BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
DESIGN PRODUCTION - PRINT
END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION NAME
BLOG. Ocassell1013.blogspot.com ADDRESS
1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? From the beginning of this module I have been able to gain a better understanding of the print industries, print methods and print processes, with the information received and the taught sessions I have been able to build a good body of research in terms of print and it has helped me to develop my design approaches and print finishes for the good is brief. The taught sessions with graham and mike have been really useful and helped me develop my software skills further and proved help with creating my zine.
2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? The taught sessions with Fred I found completely change my design process, I found after the sessions although exhausted from design I wanted to carry on developing my work further, the logos for instance, iv found since the 驶150始 task I approach each task now and try to have as many variations as I can before going in one direction. Also the sessions with Lorenzo helped me start to consider stock more and want to explore as many different stock options I could.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? I Feel that due to my research into stocks and special finishes my outcomes are my main strength, I regret still not spending enough time developing them and using more techniques. Another main strength is my concept, I feel from the beginning with my good being a specific object I could choose a specific audience, which helped me further ideas for deliverables and context.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future? Once again time management has been the biggest weakness in this brief I need to try to use diaries in the future and definitely begin using a calendar
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 1. Begin using time management in an effective way (diaries, Calendar) A better use of time management will not only improve quantity of work but quality, I feel it effects my work more than anything. 2. Take more advantage of the facilities provided. I always says I始ll try something an often not pursue it, usually in terms of print finishes. 3. Stay on top of the little tasks The smaller tasks set in the module help develop your skills as an ongoing process but I need to stop leaving them until last minute and tackle them as soon as I get it. 4. Constantly get people to crit my work If peers and friends crit my work it will help me focus my work and not leave me dwelling on my own ideas all the time. 5. Stay later after university I have found that recently I don始t mind staying late at college, It definitely feels a lot more productive and I know it will aid my design massively.
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas: (please indicate using an 驶x始) 5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor 1
Attendance Punctuality Motivation Commitment Quantity of work produced Quality of work produced Contribution to the group The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions
relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.