Page 46

Amsterdam welcomes back international offshore community

Offshore Energy 2012 addresses key challenges in future energy supply

Global energy demand will double by 2050 and could even triple from what it was in 2000. By 2050, renewable energy sources and nuclear energy may account for some 40% of the world’s energy supply. This means that the remaining 60% will still have to come from fossil fuels. In order to meet growing energy demand, the world will need to invest heavily in energy production, drawing both from renewable and traditional fossil sources. Natural gas, produced increasingly from offshore provinces, will play a key role. Offshore Energy in The Netherlands, a country home to a wide range of renowned and internationally operating offshore companies, addresses the challenges associated with securing the world’s future energy supply.

44

2012

Offshore Holland 3 | 2012  

Offshore Holland is een hoogwaardig, Engelstalig relatie- en promotiemagazine voor de internationale olie- en gasindustrie. Het doel van het...

Read more
Read more
Similar to
Popular now
Just for you