E D R I N & B M E R R
T K E Y
BAKED WITH LOVE BY CHRIS!
NUTELLA BISCOTTI INGREDIENTS • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour • 2 TABLESPOONS COCOA • 1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER • 1/2 teaspoon BAKING SODA • 1/2 TEASPOON SALT • 3 LARGE EGGS • 1 CUP SUGAR • 1/2 CUP NUTELLA • 1/2 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS • 1/2 CUP HAZELNUTS (OPTIONAL)
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 2. Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Beat eggs in separate bowl until frothy. 4. Add sugar and continue beating on high for about 2 minutes. 5. Stir in Nutella. 6. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir until well combined. 7. Stir in chocolate chips and hazelnuts, if using. 8. Divide dough into 2 or 3 logs with well floured hands and arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press logs into rectangles about 1/2” thick. 9. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. 10. Remove from oven; turn down heat to 300°F. 11. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into 1/3-1/2” slices. Arrange on baking sheet and return to oven. 12. Bake for 10-12 minutes; turn biscotti over and bake an additional 10-12 minutes (depending on thickness of your slices). 13. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
BAKED WITH LOVE BY DANIELLE!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
• 1 2/3 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
• 1 CUP SUGAR
2. Combine all dry ingredients.
• 1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
3. Combine eggs, pumpkin, and butter
• 1/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
with whisk until well blended.
• 1 TABLESPOON PUMPKIN SPICE
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
(OR A COMBINATION OF NUTMEG, CINNAMON,
5. Add wet ingredients to dry
GROUND CLOVES, AND ALLSPICE)
ingredients and combine well.
• 2 EGGS
6. Bake for 20 minutes in a pre-greased
• 1 CUP PUMPKIN (1/2 CAN)
• 1 STICK SOFTENED BUTTER • 1 CUP CHOCOLATE CHIPS
BAKED WITH LOVE BY CHERIE!
OREO CHEESECAKE COOKIES INGREDIENTS
• 1/2 CUP UNSALTED BUTTER,
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. 2. In a food processor, crush Oreo cookies until they’re find crumbs. Set aside. 3. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and well combined. 4. Add sugar and vanilla extract and beat until well incorporated. 5. Gently mix in flour and stir in chocolate chips with a spatula. 6. Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into ball with hands; roll ball in Oreo crumbs. 7. Arrange balls on lined or pre-greased cookie sheet. 8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or more, depending on size of cookies. 9. Remove when edges begin to brown; cool on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
ROOM TEMPERATURE • 3 OUNCES CREAM CHEESE, ROOM TEMPERATURE • 1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR • 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT • 1 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR • 1/2 CUP MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS • 1 CUP CRUSHED OREOS (ABOUT 10 OREO COOKIES)
BAKED WITH LOVE BY KRISTIN!
SUGAR COOKIES INGREDIENTS • 3/4 TEASPOON KOSHER SALT • 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER • 3 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, PLUS MORE FOR ROLLING • 1 1/4 CUP (2 1/2 STICK) CHILLED, UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO 1/2” PIECES • 1 CUP SUGAR • 1 LARGE EGG • 1 LARGE EGG YOLK • 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT [MAKES 2-3 DOZEN, DEPENDING ON SIZE]
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Place racks in lower & upper thirds of oven; preheat to 325°F. 2. Whisk salt, baking powder, and 3 cups of flour in a small bowl. 3. Using an electric mixer on high, beat butter and sugar until well combined. 4. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; beat just to combine. 5. Reduce speed to low and gradually add dry ingredients; mix just to combine. 6. Form dough into two 3/4”-thick disks; wrap in plastic and chill for 2 hours. 7. One disk at a time, let dough sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. 8. Roll out on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper until about 1/4” thick, dusting with flour as needed. 9. Cut out shapes. 10. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12-16 minutes. 11. Transfer and cool on wire rack.
BAKED WITH LOVE BY ALEXANDRA!
CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD INGREDIENTS
• 1 CUP SOFTENED BUTTER
1. Preheat oven to 330°F.
• 1/2 CUP CONFECTIONER’S SUGAR
2. With an electric beater, mix together
• 1/2 CUP CORNSTARCH
butter and confectioner’s sugar.
• 1 1/2 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
3. Sift together flour and cornstarch
• 1 CUP SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
and add gradually to butter mixture. 4. Add the chocolate chips. 5. Shape dough into little balls of approximately 1 1/4 inch in diameter. Put on a non-greased cookie sheet. 6. Bake at 330°F for about 20 minutes.
BAKED WITH LOVE BY LUCY!
CRANBERRY WALNUT SWIRLS INGREDIENTS PASTRY • 1/2 CUP BUTTER, SOFTENED • 3/4 CUP SUGAR • 1 EGG • 1 TEASPOON VANILLA • 1 1/2 CUPS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR • 1/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER • 1/4 TEASPOON SALT FILLING • 1/2 CUP FINELY GROUND CRANBERRIES • 1/2 CUP FINELY GROUND WALNUTS • 1 TABLESPOON GRATED ORANGE PEEL • 3 TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR • 2 TEASPOONS MILK
INSTRUCTIONS PASTRY In large bowl, combine butter, egg, and vanilla until fluffy. remaining (dry) ingredients in to butter mixture and combine. refrigerate dough at least one
sugar, Combine bowl; add Wrap and hour.
FILLING In small bowl, combine cranberries, walnuts, and orange peel; set aside. In cup, combine brown sugar and milk. COOKIES Roll dough out to 10” square. Spread with sugared milk. Sprinkle with cranberry mixture, leaving about 1/2” around edge. Roll up tightly. Wrap in wax paper and freeze several hours. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut roll into 1/4” slices and place on pre-greased sheets and bake for 14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
BAKED WITH LOVE BY SEVAN!
ZESTY AREIAS INGREDIENTS
• 300G (2 3/4 CUPS) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1. Place racks in upper third of oven; preheat to 350°F, and line two baking. 2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients, using hands to knead together dough. 3. If dough is powdery and does nt come together, add 1-2 tablespoons whoel milk, as needed. 4. Knead dough into a ball and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, 5. Pinch off and make small balls with dough, about 1/2” in diameter, and arrange on pre-greased baking sheet. 6. With finger, make a small “dimple” on every ball. 7. Bake for about 8-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown slightly. 8. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
• 250G (A LITTLE MORE THAN 2 STICKS) UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO 1/2” PIECES AND SOFTENED • 100G (4/5 CUP) CONFECTIONER’S SUGAR; ADDITIONAL FOR SPRINKLING ON TOP • 1 grated naval orange peel (OPTIONAL) • 1-2 TABLESPOONS WHOLE MILK
BAKED WITH LOVE BY GILLIAN!
OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES INGREDIENTS
• 1/2 CUP (1 STICK) BUTTER, SOFTENED
1. In a large bowl, cream together
• 2/3 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR, PACKED
butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla
• 1 LARGE EGG
• 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
2. In a separate bowl, whisk flour,
• 3/4 CUP ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
baking soda, cinamon, and salt. Stir this
• 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
into butter/sugar mixture.
• 1/2 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
3. Stir in oats, raisins, and walnuts.
• 1/4 TEASPOON TABLE SALT
4. Scoop dough onto parchment-lined baking
• 1 1/2 CUPS ROLLED OATS
sheet; chill for 1 hour (optional).
• 3/4 CUP RAISINS
5. Preheat oven to 350°F before scooping.
• 1/2 CUP WALNUTS, CHOPPED
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden at egdes. 7. Remove when edges begin to brown; cool on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
BAKED WITH LOVE BY KATIE!
CHOCOLATE MINT TRUFFLETTES INGREDIENTS
• 4 OUNCES BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE,
1. Heat both chocolates and milk together
in a double boiler over hot water
• 4 OUNCES MILK CHOCOLATE, CHOPPED
until the chocolate has melted. Stir to
• 3 TABLESPOONS HEAVY CREAM
• 1 LARGE EGG YOLK
2. Add egg yolk and mint to chocolate
• 2 TEASPOONS FINELY MINCED FRESH MINT
mixture and mix well until it thickens.
• 2 TEASPOONS UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
3. Spoon chocolate onto a paper-lined cookie sheet, making about 20. 4. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, then press each piece into a roundish ball. 5. Put the balls on a plate, sprinkle over with cocoa, and shake plate so that trufflettes roll around in cocoa and become fully coated.