and cultural heritage), most of the Park is now managed as wilderness.
To begin, step far enough back from your RV so you can see the entire rig. You’re looking for the big stuff now! Start at the front and walk all the way around the coach, looking up at the roofline, down at the ground, and along the sidewalls of your RV. q Antenna(s) down q Vent covers lowered (if you can’t step back far enough to see these, then you can go inside and check) q All utilities detached and stowed, and sewer cap(s) attached q Leveling or stabilizer jacks retracted q Tires properly inflated — no obstructions q Exterior doors closed and locked q Entry door(s) closed and locked; step(s) retracted q Awning(s) secured q Windows closed q Propane turned off q Automotive lights functioning q Check tire pressure q Adjust rearview mirrors q Additionally, if towing, see that: q Tongue jack or landing gear fully retracted q All safety pins in place q All electrical cords attached, with proper clearance q Safety chains secured q Electric brake breakaway cable securely attached q Finally, count noses! Make sure the kids, dogs, cats, friends and assorted relatives are safely aboard and secured as applicable.
Your Largest Selection of Motorhomes, Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels in East Tennessee! 12
I-40 Exit 373, Knoxville Service Sales Body Shop Mobile Service
Visit our new location in Sevierville, exit 407
The Great Smoky Mountains ... Getting Around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA is a stop on the trolley line that’ll take you nearly everywhere of interest from Sevierville to Gatlinburg and beyond. Almost everything in the area is located along the Parkway. Numbered traffic lights make driving easy. Pigeon Forge was, for many years, a sleepy mountain community on the road to the Smoky Mountains. Now transformed, due, in no small part, to the efforts of Dolly Parton, Pigeon Forge is a recreational/resort destination. Family friendly activities include numerous theater offerings, museums, outdoor family fun, equestrian entertainment, theme parks, and much more. The Annual Patriot Festival, held in Patriot Park, adjacent to KOA, is an old-fashioned, family 4th of July with tributes to veterans and music from the Pigeon Forge Community Chorus. There’s no admission fee to Patriot Park. Many concession stands sell a wide variety of food. Enjoy all 50 states’ flags that surround this park. Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Sevierville are shopping destinations in themselves, with literally hundreds of outlet and specialty stores. You’ll find unique specialty shops, arts and crafts, jewelry and bargains galore! Get a head start on shopping for any occasion because you will find something for everyone. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is open year round with hundreds of miles of trails for hiking and exploration. Entrance is free and you’ll find something for
everyone to enjoy. The Smoky Mountains, covered by over 90% forest, is home to abundant wildlife, pristine streams, waterfalls and flora. Just head south on the Parkway about 10 or so miles; you can’t miss it! While you’re at the park Cades Cove is a must see. The term “cove” refers to a flat valley area between mountains or ridges. This area was a settlement for over a hundred years. Rich in history and wildlife, enjoy an 11-mile drive on Cades Cove Loop Road or one of the many walking tours available. Take the Old State Hwy west off US 441 to this narrow, one-lane road. Drive carefully and enjoy the scenery! The Pigeon Forge Riverwalk connects the KOA and Patriot Park to the Island. The Foothills Parkway is a scenic highway planned back in the 1930s. Following the crest of Chilhowee Mountain, the Scenic Foothills Parkway West begins at US 321 and travels to the Chilhowee Reservoir.
• Look Rock is an off-the-beaten path destination just off the Parkway. The observation ledge looks out across the valley to Gregory Bald on the right and Thunderhead on the left. The 1.2-mile trail leads to an even more commanding view from a lookout tower atop the mountain.
• The mouth of Abrams Creek is located at the end of Happy Valley Road (off the Parkway) and is the lowest point in the National Park, at 840 feet.
FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS TO DIXIE STAMPEDE STOP BY YOUR CABIN RENTAL CHECK-IN OFFICE!
“Scan Me For Fun!”
TO NASHVILLE EXIT 407
HUCKLEBERRY SPRINGS RD
W DUMPLIN VALLEY RD
DOUGLAS DAM RD
Open Mon-Sat April-Nov DOLLY PARTON PKW 10am-5pm Y #17.1
One of America’s
411 and Closed Sundays 35 Winter
Great Natural Attractions
Y KWA PAR
TO HIGHWAY 321
RD SUGAR HOLLOW
LIBRARY COMMUNITY CTR RD
WEARS VALLEY RD
E 11W PIK GE E L T RU S
HIGH VALLEY RD
TO I-40 & COSBY
HENDERSON SPRINGS RD
MUSIC RD HENDERSON CHAPEL RD
BLOWING CAVE RD
Close to Gatlinburg, Newport, 81& Sevierville TO Pigeon Forge BRISTOL/
TO KNOXVILLE & ALCOA
E DUMPLIN VALLEY RD
LD Y FIE KW IN W NP N DU
ST PL RAW AIN B S ERR PIK Y E
LE HWY EVIL ASH
M ID DL
OLD MILL AVE #7
UP PE R
PATRIOT PARK N RIVER
MCCARTER HOLLOW RD
CITY HALL POLICE STATION POST OFFICE
PINE MTN RD
JAKE TH OMAS BLVD
N RIVER RD
RD GOLF DR
CATES LANE #10
TO I-81 & ASHEVILLE
D U DL
K PAR WAY
EVERETT R D
NAM BRA W RD LO L O H
IER BR EEN
TO ASHVILLE & I-81
These businesses are recommended by your host. Please let them know you are staying at the
Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg KOA.
S BASKIN SS BYPA CREEK
N CAMPBELL STATION RD
E Y CR
HISTOR IC NAT URE TR AIL
GATLINBURG CITY HALL
TO COSBY & NEWPORT
(865) 230-5550 www.PremierRV.net
Area Churches CHURCH OF CHRIST GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS
3078 VETERANS BLVD • PIGEON FORGE 865-428-9749
FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH 229 RIVER ROAD • PIGEON FORGE 865-453-8333
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF PIGEON FORGE 3290 PARKWAY • PIGEON FORGE 865-453-4647
HOLY CROSS CATHOLIC CHURCH
144 WEARS VALLEY ROAD • PIGEON FORGE 865-429-5587
ST. PAUL LUTHERAN CHURCH
1610 PULLEN ROAD • SEVIERVILLE 865-429-6023
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
For Your Convenience • Propane • Deluxe Cabins • Camping Cabins • Meeting Rooms • Horseshoes • Frisbee Golf • RV/Boat Storage • Open Year-Round • Gifts & Souvenirs • Groceries & Ice • Zero Entry Wading Pool • Gaga Pit • Planned Activities • Corn Hole • Extended Stay Sites • Business Center • Grassy Sites • Level Pull-Thru Sites • Shaded Sites • Sites on River
• Cable TV • Tent Sites • Full Hookup Sites • 3 Facility Buildings • Laundry Facilities • Mail Service • After Hours Registration • Hot Tub • Heated Pool • Fitness Center • Playground • Basketball • RV Supplies • Free Wi-Fi • Special Dollywood & Dollywood’s Splash Country Tickets • Jumping Pillow
Celebrating 30 Years of Bringing Families Together. For our anniversary, we’re celebrating everything you have loved about Dollywood for 30 years. We’re bringing back guest favorites around the park, from shows and food, to gifts and events. There’s more to see, more to do and more moments to love in 2015!
Dollywood.com Purchase Discount Tickets in Campground Office! Page 11
8,000 sq ft ACCESSORY STORE 16
16 Bay Service Center Full Paint & Body Shop RV Storage
I 40 East
© 2015 AGS-TXAD.COM • CROWLEY, TX • (877) 518-1989 • 02-15 KC MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION • D0851 HDF 11311
Published on Feb 11, 2014