Beyer Home Museum
Located at 917 Park Avenue in Oconto, it was the first brick home built in the county, in 1868. Now completely restored and furnished in 1890â€™s well-to-do Victorian fashion. Annex contains Copper Culture artifacts, old Main Street Oconto store exhibits, carriages and electric cars in the Carriage Museum. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day on M, W, TH & F 12pm-4pm, Sat-Sun 10am-4pm.
Gillett Area Historical Society Museum
110 W. Main St.; Queen Ann style home, built in 1910 boasts a three story turret and beautiful original woodwork. Museum open for tours, free of charge, Saturday and Sunday, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m., June 1st through Labor Day. For information call (920) 598-1910 or visit www.gilletthistorical.com.
Holt & Balcom Logging Camp Museum
MUSEUMS NICOLET NATIONAL FOREST
East of Lakewood on Co. F (approx. one mile then turn South into McCauslin Brook Golf & Country Club). The oldest logging camp in North America, built on this site in 1881. Operated and maintained by Oconto County Historical Society. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Open Saturdays 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. during summer. For more information call Bob at (715) 276-3505.
Mountain Log House Museum
The restoration of this log house gave birth to the formation of the Mountain Historical Society in 1999. Fred and Augusta Bartz constructed this first permanent home in Mountain in the late 1880â€™s of hand hewn logs. The old log house serves as a historical museum and information center as well as a memorial to the Mountain pioneers.
Lena Museum & Log Cabin
Located at 118 Maple Street (one block West of Old Hwy 141). Open Sundays 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. from June thru August. The museum contains area artifacts, displays of interest from the Frigo Cheese Factory, school, & General Mercantile. The museum also has an antique fire pumper, farm equipment and carpentry tools on display. The log cabin was moved to the site from a rural Lena farm, donated by the Stodola family. The cabin is partially furnished and will be sure to take you back in time.
Oconto Archaic Copper Museum
At Copper Culture State Park (no admission sticker needed) It is a National Historic Site which also offers the oldest copper Burial Cemetery dating back as much as 7,500 years and is the first metal-tooling industry in North America. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day daily from 11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The admission is free, but donations are welcome. Special appointments and group tours, call (920) 834-6206.
This rare stone barn was built in 1903, is on the State and National Register of Historic Places, and is one of the last remaining all fieldstone barns in the country. The Chase Stone Barn is located at 8246 County Road S, Pulaski. For more information visit www.townofchase.org.