The North West Leicestershire Family Grapevine PO Box 8957, Ashby de la Zouch Leicestershire LE65 9BN Telephone: 01530 452342 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.thefamilygrapevine.co.uk/nwleics/ The Family Grapevine is a well established, trusted and popular local telephone directory for families in A4 magazine format. Each edition contains hundreds of phone numbers covering a huge range of subjects of interest and inspiration to families including places to go, childcare, toddler groups, preschools, schools, clubs, classes, helplines, advisory services, organisations and businesses.
• listings of local telephone numbers It is not always easy for parents to find the exact information and help that is required at the very moment that it is needed. The Family Grapevine aims to address that need. A large number of agencies and services provide excellent support for parents as they face new or challenging situations and offer them a wealth of local information. Only The Family Grapevine draws them all together in one essential publication.
• comprehensive and accurate We take pride in our research and include everything we can find which we think will be helpful for our readers.
• for families with children from antenatal to 18 The extraordinary scope of our listings means there is information in every issue for families with children of all ages from conception to young adulthood.
• free for readers to pick up The Family Grapevine is published three times a year and distributed during March, July and November. We will be printing 7,500 copies of the Spring 2009 issue. Copies are free and are available to pick up in a wide variety of locations throughout the area. Towns and villages included in our listings and to which we distribute copies include:
• Ashby • Coalville • Castle Donington • Loughborough • Melton Mowbray
Why advertise with The Family Grapevine?
• Support the continued publication of this valuable information resource for your community • Long shelf life of four months - copies are usually kept for reference, not read once and discarded • Multiple views for your advert - copies are referred to many times • Adverts provide the graphic content for the magazine so they are noticed and enjoyed by readers • Targeted free distribution - all copies are picked up by parents because they are wanted • Read by both parents and professionals - respected and valued by both • The area is big enough to help you to find new clients or customers, small enough to be truly local
Here are just a few of the wonderful comments we have received from advertisers over the years: If I only advertised in one place it would be The Family Grapevine. TumbleTots, Tunbridge Wells The Family Grapevine is one of the most respected publications in the area containing a wealth of information in a simple format. The Hawthorns School, East Surrey Just mailing to let you know a woman from a village outside Brighton rang me tonight and because of seeing the ad in The Grapevine she is organizing a coach filled with every woman from her village! So hooray! Well done! Mother Funkers, Sussex What a great Magazine! All the info and contacts needed by anyone with children in one handy package. Bath Toy Library, Bath and Wells We are keen to advertise Stagecoach Theatre Arts School throughout Shropshire and your magazine has been very successful in introducing prospective pupils to the dedicated coaching in drama, singing and dance we offer. Stagecoach, Shrewsbury I think the advert looks fantastic and we have had a lot of phone calls from it. Zodiac Gymnastic Club, East Surrey You get exactly what it says on the packet: good, clear info that families are looking for! Brilliant! Gemini Daycare, East Surrey We estimate 70% of our enquiries refer to the ad in your magazine, so a very big thank you, The Family Grapevine is a very popular magazine. Advertiser, East Surrey I have been very impressed with the personal and professional service offered by The Family Grapevine for my baby massage business. It targets just the right market, is affordable and offers a wide distribution. I have had a great response to my advertising and get 80% of my new clients through this channel. Baby Touch Baby Massage, Woking, Bagshot and Spelthorne
I was there at the beginning so have watched you grow with interest, and been impressed by each new improvement you’ve made. Dial-A-Tutor, East Surrey I have found the Family Grapevine staff very helpful, also listened to the needs of the advertisement and a very efficient service. Elm Children’s Centre, Peterborough and Fenland I salute your enterprise and what you are doing for all families in Milton Keynes and surrounds. I love being part of the publication. Reflexologist, Milton Keynes This will probably be my last advert so thanks for all your help over the past few years. I don’t think my own business would have been quite so successful without The Family Grapevine! Wishing you continued success! Tinytalk, Mid Surrey (on moving away from the area) A wonderful unique publication - well done. Redhill Tutoring, East Surrey We have already had a number of enquiries from The Family Grapevine ad. A couple have signed up as a result, a number have looked around... The Little Ark, Eastbourne, after advertising in the launch issue Thank you for the wonderful service you provide, so many of our customers have come from seeing our advert in the Grapevine. Scallywags soft play and cafe, East Surrey Wow, seriously impressed, not only a fab and very snazzy advert, but blimmin quick too. We love it. Inflatafun Bouncy Castles, East Surrey We continue to receive many admission enquiries via The Family Grapevine. Keep up the good work! Micklefield School, Independent School, East Surrey We have found that advertising in The Family Grapevine has been most beneficial. Over the last two weeks we have had up to 4 enquiries a day. Nutfield Day Nursery, East Surrey
Advertising in The Family Grapevine The Family Grapevine presentation and style make it friendly and easy to read. Although the publication is principally a phone book, readers enjoy browsing through it. Advertising is valued and actively absorbed by our readers as it provides all the topical interest, colour and graphic content for each magazine. The Family Grapevine puts your business in touch with the people that need your services at the time when they need you the most. Your advert will reach a well targeted, established and growing market. The Family Grapevine is distributed through a variety of established outlets chosen for their popularity with parents and their proactive attitude to providing information. These include libraries, health visitors, shops, CABs, soft play areas, nurseries and providers of welcome packs for people moving into the area. A complementary copy of the magazine is sent to all advertisers.
Format & design We accept many types of copy from a scribbled sketch to professional files. Our design service is free. Send copy to The NW Leicestershire Family Grapevine, PO Box 8957, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire, LE65 9BN or email it to email@example.com. Digital copy may be submitted in a variety of file formats, JPG and PDF being the most common. All photos and files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. Advertisements should be in CMYK colours. We do not accept responsibility for inaccuracy or loss of definition arising from conversion or re-sizing of adverts.
Editorial and Advertorial The North West Leicestershire edition of the Family Grapevine is principally a telephone directory. We do not solicit editorial and very rarely include it in our publications. However, if you wish to submit advertising in editorial style this is generally acceptable. Any such advertorial will be charged at the same rates as display advertising. At our discretion they may be displayed in a frame (box) and be clearly marked â€œAdvertisement Featureâ€?.
Copy Deadlines Copy Copy Copy Copy
dates are normally the 10th of the month preceding publication. deadline for the March issue is 10th February deadline for the July issue is 10th June deadline for the November issue is 10th October
Telephone: 01530 452342 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.thefamilygrapevine.co.uk/nwleics/
Advert sizes and rates (display and advertorial) Our columns are 4.5cm wide. Minimum size for a full colour display advert is 6cm x 4.5cm. Our most popular sizes are as follows: Classified Adverts Classified (Coloured background and text + £5)
Height cm 3
Width cm 4.5
Price inc VAT £25.00
Price inc VAT
Sixteenth of a page (portrait)
Twelfth of a page (landscape)
Eighth of a page (landscape)
Sixth of a page (landscape)
Quarter of a page (portrait)
Half page (portrait)
Half page (landscape)
Full page with margins
Full page with no margins and 3mm bleed area
A F C G B E D
A 10% discount is given if you book a series of 3 adverts. The discount applies to all adverts in the series and may be taken off the cost of the last advert in the series. If you are exempt from VAT due to charitable status please advise us when you book. PPA Registered Agencies may request an agency commission at 10%.
Tel Fred - the editor on 01530 452342 • email email@example.com