GUIDE TO TICKET BUYING THERE ARE FIVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF TICKETS FOR THE 2014 LEVEL GROUND FILM FESTIVAL 1. LAEMMLE SCREENINGS AT THE LAEMMLE PLAYHOUSE: Tickets are $10. (Student rush tickets are $5. You can get student tickets beginning 1 hour before the screening, cash only please) 2. LUNCH GALAS AT LINEAGE DANCE STUDIO: These are the premiere short films of the festival. They are limited to 40 people and include a catered lunch and a more intimate dialogue with speakers and filmmakers. Tickets are $20.
There are also several free events throughout the festival. Many of these will have limited seating so sign up for your spot at the headquarters or get there early the day-of. •• Morning Yoga •• Festival of Books •• Workshops •• Legacy Film Screenings •• Awards Ceremony There are TWO passes available for this year’s festival:
3. DINNER GALAS AT JONES COFFEE: These are the premiere feature length films of the festival. They are limited to 40 people and include a catered dinner and a more intimate dialogue with speakers and filmmakers. Tickets are $40.
1. LAEMMLE PASS – includes entry to any of the 20 Laemmle screenings. These screenings mostly take place during the opening weekend and after 5PM during the week. This pass costs $75.
4. OPENING AND CLOSING GALAS: The opening gala is a performance piece in the sanctuary at First United Methodist Church. The closing gala is a celebration screening at the Armory Center for the Arts. Tickets are $10 each.
2. ALL ACCESS PASS – includes priority access to the Laemmle screenings, (1) ticket to theater performance, (1) ticket to the opening and closing night galas, and entry to the All-Access Lounge. You also receive 25% off lunch and dinner galas with this pass. This pass costs $175.
5. THEATER PERFORMANCE: Scott Turner Schofield (Becoming A Man) and Jessica Lynn Johnson (ZE) are performing a double billed live theater performance at Lineage Dance Studio. Tickets are $20.
To purchase tickets—or for more information— visit onlevelground.org/tickets or stop by the Box Office located in the Level Ground Headquarters.
2014 LEVEL GROUND FILM FESTIVAL DAILY SCHEDULE THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20
8 AM 9 AM 10 AM
1 PM 2 PM
First United Methodist Church of Pasadena
4:30 PM 5 PM
Level Ground Headquarters Laemmle Playhouse 7
WORKSHOP Why Language Matters?
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 26
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 27
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28
WORKSHOP Exploring Identity with Art
MATTERHORN (1:10 PM)
FESTIVAL OF BOOKS
LUNCH GALA The Skin Is Mine / Desnudos *
LUNCH GALA Whiter Shade of Pale
LUNCH GALA Kiss Me Softly / Am I Not Your Girl
KIDNAPPED FOR CHRIST DESIRE OF THE EVERLASTING HILLS (2:50 PM)
DAMSEL, ARISE (3:50 PM) WORKSHOP Homebrewed Christianity ZE/BECOMING A MAN Theatre Performance
MATTERHORN (4:40 PM) SHORTS PROGRAM FAMILY (5:10 PM)
Armory Center for the Arts
BEFORE YOU KNOW IT * (6:15 PM) THE MOST FUN I’VE HAD WITH MY PANTS ON (7:10 PM) ZE/BECOMING A MAN Theatre Performance
DINNER GALA Bridegroom
PRIVATE GALA * Invite Only
DINNER GALA In Bloom
DINNER GALA Desire of the Everlasting Hills
DINNER GALA Kidnapped for Christ
LEGACY We Were Here
LEGACY Born Again
LEGACY Paris is Burning
INDIEGOGO PARTY Invite Only GEOGRAPHY CLUB (9:20 PM)
9 PM SHORTS PROGRAM Love/Relationships (9:45 PM)
LUNCH GALA Phallometer/ I Feel Lost *
GEOGRAPHY CLUB (4:10 PM)
Jones Coffee Roasters
OPENING GALA Gray: Exploring Spaces Between Black &White
FESTIVAL OF BOOKS
BEFORE YOU KNOW IT * (2:50 PM) IN BLOOM (3:50 PM)
SHORTS PROGRAM IDENTITY * (10:20 PM)
THE MOST FUN I’VE HAD WITH MY PANTS ON (9:50 PM)
DATE & SWITCH *
11 PM MIDNIGHT
SATURDAY, MARCH 1
Lineage Dance Studio
7:30 PM 8 PM
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24
LUNCH GALA I’m Yours/ Change Over Time
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23
3 PM 4 PM
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 22
11 AM NOON
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21
*WARNING: Film contains nudity or adult content. If you have questions, or would like more information, please ask.
CLOSING GALA Celebration Screening of Fried Green Tomatoes