Opportunity Knocks! Jobs open to Graduates from any Art & Design discipline
1. Digital Producer, the Arts Council, Manchester Salary ÂŁ24,992 per annum, plus excellent benefits, Contract: permanent, working 35 hours per week
Arts Council England champions, develops and invests in artistic and cultural experiences that enrich people's lives. We support a range of activities across the arts, museums and libraries - from theatre to digital art, reading to dance, music to literature, and crafts to collections. An opportunity has arisen to join our Digital Communications team and support on a range of projects across the Arts Councilâ€™s digital channels. You will have a creative approach to content and strong editorial experience; writing and editing copy for websites and online publications and working with content management systems. In addition to a sound knowledge of social media marketing techniques you will also be skilled at Google Analytics reporting. You will be able to confidently commission copy, video and audio for our corporate website and have experience managing relationships with external suppliers. You will also have a good understanding of how to develop distribution networks to ensure our online content achieves maximum audience reach.
2. Documentary Film-Maker, Pop up Projects CIC London Closes Tuesday 4 June 2013 Paid (£30k-40k pro rata) Part time Artform
Seeking Talented Documentary Film-Maker for Imaginative Literature Project (temporary position) Pop Up Projects CIC are seeking an experienced freelance documentary film-maker to produce, direct and edit two short films capturing the impact of our Pop Up Education programmes in two London schools, between 17th and 28th June 2013. Each school programme involves classes reading books and participating in creative workshops led by the authors of their books in schools, museums and galleries; a total 26 classes will participate in 26 author workshops. The shorts will be used to promote our services to the education sector, and will therefore evidence impact of the project on pupils, teachers, authors and parents. Applicants must have evidence of producing at least two quality documentary shorts on any subject and to brief. The films will need to be completed and delivered by 5th July 2013, and the total fee is £2,000 plus VAT. Making an Application: Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am Tuesday 4th June 2013:
A letter clearly outlining your experience as a maker of documentary short films as well as your interest in this commission. Please do not detail work experience outside of film-making. The letter must be no longer than one side of A4 paper, with your name, email and telephone number clearly at the top
A single sheet listing documentary films you have made, providing the title and description of – and link to – each film.
No other materials, such as CV’s, will be accepted. Three applicants will be shortlisted, and contacted to arrange an interview; with the successful applicant being awarded the commission by Tuesday 11thJune. It is important that applicants must be available every day between 17th and 28th June to film in the schools and other locations. Filming will not take place every day; but a schedule for the two weeks will not be available until the applicant is appointed.
3. Artist / furniture design, Art & Escape Ltd East, Cambridge Closes Monday 10 June 2013 Paid (ÂŁ10k-15k pro rata) Part time Artform: Other, artist / designer Description Artist/designer sought to work closely with a contemporary furniture maker on a freelance basis. The ideal candidate should be based within the Cambridge area, (studio premises based in Little Gransden), and hold a full drivers license. We are looking for someone who can work with a variety of materials such as perspex, metal and wood. You will be required to work closely with a furniture maker, able to interpret ideas and visualize concepts. This is a freelance part-time position with further scope for development on ongoing projects. The candidate should possess a clear open mind, good visualizing skills with a creative edge towards creating exciting individual pieces. Contact: Nikki Miller email@example.com
4. Graduates, Central London, Arcadia, £19,000 plus excellent benefits Do you have your finger on the fashion pulse? Do you want an exciting and rewarding career within one of the UK’s leading high street retailers? If so you will love working as a Buyer’s Administration Assistant within one of our fast paced leading high street brands. Day-to-day responsibilities include: - Providing crucial administrative support to the Buying team - Taking an active role in the buying process by attending fit sessions, placing product orders and monitoring the critical path - Maintaining and developing lasting relationships with the rest of your team, merchandisers and suppliers. - Keeping a close eye on the high street and the catwalk ensuring you know what's going on and can advise your team accordingly In order to be successful in the role you'll need: - Creative flair, passion and commercial awareness - Great communication and organisational skills - A fashion related degree and a couple of weeks buying working experience is essential due to the fast-paced nature of this role. In return for your efforts we can offer you: - A rewarding and progressive career with the UK's leading retail group - A competitive salary - Generous holiday allowance - Other benefits including company bonus scheme, pension and up to 25% discount on Group merchandise. If you feel you have the energy, enthusiasm and necessary experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply Now: http://www.arcadiagroup.co.uk/careers/current-vacancies
5. F&F Clothing - Designer - Kids Swimwear Tesco is a great place to work - whether you're planning the layouts of our aisles, sourcing products in Thailand or improving our supply chain in Turkey. We have become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and staff. We believe in treating each other with respect, giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers and earning their loyalty for life. Job Specification: We are undertaking major investment into our Design Team, following our new built design studio. We have developed a team of specialist designers in order to focus our efforts on developing a consistent and market leading clothing range. Our investment includes a purpose built design studio to enhance our team communication and brand development opportunities. Candidate Specification: - You must be both fashion led, and commercial and have advanced working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator. - You must be an established Designer/Senior Designer who has designed for high Street fashion retailers. - You will be accustomed to working in a fast paced environment. - Good working knowledge of fabrications - Able to work as an individual with self-motivation - Identifying key trends within the children's swimwear market - Ability to work across both boys and girls depts. - Working alongside a trainee and assistant designer so working in house would be required - Managing graphic designers Benefits: Competitive, Reference: 3318 Location: Welwyn Garden City, Salary: Competitive, Position: Permanent Sector: UK Head Office, Commercial, UK Clothing, Apply before: Sunday, 16 June 2013
6. JUNIOR DIGITAL PHOTGRAPHER, Location London, W12 Business NET-A-PORTER.COM, Hours of Work 37.5 hours per week. NET-A-PORTER.COM launched in June 2000 and has since successfully established itself as the world’s premier luxury online fashion retailer. The Role: We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team of photographers to work within our studio team, bringing the NET-A-PORTER, THE OUTNET & MR PORTER repertoire of products to life through high quality digital photography. You will use beautiful lighting and a strong eye for detail, thereby constantly improving the shopping experience at all three brands. "... the slickest high-fashion magazine-style website” Sunday Times Style, UK “…when fashion and technology cross the result is NET-A-PORTER.COM. The trendiest online boutique, a glimpse at shopping in the third millennium” French Vogue Responsibilities:
Working in the Studio Production team alongside the stylists taking commercial digital images of NAP, OUTNET & MR PORTER products. Ensuring that all products are lit correctly, efficiently and creatively, in accordance with our company guidelines. Producing high quality and consistently beautiful images, ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent. Prepare sets, checking that all equipment is functioning, setting up appropriate lighting and keeping accurate daily shoot records. Image selection; working with the stylist to choose images that comply with the Style Guide. Accurately name and archive digital asset files. Mark up images with clear and informative notes for the retouch team Crop and process images, maintaining file size specification guidelines. Perform quality assurance on all images. Ensuring all images are ready in advance of online sales.
Meeting personal targets and daily and weekly deadlines. Ability to work well within a team working well under pressure with a flexible attitude. Responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props and supplies.
Ad hoc duties Essential Skills & Requirements:
Proven experience in digital photography in a commercial studio environment. Technical knowledge and practical experience of studio lighting High technical proficiency in Mac computers and software. Fluency in Photoshop CS and Capture One Pro essential. Ability to work well within a team Assertive and constructive in directing models on set Proven skills in still-life photography Ability to work well to deadlines and under pressure Proactive and able to take initiative Detail oriented and creative.
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/18nzJPm
7. Furniture Designer Location: Mansfield (NG18) View map Salary: From £24,000 to £35,000 per annum Date posted: 09/05/2013 12:08Job type: Permanent Company: Careers in Design Contact: Pippa Baker Ref: Total jobs/V02680 Job ID: 55945426 This leading Upholstery manufacturer in the UK works with many of the major furniture retailers and is seeking to strengthen their Design Team, with the appointment of a Furniture Designer. This exciting opportunity is available to a candidate with a real flair for design, and an eye for fabric selection, who is able to work on their own accounts, take a design brief from its initial concept through each technical and commercial stage to the end market. Based in the studio and factory in Nottinghamshire, this is a key role within their organisation reporting directly to the Head of Design, working closely together to meet their design requirements. Main Duties include:
Production of new product sketches and coloured visuals using Photoshop for customer briefs to include fabric and foot selection Generation of dimensioned frame drawings using Solidworks to issue to frame makers Carrying new product through the development process and costing new product Responding to any quality issues, modifying frame drawings and reissuing drawings to frame makers, briefing on changes.Likewise with foam kits and suppliers Presenting and liaising with clients Production of visual presentation boards when required. Meeting with fabric agents, ordering new fabric samples Drawing up of all new furniture feet using Solidworks and ordering of new foot samples Drawing up of all assembly guides/product instruction sheets/foot fitting guides etc Occasional production of upholstery/production guide diagrams for the track Producing black and white line drawings of all product and coloured line drawings of all independent product. Sourcing all bed hardware, drawing up frames, specing up and costing etc
Other Duties include: Maintaining fabric room, beds showroom and main showroom when needed assisting with trade shows and photography when required Occasionally drawn up new factory furniture such as shelves, trolleys, workstations, loading ramps etc. and source through Steelworkers Person / Experience Required:
Ability to sketch design ideas Fluent in AutoCAD, Solidworks and Photoshop Have the presence to help manage, organise and inspire their Design Team Self-motivated individual who can work at a fast pace, to meet target deadlines BA (Hons) in Furniture or similar qualification At least 2 years’ relevant industrial experience Current driving licence
Apply Here: http://bit.ly/10sGGtl
8. Selfridges, Graphic Designer – Packaging Ref HO984 Salary Competitive + excellent benefits Inc. generous team member discount, London, Oxford Street At Selfridges we have a reputation for innovation. From our world-famous window displays to the chic minimalism of our new Women’s Designer Galleries and the delights of the Wonder Room, we offer our customers a visual feast. One that demands a constant flow of creative graphics and exciting, inspiring packaging. About the role Your main focus will be innovative packaging for Selfridges own brand products that help keep us at the forefront of creativity and innovation. Whether you’re giving our iconic yellow bags a fresh twist or creating food packaging that reflects the indulgent ingredients within, your designs will enhance the Selfridges’ brand and creative reputation. Doing that well means building strong relationships with Buying & Merchandising, our production teams and external suppliers. Working closely with our Senior Graphics Manager and Head of Graphics, you will also support the wider team, being a strong all round graphic designer, involved in delivering creative, graphic concepts for all areas of the business, taking our brand in original and exciting new directions.
About you Educated to degree level (or equivalent), with significant experience in packaging and commercial graphic design, you’ll be confident managing a heavy workload and juggling several jobs at any one time, and will keep a cool head under pressure. You’ll be a strong team player with first-rate communication skills and a keen eye for detail. And, while you’ll naturally be a creative thinker, you’ll also bring the practical skills needed to back up your imagination and originality – you must know your way around both Macs and PCs, will have an advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and 3D packaging software, and will bring at least a basic understanding of PowerPoint. About us We’re a world-famous retailer and the definitive shopping destination – one that’s all about entertainment, inspiration and fun. From designer fashion to luxurious homewares and everything in between, we always offer our customers the very best. About the rewards There are plenty of them – including generous team member discount, 22 days’ holiday and great bonus potential. Click here to apply for this job: http://selfridgescareers.com/vacancies